Hands are the hallmark of any girl. It is from the manicure that one can see whether a person is following himself. In 2021, the design on the nails with gel polish becomes especially relevant, which in the photo is no different from ordinary varnish, but has its own characteristics.
- Features of manicure with gel polish
- Trend colors for manicure gel polish 2021
- Actual shapes and length of nails
- Types of manicure gel polish
- Matte manicure with gel polish
- Moon manicure
- “Broken glass”
- With rhinestones and kamifubuki
- With sparkles
- Acrylic powder
- Manicure gel polish with drawings
- With patterns
- Manicure gel polish for the season spring-summer 2021
- Manicure gel polish for the season autumn-winter 2021
- Video: Manicure with gel polish
Features of manicure with gel polish
Gel Polish is a gel-based coating. For its application, a base and a special top coat are used, and the varnish is dried using an ultraviolet lamp.
Benefits of gel polishes:
- Duration of coverage retention. Unlike regular nail polish, which stays on the nails for 48 hours, gel polish remains unchanged for up to 3 weeks;
- convenience of drying. After using a special lamp for a minute, the nails become completely dry and you can not be afraid to damage the coating;
- accelerated nail growth. Under the coating, the nail plate hardens and grows much faster, while remaining healthy;
- the ability to use on short nails;
- wide range of manufacturers and shades;
- price-quality ratio”.
- gel polish coating should be done only in salon conditions;
- stripping is not possible with an ordinary acetone solution; for this, the use of special tools and equipment is necessary;
- prolonged use of gel polish may harm the nails. After 3-4 applications should give the nails a rest;
- harm from an ultraviolet lamp;
- possible allergic reaction to gel polish components.
Trend colors for manicure gel polish 2021
In 2021, the choice of shade of gel polish will depend on the season, as well as on the color type of the woman’s appearance.
Actual colors and their shades:
- pastel (caramel, pink, light brown, nude, light apricot). Such shades are suitable for the spring-summer period and are combined with a classic or casual style in clothes. Color type: spring;
calm (mint, cream, pale yellow, lilac, light purple). Suitable for the summer color type of face, blond hair and eyes of light shades;
- dark (bright blue, burgundy, black, chocolate, wine, saturated green). Only suitable for short nails. Girls choosing such a manicure should belong to the winter or autumn color type of appearance – dark, brown or red hair, light eyes.
Actual shapes and length of nails
Actual forms of nails 2021:
- oval – suitable with the correct natural shape of the nail plate;
- square – remains popular not the first season, suitable for everyday look and French manicure;
- stylet – a form with a very pointed end suitable for a shocking or evening look, photo shoot;
- rounded square – a more relevant shape of the square with a slightly beveled end, suitable for a sophisticated, graceful image;
- a sharp triangle – a slightly pointed nail shape resembling a stylet, suitable for everyday look.
The actual length is medium, but both short and long nails are suitable for some types of manicure with gel polish.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to build gel nails with varnish. Nail extension instruction for beginners. Photo.
Types of manicure gel polish
Matte manicure with gel polish
Matte manicure is unusual and at the same time universal: it is suitable for both everyday look and festive.
- matte coating is applied only in salon conditions using special tools;
- the possibility of using additional decorative elements;
- correction of defects in the application process is impossible, in this case, you need to redo the work;
- unevenness on the nails is difficult to hide with a matte finish;
- the application does not differ from work with glossy shades, which includes degreasing the nail, applying the base and additional layer, drying.
- dark – burgundy, dark gray, dark green, blue. Suitable for an evening look, as well as for the winter period;
- calm – mint, blue, pale pink, peach. The colors become relevant in the summer, go well with any style of clothing and image.
Gel polish (photo, design on nails 2021 is presented in various versions), looks especially advantageous in a monophonic design.
- manicure with monophonic gel polish is done faster;
- Looks equally good on long and short nails;
- it is possible to use additional decorative elements;
- performed both in salon and at home;
- the plain design can be diluted by applying a different color on one nail.
- dark (burgundy, emerald, navy, brown, black). Suitable for creating sophisticated and evening looks;
- neon (orange, light green, yellow, pink), for outrageous and unusual styles;
- pastel (pink, beige, nude). Such shades are classic and will suit any style and image.
A gradient is a manicure using several colors passing from one to another.
Features of manicure and its application:
- when applying, it is recommended to use gel varnishes of the same brand so that they have the same texture;
- a contraindication to the design is the use of glossy and pearl varnishes;
- the u
se of several shades in manicure allows you to combine varnish with various colors in clothes, accessories and makeup;
- the gradient can be done at home using special materials (sponges, sticks);
- it is possible to use additional decorative elements.
Actual colors and combinations:
- dark shades (transition from saturated blue to white, from black to gray);
- calm tones (pale yellow, pink, peach, mint, light green, light purple). These colors can be combined with each other, the number of shades in the gradient is unlimited. Suitable for spring and summer.
This type of manicure originated in the 70s of the last century and still has not lost its relevance due to its versatility.
- fits any style and image, as well as the color type of appearance, as it is practically invisible on the nails (the entire nail is covered with transparent varnish, and the tip is white);
- it is easy to perform at home, just purchase special strips for even application.
Actual techniques and colors:
- classic (a combination of pale pink or beige with a white stripe on the tip);
- color (a white strip is complemented by such colors as purple, pink, lime, green, yellow);
- black (two black gel polish are used – matte and glossy, one is applied to the nail, the other to the tip).
Lunar manicure appeared as a kind of French, as it imitates a lunar eclipse. It is a contrasting combination of colors, but not the tip of the nail is painted over, but its base.
- suitable only for long nails, as it visually shortens them;
- with such a manicure, any imperfections are striking, so the nails and cuticle should be well processed and well-groomed;
- can be done at home using stencils;
- application of matte and glossy shades at the same time is not recommended;
- suitable forms of the nail are a rounded square or oval.
- nude (beige, pink, powdery). With this color, the hole can be left unpainted or transparent gel polish can be used. The growing nail will be invisible;
- dark shades (burgundy, black, wine, dark gray, chocolate).
Gel polish, (photo, design on nails 2021 can be supplemented with sparkling elements) fell in love with all fans of unusual manicure.
- the effect of broken glass on nails is achieved by applying asymmetric pieces of foil;
- instead of foil, polyethylene or colored mica can be used;
- no stencils or clear lines are used, so slight negligence is acceptable;
- such nail art is suitable for any shape and length of nails, but it will look better on medium and short, square-shaped nails.
- when using broken glass manicure, it is important to correctly combine shades. If the gel polish is green, then it is necessary to choose an emerald film;
- on dark (wine, brown, blue) and light (pink, beige) shades of gel polish, the use of a transparent film is recommended.
With rhinestones and kamifubuki
Creative and original manicure with kamifubuki and rhinestones became popular in 2021. Kamifubuki are round sequins of different sizes and colors.
Features of manicure:
- decorative items are available in price;
- rhinestones and kamifubuki can be combined with other decorative elements without overloading the design;
- with their help you can decorate a manicure with both dark and light gel polish;
- suitable for various types of manicure and texture of gel polish;
- kamifubuki are easy to apply, easy to apply in home manicure;
- kamifubuki and rhinestones, covered with a top layer, do not cling to clothes, are quite durable.
- for the spring-summer period, pastel and light colors (peach, beige, mint, light emerald) are relevant. Rhinestones should be transparent or translucent, in tone with gel polish. Manicure is suitable for special occasions, as well as a classic style;
- the use of kamifubuk in the French and lunar manicure, in the design of “broken glass” is popular.
Gel polish (photo, design on the nails of 2021 is made in various variations) may already contain sparkles or can be purchased separately.
- Spangles are divided into two types: glitters (large) and pollen (small). The former can only be used on long nails;
- After applying the sparkles, it is necessary to apply the finish layer, so that the manicure lasts longer;
- manicure with sparkles lasts much longer than usual, but it is harder to remove;
- when choosing a color for sparkles there are no restrictions, since such a design is festive.
Actual glitter designs:
- single (sequins are placed one at a time);
- French (highlighting part of the nail with sparkles);
- the allocation of one nail with sparkles completely;
- manicure with a pattern using sparkles;
- “Diamond placer”.
The use of acrylic powder with gel polish makes the manicure unusual and incredibly durable.
Features and application:
- For manicure, a basic gel polish is applied, then each nail is dipped in acrylic powder. After removing the excess powder, the base coat is applied again, then again the powder and curing agent for hardness. Drying is carried out with an ultraviolet lamp;
- acrylic powder in combination with gel polish allows you to quickly grow and strengthen nails;
- easy to apply at home;
- The use of acrylic powder is possible only on completely healthy nails, as it limits the access of oxygen.
Suitable types of manicure:
- French manicure (as a rule, colored powder of saturated shades – burgundy, blue, turquoise is applied to the tip of the nail);
- plain (the nail plate is completely covered with powder).
Manicure gel polish with drawings
Distinctive features of manicure and its application:
- using a picture on top of gel polish is convenient, as you can create slowly, without fear that the varnish will dry;
- You can draw at home, starting with simple drawings with a needle;
- pattern and base coat should be in contrast;
- gel polish should be applied in a thin layer;
- in order to prevent color fading, the background must be dried in a lamp before drawing;
- Before performing the design, it is advisable to train on the foil.
If earlier it was believed that drawings in manicure are characteristic of young girls, now they are popular among adults and even older women. It is important to choose calm colors and discreet pattern.
Actual figures 2021 are:
- geometric patterns;
- ethnic patterns;
- animal prints.
- unusual design with a pattern is also available at home using the stamping technique – special stencils;
- manicure is universal. The peculiarity of the patterns is that they can be selected under a strict dress code and for a shocking image;
- the background color should be combined with the hue of the pattern;
- for most of the drawings, white lines are relevant that look great on the basis of dark saturated colors (wine, brown, emerald) and pastel (sand, beige, light pink).
- the geometric pattern can correct the imperfections of the nail plate;
- suitable for any shape and length;
- such a design is universal. A calm palette is suitable even for office style;
- bright or neon manicure is suitable for fans of extravagant images;
- when applying bright colors, more than 2 shades should be avoided;
- large pattern is suitable only for long nails;
- as a background, you need to use pastel colors;
- each color of the picture must be dried separately.
Photo design gel polish using ethnic pattern on the nails in 2021 is becoming a trend.
- Ethnic manicure belongs to the graphic style. Ukrainian, American, Egyptian, Greek motifs can serve as a drawing;
- the contours of the picture are executed in black, and the picture itself should be contrasting, but it is important that the colors are combined with each other;
- It is not recommended to perform an ethno-pattern on each nail, as the manicure will look overloaded;
- You can use any background for the picture;
- performing a manicure requires experience and a lot of time;
- ethnic style manicure is suitable for bright images of young girls, looks best on short nails;
- the most popular are Slavic and Indian motifs.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
How to draw monograms on nails step by step for beginners. Instructions with photos.
Manicure gel polish for the season spring-summer 2021
With the onset of the warm season, there is a desire to show beautiful, well-groomed hands.
The most relevant types of manicure gel polish will be:
- matte manicure;
- French manicure using contrasting colors;
- Animalistic and floral prints.
Manicure gel polish for the season autumn-winter 2021
In winter, I want to combine comfort and beauty, so a manicure is designed to be practical and concise.
At the peak of popularity there will be the following types of manicure:
- French manicure (classic version);
- ombre in soothing colors;
- knitting pattern;
- moon manicure.
It is possible to be stylish and fashionable not only thanks to clothes and accessories. In 2021, using the actual design on the nails made on the basis of gel polish (you can choose a manicure from the photo), it is easy to attract the attention of others.
Video: Manicure with gel polish
Video instruction for applying gel polish: