Along with the fashionable novelties of decorative cosmetics, eye tattooing has gained great popularity. With it, you can make arrows with or without feathering, a shadow pattern or an inter-eyelash line. The result will remain for several years, it will look great in the photo and save a lot of time. However, the procedure has its contraindications and side effects.
- What is eyelid tattoo
- Advantages of tattooing the eyelids
- The disadvantages of tattooing the eyelids
- Indications for the procedure
- Is it possible to correct the overhanging eyelid with tattooing
- Feather tattoo
- Tattoo of intermuscular space
- What needles are used
- The main stages of the procedure
- How long does tattooing take
- Does it hurt to do
- How much is holding
- Laser correction
- Side effects
- Can I get a tattoo during pregnancy
- Mode and care after the procedure
- When can I add eyelashes after the procedure
- When can I visit the solarium
- How to remove eyelid tattoo
- Before and after photos
- Eye Shadow Tattoo Video
What is eyelid tattoo
Any tattooing is technically the introduction of a coloring pigment under the skin to create an aesthetic effect. When creating permanent eye makeup, the pigment is introduced to a depth of 2/32 inch. It lasts from 1 to 3 years. Of the pros, a variety of possible options should be noted, and of the minuses, the likelihood of side effects.
With the help of tattooing, you can draw an inter-sessile line, draw arrows on both the upper and lower eyelids, and even perform a shadow drawing in any color.
Tattooing can be corrected and removed, however, these are expensive procedures that are performed in several stages. Among the advantages of this service is the ability to correct the impending eyelid and asymmetry of the eyes.
Advantages of tattooing the eyelids
Tattooing with eye shading (the photo can be seen below), arrows or painting the inter-eyelash space are becoming increasingly popular.
This is due to a number of advantages of the procedure:
- Time saving. This is the most powerful argument in favor of using the services of a tattoo artist. Drawing neat arrows can take a lot of time and requires focus or the use of special stencils every time you want to get expressive eye makeup.
- Processing of the inter-ciliary space transforms the eyelashes, makes them more voluminous, and the look is more expressive. The effect is noticeable even when using only mascara.
- Permanent makeup really for a long time eliminates the need to tint eyelids. Correction in most cases is needed only after a few years.
- Properly made tattoo will help smooth the asymmetry of the eyes.
- There is no need to choose cosmetics that are suitable in quality from time to time that will not cause irritation.
The disadvantages of tattooing the eyelids
Any trend in the beauty industry has disadvantages that are important to consider when choosing the permanent makeup:
- Unpleasant sensations during the procedure. The use of pain medications is not able to completely stop them.
- Restoring the skin after such an injury takes time and requires special care.
- In some cases, a one-time loss of part of the eyelashes is possible.
Indications for the procedure
No matter how practical and versatile the tattoo may seem, not everyone needs it.
Indications include the following factors:
- Daily makeup. If necessary, pencils, eyeliners, shadows and a thick layer of mascara can be used almost every day.
- Rare long eyelashes. In this case, the processing of inter-eyelash space is a real lifesaver, and for a more dramatic effect it is worth making arrows that go beyond the line of the eye.
- Dynamic lifestyle. This implies the inability to monitor the condition of makeup and correct it during the day.
Is it possible to correct the overhanging eyelid with tattooing
If we understand the correction of the visual effect, then the tattoo of the eyelids can make such a defect less noticeable. For such specific purposes, it is better to choose a master who has in his portfolio examples of work with an impending century. It is possible to achieve the greatest result by applying at the same time the tattoo of the eyelids and eyebrows.
This type of tattoo is the most difficult. Much depends on the desired result. However, when choosing such a permanent make-up, it is worthwhile to prepare for the high cost of finance and time. The master will need to draw an arrow, which is the simplest part, and perform shading of the pigment in the necessary directions with the necessary intensity.
In this case, different colors can be used at the discretion of the client. Few people decide on this procedure, since women prefer to be able to diversify their style. Most often, women after 40 years of age who are confident in a certain make-up style come for a tattoo with shading.
Tattoo of intermuscular space
It may seem that inter-eyelash tattooing is simple and even a beginner can do it perfectly, because the pigment needs to be introduced along the line of eyelash growth between them. But even here it is better to trust an experienced master, since with proper execution such a tattoo will look like a thin natural line.
The purpose of processing the inter-ciliary space is the transformation of eyelashes, a visual increase in their density. Thick, uneven patches only spoil the view.
Arrows can be of different lengths, widths and shapes. In some cases, the design involves processing not only the upper, but also the lower eyelid. Most often, customers choose black paint for arrows. Wide dramatic lines attract few, because with such permanent makeup, it’s difficult to make diversity.
Thin arrows, on the contrary, are gaining popularity, their shape varies depending on the fashion, but still, more often, salon visitors are guided by the cut, color and shape of the eyes than by current trends.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for
lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
If in all previous cases the master’s experience and his technical skills are important, then with tattooing by shadows, a creative approach and the ability to see and correctly combine different shades of color are also necessary. Because of such high requirements, the procedure for applying permanent shadows is called an art permanent. It takes several hours and costs a lot.
In consultation with the master, you need to focus on the appropriate daytime makeup.
It would be unreasonable to make sharp dramatic transitions with bright shades, as this excludes the possibility of using bright or dark lipstick.
What needles are used
The main point that combines all the needles for permanent makeup is their disposability. It has already been proven that even with the most painstaking treatment there is a chance of infection. Therefore, this is the most important criterion by which you can pre-evaluate a potential master.
New needles are stored in sterile sealed packaging. They can have from 1 to 3 teeth depending on the tasks being solved. In addition, the needles can be arranged in a circle or line. The latter option is relevant for working with shading and wide arrows.
The main stages of the procedure
After preliminary cleansing, the master draws a line with a pencil, determining the desired stroke (if we are talking about arrows or shadow drawing). Then, lidocaine ointment under polyethylene is applied to the treated area. After half an hour, everything is completely cleaned and the introduction of paint begins.
From time to time, the master may apply an anesthetic and move from one eye to the other to adjust the lines. After completing the work, he wipes the skin with chlorhexidine for disinfection and applies Hydrocortisone.
How long does tattooing take
When planning an appointment for a permanent make-up procedure, it is useful to know that you will have to spend hardly more than an hour while processing inter-eyelash space. It takes a little longer to complete the arrows with or without feathering. A few hours may take an imitation of a shadow picture.
Does it hurt to do
Eye tattoo is palpable anyway. Local anesthesia with a lidocaine-containing drug can not completely eliminate unpleasant sensations. The most painful thing is to do makeup with shading, wide arrows are a little less painful. And the easiest option in this regard is the inter-ciliary line (all options are shown in the photo). Customers describe their sensations during such makeup as light tickling.
Prices for this service may vary depending on the city, the reputation of the salon, the experience of the master, however, you can focus on average prices.
Drawing an inter-ciliary line will cost from $ 34.
Approximately the same amount must be paid for the arrow on the lower eyelid, drawing on the upper eyelid will already cost from $ 54. Typically, starting at $ 68, prices for tattooing with shading begin. The cost varies depending on the quantity and quality of the consumable.
How much is holding
Permanent makeup is therefore called one that lasts for years. For a century, the minimum period is one year. Usually, such a period of tattoo wear is obtained from owners of oily and age-related skin of the eyelids. The average duration is 2 years. But the longest – 3 years – tattooing is worn by those whose skin is dry and not affected by age-related changes.
In addition, resistance is affected by:
- tanning intensity and UV protection;
- quality of applied cosmetics and care products;
- conducting other procedures.
Sometimes a tattoo may be of poor quality or the owner of a permanent make-up wants to change it a little. In this case, make a correction. A neodymium laser will help in this, which acts directly on the paint, bypassing the skin.
Light energy leads to overheating and explosion of pigment microparticles, which allows the body to remove smaller particles with lymphatic fluid.
Any tattoo of the eyes, whether it is a shading of shadows, arrows or an inter-eyelash line, is a violation of the integrity of the skin, so the procedure goes with consequences. They can be natural or heavy and have different causes. Unsuccessful options can also be seen in the photo before and after the procedure.
Side effects may include the following:
- Edema. Normally, it occurs a few hours after the procedure and begins to decrease almost immediately. If the side effect is too pronounced, you need to make sure the care is correct (it will be discussed below). Ointments and drops from edema recommended by the master should not be ignored (including Vizin). Severe and extensive edema needs a medical examination.
- Inflammation and suppuration are the result of either the negligence of the master (insufficient treatment of the skin and tools) or the entry of microbes into the affected areas. Panthenol-containing ointments help cope with inflammation; it is appropriate to alternate their application with dry compresses of ice wrapped in a towel. If pus is excreted, then after treatment with an antiseptic, you need to leave the eyelids clean for 20-30 minutes.
- Strengthening or the appearance of dark circles under the eyes indicates fragility of the vessels. In this case, experts recommend moderate the dose of decongestants and introduce more foods with a high content of vitamin C into the diet (citrus fruits, cabbage, rose hip, kiwi, etc.).
- Partial loss of eyelashes occurs in many. If this happens after processing the inter-ciliary space or when drawing arrows, do not worry. Over time, eyelashes will recover.
- Increased lacrimation can be observed within a day after the procedure. If a side effect persists for several days, the probability of infection is high.
Like any cosmetic procedure associated with trauma to the skin, tattooing also has a number of contraindications.
These include some diseases:
- oncological diseases;
- any infection;
- immunodeficiency virus;
- bronchial asthma;
- any formations at the alleged place of drawing;
- psychical deviations;
- serious nervous diseases (e.g., epilepsy);
- diseases of the cardiovascular sy
In addition, experts strongly advise to refrain from permanent makeup in the following conditions:
- lactation period;
- high blood pressure;
- low blood coagulability;
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Can I get a tattoo during pregnancy
At the moment, no studies have been conducted on the effect of coloring pigment for tattooing on the body of pregnant women. In addition, experts do not recommend during this period to do any procedures associated with the use of highly active substances, and permanent makeup paint also applies to these.
In addition, pregnant women can not use any anesthesia without emergency. And in some cases it is simply impossible to have a tattoo without it, since the skin and nerves of the pregnant woman become more sensitive.
Categorically it is impossible to go to the procedure in the first trimester due to the threat of a miscarriage.
As a reaction to the procedure, an increase in blood pressure, the development of acne and the appearance of skin irritation on the face are possible. In the second and third trimester, the procedure must be agreed with the supervisor.
Mode and care after the procedure
Care consists of the following actions:
- The first two weeks to prevent infection, you need to do an antiseptic treatment (for example, chlorhexidine) 2 times a day and apply Panthenol 1 time.
- The first 2 days you can not wet the tattooed skin.
- Makeup should be removed with micellar water or chlorhexidine.
- Throughout the healing process (2-3 weeks), direct sunlight must be avoided to prevent discoloration of the paint.
- Do not tape tattoo.
- It is necessary to refuse hormonal preparations, peeling, taking antibiotics in the first 3 weeks.
- Until the skin is completely restored, you can not apply cosmetics to the affected areas, use lotions and tonics, soak and tear off the crusts.
When can I add eyelashes after the procedure
Eye tattooing can be done by removing the extension of eyelashes. Shading shadows, elaboration of inter-eyelash space, arrows – all this can negatively affect the health of eyelashes. Do not rush with the second procedure.
You can re-grow, curl or color the eyelashes a month after the tattoo. Touched eyelashes with permanent makeup look especially impressive, as can be seen in the photo.
When can I visit the solarium
UV rays are dangerous for any tattoo, especially recent. In the best case, you can get irritation, in the worst – a violation of the contours and color of permanent makeup.
Experts advise visiting the solarium a month before the procedure and then only a month after.
To protect the healed tattoo you need to use special sticks with a high degree of protection SPF40. At the same time, it is necessary to apply the product with a thin brush to close only the area with makeup.
How to remove eyelid tattoo
Eyelid tattoo with an arrow, with shading or an inter-eyelash line can only be removed with a laser. However, it only affects the dark pigment. The beam first splits it in the upper layers of the skin, the crushed particles go into the bloodstream and leave the body naturally.
This procedure is painful and expensive. To completely get rid of tattooing, you need several approaches with an interval of 1-1.5 months. In the photo you can see the result of tattoo removal.
Before and after photos
Now masters offer different types of make-up: eyelid tattoo with arrows, an inter-eyelash line, with shading, showing photos of their work in the portfolio.
However, before deciding on such a procedure, you need to carefully weigh the pros and cons. And when choosing a salon, you should focus not on cheapness, but on the experience and reputation of the master.
Eye Shadow Tattoo Video
How to make a soft arrow with shading:
What you need to know about eye tattooing: