There can be many reasons for peeling the skin: from a lack of vitamins in the body or dehydration, to the negative impact of weather factors on it. Before starting the fight against dry face, you should find out and eliminate the causes of the disease.
If the cause is medical in nature, then a doctor’s consultation is necessary. But if no health problems have been identified, and the skin is still peeling, then you can get rid of this at home. What to do, cosmetologists explain.
Home Remedies for Peeling
There are a number of home remedies that allow for a short time to improve the condition of the epidermis and get rid of peeling. For this, scrubs and homemade masks are used, which are a good alternative to expensive cosmetics. It is important that face care is regular.
You can make such funds from simple products that are in every home. Before applying the product, the skin is thoroughly cleaned of keratinized particles.
If facial skin is peeling, cosmetologists recommend using vitamin masks that moisturize and nourish the skin, as well as improve their oxygen saturation.
To prepare a mask based on aloe, a mature plant is suitable, whose age exceeds 3 years. Squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from a juicy leaf, which is mixed with 1 small spoon of juice squeezed from grapefruit and 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
The mixture is applied to pre-cleansed skin along the lines of lymphatic flow and left for 15 minutes. After that, the mass is washed off with a decoction of pharmacy chamomile. To achieve maximum effect, this procedure is carried out at least 3 times during the week.
To prepare a mint mask, you can use both fresh and dried leaves of the plant, from which a decoction is prepared. After it is infused, gauze is soaked in it, which is applied for 20 minutes on the face. For the best effect, it is recommended to put steamed mint leaves on top of gauze.
Oatmeal mask can be used even for sensitive skin. For its preparation, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal and chamomile leaves, as well as 1 teaspoon of plantain leaves, are ground in a coffee grinder.
To the mass is added 1 small tablespoons of milk powder and warm water. The consistency of the mixture should resemble a not very thick sour cream. The mask is applied along the massage lines and aged for 10-15 minutes. The procedure is repeated daily until the peeling disappears.
Facial skin peels more often in winter, when the body experiences a lack of vitamins and a constant effect of cold on the epidermis. What to do at home to get rid of the problem, the specialist will tell.
Beauticians recommend nourishing the skin using a mask prepared on the basis of seaweed.
To do this, 2 small tablespoons of dry kelp are soaked in warm water and mixed with 1 tablespoon of glycerin and a few drops of orange oil.
The finished product is applied to problem areas for 20 minutes. Usually after 8-10 procedures, the skin becomes smooth and peeling disappears.
Dry skin is more prone to wrinkles. To prevent this, a mask with essential oils is used to nourish the skin and restore its elasticity. It is prepared from 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, almond essential oils and apricot kernels, taken 1 teaspoon each.
Cocoa powder is mixed with warm freshly brewed tea until the consistency of thick sour cream. Next, slightly warmed oils are added here. The mixture is applied to the skin, including under the eyes. The duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes. The course of therapy is at least 7-8 procedures.
Curd mask has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, effectively eliminates peeling and prevents skin pigmentation. Beauticians recommend using it in the winter.
To prepare the product, 2 tablespoons of well-mashed cottage cheese are mixed with 1 egg yolk and a few drops of patchouli oil. Apply the mass with a thick layer from the chin to the forehead. The session lasts 30 minutes. After removing the mask from the skin, it must be wiped with mineral water or a decoction of pharmacy chamomile.
Home-made preparations made from fruits, vegetables and other natural ingredients moisturize and nourish problem skin well, making recovery processes faster.
For a carrot mask, a grated vegetable mixed with 1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of high-quality olive oil is used (can be replaced with another unrefined vegetable).
To keep the mixture well on the skin, it must be applied to a piece of gauze. After 20 minutes, she is removed. In addition, you do not need to wash your face after the procedure.
At home, a mask made on the basis of glycerin is used if peeling the skin of the face. What will be required for this and how to make a mask, the cosmetologist will explain.
To do this, you need to mix 1 tablespoon of pharmacy glycerin with 1 small spoon of peach, apricot or grape seed oil, the same amount of warm boiled water and a few drops of ammonia.
After thorough mixing, the mass is applied overnight. In the morning, wash your face with warm water and apply a moisturizing cream.
An apple-honey mask is prepared from 1 medium-sized apple grated on a fine grater and 2 tablespoons of natural honey, which are mixed until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The product is applied to the cleansed face and aged for about 20 minutes, after which you need to wash with water without soap.
For an egg mask, you can use chicken or quail eggs. The yolk of 1 chicken or 2 quail eggs is mixed with 1 spoon of unrefined vegetable oil, the same amount of natural liquid honey and instant oatmeal. The finished product is applied to problem areas and washed off no earlier than 20-30 minutes.
To get rid of peeling on the face, it is necessary to rationalize nutrition and lifestyle, regularly take care of the skin.
Before starting cosmetic procedures, it is important to clean the upper stratum corneum of the epidermis well.
To do this, use scrubs. They can be bought at a pharmacy or store, as well as prepared on their own.
To make a coffee scrub fo
r peeling, you need to take a thickened brewed ground coffee, cottage cheese, sour cream and banana puree in equal parts. After mixing, the scrub is applied to the problem areas and rubbed in for several minutes. Further, the mixture is washed off with warm water, and a mask is applied to the face.
Cucumber scrub is used for delicate and irritated skin. It helps not only gently cleanse it, but also moisturize it.
To make it, a fresh cucumber is rubbed on a fine grater, which is mixed with 1 spoon of oatmeal or oatmeal. Before use, the mass needs time to brew. For this, 15-20 minutes are enough, after which you can begin to do peeling.
Care for problematic skin will not be complete if you do not use lotions. Its components effectively cleanse and moisturize the skin. Such a cosmetic product is used to wipe the face twice a day. The pharmacy offers a wide range of lotions, but they can be made independently.
For those with normal skin type, this remedy is suitable:
- 0,07 fluid ounce of salicylic acid is mixed with 0,41 fluid ounce of pharmacy glycerin and 1,01 fluid ounce of quality vodka;
- 1,01 fluid ounce of mint broth and 1 g of sodium tetraborate are added to the mixture;
- all components are mixed and used to wipe the face.
With dry skin, this lotion is suitable:
- juice from 1 medium lemon is mixed with 2,2 fluid ounce of heavy cream;
- 1 ampoule of vitamin A and 1 yolk of a chicken egg are added to the mixture;
- All components are mixed and stored in a cold place for no more than 5 days.
Those whose skin is prone to oily can use this tool:
- 3,38 fluid ounce of a decoction of pharmacy chamomile is mixed with juice from half an average grapefruit, 0,85 fluid ounce of camphor alcohol and 1,35 fluid ounce of quality vodka;
- 0,03 fluid ounce of tocopherol is added to the mixture and everything is infused for at least 4 hours;
- after filtering, the drug is ready for use.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
At home, preparations are being prepared that help eliminate dryness and get rid of the condition when the skin of the face peels off. However, there are times when they give only a temporary effect.
Dermatologists are advised to undergo a medical examination, because the cause may be quite serious and require long-term treatment. Depending on what caused the dry skin, antihistamines or drugs for external use with a moisturizing effect can be prescribed.
Such ointments have a good effect:
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory ointment Hydrocortisone . It is spotted on problem areas. It is important that the course of treatment does not last more than 2 weeks, otherwise it may develop addiction to the drug and disruption of the internal organs.
- Ointment ” Aquaphor ” is prescribed to quickly eliminate peeling of the skin. It owes its effect to petrolatum, hard paraffins and a mixture of essential oils that make up its composition.
- ” Dexpanthenol ” is an absolutely safe drug that has anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties. Included in its composition, vitamin B is able to penetrate deeply into the layers of the skin and accelerate cellular metabolism in them. Apply it with a thin layer on problem areas.
- ” Bepanten ” has a good moistening and a reducing effect. It is used to prevent peeling.
- Zinc ointment eliminates dryness and has a wound healing effect.
In addition to medical products to eliminate facial skin, you can use cosmetic products, including creams and lotions:
- Cream ” La Cree “. The drug is made from natural ingredients (extracts of avocado, string, walnut and violet), bisabolol and panthenol. It eliminates peeling and dryness. To do this, the cream is applied twice a day in a thin layer to problem areas.
- Cream ” Losterin ” has an exfoliating effect, eliminates the sensation of itching and relieves inflammation. The main components of the drug are salicylic acid, D-Panthenol, castor and almond oils. To quickly get rid of unpleasant symptoms, the cream needs to be applied several times a day with a thin layer to places where peeling is observed.
- Cream “ Lipobase ” according to reviews quickly eliminates dryness and itching, softens and restores damaged skin. It is created exclusively from components of natural origin (jojoba oil, avocado, shea butter, bogaro and olive), so it can be used for a long time.
- Moisturizing cream “ Topping ”. The cream contains hyaluronic acid, urea, shea butter and vitamin E, which quickly saturate the cells with moisture and prevent further peeling of the skin.
What to do if the skin of the face peels, and the procedures carried out at home did not give the expected result, – dermatologists will tell.
In such cases, the help of a qualified cosmetologist will be required. Using salon procedures, it is possible to moisturize the epidermis, remove dead cells and restore their natural state. For this, a specialist can prescribe such procedures:
- Masks with Aquaphor, which help saturate the cells with oxygen and the necessary moisture. The procedure is addictive, therefore it is used in short courses, not exceeding 14 days.
- Mesotherapy The procedure is to saturate the cells with hyaluronic acid. This substance is produced by the skin cells themselves, but sometimes its synthesis may be impaired. In this case, cosmetologists conduct mesotherapy, when the substance is injected into the deep layers of the dermis. Usually, the effect is noticeable after 3 sessions. The only drawback of the procedure is its high cost and discomfort during the injection.
- Chemical fruit peeling. For its imple
mentation, a complex of light fruit acids is used, which carefully remove the upper keratinized layer of cells. Immediately after such peeling, itching and other unpleasant sensations disappear, and the cells quickly recover and regenerate.
- Mechanical peeling – removal of dead cells using a special apparatus.
- Biorevitalization consists of injecting hyaluronic acid and other biologically active substances into the skin.
The duration of salon procedures is determined individually and depends on the degree of skin damage and the characteristics of the body. After them, a sufficiently long recovery is required.
Over the next 10-15 days, it is important to avoid skin contact with direct sunlight.
The upper layer of the epidermis is covered with a crust for several days, which gradually disappears, and the face takes on a healthy and clean look.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Skin Care Essentials
To ensure that the skin of the face always looks perfect and does not undergo peeling, it is important to properly care for it. Cosmetologists give such recommendations regarding care:
- Twice a day (morning and evening) you need to wash your face with cool water. It is not recommended to do this with warm, and even more with hot water, since high temperatures can cause the upper layer of the epidermis to dry out, as a result of which it becomes susceptible to redness and peeling.
- In the morning for washing, it is advisable to use decoctions of medicinal herbs (chamomile, series, sage, calendula, etc.). In order to cook them, you need to pour 40 g of dried plants with 0,3 gallon of boiling water, then insist until cool. Here you can add a few drops of rosemary or rose essential oils. You can prepare a decoction in the evening, and by morning he will have time to well brew.
- You can not use soap for washing. For this procedure, you should choose a cosmetic product suitable for a particular type of skin with a moisturizing effect (foam, gel or milk). It is important that they do not contain alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, acetylsalicylic acid or activated carbon.
- Air in a house or other room must be humidified. If there is no special humidifier, then you can periodically spray thermal water. In the cold season, when central heating batteries contribute to the drying of the air in the room, they are recommended to hang them with a wet towel.
- For fans of tanning beds or tanning, it is necessary to lubricate the face with special protective agents with UV filters before the procedure. When going outside in the summer, you should protect your face from direct sunlight with a wide-brimmed hat or other headgear.
- It is recommended to use a scrub no more often than 1 time in 7-10 days, especially for those whose skin is dry and prone to drying out, then a harmless procedure carried out at home can cause an inflammatory process. For problematic skin, it is better to choose special gentle products with small exfoliating particles.
- Having noticed peeling, do not try to tear off particles of the epidermis, since there is a risk of infection of microcracks and the development of the inflammatory process in the epidermis.
- Before buying any cosmetic product, it is important to familiarize yourself with its composition. They should not contain alpha hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide or retinol. Such substances can cause even more drying of the dermis and a sensation of itching.
- It is best to choose cosmetics made on the basis of natural ingredients. It is good if they will contain vitamin A, E and group B, aloe extract, olive and other natural oils and proteins.
- When peeling the skin on the face, you need to abandon any means with the effect of tanning.
- Several times a day, face skin should be wiped with lotion. To restore the water balance of the epidermis, special serums are used. At the end of the procedure, a suitable nourishing cream is applied to the face.
- Before going to bed, all makeup should be removed from the face so that the skin can fully breathe. Apply a nourishing cream no later than 2 hours before bedtime. When the first signs of dryness appear, a few drops of vitamins A and E can be added to the cream. Such a tool is applied with gentle rubbing movements in the affected areas. Excess cream should be removed from the face with a soft cloth.
- Facial skin care products should be selected not only based on age, but also in accordance with the time of year. In winter, creams that are able to protect the skin from the negative effects of frost and wind should be preferred. In the summer, it is important to use products that contain a special ultraviolet filter. Any cream should be applied no later than 30 minutes before going outside.
- What to do at home if the skin peels off in the summer. In the hot season, peeling can cause prolonged exposure to dry air or in the open sun. Therefore, after arriving home, it is recommended to apply a cold compress with mineral water or decoctions of medicinal herbs on the face.
To avoid problems with flaky skin, it is important to learn how to properly care for it. It requires daily cleansing and nutrition. Once a week, it is important to peel and apply a mask suitable for a specific skin type.
Video recipes for peeling facial skin at home:
Video on how to quickly get rid of peeling skin: