Every day, the human body spends a lot of energy, so it needs to be nourished by the body with useful substances, especially protein – building materials for full work. This is especially important for pregnant women and children who need more nutrients than adolescents, adults or the elderly.
Food does not always satisfy the needs of the body fully. The Centrum series of vitamin preparations is designed to compensate for this deficiency taking into account age, gender, and special health conditions.
- Release form and composition
- The effect of Centrum multivitamin complexes on the body
- Indications for use
- Side effects
- Precautionary measures
- Centrum Daily Intake
- Medications for adults: men
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Adult 50+
- Drugs for children
- Centrum Chewable Vitamins
- Video about Centrum vitamins
Release form and composition
The drugs are available in 3 main dosage forms:
- tablets in a shell that dissolves in the digestive tract;
- chewable tablets;
- liquid (product for adults with swallowing problems).
Centrum Vitamin Supplements contain beneficial substances from the main groups: fat, water soluble vitamins, minerals. The amount of substance in different preparations is selected taking into account the needs of the group of people for whom this supplement is intended.
|Fat soluble vitamins|
|A (retinol)||The work of the retina, immunity, the growth of the skin|
|D (calciferol)||The formation of the skeleton, teeth, the exchange of phosphorus, calcium|
|E (tocopherol)||Cell respiration, vascular elasticity|
|TO||Hematopoiesis, nutrient metabolism|
|Water soluble vitamins|
|B1 (thiamine)||Carbohydrate metabolism, increased contractility of the heart, transmission of electrical impulses in the nervous system|
|B2 (riboflavin)||Protecting the skin from excessive ultraviolet radiation, maintaining the blood-forming, immune systems|
|B6 (pyridoxine)||Production of blood components, metabolic processes in the liver|
|B9 (folic acid)||The production of amino acids, cell division, is extremely important for pregnant women – it provides the formation, attachment, development of the fetus|
|B12 (cyanocobalamin)||Digestion, signaling from the brain to peripheral nerves|
|C (ascorbic acid)||The immune response, growth of ligaments, cartilage, healing of damage, processes of oxygen transfer by blood cells|
|Potassium||Cellular metabolism, transmission of contractile impulses in the heart|
|Calcium||Strengthening and development of teeth, bones, nails, hair|
|Magnesium||Protein conversion, maintaining heart muscle|
|Manganese||The development of memory, the formation of muscles of the skeleton and internal organs|
|Iron||Production of blood components, nucleic acids|
|Iodine||Thyroid function, metabolism, hormone production|
|Zinc||The production of sex hormones, the regulation of the reproductive system|
|Chromium||Metabolic processes at all levels|
|Molybdenum||Fights oxidation processes, removes toxic substances|
|Phosphorus||Bone growth, nervous system|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The effect of Centrum multivitamin complexes on the body
Vitrum Centrum for women, men, children vary in composition and amount of nutrients. This allows you to accurately meet the needs of the body at different stages.
Common beneficial effects of Centrum vitamins:
- neutralize the effects of harmful oxidative processes in the body, reduce the amount of free oxygen radicals;
- activate immunity, help the body cope with infections, quickly come to working condition after damage;
- gently stimulate the nervous system (have a calming effect due to increased stress resistance, while maintaining brain activity);
- make up for the lack of vitamins in food, satisfy the increased need for useful supplements in special cases (pregnancy, active training, illness);
- normalize metabolic processes, helping to stabilize weight;
- improve appearance (color, skin tone), fight rashes;
- prevent vision loss with increased eye strain;
- support hematopoiesis, preventing anemia (insufficiency of blood cells);
- supply the body with energy and material for proper, active work.
Indications for use
Vitrum preparations Centrum are used to correct the diet, make up for the lack of certain substances, the overall toning of the body. They are used in healthy people during the period of illness and recovery.
Indications for the use of vitamins:
- lack of fortified food, especially in winter, living in places with an unfavorable climate;
- decreased performance, p
hysical, intellectual stress, stressful situations;
- active sports, including in children, hiking, mountaineering;
- pregnancy – from planning to the end of breastfeeding;
- cosmetic problems – skin rashes, spots, brittleness, thinning of hair and nails;
- active growth and development in childhood, starting from 2 years;
- advanced age, menopause;
- recovery from injuries, operations, diseases;
- seasonal prevention of colds, immunity support;
- often repeated violations of the daily regime, change of time zones, acclimatization.
Vitamins are non-dangerous drugs that do not cause serious disorders, side effects.
In some cases, the following side effects occur:
- Allergy (skin rashes, itching) with excessive sensitivity to the components of the supplement. This phenomenon can be checked by food intolerance. For example, if you are allergic to citrus, you should be careful with vitamin C preparations. If you experience any allergic reactions, you must stop taking the vitamins and consult a doctor.
- Reducing / enhancing exposure while taking other drugs. Some drugs change the body’s need for certain substances. Others affect the absorption of vitamins. There are opposite cases when food additives interfere with the drug (for example, taking thyroid hormones, iron preparations should be drunk at intervals of 6 hours, otherwise the absorption of thyroxine slows down).
To prevent the development of side effects, it is necessary to tell the doctor prescribing treatment with vitamins in detail about the characteristics of the body. Knowing the undesirable reactions in the past, a specialist will be able to accurately select the drug. If necessary, consult an allergist.
Dietary supplements do not have a therapeutic effect directly, but only help the body function. This does not translate vitamins into the category of harmless goodies that can be consumed uncontrollably.
To take vitamins to the maximum benefit, you must observe the following precautions:
- do not exceed the prescribed dosage, the duration of the course of admission without consulting a doctor;
- do not take other vitamin supplements at the same time (the principle “the more the better” is dangerous for any medicine);
- the liquid form of release contains alcohol, it can not be consumed by pregnant, lactating women and children under 18 years of age;
- conventional adult vitamins are not suitable for pregnant women and during breastfeeding, for this period it is recommended to use specialized supplements;
- you should find out the compatibility of the vitamin complex with constantly taken drugs (hormones, cardiac, anticonvulsants), be sure to inform the doctor who prescribes the vitamins;
- with caution, it is worth taking vitamins in the presence of tumor processes, so as not to provoke tumor growth on the nutrients of the drug.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Centrum Daily Intake
Centrum vitamins for women, men, children are convenient to take. All necessary components are contained in 1 tablet.
The daily intake for adults and the elderly is 1 tablet / chewable lozenge per day. Liquid forms of vitamins take 1 tablespoon. daily. Children from 2 to 4 years old are given 0.5 tablets per day, after 4 years a whole tablet.
The course of administration is designed for 1 month, in old age it is recommended to take the supplement continuously.
Medications for adults: men
The vitamins of this series are designed for men aged 18 to 50 years. Preparations are created taking into account higher, in comparison with female, requirements for useful substances. They take into account the features of metabolic processes in the male body and increased physical activity.
- Centrum for men from A to zinc is a universal preparation with the most diverse content of substances and additives for their absorption.
- Centrum with lutein – a supplement of provitamin A is useful for increased stress on the organs of vision, intense mental work.
- Centrum Cardio – supports the work of the heart, prevents the development of dangerous conditions (heart attack, rhythm disturbance).
- Centrum Energy Plus – a drug for an active lifestyle or period of increased stress, contains ginseng extract.
Adults are recommended to take 1 tablet daily for 30 days. The tablet should be swallowed whole, washed down with water, during or after a meal. Centrum Cardio must be taken 1 tablet 2 times a day.
Vitrum Centrum for women from 18 to 50 years old is developed taking into account the peculiarities of the processes occurring in the woman’s body every month. Supplements contain 20 or more essential substances and components that help to absorb vitamins.
- Centrum for women from A to zinc is a basic vitamin supplement used to prevent diseases, maintain vitality.
- Centrum with lutein – substances lycopene and lutein protect the retina, preventing visual loss.
- Centrum liquid – a liquid with an orange flavor and high iron content is indicated to replenish regular blood loss during heavy menstruation.
Tableted forms should be taken in 1 pc. daily, liquid vitamins are prescribed 1 tablespoon. 1 per day. The course of admission lasts 1 month. These vitamin preparations should not be taken during pregnancy planning, gestation, breastfeeding.
During pregnancy and breastfeeding
Pregnancy and breastfeeding require the mother to increase the supply of nutrients. Vitamins are required for a woman to feel normal and have a healthy pregnancy, and a child for the growth and development of all organs.
Centrum Prenatal (may be called Centrum Materna) with a high
content of zinc and folic acid is recommended to be taken from the initial stages of pregnancy planning until the end of breastfeeding.
Vitamins for pregnant women contribute to the correct laying of the systems of the fetal organs, stabilize metabolic processes in the rapidly changing conditions of a developing pregnancy, and stimulate the production of breast milk.
Centrum vitamins are prescribed for the entire pregnancy. For women who are breastfeeding, it is possible to extend the course of admission in consultation with the doctor. The drug should be taken 1 time per day, 1 tablet / capsule with meals, washed down with plenty of water.
Vitrum Centrum for women and men after 50 years of age is prescribed for recovery from diseases, surgeries, replenishment of nutritional deficiencies and other conditions characteristic of an older age. Tablets of this series are coated with a special soft shell, they are easy to swallow.
- Centrum Silver – a universal drug contains key supplements to support the heart, memory, vision.
- Centrum Silver for men is a dietary supplement for men of the older age group with a high content of magnesium, vitamins D and B6 for the work of the heart and muscles.
- Centrum Silver for women – the drug was created for women over 50 years old, contains iron, calcium and antioxidants that relieve manifestations of menopause.
- Centrum Silver with Lutein – contains 4 times more lutein compared to Centrum Silver with Lutein for adults, which prevents the development of cataracts.
Vitamin supplements for people over 50 years of age are prescribed 1 tablet daily. In the absence of contraindications, vitamins are taken continuously, without interruption. The tablet should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. The drug can be taken regardless of food intake.
Drugs for children
Vitamin supplements for children meet the needs of a growing body. They contain 16 essential vitamins and minerals that provide growth, development and energy supply, depending on the age of the child.
- Centrum Children’s Extra – a basic drug for children from 2 years.
- Centrum Children’s Pro – used after 4 years, is used for preventive support of the body of frequently ill children.
Vitamins are prescribed for children – from 2 to 4 years, half a tablet daily, after 4 years, 1 tablet daily. The drug is taken with meals, washed down with water, the course of treatment is 1 month.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Centrum Chewable Vitamins
Fruit-flavored chewable tablets make the medication more enjoyable. Chewing vitamins are used not only for children who do not like regular tablets. Older people may find it easier to chew a tablet than swallow it whole.
- Centrum chewable tablets for adults – lozenges in the taste of cherries, blackberries or oranges contain a daily norm of vitamins B12, D and E.
- Centrum chewable tablets for women – they taste like fruits, contain more vitamin D and antioxidants compared to regular vitamins for women.
- Centrum chewable tablets for men – available with the taste of cherries, apples, blackberries. They contain vitaminD, which helps the absorption of calcium and increases the strength of skeletal muscles.
- Centrum Silver Chewable – Fruit lozenges contain vitamins E, D and B12. Designed to support the heart, brain, and bones at an older age.
- Centrum Children’s Extra with iron – prevents anemia, recommended for girls during puberty.
- Centrum Children’s Extra with Vitamin C – strengthens the immune system, is prescribed for often ill children.
- Centrum Children’s Extra with calcium – used for delayed physical development, rickets, increased fragility of bones.
- Centrum Multi + Beauty – the drug of the series for women improves the condition of the skin, nails, hair thanks to vitamins A, E, C and biotin.
- Centrum Multi + Omega Z – multivitamins with strawberry, lemon, orange flavor to support the work of the heart, brain, vision. Contain B vitamins, zinc and fatty acids.
Centrum chewable tablets are used in adults and children from 4 years old. Every day you need to carefully chew one tablet. If necessary, drink a little water. The standard course of fortification is 30 days.
In the Centrum series of vitamin preparations, there are products for men and women of all ages. However, no supplement can completely replace a balanced diet. The combination of healthy food and properly selected vitamin supplements will provide the body with energy for a full active life.
Video about Centrum vitamins
TOP vitamins from the USA. Centrum, SSC and others: