Fitball is a special ball for exercises aimed at improving the spine. This is an effective method for the treatment and prevention of back diseases. Classes on fitball will allow you to remove the load from the ridge, improve posture and articular mobility, strengthen muscle tissue.
- Fitball and its benefits
- Indications and contraindications for ball exercises
- Basic rules for doing exercises
- A set of exercises for the spine
- Exercises for Flexibility
- Spine Alignment Exercises
- Exercises to strengthen the muscles of the spine
- Spinal curvature exercises
- Classes with fitball in osteochondrosis
- Fitball exercises for muscle relaxation
- Vertebral hernia exercises
- A set of exercises for Bubnovsky for the spine
- What complications can occur after classes
- Expert advice: how to choose a fitball for classes
- Video about exercises on the ball for the spine according to Bubnovsky
Fitball and its benefits
Fitball was originally created to treat patients with spinal problems in private and public clinics. The purpose of training with the ball is to restore the back after injuries and surgical intervention.
The ball was rapidly gaining popularity and began to be used not only as a rehabilitation projectile. Today it is purchased for sports facilities and for active home use.
Exercises on the ball for the spine, performed regularly, help:
- strengthen muscle structure;
- make the posture even;
- get rid of excess weight;
- bring problem areas on the body in order.
As a result, you can get a toned, slim and beautiful figure.
Fitball has a lot of positive aspects:
- forms the correct posture;
- increases the strength and muscle resistance;
- contributes to the improvement of motor coordination and vestibular apparatus;
- gives back flexibility;
- unloads a column of the spine;
- normalizes metabolism, as well as the performance of the respiratory, nervous and cardiovascular systems;
- increases the efficiency of blood supply;
- adjusts to positive, uplifting.
This is the only method that can simultaneously trigger the activity of tactile, visual, vestibular and motor apparatus. Exercising on the ball is comfortable and convenient, so it is ideal for people of any age category, and even for pregnant women.
Indications and contraindications for ball exercises
The use of the ball is recommended for people who are suffering from obesity and are not recommended for them with increased physical activity, and also who have serious health problems.
Exercises for the spine on the ball significantly reduce the rate of shock load on the musculoskeletal system. Since classes with inventory are carried out smoothly, the possibility of injuring joints and ligaments is completely eliminated.
Fitball training is ideal for pregnant women, as well as people with joint injuries and varicose veins. Despite a number of positive aspects and a high degree of safety, there are several contraindications prohibiting training on the ball.
- violation of the functionality of the cardiovascular system;
- the presence of pathological processes in internal organs;
- development of a hernia in the area of intervertebral discs.
If there are any health problems, it is best to do classes with a trainer who will select the best option for the load on the body and, if necessary, adjust it.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Basic rules for doing exercises
There are several rules for the operation of the fitball, which are important to adhere to:
- The first physical activity on the ball should not be intense. It is necessary to gradually increase their interval.
- To complicate classes, you can maximize the ball, thereby making it less “malleable” and stable. This will contribute to greater muscle tension during gymnastics.
- The inventory is safe, so it will not burst, but only deflate when damaged.
- The warm-up should be performed smoothly and accurately, especially this rule applies to women in position, children and the elderly.
A set of exercises for the spine
To solve back problems, you need to perform the following exercises daily:
- Lie on the fitball, while the main emphasis should be on the chest, resting his feet against the wall. Hands should be bent, palms placed on the ball, and elbows – to apart. Rise up when you inhale, resting against the surface of the inventory. When exhaling – return to the starting position. Repeat 8 times.
- To take the same position, turning his head first to one, and then to the other side, while trying to see the feet. Repeat 4 times.
- Lie on the fitball, straightening one arm forward with inspiration, and the other back. During exhalation – change the position of the hands. Repeat 15 times.
- Lie down on your stomach with a fitball, lowering the limbs. It is important to completely relax the body, allowing the spine to stretch as much as possible. To be in position should be about 30 – 40 seconds. Then group and repeat the exercise again.
- Grasping the ball with your hands, kneel down and pull yourself up without loading the spine. Repeat 8 to 9 times.
Exercises for Flexibility
These exercises for the spine using the ball will help make it more flexible and stronger. To achieve the desired effect, you must follow the sequence in the implementation of the complex.
The procedure is as follows:
- Sit on the fitball while keeping your back as straight as possible and gently pumping back and forth. Next, make several circles with hips with soft bouncing. The duration of the exercise is 5 minutes.
- Sitting on the ball, you need to spread your arms to the sides and raise your leg without bending it. With the help of the second leg it is necessary to perform several bounces, and after them a couple of circular movements. Do the same with the other leg. These manipulations must be performed at least 10 times.
- Sit on your heels and rest against the projectile with your hands. During exhalation, you must roll back the fitball in the opposite direction from yourself, while stretching, straightening the spine as much as possible. You need to take the starting position when inhaling. The duration of the exercise is 5 minutes.
Spine Alignment Exercises
To make the back smooth and beautiful, you need to perform only 3 exercises daily:
- Sit on the ball and put your feet shoulder width apart, leaning from one side to the other with outstretched arm. It is important to try to extend the
side as much as possible. Duration – 6 minutes.
- Lie belly on the shell, rolling on it. The same thing needs to be done with the back. Repeat exercise 5-6 times.
- Lie on the ball with your back, straighten your legs and part a little, pressing to the floor of the foot. Hands should be raised above the head. Perform circular motions in both directions for 5 minutes each.
Exercises to strengthen the muscles of the spine
To make muscle tissue stronger and more resilient, you can use the following complex:
- Lie belly on the ball, resting heels against the wall, and socks – on the floor surface. Take hands by the head and raise the body, keeping balance. Repeat 15 times.
- Lie belly on the fitball and rest on the floor with your palms. Raise your legs and try to stay in balance, alternately bending each. Need to repeat 50 times.
- Take the shell in hand, standing on toes and lifting it up, make circular movements. Repeat the exercise at least 30 times.
Spinal curvature exercises
The following list is highly effective exercises with the ball, which are aimed at strengthening the muscle corset:
- Lie on the floor with your belly to the bottom, turning your palms to the bottom and resting your feet on the ball. The palms need to be rearranged alternately back forward, thereby imitating walking on your hands. Duration – 7 – 10 minutes.
- While in the same position, do 5 – 10 push-ups.
- Lie on your back with your legs on the floor, raise your arms above your head and twist to the press area.
Classes with fitball in osteochondrosis
Variants of exercises designed to eliminate osteochondrosis, it is important to perform on an elastic ball:
- Lie on your fitball with your stomach and lower your limbs to the floor. Raise each arm and leg in stages, and then begin to raise two legs and two arms, while maintaining balance. Duration – 3 – 5 minutes.
- Being in the same position, roll over the projectile, helping hands “walking” on the floor. Manipulation is necessary for 5 to 6 minutes.
- This exercise is similar to the previous one, only in this case you need to lie on your back.
Fitball exercises for muscle relaxation
To completely relax the back muscles after a hard working day or physical activity, it is enough to perform some simple actions with a fitball.
The simplest exercises:
- Lie on the ball and completely relax, while the limbs should be lowered to the bottom. It is necessary to be in this position for at least 2 minutes.
- Take a supine position, and then gently and smoothly roll onto your stomach. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Lie with your back on the ball and resting your feet on the floor, make circular movements for 5 – 10 minutes.
Vertebral hernia exercises
The main rules for performing the following exercises are accuracy and smoothness.
So what should be done with this problem:
- Sit on the ball, align your back as much as possible and tighten your stomach. Slowly tilt your head forward, holding it in this position for a period of seconds. Then you need to tilt your head back at the same time. Perform 8 to 10 times in each direction.
- The following exercise is performed similarly to the first, but, in this case, the head bends towards the shoulders.
- To sit on the fitball, aligning your back, you need to do circular movements for 7 – 8 minutes.
A set of exercises for Bubnovsky for the spine
For the spine, such exercises on the ball are one of the most effective, as they help to cope with problems in the back:
- You need to sit on a sports equipment and align your back, but without bending it. Put your hands on your knees and begin to reach for the top with your head. Lock this position for 10 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Press your ball against the wall with your back and begin to squat gently, thereby rolling your inventory along the spine. Repeat 5 to 7 times.
- Being in the same position, you need to perform actions similar to jumping on a trampoline, rolling the ball up and down at this time. Duration – 5 minutes.
- Lie back on the shell, and then touch your hands and feet to the floor, being in this position for about a minute. Repeat 4 to 5 times with respite.
- Get down on the floor with your back down and rest against the ball with your feet, lifting the body and holding it for about 30 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Lie on the ball with your stomach, while resting against the floor with limbs. Hold for 3 to 4 minutes. It is important that the back is completely relaxed. After that, the same manipulations must be done with the back.
What complications can occur after classes
Today, there is no data on any complications after using fitball, since it does not have a negative impact on health, but only helps to cope with a number of problems.
Complications can be caused by non-observance of the rules for using the projectile, or excessive movement during exercise. Possible consequences include muscle strain, spinal damage, etc.
Expert advice: how to choose a fitball for classes
To exercise on the ball brought maximum benefit, you need to pay special attention to his choice. When choosing, it is necessary to take into account the growth and age of the person who will be engaged.
First of all, this applies to its diameter:
- children 5 – 10 years old – 21’7 inch;
- people from 4’9 – 5’6 foot tall – 25’6 inch;
- people from 5’6 – 6’2 foot tall – 29’5 inch;
- whose height is over 6’2 foot – 33’5 inch.
Important: the weight of the person involved should not exceed 287 pounds, although the fitball can withstand a statistical load of 662 pou
There are several types of balls:
- orthopedic – designed for pregnant women, equipped with special handles for convenience;
- bouncer ball – created for babies. It helps to relieve muscle hypertonicity, strengthen the musculoskeletal system, start the work of the abdominal organs, and calm the emotional state of the baby.
- for fitness – can be smooth or ribbed, equipped with safety brackets.
This, at first glance, a simple sports equipment is able to restore flexibility and health to the spine. Muscle elasticity is restored, pain in the back, etc. disappears.
Systematic exercises on the fitball will help to restore the harmony of the figure. Special exercises on the ball are necessary for women after childbirth. Fitball is a safe and gentle way to lose weight. It can restore lightness, health to the body and the body as a whole.
For the spine, exercises on the ball are the best option for maintaining his health and treating diseases of the musculoskeletal system. In addition to functionality, fitball has a high degree of strength and reliability, therefore it is absolutely safe for the student.
Video about exercises on the ball for the spine according to Bubnovsky
Treatment of pain in the spine with a gym ball:
Reconstructive gymnastics with hernia of the intervertebral disc: