The desire to get rid of wrinkles leads women to readiness to try out the most incredible and exotic ways to smooth the skin. Meanwhile, there is a natural and absolutely safe remedy – olive oil for the face.
- Olive oil composition
- The benefits of olive oil for face
- Who is it for
- How to apply olive oil
- Wrinkle Masks
- Masks for wrinkles around the eyes
- Masks for the skin of the eyelids
- Wrinkle Compresses
- Compositions for the skin around the lips
- Homemade olive oil face cream
- Facial olive oil massage
- Makeup Remover Olive Oil
- Use instead of cream
- Recommendations for the use of olive oil from cosmetologists
- Possible harm
- Reviews on the use of olive oil for the face
- Video about olive oil for face
Olive oil composition
Wrinkle olive oil used for cosmetic purposes is essentially no different from the product that is used in food. It is a greenish oily liquid with a rich vitamin and mineral composition, obtained by squeezing the fruits of an olive tree.
The olive tree oil contains:
Each of these components has a positive effect on the skin. Vitamin E relieves dryness, helps cell regeneration, stimulates collagen production, thereby slowing the sagging of the fibers. Vitamin E is an excellent antioxidant, it strengthens cell membranes and accelerates the elimination of toxins. All this helps the skin to stay toned and supple.
Fatty acids regulate lipid metabolism in tissues, which helps to retain moisture in the deeper layers of the skin, and it is this property that helps the skin not to thin and stay in good shape for a long time.
Triglycerides strengthen capillaries, which prevents the formation of a vasculature under the skin. The beneficial effects of acids on collagen fibers prevent wilting and aging of tissues. The carotenoids in the oil are responsible for a healthy complexion, and chlorophyll improves oxygen delivery to the cells and helps the skin look fresh.
The benefits of olive oil for face
Oil has a multilateral effect on the skin of the face.
If we generalize the beneficial properties of oil, the main directions of its action will be as follows:
- reduces stretch marks;
- eliminates dryness;
- rejuvenates, smooths the relief;
- heals microcracks;
- prevents wrinkles and smoothes out existing ones.
The person who is regularly looked after with the use of this product looks healthy, the skin gallon glows, and by touch it feels soft and silky.
Who is it for
Answering the question of the appropriateness of using olive oil for cosmetic purposes, it’s easier to say who does not suit it than to list all the cases when this oil is indicated for use. You can start making applications from a young age.
The oil helps to cope with the features of problem skin, it eliminates excessive dryness, is useful for aging and aging skin, removes dark circles under the eyes and copes with the vascular network.
Due to the presence of squalene, the use of the product for cosmetic purposes is indicated for those who suffer from eczema, psoriasis and neurodermatitis. The most pronounced effect is found with problems of dryness and peeling.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to apply olive oil
Wrinkle olive oil for the face is often used as a peeling, moisturizer and cleanser.
Peeling using the product is as follows. The face is kept on steam for 5-10 minutes, this is necessary to expand the pores.
The oil is mixed with chopped rice or bran 1: 1. The mixture is applied to the face and neck, covered with a cotton napkin.
The application is kept for 15 minutes, washed off with warm boiled water using a sponge. This procedure provides deep cleaning of pores and moisturizing tissues. For those who have oily skin, after applying the peeling, it is useful to add lemon juice to the water for washing.
The first wrinkles appear at the age of 26-30 years, and other skin problems often occur even earlier.
There are several types of masks that are used in accordance with the characteristics of the skin:
- Elimination of oily sheen. In a small container, mix 1 large tablespoons of oil and 1 small tablespoons of lemon juice. A homogeneous mixture is applied to problem areas for 10-15 minutes. A procedure using these components dries the skin.
- The elimination of dryness. Mix 2 large tablespoons of oil, 1 large tablespoons of fat sour cream (cream), egg (quail) yolk. Apply to the skin, stand for 15 minutes, gently rinse with water.
- Wrinkle smoothing. The protein of one chicken or quail egg is beaten and mixed with 2 large tablespoons of oil. Use in the usual way. The mixture tightens the skin well, but slightly dries it.
- Whitening and nutrition. 5 beans are ground, 2 large tablespoons of oil are added, mixed and applied to the face. After 15-20 minutes, the mass is washed off.
- Removal of irritation. Olive tree oil (2 tablespoon) is mixed with a decoction of chamomile, thyme and mint (1 large spoon) to the state of the emulsion. Apply the prepared emulsion to the skin, cover with a paper towel, hold for 15-20 minutes, remove in the traditional way.
Masks for wrinkles around the eyes
The skin around the eyes is much thinner than on the rest of the face, so the use of ingredients such as egg white or white clay in this area is undesirable. Components that strongly tighten the skin can damage its surface layer and lead to microcracks and irritation.
The following combinations are recommended:
- chopped fresh herbs (mint, chamomile, dill) + oil;
- oil + egg yolk;
- oil supplemented with vitamin E;
- aloe juice + olive oil;
- olive oil + honey.
When adding liquid components (honey, aloe juice, yolk), the proportions are taken approximately 1: 1. The mask is applied with gentle movements without stretching the skin. Remove it 10-15 minutes after application. As a final procedure, a moisturizer is used.
Masks for the skin of
Anti-wrinkle olive oil for face is successfully applied not only in the area around the eyes, but also on the eyelids themselves. Applying mask components to this part of the body can be difficult. Liquid components easily drain from a spherical surface and run the risk of getting into the eyes, so components that can irritate the mucous membranes of the eyes are not added to eye masks.
The addition of thickening components (oatmeal or rice flour, chopped bran) will help to avoid the draining of the mask. The same masks are recommended for the eyelids, which are recommended for application around the eyes. Allow complete drying of the mass on the delicate areas of the face should not be (due to the risk of skin tightening).
Olive oil in compresses involves applying a mask in the form of a wet application with the addition of liquid ingredients, often in a heated form. The value of the compress is that it penetrates the skin faster and better, moisturizes well, smoothes wrinkles. Drying and tightening of tissues after its use is excluded.
Compress is done as follows:
- prepare mask components;
- mix them until smooth;
- slightly warmed up;
- dipped in a mixture of cotton fabric cut to the size of the face;
- apply a compress to the face;
- cover with a terry towel;
- withstand 25-30 minutes;
- washed off with light massage movements.
Compress can be made based on the following combinations:
- olive oil + burdock;
- olive oil + decoction of herbs;
- olive oil + baker’s yeast;
- olive oil + honey and lemon juice;
- olive oil + quail egg.
Compositions for the skin around the lips
Anti-wrinkle olive oil is perfect for the skin around the lips. The first wrinkles appear early in this area, so care for it with the help of nourishing masks is required. The skin around the mouth is not as thin as around the eyes, therefore, the list of products suitable for such applications is quite wide.
It often uses nourishing and smoothing masks based on a combination of olive extract with berries and fruits. When applied in close proximity to the sense of smell, this application has the additional effect of aromatherapy.
As additives to masks intended for this zone, they are well suited:
The latter fruit is especially good for problems with dryness and peeling of the lips, and the strawberry component has a slight whitening property. You can add a teaspoon of white clay to any of the mixtures listed. This will enhance the cleansing property of the procedure.
A scrub based on an olive oil extract with the addition of exfoliating components has good regenerative properties. Abrasive components cleanse the face of dead skin particles and pore contaminants, and oil helps cell renewal and restore its elasticity.
The following mixtures can be used as a scrub:
- sugar sand (4 tablespoon) + olive oil (2 tablespoons);
- coffee grounds (3 tablespoons) + oil (2 tablespoons);
- sea salt (3 tablespoons) + oil (2 tablespoons).
It is important to follow the basic rules for the use of scrubs. Do not apply them to irritated or damaged skin.
Thin and sensitive skin should also not be treated with abrasives. Scrubs are not applied to steamed skin. It needs only to be slightly moistened. A properly used product allows deep tissue cleaning at home.
Not everyone knows, but on the basis of oil you can make not only the usual masks and scrubs, but also lotions. They perfectly cleanse and refresh the skin and in their properties are practically not inferior to store ones.
- Cucumber Olive Lotion. Prepared from cucumber juice (4 large tablespoons), olive oil (3 large tablespoons), baking soda (1/2 small tablespoons). Shake the components to the state of the emulsion. You can store the prepared product in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Apply lotion in the morning and evening.
- Rose Olive Lotion. Used rose water (3 tablespoons) and olive oil (3 tablespoon). The mixture is shaken until smooth, stored in the refrigerator for 10-14 days, used as necessary.
- Aloe juice lotion. To prepare a cosmetic product, use olive oil (4 large tablespoons), almond oil (1 small tablespoons), glycerin (1 small tablespoons), aloe juice (3 large tablespoons).
You can add a little (3-5 drops) of your favorite essential oil to any flavoring lotion.
Homemade olive oil face cream
At home, it is quite possible to make a homemade face cream based on olive oil. Making a cream on your own has a number of advantages: you can control the quality of all its components yourself and avoid the use of harmful chemicals, which are overfilled with industrial creams. In addition, you can choose your own flavorings.
The order of preparation of the cosmetic product:
- Emulsion wax (available on the Internet) is mixed in a glass container with olive oil. The ratio is 1: 1.
- In a microwave oven, the components are heated for 1 minute at a temperature of 60 degrees.
- Water ( 6,76 fluid ounce) is heated to 50 degrees. 20-25 drops of essential aromatic oil, chosen according to your taste, are added to it.
- All components are connected together. If the mixture turned white, then everything was done correctly.
- Store the cream in a cool, dark place. Use as a regular cream, as needed.
Facial olive oil massage
Smooth fine lines, tighten the oval of the face and restore the skin to a healthy look will help massage with olive oil. To enhance the effect, ordinary tablespoons are often used as a tool. They are heated or cooled in order to achieve a contrast effect. The alternation of heat and cold helps tone the tissue.
Prepared tools are dipped in oil and smooth the skin with massage movements. Move according to the massage lines. You can make tapping movements. Massage lasts 10-15 minutes.
At the end of the procedure, the face is cleaned of oil with warm water and a cotton pad. Instead of spoons for the procedure, you can use finger pads, previously dipping them in warm or cold oil.
Makeup Remover Olive Oil
Oil has an excellent ability to dissolve and remove any impurities from the skin, so it is often used to remove makeup. Makeup is carried out in the evening, before bedtime. Sponge is dipped in olive oil and gently removes makeup residues from the face.
To remove excess fat and prevent the formation of a greasy film on the face that impedes the respiration of the cells, it is advisable to wipe the skin after a make-up with a cotton pad moistened with warm water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Use instead of cream
Olive tree oil has almost all of the same properties that are inherent in modern creams, designed to care for face and hands. It can be expected to moisturize, soften, lightly tighten and smooth the skin.
Oil will bring the most pronounced effect to owners of dry and normal skin. With a tendency to fat, oil should be used in combination with acidifying components (kefir, lemon juice). In the presence of blackheads, oil can aggravate the situation.
Recommendations for the use of olive oil from cosmetologists
General recommendations from cosmetologists on the use of olive oil for cosmetic purposes are as follows:
- avoid the use of oil in its natural form in the presence of acne and oily skin;
- Do not use oil too often;
- it is better to use the product for evening care;
- 5-10 minutes after application, the excess oil is removed with a cotton pad;
- it is advisable to use emulsions based on olive oil and aqueous components.
Following these tips will help to maintain a healthy looking skin, its youth and freshness.
Olive tree oil is considered a valuable, useful product, rave reviews about it can be found on many cosmetology sites. However, this product is not as harmless as it might seem.
The oil forms a thin film on the surface of the skin that impedes the respiration of cells, as a result of which skin cells (especially those prone to greasy) become clogged with grease and dirt. Therefore, too frequent and excessive use of the product can lead to an effect that is exactly the opposite of what is desired.
The use of natural anti-wrinkle remedies is popular among women. Many tend to use olive oil and products based on it for face care. But you should know that cosmetics in which this product is contained in large quantities can have an undesirable effect.
It is recommended to refrain from using the product for cosmetic purposes when:
- increased oily skin;
- face hyperhidrosis;
- allergic reactions and irritations.
If any negative skin reactions to this product are detected, it is recommended to abandon its use. The appearance of black spots, acne, sore and irritated areas on the face is an excuse to stop using oil.
Reviews on the use of olive oil for the face
On the Internet you can find many positive reviews about the use of this product for cosmetic purposes. Olive oil has a good reputation, and its use has a rich history.
After applying the oil, the skin becomes elastic, wrinkles become much less noticeable, the complexion acquires freshness, the contours are tightened, and all these characteristics together make it possible to say that olive oil really helps.
Video about olive oil for face
The benefits and uses of olive oil for the face: