Oily hair at the roots is a task with many unknowns. What to do with this problem is a frequently asked question, the answer to which must be sought not only in the individual characteristics of the body. Often the cause of oily hair is improper care procedures and hair products.
- Causes of oily hair at the roots
- Symptoms of increased greasy hair
- Medicinal masks
- Cosmetic scrubs
- Treatment shampoos for oily, falling hair
- Folk remedies against oily hair and dandruff
- Vitamin and mineral complexes
- Ozone therapy
- Plasmolifting or plasmotherapy
- Laser shower
- Trichologists tips for oily hair care
- Video: oily hair, what to do
Causes of oily hair at the roots
If in the evening there is no trace of pure shiny curls, there is an obvious problem – oily hair at the roots. What to do in such cases, only the owners of this type of hair know. The reasons why hair quickly get dirty a lot. But the most basic is the intense work of the sebaceous glands.
Enhanced function may be affected by several factors:
- Heredity. There is no money against genes, so if relatives suffer from excessive sweating and sebum secretion, the opportunity to inherit oily skin increases several times.
- Failures in the endocrine system. If there are problems with the thyroid gland, it is worth taking tests for hormones and finding out their level, perhaps increased sebum of the head and skin lies in this.
- Hormonal imbalance. During puberty, pregnancy and menopause, the sebaceous glands work more intensively.
- Constant stress and bad habits.
- Unbalanced diet. Frequent consumption of spicy and fatty foods, fast food and carbonated drinks contributes to increased sebum secretion.
Seborrheic dermatitis. Pathological sebum secretion causes a yeast-like fungus present on the skin. The disease is accompanied by the presence of oily dandruff.
- Frequent washing in hot water. High temperature helps to dilate blood vessels and pores, and frequent washing dries the scalp – this makes the sebaceous glands work harder.
- Improper care. The use of shampoos not according to the type of hair, the frequent use of a hairdryer, the wearing of synthetic hats – all this negatively affects the work of the sebaceous glands.
- Incorrect combing. With improper combing, the bulk of the sebum accumulates at the roots and is not evenly distributed along the entire length. In this case, the hair roots become greasy, and dry ends are observed.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Symptoms of increased greasy hair
To understand whether oily hair or not, you need to pay attention to the following symptoms:
- oily skin is observed not only on the head, but also on the face (especially the forehead, nose and chin – T-zone);
- poor exfoliation of dead cells, forms seborrheic crust on the scalp;
- locks of hair are oily;
- possible focal alopecia (baldness).
A proper lifestyle and a balanced diet can solve such a problem as oily hair at the roots. What to do if this is not enough, trichologists know. In this case, they recommend the use of medicinal masks.
- The “Three Valuable Clays” mask from Loreal actively cleanses, refreshes and restores the hydro-lipid balance of the skin. Before washing the hair, apply straight and evenly distribute through the hair. Wait 10 minutes, rinse with shampoo.
- “Express mask for the volume and lightness of oily hair” from the cosmetic brand Cora Cosmetics. The complex nourishes the skin with oxygen, restores the function of the sebaceous glands and controls the fat content of the dermis on the head. Apply the mask after washing with a special shampoo. Distribute over the entire length into wet strands, leave for 5 minutes. Then rinse off.
- “Mask adsorbing for oily hair” from the cosmetic company Belita-Vitex , is designed specifically for hair prone to excess fat. Pink clay and active ingredients in the mask absorb excess sebum and deeply cleanse the epidermis. Spread the mask on clean, damp hair and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse your head without shampoo.
A good solution for thick, oily hair at the roots of the hair is cosmetic scrubs. All you need to do is use them regularly. Scrubs are composed of abrasive components that deeply clean the scalp from keratinized scales and excess dirt.
For example, a scrub based on the color of sea buckthorn from Natura Siberica helps to cleanse the skin , prevents hair loss, restores the sebaceous glands, and removes dandruff. It is enough to apply a little scrub on wet hair and gently massage the skin for 2 minutes, rinse.
To improve blood microcirculation, Kaaral Purify Scrub cream is an excellent scrub. Thanks to the natural particles of walnut, this drug eliminates the problems of dandruff and peeling of the scalp. It must be applied after shampooing and with gentle pressure, gently massage the skin and rinse with water.
Scrub for the scalp can be prepared at home: add 3 drops of lavender oil and 1 teaspoons to the conditioner. finely ground sea salt. Mix everything into massage into hair roots and rinse.
Treatment shampoos for oily, falling hair
Using regular shampoos does not solve the problem of oily hair. It is necessary to regularly use special therapeutic shampoos, as this is another important point in proper care – what makes them healthy and their roots strong.
For example, shampoo with healing mud for hair and scalp from the cosmetic brand Bark Cosmetics in its composition contains manganese, a mineral that has a bactericidal, drying effect, which is important for oily scalp.
In addition, manganese enhances blood circulation, and this has a positive effect on hair growth.
Alerana pharmacy brand oily and combination shampoo contains herbal ingredients that heal oily scalp, restore the sebaceous glands and heal it.
And natural growth activators – enhance blood microcirculation and stimulate intensive hair growth.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Folk remedies against oily hair and dandruff
In folk medicine, there are effective ways to deal with greasy hair and dandruff. Their main task is to normalize the function of sebum secretion.
The most common means of control:
Nettle broth with oily
seborrhea: 100 g nettle per 0,3 gallon of boiling water. Insist for an hour and rinse your head every time after washing. Do not flush.
- Alcohol tincture of calendula. Remarkably regulates the sebaceous glands, inhibits the reproduction of the fungus that causes dandruff. Before each washing of the head, usd the tincture into the roots, warm the head and walk like that for 30 minutes.
- A mask with honey and aloe juice perfectly cleanses, nourishes and restores the scalp. 1 tablespoon honey, you need to take 1 tablespoon. aloe juice and 1 egg yolk. Mix everything and massage it into the scalp with massage movements. Warm with a hat and rinse after 1 hour.
- Yeast mask. To prepare it, dilute dry yeast in 1 teaspoons. water and add egg white. Mix all components and gently usd into the hair roots. After drying, wash off the mask in warm water with shampoo.
Vitamin and mineral complexes
If the appearance of the hair has long ceased to be an object of admiration, then the hair does not have enough nutrition. Good vitamin complexes can solve this problem.
- Pantovigar Vitamin Complex contains an extensive list of vitamins, amino acids, keratin and medical yeast. The mechanism of its action is the effective supply of hair roots with nutrients, improved blood supply and antioxidant action, which has a beneficial effect on the strengthening and growth of hair. Take the drug 1 capsule 3 times a day during or immediately after a meal. The course of treatment can be 3-4 months.
- Perfectil – this vitamin complex , according to doctors, also deserves attention. This preparation is enriched with B vitamins and other essential microelements that strengthen not only the hair, but also improves the condition of the nail plate and removes toxins from the body. Take perfectil 1 capsule per day for a month.
- Evicent – this vitamin complex is good in that it contains brewer’s yeast and mineral sulfur. This combination of trace elements has a beneficial effect on hair growth, and also helps to strengthen them. Take 2 tablets orally 3 times daily immediately after meals.
- A special Merz tablet – contains the optimal combination of vitamins and minerals that saturate the cells with all the substances necessary for the body, and thanks to the targeted delivery of all components, the skin, hair and nails receive the necessary nutrition in full. Take 2 tablets daily with or after a meal.
It happens that all methods and methods of care have been tried, but the problem remains – oily hair at the roots. What to do in this case will be prompted in a clinic where trichologists will select individual modern hardware procedures for problematic scalp.
Ozone therapy – exposure to highly active oxygen on problem areas of the skin, which leads to:
- healing of irritation;
- reduce inflammation;
- the destruction of pathogenic bacteria.
The course is from 6 to 10 procedures.
Mesotherapy – injection under the skin of various therapeutic compounds that are selected individually for the problem. The course of treatment varies from 8 to 10 procedures.
Plasmolifting or plasmotherapy
Plasmolifting is an injection technique for introducing biomaterial based on the patient’s blood plasma into problem areas of the skin. Plasma contains all the necessary vitamins, hormones and proteins that provide the hair follicles with the necessary nutrition.
The course consists of 5-10 procedures.
Cryotherapy is a method of physiotherapeutic treatment with deep cold (liquid nitrogen or ice) on problem areas of the skin. As a result of such exposure, the skin receives little stress, which enhances blood flow and accelerates metabolic processes. The full course of the procedure is 10 sessions.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Darsonval – exposure to pulsed high-frequency currents on nerve endings, small vessels, sebaceous glands.
As a result of this effect, a sharp spasm of the vessels occurs, which leads to an improvement in blood circulation and an increase in muscle tone. The course of treatment is 10-25 procedures, depending on the problem.
In appearance, the device resembles a normal shower with a comfortable and relaxing water supply 96,8 – 98,6°F. But in addition to water, the device delivers a narrow beam of a light wave – a laser.
The hydrolaser shower uses a “red” low-intensity laser, which:
- protects the skin from inflammation;
- kills all pathogenic bacteria;
- improves blood circulation.
As a result of this exposure, skin nutrition improves. The usual course of procedures consists of 10 sessions.
Trichologists tips for oily hair care
As general recommendations for care, tricholo
- wash your hair only when necessary;
- in order not to injure the skin, the water should be warm;
- use shampoos strictly according to the type of hair;
- wash your hair twice in order to eliminate all dirt and saturate the skin with active substances from shampoo;
- wash hair thoroughly after using shampoo so that the remaining foam does not stick hair and does not stain them;
- rarely, but it is worth changing the shampoo, in order to avoid addiction.
What to do with oily hair at the roots and how to cope with this problem will tell the trichologist. After all, increased head grease may indicate the presence of a disease that cannot be cured by home methods.
Video: oily hair, what to do
Tip: how to get rid of oily hair:
Greasy hair. How to wash your hair less often, 6 life hacks: