Dandruff can occur due to malnutrition, poor hair care or as a result of skin diseases, for example, fungal infections of the skin, eczema, dermatitis and other diseases. Also, the cause may be a mental overstrain of the body.
But there are universal inexpensive pharmacy and folk remedies for dandruff, which will help to cope with an unpleasant problem, even at home.
In pharmacies, you can find ready-made dandruff remedies in the form of ointments, pastes and balms. Their action is not only aimed at cleansing the skin of dandruff.
Using these tools, you can get rid of excessive oily hair or from excessive loss of hair.
- Sulsena. The drug has a therapeutic effect. Eliminates excessive sebum secretion. Effectively combats dandruff, and also strengthens hair roots. The active substance is selenium disulfide. It actively destroys fungi, has a disinfecting effect and cleanses the skin well. The drug is available in the form of paste, shampoo and oil.
- Salicylic ointment. The main effect of the ointment is aimed at eliminating the fungus, which causes peeling of the scalp. The ointment is effective for seborrhea and psoriasis. Apply it to dry hair roots with a thin layer. After half an hour, the ointment is washed off using shampoo. During the procedure, a slight burning sensation may occur. If it intensifies, the ointment needs to be washed off and no longer used. This is a sign of an allergic reaction to the drug.
- Zinc ointment – has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and healing effects. Also, zinc ointment dries the skin and hair, so it is used exclusively with any oils, such as fir, linseed, olive or ordinary lean. With the help of this ointment, oily seborrhea is treated. Apply the product only on dry hair. An hour after application, the ointment is washed off with warm water.
- Sulfur ointment – is an antiseptic that is used to treat dry dandruff. The drug has a disinfecting effect. In advanced cases, 33.3% ointment is used. To destroy dandruff of medium intensity, an ointment of 10 percent concentration will be enough. The ointment is rubbed into the roots of the hair, leaving only 5 minutes. After washing the hair with water. The duration of treatment should be a week. Then take a break for 1 day and again repeat the weekly course. It is better to use sulfuric ointment only if no other remedy has helped, since it adversely affects the hair. After treatment with this tool, you need to take a month-long course for hair restoration in order to avoid hair loss.
- Dermazole cream. The drug is effective for seborrheic dermatitis. It contains a substance called ketoconazole, which has an antifungal effect. In addition to dandruff, this cream treats pityriasis versicolor, epidermophytosis and candidiasis of the skin. The course of treatment should be at least 2 weeks.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
The remedy for dandruff at home can be in the form of shampoos. They are more familiar and easy to use.
In pharmacies, shampoos with medicinal properties are sold, and in cosmetic stores with a preventive effect.
- Nizoral. Antimycotic shampoo, which not only eliminates the external manifestations of the disease, but also treats the cause of their occurrence. Therefore, the results of treatment are usually stored for a long time. The main active ingredient is ketoconazole at a concentration of 2%. Shampoo is effective in cases of dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and pityriasis versicolor. It effectively eliminates itching, peeling and pigmentation on the head and neck. Nizoral is applied in the usual way and aged 5 minutes. Then the hair is washed with water. For the treatment of dandruff and dermatitis, it is necessary to wash your hair with the product 2 times a week for 2-4 weeks.
- Sebozol. The main active ingredient of this shampoo is also ketoconazole, at a concentration of 1%. It has an antifungal and antimicrobial effect on the scalp, eliminating both the symptoms and the causes of dandruff. Regular use of Sebazol will prevent relapses. After applying the composition to clean, wet hair, you need to keep the shampoo for 5 minutes. The course should consist of 2 stages. 1st – treatment – should last a month, use shampoo should be 2 times a week. 2nd – prevention – during this period, the drug is used 1 time per week.
- Keto plus. The active substances of ketoconazole shampoo (2%) and zinc pyrithione (1%). Zinc enhances the antifungal effect of the drug. Shampoo quickly relieves itching and peeling on the scalp. It is enough to wash your hair 2 times a week in the usual way, keeping the shampoo on your head for 3-5 minutes. Sometimes a side effect can be increased hair loss.
- Algopix. The main active ingredients of shampoo are tar and salicylic acid. Because of this, the product has a strong antifungal and antimicrobial effect. Salicylic acid also degreases skin and hair well. The shampoo has a sharp, not very pleasant smell, but copes well with its task. The best effect is achieved with complex treatment. Apply the composition to the hair for 5-10 minutes. Then it should be washed off with warm water. The use of Algopiks is contraindicated in the presence of wounds on the scalp. If a strong burning sensation is felt after application to the skin, the shampoo should be washed off immediately and not used until the damage is completely healed.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The remedy for dandruff at home can cope with the problem of dandruff no worse than salon procedures. One such remedy is soap.
- Tar. The tar soap of birch tar is only 10%, but a positive result will be even with severe dandruff. Soap has antifungal and anti-inflammatory effects. Tar also stimulates blood circulation, helps exfoliate scales and heals wounds on the scalp. Due to the drying effect, soap cannot be used more than twice a week, because it can aggravate the situation and dandruff, on the contrary, will increase. Soap foam is applied to the hair, it is impossible to soap the hair. Rub the foam into the skin for 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. It is important not to use hot water while washing your hair with tar soap, otherwise a coating will form, which is not easy to get rid of. After washing, it is better to use hair balm, so you can avoid excessive dryness and hair stiffness.
- Household. Using this soap, you can also achieve the desired result, but you should very carefully apply it. The laundry soap has a high concentration of alkali, and this is not safe for the hair. It can be used no more than 1 time per week. For prevention, wash your hair with laundry soap 1 time in 3 weeks. To prevent hair from drying out, after applying laundry soap, you need to apply a nourishing mask.
Traditional methods of getting rid of dandruff
Remedies for dandruff can be found in traditional medicine. They are easy to cook and use at home.
The most famous and effective are described below:
- Salt. This tool is used to destroy seborrheic manifestations. After the main washing of the head, it is required to grease the basal part of the hair with a handful of salt and usd it in a circular motion. Salt has a destructive effect on fungus and other microorganisms. Massage will help to exfoliate the scales and increase blood circulation in the scalp. Do the procedure 2-3 times a week. This method of getting rid of dandruff is not suitable for people with overdried scalp.
- Apple vinegar. Vinegar contains organic acids that cleanse the skin well and prevent the appearance of seborrhea. Apple cider vinegar improves the acid-base balance of the skin, destroys the fungus, which is often the source of dandruff. Vinegar also contains vitamins A, C, B groups, minerals, pectin and organic acids. These elements saturate the follicles, healing the hair. Vinegar (6%) is applied undiluted to the skin. After 15 minutes, it is washed off. Then you should wash your hair in the usual way.
- Lemon. Reduces the amount of sebum secreted, establishes an acid-base balance, this contributes to the disappearance of dandruff. Lemon also quickly relieves itching and removes the remnants of shampoos and other detergents that are not always washed to the end. One of the easiest methods to get rid of seborrheic manifestations is lemon sliced into thin slices. It must be applied to the head and usd their skin. The procedure should be carried out until the juice from the slices ceases to stand out. If the hair is dry, you need to moisturize the scalp after the procedure.
- Aspirin. It also helps in the fight against dandruff. Aspirin relieves inflammation, restores blood flow to the hair follicles, reduces the amount of fat secreted by the skin and prevents the fungus from spreading. With the help of aspirin tablets, you can get rid of dandruff, as well as dullness and hair loss. 4-5 tablets need to be crushed, add a little water to them to make a slurry, and apply on the head. Keep the composition for at least 20 minutes.
- Soda. One of the most affordable means of getting rid of dandruff. Soda does not irritate the skin, qualitatively eliminates the scales of dandruff, makes hair more docile and smooth. You need to take 1 tablespoon. soda and mix it with 2 tablespoon. water. The gruel is applied to the hair. You can add a little shampoo to the mixture.
- Bow. The constant use of a decoction of onion husks will help get rid of dandruff. A handful of husk is required to pour a glass of boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. When the liquid cools, it must be rubbed into the scalp. Onion peel not only eliminates dandruff, but also heals the skin, strengthens hair follicles and makes hair silky.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Dandruff Essential Oils
The remedy for dandruff at home can be prepared with essential oils. If you use the oil correctly, but you can forever forget about dandruff.
All oils are used in the same way: 4-5 drops of ether are added to a single dose of shampoo, the mixture is applied to the head and rubbed for 5 minutes, then washed off.
The best oils:
- Tea tree oil. This oil is a leader among all essential oils in the fight against manifestations of dandruff. It has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, and also actively fights against the fungus and cleanses the skin of impurities and old scales.
- Eucalyptus oil. This ether thoroughly cleanses and refreshes the skin, has an astringent, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect.
- Ylang-ylang oil – used for fungal infections of the scalp. Also, the oil will help eliminate hair loss and relieve inflammation.
- Juniper oil is a natural antiseptic, normalizes the release of sebum, and effectively cleanses the skin of impurities and flakes.
- Rosemary oil – used when dandruff occurs, in case of hair loss, to give hair elasticity and shine. This oil normalizes the amount of fat secreted by the scalp, cleanses it and relieves inflammation.
Homemade Mask Recipes
Complete elimination of dandruff can be achieved only if you apply the mask regularly and for a long time. After 1.5-2 months, you should take a break for the same period, and then repeat the course.
- Mask with garlic. Such a mask is suitable for the treatment of dry dandruff. It is better to do it on the weekend, because after it there is a pungent smell. For cooking, you need a head of garlic and a little burdock oil. Garlic is passed through a press and combined with butter. Then you need to grease the head with the composition and wrap it with plexus. After 2 hours, wash hair well with shampoo. It is recommended to flush twice.
- Mask with kefir. This mask will help get rid of dandruff and give your hair a natural shine. It is suitable for dry hair. It is necessary to take kefir and olive oil (3: 1) and add the yolk, removing the film from it. All mixed and applied to the head. Keep at least an hour. Then they wash their hair in the usual way.
Mask with aloe juice. Aloe juice treats dandruff. You need to cut 3-4 leaves from the bottom, wrap with paper and put in the refrigerator for 3 days. Then juice is squeezed out of
them and applied to the head. Rinse off the composition is not necessary.
Choosing the right plant and preparing a decoction from it, after 2-3 weeks of its use, you can achieve the desired result. At the same time, during treatment, expensive auxiliary agents will not be needed.
Such herbs as cope with the manifestations of dandruff and seborrhea:
- mother and stepmother;
- birch leaves;
When choosing a dandruff remedy for use at home, you need to consider the type of hair, as well as the type and cause of dandruff. Do not neglect the instructions for use. Improper use of the product can only aggravate the situation.
Anti Dandruff Video
Getting rid of dandruff at home: