Women often care about skin imperfections in the form of fine wrinkles, age spots and other flaws. Ferulic peeling is exactly what will help to eliminate such phenomena.
- What is ferulic peeling
- Ferulic Acid Properties
- The composition of the ferulic preparation
- Methodology Efficiency
- Beautician reviews
- What is the difference from other types of peeling
- Almond Ferulic Peeling
- Protocol of procedure
- Is it possible to carry out the procedure yourself at home
- Possible complications and side effects
- Ferulic Acid Video
What is ferulic peeling
Ferulic peeling (what chemical analysis will help to understand) is one of the methods of skin cleansing based on alpha-hydroxide acids. These biologically active substances are extracted from the fruits of certain types of plants, trees or berries, so they have a second name – fruit acids.
Ferulic peeling is one of the latest developments of scientists in the field of cosmetology, a simple and quick method for delivering useful elements to the deeper layers of the skin without the use of hardware cosmetology.
The composition of the peeling mixture includes ferulic acid and other components, for example, salicylic acid and resorcinol (help cleanse the skin), vitamins, minerals and plant extracts (nourish and heal the skin).
Ferulic Acid Properties
Ferulic acid has useful properties that determine its popularity in the field of cosmetology:
- smoothes the skin, making it supple and less prone to the appearance of new wrinkles;
- whitens the skin;
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- promotes wound healing;
- is a powerful antioxidant;
- eliminates acne and age spots;
- protects from ultraviolet rays;
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels, stimulates blood microcirculation;
- removes toxins from the skin.
The peculiarity of ferulic acid is that it not only protects against UV rays, but also under their influence its properties are significantly enhanced.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
The composition of the ferulic preparation
All components for ferulic peeling are placed in the so-called capsules of nanoscale, which are similar in structure to the cell membrane. This is what allows the tool to penetrate the skin, and begin to act already at the nanoscale inside it.
An example of the composition of the ferulic mixture for peeling:
- ferulic acid;
- malic acid (exfoliates keratinized particles and rejuvenates the skin);
- salicylic acid (used to treat defects in cosmetology);
- L-lactic acid (exfoliates the dead skin layer, removes toxins, normalizes the production of sebum);
- ascorbic acid (bleaches and rejuvenates);
- glycolic acid (prevents skin aging, cleanses);
- spinach powder (contains vitamins D, groups B, P, PP, C);
- green tea extract (contains vitamins A, B, C);
And one more option:
- ferulic acid;
- retinol (a form of vitamin A, helps fight skin aging);
- phloretin (has antioxidant properties);
- Apple acid;
- L-lactic acid;
- citric acid (cleanses the skin from the stratum corneum and impurities).
Experts recommend paying attention to ferulic peeling if you notice:
- increased oily skin;
- epidermis wilting;
- photoaging of the skin;
- unwanted pigmentation of varying degrees;
- acne eruptions;
- rosacea, acne and the consequences after them;
- excessive skin density, which caused the accumulation of unshelled dead cells;
- the appearance of wrinkles;
- pronounced blue “circles” under the eyes;
- decreased skin immunity.
Ferulic peeling (what it was already said above) gives the following changes:
- Collagen production is increasing. Due to this, a lifting effect appears, the skin tightens and looks healthier and younger.
- Facial skin becomes clean and smooth.
- The aging process slows down, and this effect lasts a long period.
- Blood circulation and metabolism are being established. Outwardly, this manifests itself in a healthy even skin tone.
- The oily sheen disappears due to the normalization of sebum production.
- Dry skin becomes softer and velvety, peeling disappears.
- Propagation of bacteria slows down, and this contributes to the disappearance of acne and acne.
- Age spots are lightened.
- It feels that the skin becomes more hydrated.
Ferulic peeling (what it should already be clear, and how to use it, will be described below), cosmetologists call one of the most effective means to cleanse the skin, which will not harm. After all, when using it, aggressive methods and any equipment are not used.
Cleansing occurs through ferulic acid and auxiliary components that make up the peeling mixture. During the procedure, needles, syringes, current are not used. Every
thing is as simple and painless as possible. And most importantly – effectively.
Beauticians recommend this peeling for all seasons, but more often they suggest using it in the summer, as it copes with the negative effects of ultraviolet rays, and helps to avoid sunburn and age spots.
Moreover, UV rays not only do not destroy ferulic acid, but, on the contrary, contribute to its more efficient operation. Cosmetologists allow the use of ferulic peeling even for sensitive skin.
What is the difference from other types of peeling
There are many varieties of peeling and other methods of skin cleansing, but ferulic peeling is slightly different from other methods, namely:
- Before the procedure, special preparation of the skin is not needed.
- Peeling is carried out at any time of the year.
- The procedure is possible with all skin types.
- Minimal possibility of complications and almost complete absence of contraindications.
- A large number of indications for use.
- A pronounced effect that is visible immediately.
Mediderm is a line of professional chemical peels that are produced by a Spanish company of the same name. Its founders were dermatologists led by Gabriel Seranno. These peels are considered one of the most effective in cosmetology.
The basis for drugs is not only ferulic acid, but also others:
Such a wide range makes it possible to maximally affect the processes that occur in the skin. Peeling affects the deep layers of the skin, healing and restoring them, working in areas with problems.
Mediderm is used for any age category, and even with sufficiently severe skin aging, the procedure gives good, and most importantly, long-term results. The task of the product is to remove keratinized layers from the skin, thereby reducing age-related manifestations and visible cosmetic flaws.
The composition of the mediderm:
- all of the above acids;
- green tea extract;
- grape extract;
- carrot extract;
- spinach extract.
Almond Ferulic Peeling
The composition of this type of peeling includes mandelic acid. It is used by professional cosmetologists, since it has a strong cleansing effect, promotes skin regeneration at a deep level, eliminates dryness, sagging and aging skin.
After such a peeling, the rejuvenation effect is immediately visible. Ferulic acid, in turn, normalizes and enhances the action of vitamins E and C. It restores and protects the skin from wilting.
Almond-ferulic peeling is safe, does not cause irritation and burns. Best suited for problem or oily skin. It should not be used on damaged or irritated skin. Also not used for children.
Protocol of procedure
- Stage 1: The skin needs to be cleaned, remove makeup residue.
- Step 2: Use a degreasing agent, lotion, or special cream.
- Stage 3: Having previously put on disposable gloves, take a cotton swab and apply a peeling composition to the skin of the face and neck in 2 or 3 layers. After application, you can use the hands to distribute the mixture and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Then the procedure is repeated another 2-3 times with a frequency of 3-4 minutes and leave the skin with peeling for 25-30 minutes. A dense nutrient layer forms on the skin.
- Step 4: Next, apply a thick layer of aloe gel on the skin without washing off the peeling mixture.
- Step 5: Remove the applied mixture after 10-12 hours with a cotton pad moistened with room temperature water. You need to thoroughly wipe your face to remove all peeling residues. After removing the composition, the skin will turn red and slightly tightened.
- Step 6: Apply a nourishing cream. Bepanten cream or another remedy with Panthenol is also suitable.
- Step 7: Next, apply a protective cream with SPF, especially this should be done if the procedure is done in the summer.
After applying the mixture to the skin, you should carefully monitor its reaction. Slight redness, slight tingling or burning is allowed. But if there is a strong feeling of itching, pain or thick redness, these are signs of an allergic reaction. You should immediately wash your face with water, apply a special neutralizer, and after 5 minutes rinse it off. Then you need to grease your face with aloe gel.
96 hours after the procedure, the skin begins to peel off, it is dead cells depart. During this period, it is important to treat the skin with moisturizing and nourishing agents. You can’t tear off the scales from the skin, because it is damaged, and subsequently scars or scars will remain.
The best result is visible after 8-10 procedures, which are carried out with an interval of 10 days.
Is it possible to carry out the procedure yourself at home
Professional cosmetologists do not recommend the use of ferulic peeling on their own at home, explaining that such peeling has a complex technology of mixing and application. But the developers came up with options for home use.
One of them is almond-ferulic peeling and ferulic peeling with retinol. It smoothes wrinkles and restores skin. For this peeling, skin preparation is not needed, which allows you to do the procedure at home.
Also used at home and ferulic peeling with vitamin C. Before use, cleanse the skin with tonic, alcohol or alcohol-containing tinctures. Then the peeling mixture is applied in several stages and left for 10 hours.
However, more often the skin is s
till prepared for the upcoming procedure. They begin pre-peeling preparation at least 7-10 days before the procedure. To do this, you can use Skinoren gel.
It must be used every time while washing. But such preparation lasts at least 21 days. Other cosmetics, which include fruit acids, are also suitable. But it’s better to go to a cosmetologist and carry out 1-2 procedures for cleaning with fruit acids.
When preparing the skin you can not:
- sunbathing in the open sun
- going to the solarium
- apply aggressive cosmetic procedures and use scrubs.
If skin preparation is not involved, then there may not be a positive result, and the likelihood of adverse reactions is high.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
This type of peeling has many advantages, but it is still a serious cosmetic procedure, since acids are aggressive chemicals. The skin reacts to ferulic peeling by redness, and in individual cases by burning or pinching.
In the coming days after the procedure, it is better not to plan outings. The best option is to sit at home. If it is necessary to go outside, lubricate the skin of the face and neck with SPF 50 cream. In the early days, intensively moisturize and nourish the skin with creams, masks, lotions.
Concealer, corrector and other decorative cosmetics are not recommended, it will go bad due to the increased work of the sebaceous glands. Their work is activated in the first 2-3 days, then restored.
On day 3-4, the upper layer of the epidermis will begin to shed. This is also the norm. Scales cannot be torn off, but if this brings discomfort, use soft cosmetic peels during washing. You should choose funds for sensitive skin. When using everyday cosmetics, small pimples may appear.
Possible complications and side effects
Ferulic acid, like other chemicals, sometimes causes side effects, although this is less common than with other peels.
After such cleaning happens:
- an allergic reaction and severe swelling of the face (it happens extremely rarely);
- slight swelling and redness (disappear within 1 hour after the end of the procedure);
- fever, chills (often this reaction goes away on its own);
- easy peeling of the skin (happens after each procedure and passes after 1-2 days, provided the skin is moisturized).
You should also avoid contact with mucous membranes, such as the eyes. If the mixture gets into such areas, it is recommended to rinse them quickly with plenty of running water.
Ferulic peeling is a modern and safe procedure, which is characterized by minimal invasiveness of the skin of the face and neck.
But there are contraindications:
- the period of pregnancy and lactation (possibly a dangerous effect on the fetus or child);
- an allergic reaction or individual intolerance to the components of the peeling mixture;
- the presence of skin diseases;
- open wounds and abscesses on the treated area of the skin (acid, once in the wounds, will damage the skin even more and slow down the healing process);
- viral infections;
- fever, fever;
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- the presence of tan;
- fungal diseases of various origin;
- herpes in the acute phase (the procedure is possible, but only after recovery, otherwise the infection spreads to the skin).
This is not a one-time procedure; it implies a systematic approach. The minimum course consists of 3 procedures with a break of 7-10 days to restore the skin, and the maximum of 8-10 procedures also with a break of 7-10 days. The exact number of procedures and the recovery period will be determined only by the cosmetologist who examined the patient’s skin.
The price of ferulic peeling varies from $ 41 to $ 82 for 1 procedure. The cost depends on the status of the beauty salon, rating, location, number of scheduled sessions and cleaning depth. Deeper cleaning costs more.
Ferulic peeling is a novelty in the field of cosmetology. It significantly refreshes the skin, relieves dead cells, and cleanses of impurities. With regular use, it helps to maintain youth as long as possible.
This is mainly a salon procedure, since its implementation requires compliance with clear instructions. If ferulic peeling is carried out at home, then they try to follow all the recommendations and do an allergic reaction test before the procedure. This is what eliminates such troubles as swelling and severe redness.
Ferulic Acid Video
The effectiveness of ferulic peeling is shocking:
Almond-ferulic peeling procedure: