Natural colorless henna is a gift of nature for healthy hair. Reviews of the results of using the miracle cure and the centuries-old history of use confirm its effectiveness for the prevention and necessary treatment of hair.
- What is colorless henna
- Beneficial features
- Can colorless henna do harm
- Essential Oils and Colorless Henna
- Colorless Henna Masks
- How often can colorless henna be used
- Is it possible to dye hair after colorless henna
- How to determine the quality of henna
- What do the reviews say
- Video about colorless henna for hair
What is colorless henna
Henna is a product of strong grinding (up to fractions with sizes of 0/32 – 1/32 inch) of a dry plant of Lawsonia (Lawsonia inermis). The powder from its leaves is most familiar, and is used when dyeing hair in saturated reddish-red-copper tones. Colorless henna is obtained from the dry stems of the plant, they do not contain coloring pigments.
Its use does not change the color of curls, however, this does not reduce the strength of the therapeutic effect of the product on the health of the hair.
Perennial shrub lavsonia is distinguished by a thick bark and small leaves. Under natural conditions of heat and dryness of the Middle East, North Africa, southern China, India, Sri Lanka, its height often reaches 19’7 foot, on production plantations – up to 6’6 – 9’8 foot.
The main stages of work on the plantation:
- picking shrubs during flowering. Pruning is carried out at the very base;
- branches break off and dry raw materials for several days in the sun;
- disinfection against microbes and unwanted microorganisms;
Colorless henna, ready for use, after packaging is sent to the consumer. The quality of the obtained hair product, according to user reviews, the better, the finer the result of grinding and sieving, and the younger the plants served as raw materials.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
The effectiveness of the positive effect of henna on the condition of the scalp and hair is due to its following composition:
- Hennotannic acid , thanks to its antibacterial, tanning and antifungal properties, helps in the fight against dandruff, the effects of inflammation and skin irritation, strengthens hair follicles;
- Chlorophyll , which gives the shrub a green color, is a powerful antioxidant. It promotes skin rejuvenation and has a tonic effect;
- resins are involved in hair restoration, make them silky, soft, airy;
- tannins prevent hair loss, strengthening their roots;
- pectins reduce fat content, give the scalp visual density and volume;
- polysaccharides normalize the sebaceous glands of the skin, moisturizing it and acting as a natural conditioner;
- essential oils have a general strengthening effect on the skin and hair;
- Vitamin K is necessary for hair to grow quickly;
- Vitamin C rejuvenates, tones and improves the general condition of the skin and, accordingly, hair;
- organic acids normalize the functioning of the glands of the scalp, which reduces greasy hair.
The effect of the natural composition from Lawsonia on the health of hair and skin was evaluated in antiquity – more than 3000 years ago. Applying henna properly can produce noticeable results.
For hair, they are expressed in:
- strengthening healthy roots and treating victims of improper care or after dyeing with chemical dyes;
- increased growth;
- creating a thin enveloping layer that protects and compacts the surface of the hairs; after procedures with henna, the hair becomes noticeably tougher, thicker, more magnificent, their dryness and brittleness are reduced;
- leveling and creating volume;
- maintaining your own natural pigment;
- additional protection against exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- restoration of elasticity and gloss.
For the scalp, the antibacterial, hypoallergenic and disinfecting properties of henna help:
- eliminate dandruff;
- removal of pollution;
- removal of allergic reactions after applying chemical paints;
- getting rid of itching and rash.
Can colorless henna do harm
Colorless henna for hair (user reviews confirm this) can harm if mistakes were made in its use and some features of this product were not taken into account.
You do not need to rely on the exceptional healing properties of henna and apply it as the main drug. With this attitude, it is easy to miss the time for the necessary timely treatment or increase the period until complete recovery.
Procedural compresses and masks with lavsonia powder should be supplemented with the necessary medical treatment.
The frequent use of masks with henna makes the hair dry, heavy from the multi-layer of the resulting protective film and brittle. Owners of normal and dry hair are recommended to increase the time intervals between procedures. When they are carried out, masks should be applied only to the skin.
- split ends of hair;
- restoration is required for weakened, brittle, lifeless hair;
- the need to return the natural shine to dull curls;
- protection of hair of all types from the effects of chemical, atmospheric and mechanical influences;
- itching, sensitivity of the scalp to various irritations;
- hair loss;
- the appearance of infectious and fungal inflammation on the skin;
- weak hair growth;
- impaired functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- desire to have beautiful, healthy and well-groomed hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Use colorless henna after conducting a personal test of its action on a single strand of hair. In the event of an unsuccessful test, if the strand acquires an undesirable shade, you will have to refuse to use the product.
A possible allergic reaction to some component of the powder is tested on the skin of the fold of the elbow. Diluted in hot water and cooled henna for 15 minutes. applied to the skin of the hands. In case of redness, henna should be excluded from the composition of therapeutic masks.
The main contraindications:
- individual intolerance to one of the exotic components with which henna is rich;
- dry and dry hair;
- planning to make chemical hair coloring in the next 2-4 days. The result will be the unevenness of the applied paint;
- colorless henna is not suitable for blondes, if during testing a separate curl acquired an undesirable shade.
Colorless henna for hair (reviews of beauty industry experts were taken as the basis) is able to completely give all the power laid down by nature in a unique plant of lavsonia.
It is only necessary not to ignore the proposed rules and tricks when conducting home procedures:
- It is recommended to purchase powder in a specialized store after studying the necessary certificate of quality for the goods.
- Do not dilute the powder with tap water. For preparing masks, settled boiled or filtered water is suitable. For a liquid base of masks, natural infusions of medicinal herbs are also suitable, which have a strengthening effect on the hair.
- Other ingredients of the future mask should be natural, high-quality, fresh.
- Before starting the procedure, wash your hair. Lightly moistened hair should be combed.
- The mask is rubbed into the skin and scalloped evenly distributed along the length of the strands. Scallop teeth should not be placed too often.
- After processing the composition of the mask, the hair is stabbed at the top, put on a shower cap (any cellophane bag or cling film will do), wrap with a towel.
- The exposure time of the mixture on fair hair is up to 20-30 minutes, on dark hair – up to 1-2 hours.
- The procedure ends with rinsing the mask with running water. Shampoo may be needed if the mixture contains oil.
Essential Oils and Colorless Henna
Colorless henna for hair (reviews of fans of the product confirm this fact) enhances its healing and regenerative properties in tandem with essential oils.
Any of the oils, and there are more than 50 of them, can help the main component of masks in the fight against several problems at once. Therefore, to recommend one of them only, for example, to strengthen the hair follicles, would be the wrong advice.
First, this problem can be eliminated by more than a dozen other oils, and secondly, any essential oil can simultaneously stimulate growth and eliminate brittle hair, fight dandruff and alopecia, eliminate grease and regulate sebaceous gland secretions, eliminate skin inflammatory processes or have another a positive effect on the hair and skin.
It is recommended to choose a specific essential oil based on personal preferences, the desired result and the availability of this ingredient. To prepare a complex mask, it is enough to add 5-7 drops of the selected oil to the prepared slurry.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Colorless Henna Masks
The composition for the mask is prepared in an amount sufficient for one procedure, and is immediately applied as directed. The freshness of the slurry for the mask and the result obtained from its use are interrelated. For short hair, a sufficient volume of the mask is obtained from 25 g of dry henna. For medium and long hair, the portion is increased 2-4 times.
A portion of the powder is diluted with boiling water to a state of a homogeneous slurry with the consistency of sour cream. After adding specially selected additional ingredients and thoroughly mixing with the bulk, the mixture should cool slightly. First, the mask is rubbed into the skin at the roots. Then scallop distribute the gruel evenly along the length of the strands.
Variants of the most popular masks with the presence of colorless henna powder are given in the summary table.
|100 g||All masks of this block are universal. They are suitable for all hair types.
For kefir masks, water is not used.
Nettle mask is poured with boiling water after mixing all the dry ingredients.
The preparation of the remaining masks begins with a mixture of colorless henna and hot water.
Kefir mask is ready for application after 15 minutes. The rest – after a little cool.
Universal masks are applied to the skin and hair. Exposure: 20-30 minutes for fair hair, 1-2 h
2 small spoons
3,38 fluid ounce
2 small spoons
low-fat cottage cheese
|From hair loss||henna
|Water can be replaced with herbal decoction.
The mixture is infused for 10 minutes.
Exposure to hair – 1 hour.
|To strengthen hair||henna
|First, henna is diluted with boiling water. After a few minutes, the remaining components are added to the mixture.
Exposure time – 40-60 minutes.
|The yolk and oil are added to the slightly cooled base mixture.|
|Henna is bred with freshly brewed tea.
Beat the egg with butter.
Both mixtures are mixed.
|For dry and dry hair||henna
|After cooling the diluted henna, add the avocado and oil.|
|For oily hair||henna
|The remaining components are added to the diluted and cooled base.
Oil can be replaced by castor oil.
|For accelerated hair growth||henna
bay oil (essential)
1,69 fluid ounce
|Henna is bred with tea, then kefir and butter are added.
Kefir should be sour.
|For damaged hair||henna
|The components are thoroughly mixed.
The mask is applied from the roots along the entire length of the hair for 40 minutes.
How often can colorless henna be used
The powerful effect of masks with the inclusion of henna powder on the skin and hair increases the time interval between procedures. A monthly norm is considered to be a repeat of procedure 2, sometimes 3 times.
More frequent application of the mask greatly dries the skin and hair, which can lead to the opposite effect of the treatment. If you do not get carried away by frequent repetitions of procedures, but perform them regularly, the hair will become noticeably prettier and healthy.
Is it possible to dye hair after colorless henna
It is not forbidden to dye strands and simultaneously care for them with colorless henna. The main thing is to follow the rule: painting should be done before the procedure using henna, or 7-9 days after it.
How to determine the quality of henna
The quality of the colorless henna used ensures the expected therapeutic or preventive effect on the hair and scalp.
When choosing a product, the following expert advice should be considered:
- Be sure to study the composition of the proposed powder and its shelf life indicated on the package. Pure henna should not be diluted with various chemical additives and fixatives. Expired goods lose some of the declared properties.
- The degree of grinding and the presence of larger particles of henna are evaluated.
- In a powder foreign particles, sand and other garbage should not be found.
- The rich, strong herbal aroma of henna emphasizes the high quality of the product.
- Depending on the locality of the collection of lavsonia, the color of the finished powder can vary from yellow-green to light green. Stale or cooked from old stems product acquires light brown shades. Unscrupulous sellers and manufacturers can add green dye to the total mass to hide the problems of their products. If you pour henna powder with water, the mixed pigment will exfoliate from the resulting mass.
- High-quality colorless henna should not affect the change in hair color after any procedure with its use.
What do the reviews say
A natural remedy from exotic lavsonia, used worldwide, is striking in its effectiveness and the achievement of maximum results in strengthening hair. Girls who prefer hair masks with th
e inclusion of colorless henna leave mostly positive reviews. All confirm the guaranteed result with a systematic and competent use of a healing product.
And some advise not to throw away the unused composition left after the procedure, and apply it for cosmetic purposes for the skin. Statistics indicate that most girls prefer to use colorless henna of Iranian or Indian origin.
Video about colorless henna for hair
Colorless henna hair masks: