Face cream for dry skin should have a complex effect, including hydration, nutrition, elimination of peeling and the removal of irritation. The main requirements include the absence of alcohol, sodium lauryl sulfate, salicylic acid and allergy-causing ingredients in the composition.
- Compositions of creams for dry, irritated, inflamed skin
- Moisturizing and Extra-Moisturizing Creams
- Fat cream
- Nutritious cream
- BB cream
- CC cream
- Healing cream
- Matting cream
- Lifting cream (anti-aging)
- Day and night cream for dry skin. Natural creams with retinol, with acids
- Cream for very dry, dehydrated skin (regenerating)
- Cream for problem skin
- Cream for sensitive skin
- Cream for combination skin
- How to choose a cream for different skin types after 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 years
- Rating of the best creams
- Korean creams
- Belarusian creams
- Moisturizing cream “Nivea” (“Nivea”)
- Moisturizing Cream “Clean Line”
- Cream butter “Dove”
- Cream “Black Pearl”
- Moisturizing cream “Yves Rocher” Cream “Libriderm” (“Librederm”) with hyaluronic acid
- Cream “Loreal”
- Garnier cream
- Cream “Physiogel”
- Cream “Nature Siberica”
- Cream “Avon” (“Avon”)
- Cream “Vichy”
- Cream “La Roche Pose” (“La Roshe Posay”)
- Baby cream
- Video about creams for dry skin:
Compositions of creams for dry, irritated, inflamed skin
The components that make up face creams for dry skin:
- hyaluronic acid improves skin elasticity, its hydration and speedy regeneration;
- fat-soluble vitamins soften the upper layer of the skin and neutralize free radicals;
- collagen from the germ of wheat or the skin of marine fish prevents aging;
- natural oils of plant origin moisturize, soften and nourish the skin;
- wheat germ extract moisturizes the skin, promotes the speedy regeneration of cells and relieves peeling;
- silk proteins have moisturizing, protective and healing properties, reduce facial wrinkles;
- placenta extract stimulates blood circulation, accelerates the elimination of toxins, relieves inflammation and irritation;
- glycerin well removes dry skin, smoothes wrinkles, heals eczema and acne;
- Coenzyme Q10 promotes collagen synthesis, slows down the process of skin aging and wrinkle formation;
- ultraviolet filters minimize the negative impact of active UV rays, so they should be present in day cream at any time of the year.
Some manufacturers additionally introduce allantoin into the composition of face creams for dry skin, which has a number of advantages:
- gently removes the upper layer of dead epidermal cells, cleans pores and prevents the appearance of acne;
- relieves inflammation;
- binds free radicals and removes them from the body;
- moisturizes and softens the skin after exposure to hard water, low temperatures, wind or sunlight;
- stimulates tissue regeneration.
For expensive creams, thermal water is also used, which effectively moisturizes the skin and enriches it with necessary trace elements.
Moisturizing and Extra-Moisturizing Creams
A quality moisturizing face cream for dry skin should:
- increase the amount of moisture in the skin by drawing it from the air;
- to keep the necessary amount of water in the cells of the epidermis;
- reduce moisture evaporation from the surface of the skin;
- create a protective layer and eliminate microscopic damage;
- provide skin smoothness and elasticity.
In order for the products to meet these requirements, it is necessary that the composition includes the following ingredients:
- moisturizers (hyaluronic acid, glycerin);
- lipids (oils, lanolin, lecithin);
- film former (collagen, elastin, vitamin E, wax, hydrolyzed plant proteins, aloe).
Separately, it is worth highlighting substances that are called emollients in cosmetology. Their functions include filling the space between the cells of the epidermis, which, with a lack of moisture and lipids, coarsen and lose contact with each other. Through such microscopic cracks, water evaporates very intensively, and dryness intensifies.
Emollients (petrolatum, lanolin and others) soften the edges of cells, increase their elasticity and prevent premature breakage of bonds.
Important! With a tendency of the skin to clog pores and the formation of acne, the use of emollients should be avoided.
Fat face cream for dry skin due to its thick and dense consistency is a “heavy” product and is used mainly in the cold season. During this period, the dermis intensively loses moisture under the influence of overdried air in heated rooms, low temperatures, and wind.
In winter, the amount of vitamins and minerals that enter the body with food and improve the condition of cells and tissues is reduced. Also, under the influence of temperature changes, the functioning of the sebaceous glands is disrupted. The combination of all factors leads to the appearance of redness, peeling and tightening of the skin.
A fat cream, which includes:
- peach, shea butter or avocado oil;
- a small amount of lactic or fruit acid;
- anti-inflammatory components in the form of extracts of lemon balm, nettle or chamomile;
- fat soluble vitamins.
Moisturizers should not be present in a greasy cream. At negative air temperatures, water molecules will freeze and expand, causing microscopic skin injuries.
It is used at any age, makes up for the lack of vitamins and minerals and promotes rapid tissue regeneration.
In addition, a nourishing face cream for dry skin should perform the following functions:
- ensure the elasticity of the dermis by stimulating collagen production;
- maintain water balance;
- relieve irritation;
- eliminate peeling;
- increase the degree of skin elasticity.
This is ensured by the presence of the following ingredients in the composition of the nourishing cream:
- fat soluble vitamins;
- hyaluronic acid;
- salts of magnesium, zinc and copper;
- vegetable oils of olive, sea-buckthorn, avocado and others;
- thermal water.
Some manufacturers introduce hormones into their nourishing creams.
Scientists recognize that plant hormones are safe for humans, since they do not penetrate the body, act in the upper layers of the dermis, and help maintain its youthfulness and elasticity. The only drawback is high allergenicity, therefore, creams with hormones should be used carefully.
But animals and synthetic hormones not only penetrate the bloodstream and affect the production of their own hormones, but also cause rapid addiction. After stopping their use, the aging processes in the skin resume with a vengeance.
This moisturizing and tinting agent is multifunctional and solves the following problems:
- prevents skin dehydration;
- hides defects (wrinkles, age spots, vascular networks, acne, small scars);
- slows down the aging of cells;
- relieves inflammation;
- accelerates metabolic processes in the deep layers of the dermis;
- serves as an ideal makeup base.
BB cream should be selected for the type of facial skin, as it can be brightening, moisturizing and matting.
This tool is an improved formula of BB cream, as it is suitable for all skin types at the same time, moisturizes, ideally lays down a
nd adjusts to the tone, while it has a light clarifying effect.
The composition of the SS cream includes the following components:
- purified sea water has a moisturizing effect and gives lightness to the texture of face cream for dry skin;
- white tea extract eliminates excessive pigmentation;
- green tea extract has antioxidant and antibacterial effects;
- walnut oil softens the skin;
- Vitamin E speeds up cell regeneration.
Even very expensive and high-quality cosmetics are not able to cope with such serious problems as rosacea, comedones, age spots and rosacea. Only skin creams can eliminate skin cracking resulting from the simultaneous exposure to moisture, frost and wind.
Therapeutic creams have a clear focus, therefore, among them there are no universal preparations.
They are pharmacological preparations and are distributed through pharmacy chains. The composition of creams includes enzymes, hormones, vitamins, dietary supplements, fruit acids and other active substances that affect the processes in the cells.
Ultraviolet rays UVA are dangerous because they are able to penetrate deeply into the skin, cause photoaging, lead to disruption of cellular structures, and also provoke the formation and growth of malignant neoplasms.
To protect the skin from negative effects, sunscreens with different levels of SPF protection from 5 to 50 are intended. They should be selected depending on the skin pigmentation. The lighter the tone, the higher the SPF.
In addition to filters, sunscreen cosmetics has additional properties due to its vegetable oils, waxes, citrus extracts and honey. Those with a tendency to allergies should carefully read the information on the label and test the products before use.
Most often, these drugs are used by owners of oily and mixed skin types. Recently, however, manufacturers began to introduce into their composition components that have a softening and moisturizing effect, which allows the use of funds for dry face.
The properties of the matting cream include:
- elimination of skin relief;
- creating a smooth complexion;
- masking fine wrinkles and peeling;
- adjustment of the secretion of the sebaceous glands.
You need to know that even correctly selected matting cream should be applied only for a short time under makeup, and thoroughly rinse at home with the help of special tools.
Lifting cream (anti-aging)
Use anti-aging cosmetics should begin after 35 years, when the natural level of collagen production decreases, and wrinkles begin to appear on the skin.
The action of lifting cream is aimed at:
- skin hydration;
- saturation of the epidermis layers with necessary minerals;
- face contouring;
- smoothing skin tone;
- elimination of dryness;
- pigmentation elimination;
- smoothing small facial wrinkles;
- stimulation of tissue regeneration processes.
For complex action, the following ingredients are introduced:
- vitamins E, C and A;
- hyaluronic and alpha lipoic acid;
- peptides with a healing effect;
- coenzyme Q10;
- essential oils;
- wheat germ extract;
- acetylhexapeptide-3, which prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Day and night cream for dry skin. Natural creams with retinol, with acids
Day cream for dry skin is designed to nourish, moisturize and protect. It has a light enough texture to completely absorb and not leave a greasy sheen. The consistency of the night remedy is more dense and greasy. It contains a higher concentration of active substances, and there are no UV filters.
The composition of many creams includes such a component as retinol, which effectively fights the signs of aging of the skin, but at the same time dries it strongly.
That last factor was the reason that manufacturers began to add moisturizers to products containing vitamin A. Other active components that hold the necessary amount of moisture inside the cells and accelerate tissue regeneration and collagen synthesis are fruit acids.
They also help eliminate age spots and shallow scars after acne. On the labels, these substances are indicated as ANA acids. They must be differentiated from BHA compounds, which include salicylic acid, used to cleanse oily skin.
Cream for very dry, dehydrated skin (regenerating)
Restorative cream for dehydrated skin is a light, non-greasy, completely absorbable product. It necessarily contains hyaluronic acid and a small amount of vegetable oils.
Cream for problem skin
The composition of funds for problematic dry skin should include the following ingredients:
- hyaluronic acid;
- bisabolol with a calming and moisturizing effect;
- Vitamin E and C;
- provitamin B 5 , accelerating the regeneration processes;
- extract from kelp, normalizing the secretion of sebum;
- ceramides to protect against the negative effects of toxins and active oxygen radicals;
- extracts of herbs that have anti-inflammatory effects.
The texture of the cream should be light so that there is no clogging of the pores.
Cream for sensitive skin
Since sensitive skin is prone to allergies, creams should not include fragrances, alcohols, dyes and antibacterial components.
In this case, you should pay attention to the presence in them:
- UV filters;
- extracts of chamomile, sage and other anti-inflammatory herbs;
- hyaluronic acid;
- vegetable oils.
It is worth knowing that a good cream for dry sensitive skin should not contain more than 10 active ingredients.
Cream for combination skin
The “2 in 1” tool allows you to simultaneously normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands in problem areas and provide hydration and nutrition in areas with dry skin. Such
creams are quickly absorbed, do not leave a greasy film that can clog pores and provoke the development of inflammatory processes in them.
How to choose a cream for different skin types after 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 years
Most manufacturers indicate age categories of consumers on labels. Usually the step varies from 5 to 10 years.
There are several rules for the competent selection of skin care products at different ages:
- up to 35 years old, do not use preparations containing collagen and substances that stimulate its production by the skin;
- from 35 to 50 years, it is necessary to use creams that hold a sufficient amount of fluid in the cells, saturate with the necessary nutrients, and also accelerate regeneration;
- after 50, you should choose products with a high content of coenzyme Q10, retinol, hyaluronic acid, collagen and vegetable oils, which can slow down the lowering of the oval of the face and the formation of deep wrinkles.
Rating of the best creams
Despite the individual approach to the choice of cream, there is a rating of funds from various manufacturers, which are the most popular at the moment.
The secret to the success of Korean brands lies in the use of natural ingredients in the manufacture of face creams for dry skin.
The high efficiency of these products in the fight against skin problems, as well as the presence of a wide range of specialized products, is noted.
The disadvantages include the difficulty of acquiring it in foreign online stores. Also, on many packages there is no information in American that allows you to choose the right cream.
Advantages of Belarusian cosmetics:
- the use of quality raw materials;
- a wide range of;
- affordable price;
- use of natural ingredients;
- availability of documents confirming the quality;
- multifunctionality of funds.
The disadvantages include the presence of preservatives in some creams and the lack of a therapeutic effect in the production of budget lines. The Belita company presents its professional line, which is used in many salons in USA because of the affordable price and good results after its application.
Moisturizing cream “Nivea” (“Nivea”)
The presented product contains jojoba oil and vitamin E for high-quality moisturizing and nourishing the skin. The disadvantages include the presence of chemical components, which in rare cases can cause allergic reactions. The price of the drug is consistent with the quality and is affordable for most consumers.
Moisturizing Cream “Clean Line”
The cream moisturizes the skin well, making it smoother and more well-groomed, has a light texture and is easy to apply.
Its effectiveness is provided by the following:
- vitamins A, C, P and provitamin B5;
- rose petal extract.
Among the advantages: low cost and convenient packaging.
Cream butter “Dove”
This tool is suitable for both the face and other parts of the body that require enhanced nutrition and hydration. The drug, despite the dense texture, is absorbed quickly and does not leave greasy marks. It is suitable for use in the cold season, as it protects the skin from the negative effects of external factors.
Cream “Black Pearl”
The product for dry and sensitive skin “Black Pearl” contains vitamin E, green tea extract and lemon balm, as well as vegetable oils with a softening, tonic and anti-inflammatory effect.
It features affordable price, ease of purchase and use.
Moisturizing cream “Yves Rocher” Cream “Libriderm” (“Librederm”) with hyaluronic acid
The drug in a short time reduces the depth of facial wrinkles, gives the skin a more toned look and accelerates the regeneration processes in the deep layers of the dermis.
This effect is achieved due to the content in the tool of a special 3-fraction hyaluronic acid, vegetable oils and stevia extract.
The special packaging of the cream prevents pathogens and contaminants from entering it. The high price of the drug is due to the presence of unique components developed in the company’s laboratory.
Loreal products are characterized by high quality and efficiency.
The main properties of creams are:
- moisture retention in epidermal cells due to hyaluronic acid;
- maintaining skin elasticity due to the presence of collagen in the cream;
- facelift and smoothing of fine wrinkles thanks to proxylan.
It is noted that the long-term use of Loreal creams helps to improve complexion by removing toxins.
Garnier representatives have created several series of dry skin care products for women of different ages. Preparations actively moisturize and help eliminate age-related changes, smooth out relief, improve complexion and have an antioxidant effect.
The company produces a line of special-purpose creams that can remove age spots, prevent acne and reduce the activity of the sebaceous glands.
The advantages of the drug:
- lightness of texture;
- prolonged action;
- effective removal of peeling;
- visual wrinkle reduction;
- lack of allergens.
Manufacturers claim that they use such unique ingredients as:
- shea butter and coconut;
- hydrogenated lecithin;
- ceramides 3;
- caprylic oils.
The high cost of creams corresponds to their quality and effectiveness.
Cream “Nature Siberica”
Due to the presence of a large number of natural active substances and extracts, this cosmetics is ideal for some consumers, and for others it causes allergic reactions. Therefore, they must be selected with caution.
Packaging in the form of a bottle with a dispenser does not allow premature deterioration of the product. The high cost of creams indicate
s their belonging to the premium class.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Cream “Avon” (“Avon”)
The peculiarity of Avon cosmetics is the presence of thermal water and natural ingredients in the composition. Creams do not contain allergens and irritants. The use of Avon creams solves the problem of dry skin, makes it toned and supple, protects against the effects of aggressive external factors.
Means of the Vichy company belong to luxury pharmaceutical products, the basis of which is thermal water from the same source.
Most products are designed for mature skin, as the active ingredients in the composition help withstand signs of aging and dehydration.
Their effectiveness is equated to professional means. Despite the high cost, the use of Vichy creams is cheaper than salon procedures.
Cream “La Roche Pose” (“La Roshe Posay”)
These funds also belong to the luxury class and are sold through a network of pharmacies and online representations. The composition of cosmetics includes La Roche-Posay thermal water, balanced in mineral content. Creams of the presented brand are able to solve many dermatological problems.
Despite the fact that the composition of the baby cream includes only natural ingredients, cosmetologists do not recommend using them in adulthood. This is due to the lack of anti-aging components, as well as a certain concentration of active substances, which in adults can cause irritation, swelling and the appearance of acne.
There are so many face creams for dry skin produced by various companies that it can be very difficult to choose the right option. For this, it is necessary to carefully study the compositions of the funds, having familiarized themselves with the action of the components in advance, as well as accurately determine the type of skin and identify existing problems.
Video about creams for dry skin:
Cream for dry skin:
Video review of creams for dry skin: