Exercises for weight loss of the sides and abdomen allow you to achieve a thin and beautiful waist and remove extra pounds.
- Causes of the appearance of fat in the waist
- How to determine the amount of fat
- How to choose exercises for the sides and abdomen
- Features of the exercise
- Warm up
- Reverse twisting
- Oblique twisting
- Twisted legs
- Side twisting
- Twisting bike
- Bar with turns
- U-turn bar
- Lunge with turns
- Side bends
- Exercise vacuum
- Raising legs on a chair
- Cardio training
- Post-Workout Stretch
- Fitness Class
- Common mistakes
- Video exercises for the abdomen and sides
Causes of the appearance of fat in the waist
Not always fatty deposits appear due to excessive consumption of food.
Sometimes there are other reasons for their occurrence:
- slow metabolism;
- hormonal disorders;
- incorrect posture;
- lack of physical activity;
- eating a lot of food;
- abuse of sugary and excess fast carbohydrates.
To avoid excess fat on the waist and sides, it is necessary to perform some points:
- Nutrition must be proper and balanced. The number of meals should be 4-5. Harmful foods should be excluded.
- It is necessary to include training in everyday life. They should alternate: power day, cardio day.
- Sometimes you need to cleanse the intestines.
- After sleep, you need to drink a glass of water to start metabolic processes.
- You can use different creams and go for a massage.
How to determine the amount of fat
For the female body, fat stores must be present. They protect internal organs and are involved in many processes. However, everything should be normal.
There are several options for measuring the amount of fat:
|1. Body mass index.||You can find out about the presence of excess fat in the body using the body mass index. It is calculated as follows: body weight in pounds divided by the height squared indicated in inch. If the obtained value is more than 25, then a person has excess weight. The norm is considered an indicator from 18.5 to 25. But all these values also depend on age.|
|2. The ratio of the abdomen and hips.||Using the tape, you need to measure the widest part of the leg and the narrowest part of the waist in the navel area. And the waist in inch divided by the hip. The ideal ratio is 0.7. Anything higher than normal is considered excess fat.|
|3. Waist circumference.||A valid indicator is the waist volume from 31’5 – 35 inch. With a larger value, you must definitely deal with this problem.|
How to choose exercises for the sides and abdomen
For the waist and sides, it is necessary to select exercises aimed at working with the oblique muscles of the abdomen. They must use the press.
The following types of exercises should be included in the training:
- twisting in various designs;
- exercises with inclines;
- the presence in the training of turns and turns;
- aerobic activity.
Features of the exercise
Exercises for the sides and abdomen have several features:
- It is necessary to follow the correct technique.
- Be sure to have a warm-up before and stretching after a workout.
- You need to pay more attention to cardio load, but also not to forget about strength training.
- There should be at least 3 lessons per week.
- A set of exercises for the waist and sides should consist of a load aimed at the development of the upper and lower press, as well as oblique muscles.
- Particular attention should be paid to exercise vacuum.
- To reduce the load on the spine, fitball is perfect.
Before performing any exercises, it is necessary to carry out a warm-up. It takes a little time (about 4-8 minutes), but it helps to prepare the body for the upcoming load.
The warm-up should include:
- cardio exercises;
- work with joints (starting with the head and ending with the legs);
- short stretch;
- work with breathing.
All training takes place at a moderate pace and without jerking. Before doing exercises for the sides and waist, they need to devote more time to warm up.
An example of warm-up exercises before training:
- Running on the spot.
- Tilts the head in a circle.
- Exercise “Mill.”
- Exercise to restore the respiratory system.
Exercises for the sides and abdomen have many options. These also include twisting, which is one of the well-known exercises for working on the muscles of the press.
They perfectly help to remove fat from the sides and make the waist thin. For twisting, the position of the back in a slightly bent position is important. Such a training should take place with the mandatory observance of the performance technique, otherwise there will not be the desired result. There are several twisting options.
All of them are aimed at pumping different muscles of the abdomen and sides:
- with raised lower limbs.
Conventional twists work actively on the top press.
Classic twisting must be done as follows:
- The limbs are bent at the knees, the feet are on the floor, hands behind the head.
- On the exhale, raise the chest. The loin remains on the floor, but the head does not move.
- All movements should be performed due to the muscles of the abdomen.
- In this position, hold out for 2-3 seconds. The muscles of the press must be tense.
- On inspiration, lower yourself again and relax.
- Take 2-4 sets of 10-15 reps.
In reverse twisting, the lower press is involved.
Reverse twists are performed a little differently:
- It is necessary to take
a position on the rug. Place your hands behind your head. Raise the legs bent at the knees so that they become parallel to the surface.
- As you exhale, you will be pulled up by the knees to the chest, the lower back and pelvis should be lifted from the floor.
- Hold out for 2-3 seconds. and when you inhale, return to the initial state.
- Perform 2-4 repetitions of 10-15 times.
Oblique twists work well on the sides and create a contour of the waist.
- Lie down on the mat. Bend the right leg at the knee, and put the left on the right.
- Right hand behind the head, left extended forward.
- When you exhale, stretch your right elbow to your left knee.
- If inhaled, go back.
- After several repetitions, change position and twist to the other side.
Leg curls or a corner give more attention to the upper and lower presses:
- Take a lying position. The back is firmly pressed to the floor, and the hands are located either behind the head, or crossed on the chest. Raise your legs above the floor and bend at the knees, forming a right angle.
- When exhaling, raise the rounded back, and tighten the legs a little.
- Head, not chin, trying to reach your knees.
- Do not tear your lower back. Lock for a couple of seconds.
- With a breath, take your original position.
Lateral twists help develop oblique muscles of the abdominal part and are responsible for the formation of the waist.
This exercise is performed as follows:
- Need to lie down on the mat. Place your hands behind your head. Turn your legs bent at a right angle.
- On exhalation, the body rises, the lower back and head are not involved.
- When inhaling, lie back.
- Make a couple of repetitions and switch sides.
Exercise bike works not only as lateral twisting, but also develops the muscles of the entire abs:
- Press your back to the floor, put your hands behind your head. Raise bent legs, forming a right angle.
- Raising the shoulder blades and rounding the back, we stretch with the right elbow to the opposite knee. The right leg, however, is straightened. Repeat the movement with the left elbow.
- Pace is better to choose moderate.
Bar with turns
The exercise bar is universal. It can be done every day. Its advantage is that it takes a small amount of time for the bar, but it gives an excellent result. Many muscles are involved in the execution process, depending on the variant.
The exercise bar has many different functions:
- It allows you to strengthen the muscles and, at the same time, gives a small load on the spine.
- The plank reduces pain in the back and strengthens the muscular corset.
- A few minutes of this activity accelerate metabolic processes and burn more calories than squatting or twisting.
- Thanks to the bar, you can get an even posture.
- The bar increases flexibility and develops balance.
A strap with hips turns allows you to work on your stomach and sides:
- Stand in a rack of a usual level. Emphasis on elbows, legs on toes. The pelvis and head do not need to be pulled up strongly.
- Turn the pelvis to the right side. The leg to the knee will be on the floor, and the thigh in a hanging position. The left foot is located on the right.
- Return to the upright position.
- Change side. The turn is performed on the exhale.
- Perform such turns 20-50 times.
The bar with a turn allows not only to strengthen the muscles of the entire body, but also to work out the stomach and sides:
- Take a position as with a regular bar. Focus on the elbows, legs are on toes. The pelvis and head do not need to be lifted up.
- Turn the body to the left and raise the left straight arm up above your head. Legs do not change position.
- Return to normal position.
- Repeat everything on the right side.
- The number of repetitions is from 20 to 50.
Lunge with turns
Lunging with legs allows you to exercise with the muscles of the buttocks and legs. And if we add twists to this, then the lateral muscles of the abdominal part are involved in the process.
There is nothing complicated in performing this exercise:
- Spread your legs a little, arms are located along the body.
- Lunge forward with the right foot, forming a right angle. The left leg is slightly bent at the knee.
- The back is upright. Arms extended forward. You can pick up a ball or dumbbell in your hands.
- Turn the housing to the right.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat movement with the left foot.
- Make 2-3 repetitions of 15-20 times.
Another well-known and simple exercise is side bends. They help to remove the sides and work with the oblique muscles. For the best effect, use a dumbbell in the hand where the tilt will be held.
The exercise is performed as follows:
- Spread the legs at shoulder distance, keep your back straight.
- One hand should be on the belt, the second will stretch over your head in the direction of inclination.
- Do not bend your lower back, lean sideways as low as possible.
- Alternately, movements are made one way, then the other.
Exercise vacuum is the work with breathing, as a result of which the abdominal muscles are involved. They are reduced and give the desired result.
Using a vacuum, you can achieve the following outcome:
- reduce the waist;
- get rid of visceral fat;
- remove the distended abdomen;
- work out the muscles of the press;
- achieve a flat stomach;
- reduce back pain.
For this exercise, it is important to inhale and exhale correctly, as well as to keep the position of the abdomen.
It is best to do this activity in the morning before eating or in the evening before going to bed.
- Choose a comfortable position (lying, sitting or standing, you can also on all fours).
- Inhale deeply through the nose. The stomach, in this case, needs to be pulled out.
- Exhalation is through the mouth. The stomach is pulled in strong
ly. Holding your breath.
- In this state, stay for about 10-15 seconds.
- Breathe out slowly and relax your stomach.
- Restore breathing a little and repeat again.
- Take 2-3 approaches for 10-15 seconds.
Raising legs on a chair
The muscles of the lower press and upper thighs are involved in lifting legs on a chair.
It can be performed not only at home, but also at work breaks.
- Sit on a chair or bench. But not to the entire surface, but to the edge. Keep your back straight. Hands hold on a chair seat.
- As you exhale, raise your legs, but not very high.
- On inspiration lower again.
- Run at least 20-25 times.
Walking is the most affordable way of physical activity. It refers to cardio training. In order to lose weight by walking, you need to walk at a moderate pace for about an hour or 3 – 4 mile.
Pulse is also important. It should be higher than usual by 50-70%. In the process of walking during this time, about 300-400 calories are spent. To achieve results in weight loss, you need to walk daily or every other day.
In the process of walking, excess fat does not leave immediately. First, the body takes energy from the breakdown of carbohydrates. Then glycogen comes into play. And somewhere after 40-45 minutes. the body takes on body fat.
The best result is achieved in the morning, because at this time the metabolism is faster. It is advisable to have a snack before training. Always have water with you. And as before any physical activity, it is necessary to carry out a warm-up to warm up the body.
Jogging differs from regular jogging in that the speed is small: about 5- 4 mph, and the foot is fully placed on a plane. This type of cardio load is suitable for beginners who can train endurance and accustom muscles to loads. Unlike regular jogging, jogging exerts little pressure on the joints.
For jogging, the pulse should be about 120. It is best to do jogging in the evening for 40-60 minutes. It is not advisable to do more, as the body takes energy from fat stores somewhere after 40 minutes. and it lasts 10-15 minutes. Further, the energy will be replenished already from the protein in the muscles.
Running is a form of cardio training. It is very important to breathe correctly, so that the pressure on the cardiovascular system decreases, and organs and tissues receive more oxygen.
For weight loss, interval running is best, which is characterized by the alternation of fast and slow pace in one workout. With this run, more calories are spent than with the usual one. During a fast pace, you need almost 2 times more energy. Switching to a slow pace allows you to recover a little.
To run contributed to weight loss, you must run at least 3 times a week. The duration of such a lesson should be from 25-30 minutes. With the right interval run, you can in 60 minutes. lose up to 800 calories.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Exercises for the sides and abdomen will be more productive with cardio exercises. Cardio training is a necessary link in the process of fat burning. They accelerate metabolic processes and contract muscles.
During cardio exercises, almost all the muscles of the body are involved. This training should last more than 30 minutes. The heart rate depends on the selected exercise.
Cardio training, which helps remove extra pounds from the waist and sides, includes:
- jumping rope;
- aerobics class;
- skating or skiing.
Swimming in the pool is good for the figure. A load in the water speeds up the metabolism, and this is a direct way to reduce weight. At the time of swimming, all the muscles of the body are involved. For 60 minutes of active training, the body burns about 350-500 calories.
Swimming helps fight extra pounds on the waist and sides. Visiting the pool 2-4 times a week, and observing proper nutrition, you can achieve a thin waist.
Most productive to swim in different styles. This will help to involve all the muscles in the work. In cool water, more energy is burned, so the body requires more calories to keep warm.
For those who can not swim and do not own different styles, aqua aerobics will be an excellent assistant in the formation of the waist. Exercise in the water to lose weight in the abdomen and sides will help to pump up the abdominal muscles.
Exercises for the sides and abdomen, like any other physical activity, should end with a stretch. Stretching exercises help the muscles recover after a workout and relieve tension. The stretching time is about 5 minutes. After an intense workout, you first need to bring the pulse back to normal, and only then proceed with a hitch.
Example exercises for stretching after a workout:
- Exercise “Cat.”
- Bends to the feet.
- Clasped hands above the head.
Exercises for the sides and abdomen can be done in the fitness room. A feature of the workout for weight loss of the waist and sides is that there you can use various simulators and additional devices:
- exercise bike;
- rowing simulator;
The best effect will help achieve a circular training when several exercises are performed and a break between them of about 15-20 seconds. In terms of training, there should be not only cardio exercises, but also a power load.
An example of a pair of exercises in the fitness room:
- Side bends with dumbbells.
- Work on a rowing machine.
- Twisting on the bench.
- Hanging foot rotation.
Many people who set themselves the goal of losing weight and losing fat make some mistakes:
- When twisting, it is important to work with th
e muscles of the abdomen and back, and not stretch your head.
- Sometimes exercises are done incorrectly, which affects the final result.
- The important thing is not the number of repetitions, but the quality of execution.
- Strength training should be alternated with cardio and always give the body the opportunity to relax.
- Many do not pay enough attention to warming up and hitching. And they are an important element that will help to avoid problems and tone the body.
- You should not start with a heavy load, it is better to choose a small number of repetitions and a small distance for running or walking. Every day you can increase the intensity of the workout.
- Often you can meet a moment when a person goes in for sports, but does not observe proper nutrition. This should be carried out jointly, then it will turn out to achieve the desired. And so the muscles will appear, but they are not visible behind the layer of fat.
Exercises aimed at the stomach and sides will help bring them back to normal and remove excess body fat. For such a training, you can use additional devices that will help increase efficiency.
Video exercises for the abdomen and sides
Exercises for weight loss of the abdomen and sides: