Banana is an affordable fruit with great nutritional value. Use it not only in cooking for desserts, but also in home cosmetology. Cosmetic recipes for its use make it possible to prepare face banana masks, useful both for young skin in the fight against acne and for aging skin from wrinkles.
- Composition of the product
- Skin Benefits
- Indications and contraindications
- How does a banana help wrinkles
- Banana Masks
- Purifying mask for the face and skin around the eyes
- The tool for tired skin at home
- For oily skin
- For acne and acne
- Curd mask with banana
- Egg Recipe
- Goat & Banana Compresses
- Honey Remedy
- Oatmeal Recipe
- Potato mask
- Banana mask with honey
- Banana mask with olive oil
- Mask with banana and apple
- Banana mask with starch and lemon: Botox effect
- Banana mask with orange
- How effective are banana masks
- Reviews cosmetologists about banana masks
- Video: Banana Wrinkle Facial Masks
Composition of the product
In 100 gr. Banana contains 89 kcal, which is approximately 5-6% of the daily calorie intake for an adult per day (1684 kcal).
Nutrients per 100 gr. product:
- protein 1.5 g .;
- fat 0.5 gr .;
- carbohydrates 21 gr.;
- amount of water 74 gr.
Table. Nutrients in 100 gr. product
|Vitamins||Amount in 100 g of product (banana)|
|IN 1||0.04 mg|
|AT 9||8 mg|
|IN 2||0.02 mg|
|AT 5||0.25 mg|
|AT 6||0.38 mg|
|Minerals and minerals||Amount in 100 g of product (banana)|
The benefits of banana for the body:
- Vitamin B6 is involved in the reactions of the conversion of amino acids, improves the external state, improves skin elasticity;
- Vitamin C – a component of redox reactions, increases turgor and destroys inflammation in the skin;
- potassium – an active intracellular ion, provides the appearance and elasticity of the skin.
Banana masks for the face, according to cosmetologists, are suitable for any type of skin, wrinkle recipes are considered especially effective. Depending on the presence of other ingredients, the properties of banana masks can vary dramatically. With the help of additional components masks are prepared, both for oily, and for sensitive age or dry skin with peeling.
Useful properties of a banana mask:
- Among the components of banana contains organic acids, which sparingly remove dead cells from the surface of the face. Humane scrubbing occurs, without damaging the upper layer of the skin and allergic reactions;
- Vitamin C in the composition of the fruit rejuvenates aging skin. It nourishes and helps smooth out the first small wrinkles;
- The moisturizing effect of banana is explained by the presence of B vitamins. Great for dry and flaky skin;
- The mask from the banana for wrinkles contains Vitamin E, which provides a healthy appearance, due to the even skin tone;
- Organic acids can cleanse pores. They narrow them and remove greasy shine from the surface of the skin. Adequate facial cleansing will not accumulate toxins and avoid the formation of acne;
- Choline relieves irritation, helps fight peeling.
Indications and contraindications
A contraindication to the use of banana products is the individual intolerance to the fruit. People who are allergic to banana are rare, but they exist. Then the body will respond to the allergen by issuing a rash and redness of the skin at the point of contact with the fruit. It is necessary to immediately stop the procedure and take antihistamines.
Who are recommended banana masks:
- everyone aged 35+ with signs of wilting on the face;
- for dry skin;
- for the skin after a strong tan in the solarium or in the sun;
- with age-related pigmentation;
- for oily skin with signs of seborrhea;
- with a pale and unhealthy tone of the face;
- after the appearance of small wrinkles;
- with sagging and loss of skin elasticity along the contour of the face;
- during teenage acne.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How does a banana help wrinkles
How the main components work:
- Vitamin C is one of the main components of banana, which provides an effective fight against wrinkles. Ascorbic acid increases the elasticity of aging skin;
- Retinol (Vitamin A) , as a strong antioxidant, is also involved in skin rejuvenation processes. With its help, it becomes elastic and toned, wrinkles that are formed from contraction of facial muscles of the face are smoothed out. In the presence of retinol in the upper layers of the skin, it responds better to exposure to ultraviolet rays. With age, sunburns provoke the formation of wrinkles;
- A wrinkle banana face mask contains minerals in addition to vitamins. Calcium is the main building block in cell renewal, strengthens cell membranes and helps synthesize collagen fibers. A sufficient amount of collagen that is produced by the body itself is the key to the absence of wrinkles, regardless of age;
- Silicon and magnesium in the banana strengthen the capillary walls, which supply the upper layers of the epidermis with blood.
Purifying mask for the face and skin around the eyes
The skin around the eyes has a special structure, at any age it is considered sensitive and requires special care. All face masks are applied in such a way as to avoid the area of the upper and lower eyelids.
Banana is a natural ingredient that cosmetologists are allowed to apply around the eyes. It nourishes the skin, stimulates the production of its own collagen and, as a result, smooths out the wrinkles in the corners of the eyes.
A mask was made from 0,17 fluid ounce of thick cream, 20 g of banana puree. It is applied to the skin above the upper and lower eyelids, avoiding contact with the eyes, lasts no more than 20 minutes. It is washed off with cool water, the cream is not allowed to be applied to these parts.
The tool for tired skin at home
The skin loses its tone and becomes flabby, not only with age. Stressful situations or insomnia can give a person a tired look. The mask with banana and yogurt helps to solve the problem. It is recommended to apply it in the evening, on a cleansed face.
- 100 g banana
- 20 g of natural (thick) yogurt;
- 10 g of starch;
- 5 g of honey.
The mask should be thick and not run down the face. Usage time – 30 minutes. It is washed off with water of a comfortable temperature, after which it is recommended to use a nourishing or moisturizing cream.
For oily skin
One of the main problems of oily skin is the presence of enlarged pores.
A banana mask with lemon juice helps to narrow the pores:
- fruit banana puree;
- 10 g of lemon juice.
Grind the components into a mass without lumps. Use a face mask in the evening, after washing. After exposure for 25 minutes, remove the mask using cold water, which will add a tonic effect to the skin on the face.
For acne and acne
Conventional pressed yeast effectively helps in the fight against problem skin. A banana will help strengthen their antiseptic effect and remove inflammation from the face.
- 10 g pressed yeast (do not use instant dry yeast);
- half a ripe banana;
- 20 g of milk or mineral water without gas.
Before preparing the mask, you need to activate the yeast by first dissolving it in warm water or milk. To activate, keep them warm for about 20 minutes. and add mashed banana. After thorough mixing, put the mixture on a clean face with a layer of 0’4 inch.
If the layer is thin, the mask will dry quickly. You can apply the mixture in layers. Each subsequent layer lays on top, after drying the previous one. Do not allow the mask to dry on the face, this will stretch the skin. It is advisable to apply a moisturizing cream after the mask.
Curd mask with banana
The combination of milk proteins and organic fruit acids make the mask an effective nutritional supplement. Suitable for any skin of all ages.
- 20 g of fatty cottage cheese (low-fat product does not have the necessary properties);
- half a medium sized banana.
Grate banana and cottage cheese in a cup. The mass should be homogeneous, without lumps. Lubricate the face with a thin layer. The exposure time of the mask on the face depends on age. For young women, 15 minutes is enough, for mature skin – 30 minutes. It is also used for neck and decollete. After using the mask, redness of the skin and a slight fever are possible. This effect is caused by increased blood flow in the epidermis.
Nourishing mask recommended in winter.
For her it is necessary:
- yolk of a small egg;
- ? part of a banana.
Separate the protein from the yolk. Connect the components. Spread a thin layer on a clean face. If the mask turned out to be liquid, it can be thickened with 5 g of starch. You can use chicken egg protein. In combination with banana, they have a lifting effect for aging skin. To obtain a mask, you need to beat the egg white and mix it with 15 g of mashed banana.
Goat & Banana Compresses
Goat milk accelerates metabolic reactions in skin cells. Successfully evens out the tone and appearance of the face. Beta-casein (a special type of protein) nourishes aging skin, encourages it to renew.
- 10 g of goat milk;
- ? part of a small banana.
You must first knead the banana until puree. Then gradually add goat milk. The composition of the mask should resemble thick sour cream. During use, it is recommended to lie on your back. You can carry out the overlay procedure in layers. The total time the mask is on the face is no more than 30 minutes.
Nourishes the skin, activates metabolic reactions, causes blood flow to the upper layers. It is recommended to use only in the absence of rosacea and an allergy to honey.
- 10 g of liquid honey;
- 30 g banana puree;
- a pinch of turmeric or cinnamon.
A mask with a banana can cause redness of the skin, which will pass on its own within 30 minutes. Therefore, it is recommended not to go outside after the procedure. The mixture is used after cleansing the face, on dry skin. The wrinkle application time is 10 minutes. You can’t keep cosmetics with bee products on your skin for a long time.
Oat masks are considered nutritious and are used to increase skin elasticity. Masked oatmeal can be used in the form of oatmeal or cereal steamed in milk. You can make flour yourself by processing the grits in a coffee grinder. To use whole plates, they are poured with boiling milk, covered with a saucer on top for 30 minutes.
What the mask consists of:
- 20 g of oatmeal (flour or cereal);
- 10 g of liquid honey;
- 20 g banana puree;
- 20 g of heavy cream.
Mix all component parts until smooth. If flakes are used, stir longer, until the cereal structure is destroyed.
It not only removes inflammation from the face, but also moisturizes the skin.
- 1 tuber boiled in a potato peel;
- half a small banana;
- 10 g of milk or yogurt.
There are several recommendations:
- Potatoes need to be boiled in a peel, this will save most of the nutrients, as some of them are water soluble.
- It is better to take pink potatoes. Such varieties contain more vitamin U, which helps to heal wounds and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Do not use hot potatoes to prepare a mask.
Combine mashed banana and potato. If the mixture is dry, it is diluted with mineral water or milk. The mask is aged on the face for 20 minutes.
Banana mask with honey
It has a tonic effect, nourishes the skin with trace elements.
It is necessary to prepare:
- 0,34 fluid ounce of thick cream;
- ? part of a medium-sized banana;
- 15 g of honey.
The mask is used after washing. Beauticians recommend applying it to the decollete area for 30 minutes. It is recommended to remove it only with the help of warm water. Perhaps redness of the skin as a result of increased blood flow.
Banana mask with olive oil
Olive oil is rich in oleic acid, which, together with banana organic fatty acids, is recommended for moisturizing and nourishing aging skin. Increases its natural elasticity, which allows you to smooth out facial wrinkles.
- small banana;
- 10 g of olive oil;
- 5 g of starch.
Mash a banana with vegetable oil. Apply in the evening. It is recommended to use cold-pressed oil.
Mask with banana and apple
Contains fruit and organic acids, which are useful for lifting aging skin and can destroy wrinkles.
- 5 g of mashed apple;
- 5 g banana puree;
- 5 g of vegetable oil (can be from olives or flax).
To prepare fruit purees, grind half the fruit on a fine grater. Apply in a thick layer while lying on your back. Apply immediately after manufacture, the mixture does not tolerate long-term storage. Keep on face for at least 20 minutes.
Banana mask with starch and lemon: Botox effect
Beauticians compare the results from a course of masks using Botox.
- 5 g banana puree;
- 5 g of fresh lemon juice;
- 10 g of starch;
- 5 g fat yogurt.
Combine all components and mix thoroughly. Apply for 30 minutes.
Banana mask with orange
The mask contains a set of fruit acids and has a light whitening effect. For this reason, it is not recommended for use by women with sensitive skin.
- 10 g banana;
- 1 slice of orange without skin and films.
Combine the fruits, grinding them in mashed potatoes. Stand on face for 20 minutes. For washing water of any temperature is suitable. After the mask, it is not recommended to go out in direct sunlight.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
How effective are banana masks
To get the expected effect, you need to use ripe, juicy bananas . Fruits with a green side on the peel are not suitable – they are ripened unripe and ripened during transportation. Also, bananas with black dots on the peel will not work, this indicates that he has oversized, the processes of decay have begun.
Masks should be applied only to the cleansed face through massage lines. Beauticians recommend during the procedure to ensure the immobility of the face. It is advisable to make masks in a prone position and not to talk during use in order to avoid reduction of facial wrinkles.
The effectiveness of banana masks depends on the age and environmental impact. To increase efficiency, it is necessary to carry out the procedure with a certain periodicity. According to the recommendations make masks with an interval of 2 days, for a month.
It must be understood that the effects of natural components occur within 1-2 weeks, however, the first results on skin softening and evening of complexion can be seen after 2-3 masks.
It is recommended to use masks with banana during the rest of the skin when using cosmetics or hardware cosmetology. This will allow the skin to relax from aggressive effects and consolidate the result.
Reviews cosmetologists about banana masks
Banana is suitable for most people without causing an allergic reaction. In solving some problems, it can only serve as an adjuvant in complex therapy. But harming and worsening the clinical picture with banana alone is impossible.
Banana face masks are a universal remedy for all older women in the fight against wrinkles.
They will help slow down the natural formation of facial wrinkles. It is important to choose the remaining components of the product, as a banana is a basic ingredient.
Video: Banana Wrinkle Facial Masks
Wrinkle Banana Mask:
Homemade face mask with banana: