Dandruff is a pathological process in the scalp on the scalp, causes discomfort and requires proper treatment. One of the effective means in treating the problem is considered special shampoos against dandruff and to improve the epidermis.
- Properties of medicated dandruff shampoos
- Advantages and disadvantages of shampoos
- Zinc Products
- With sulfuric and salicylic acid
- With tar
- How to choose a treatment shampoo in a pharmacy
- Top 13 effective healing shampoos
- Keto Plus
- Sulsen Forte
- Dermazole (Dermazole)
- Seborin for oily hair
- Tar tar shampoo
- Ducray Kelual DS
- Vichy Dercos
- One hundred recipes of beauty “Tar”
- The best dandruff shampoos for daily use:
- Himalaya Herbals for Oily Hair
- Shampoo-tonic Sorcerer “Prevention of dandruff”
- Mirrolla Sulsen Forte – Dandruff Prevention Shampoo
- Popular shampoos for men
- Safe Dandruff Shampoos for Kids
- How to apply and rinse shampoo
- How many times can a dandruff shampoo be used per week
- Is it possible to use hair balm after dandruff shampoo
- The course of treatment shampoo
- When the result will be visible
- What to do if dandruff increases after use
- How to determine whether a quality shampoo
- Video about dandruff shampoos
Properties of medicated dandruff shampoos
A large assortment of shampoos, which are sold in specialized cosmetic stores, helps only with the prevention of the disease. For proper treatment, it is necessary to select a whole range of tools. It includes pharmacy shampoos for dandruff.
Medical shampoos are not intended for daily use, but alternate with the use of cosmetic shampoos.
The main healing properties include:
- directed action to eliminate the causative agent of the disease and to prevent complications;
- antifungal components;
- bactericidal properties;
- anti-inflammatory effect;
- elimination of excessive peeling in the affected area of the scalp.
Advantages and disadvantages of shampoos
For the treatment of dandruff in the compositions of shampoos, different sets of components are used, which together can help in the fight for the health of the scalp. Depending on the degree of dermatitis and its neglect, doctors are advised to choose an individual course of treatment.
The most common anti-dandruff ingredients include substances such as:
- salicylic acid;
- shampoo with zinc has a complex effect on the disease;
- stimulates the active growth of new hairs;
- possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect;
- the main mass of people is suitable for this particular type of shampoo, since it does not cause an allergic reaction;
- the cost is significantly lower than that of competitors.
- individual allergic reaction to the components in the shampoo;
- quick addiction;
- does not help with acute or advanced form of dermatitis.
With sulfuric and salicylic acid
- salicylic acid in the shampoo helps cleanse scalp from dead cells;
- has a strong antifungal effect;
- prevents excessive sebum production;
- promotes the renewal of dead cells.
- not suitable for dry hair, as well as for brittle and prone to hair loss;
- shampoo is able to dry the scalp;
- allergic reaction to certain components.
Tar, which is obtained by processing birch bark, has a beneficial effect on the scalp and actively fights dandruff.
- helps to increase the density of hair;
- helps to improve blood circulation;
- eliminates the problem of excessive work of the sebaceous glands.
- unpleasant odor;
- increased dryness of the head;
- quick addiction.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How to choose a treatment shampoo in a pharmacy
When choosing an effective dandruff shampoo, you must consider that this tool should:
- have a complex effect on the scalp. Shampoo should dry the skin, cope with excessive oily scalp and rid of dead particles;
- shampoo should contain antifungal components. These include pyrithione or zinc;
- the composition should contain natural ingredients, and not contain fragrances.
Top 13 effective healing shampoos
Choosing the right shampoo begins with a preliminary determination of the type of hair:
To determine the causes of dandruff, the best option is to consult a dermatologist. The doctor will conduct the necessary studies to determine the causes and give the necessary advice on the preferred choice of the drug.
Contains substances that inhibit the development of fungi – ketoconazole and zinc pyrithione. It is used for seborrheic dermatitis and lichen.
Shampoo, which includes an extract of burdock root and sulsen. It inhibits the vital activity of bacteria, strengthens the hair follicles. The course of treatment is 1 month. It is especially worth noting that when using the drug, skin irritation and itching disappear after 1 to 2 sessions.
When applied, the drug is applied to the hair and aged for 3 minutes. The procedure is repeated to achieve a therapeutic effect. Frequency of use 1 time per week.
A drug in great demand, which contains ketoconazole. It affects various types of fungi. In addition to treating dandruff, experts recommend using it for itching and irritation of the scalp.
When applied, the drug is applied to the head and aged for 5 minutes. Then it is washed off with water. The frequency of use is 3 times a week. The course of treatment is 2-3 months.
The drug is a highly effective treatment for dandruff. Used 2 times during the week. Contains ketoconazole, which inhibits the vital activity of fungi. It is also able to reduce skin itching, blocking the development of inflammatory processes. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Seborin for oily hair
The composition of this German therapeutic shampoo includes the components necessary to combat dandruff:
caffeine. This component increases blood circulation, which helps to increase the density of hair a
nd their nutrition;
- salicylic acid. It contributes to the normalization of the natural balance of the scalp;
- vitamins and minerals. They are able to nourish the hair necessary for their health.
In the complex, these components have an effective effect on the fungus, completely eliminating it. The course of treatment is from 3 weeks.
A relatively new drug in cosmetic stores and pharmacies.
In its composition contain:
- ketoconazole. This substance effectively fights fungus;
- lemon acid. A component that controls the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands;
- glycerol. It has an effect on the fungus.
Helps with psoriasis and deprivation, increases skin sensitivity, speeds up metabolism. Frequency of use – no more than 2 times a week. The general course of treatment is designed for 1 month.
Tar tar shampoo
It contains birch tar, which in turn favorably affects the general condition of the skin. Thanks to the effects of glycerin and coconut oil, it eliminates itching and irritation.
The basis of the drug are herbal components with the addition of medicinal substances. It is recommended for psoriasis, dermatitis and dandruff.
The composition of Fitoval includes:
The extracts of rosemary and arnica contained in the preparation suppress inflammatory processes and improve blood circulation.
Panthenol partially neutralizes the side effects of the active components. Frequency of use – 2 times a week. The duration of treatment for diseases of seborrhea is from 4 to 16 weeks, psoriasis is from 8 to 12 weeks.
Contains nasturtium, salicylic acid, which is able to suppress the vital activity of fungi, helps to narrow pores, restore cells.
Ducray Kelual DS
Contains keluamide, cyclopiroxolamine, zinc pyrithione and betaine. Suppresses the development of fungi, helps to remove dead cells. The course of treatment is carried out for 2 months.
French drug with a mild effect on the skin. It helps relieve irritation and itching after the first use.
It is recommended for daily use by women and men with increased oily scalp.
One hundred recipes of beauty “Tar”
Includes natural ingredients that help restore hair while fighting fungus.
These components include:
- peppermint oil;
- Birch tar;
- extract from oak bark;
- lemon juice.
This drug with ketoconazole is one of the best anti-dandruff drugs.
In its composition, it contains such components as:
- Vitamin B5 This provitamin is able to create a film for each hair, providing protection against external adverse factors;
- collagen. He is able to completely restore the structure of the hair, returning them to a healthy look;
- lanolin. This substance helps maintain the natural water balance of the scalp;
- hydrolyzate . This component strengthens hair follicles, preventing loss;
- ketoconazole. This substance is an active ingredient in the fight against dandruff.
The best dandruff shampoos for daily use:
This dandruff shampoo is effective in its prevention. The drug is produced in Belarus, which includes components: D-panthenol, aloe extract, pyroctonolamine. Normalizes fat composition, softens hair. Used as an effective remedy for dandruff.
The preparation, which includes: chamomile extract, castor oil, tar, vitamins PP and F. Favorably affects hair growth, removes excess fat, and inhibits hair loss.
Himalaya Herbals for Oily Hair
This therapeutic shampoo not only eliminates dandruff, but also nourishes the hair, enriching it with useful components.
The composition of this shampoo includes:
- tea tree extract. This component is one of the most effective in combating fungus;
- rosemary. This extract is a natural anti-inflammatory component;
- sandalwood. This plant helps eliminate itching and dry scalp;
- lemon. Lemon helps fight excess oily scalp, which is the cause of dandruff.
Shampoo-tonic Sorcerer “Prevention of dandruff”
In its composition, this product contains 2 plant components:
- burdock. This plant effectively fights against dry dandruff;
- hop. It helps maintain healthy hair by actively nourishing it.
All other components are completely synthetic in origin, which harms the general condition of the scalp.
But this shampoo is very effective in preventing dandruff. Dermatologists recommend alternating this tool with shampoo for daily use. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Mirrolla Sulsen Forte – Dandruff Prevention Shampoo
This shampoo is fully approved by specialists for daily use. In its composition, it contains many plant components that help normalize the state of hair follicles.
To prevent dandruff, shampoo contains selenium disulfide. This component is a synthetic substance, which is an undeniable disadvantage of this brand.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Popular shampoos for men
Dermatologists around the world recommend that men use men’s shampoos against dandruff. This is due to the different PH balance of the scalp. In men, it is significantly lower than in women.
Also, the male sebaceous glands work several times more actively than the female ones. Therefore, men’s shampoo is able to sufficiently block the excessive work of the sebaceous glands and not damage the skin.
The most popular brands include:
- Clear Vita Abe is one of the most effective anti-dandruff shampoos. As part of it, it has many components that actively fight dandruff and have a calming effect. This brand is the only one that produces shampoo and balm in one product.
- Head & Shoulders – a popular brand that produces anti-dandruff products for daily use. The shampoo contains many natural ingredients, vitamins and minerals that have a beneficial effect on the restoration of the regenerating function of the epidermis.
Safe Dandruff Shampoos for Kids
Dandruff appears in adolescent children. This is due to hormonal changes in the body. Conventional anti-dandruff shampoos can cause a severe allergic reaction and lead to a greater spread of fungus on the scalp.
When choosing a shampoo for dandruff in childhood, it is necessary to select hypoallergenic drugs. One of the popular brands of baby shampoos of this type is Bubchen.
It contains only natural herbs and does not contain fragrances, which can lead to an allergic reaction.
Friederm is a series of anti-dandruff baby shampoos that contain different active ingredients. You need to use it 2 times a week, thoroughly rinsing with warm water.
How to apply and rinse shampoo
For effective treatment, the correct use of a dandruff shampoo is important. It is necessary to apply shampoo to wet hair. Next, you need to foam the product and rinse with water at room temperature. Repeat a second time. Avoid contact with eyes. After application, the hair can be dried with a hairdryer.
How many times can a dandruff shampoo be used per week
Anti-dandruff shampoo is a remedy. Its frequent use can lead to overdrying of the scalp and exacerbate the problem. For treatment, shampoo should be applied no more than 2 times a week. For preventive purposes – 1 time per week.
Is it possible to use hair balm after dandruff shampoo
Experts recommend the use of balms after shampoos for dandruff, because such funds excessively dry the scalp to get rid of the fungus. Balm is able to moisturize and restore damaged hair. It must be applied to the entire length, but not to the hair roots. Then rinse with water.
The course of treatment shampoo
Regardless of the brand of shampoo for dandruff, an effective course of treatment is at least 1 month. At the end of this period, it is necessary to use this shampoo for preventive purposes for 2-3 months. They need to wash their hair once a week, alternating with shampoo for daily use.
When the result will be visible
The result will be noticeable after a week of applying medical shampoo. Complete elimination of the infection occurs after 3 weeks.
What to do if dandruff increases after use
This can happen if the course of treatment is incorrectly selected or if it is used incorrectly. For treatment within a month, you can use only therapeutic shampoo and balms. It is strongly not recommended to use regular shampoo for frequent use during this period.
It is also necessary to change the brand of shampoo to one where the active substance is completely different. Perhaps this type of fungus has adapted to a certain substance.
How to determine whether a quality shampoo
To determine the need to monitor the condition of the hair. If after a week of use the result is not noticeable, then you should buy a new shampoo. When choosing, try to pay attention to the composition.
In addition to an antifungal substance, an effective dandruff shampoo should contain natural herbs, which are also an integral part in the fight for healthy hair. Also, the composition should not be perfumes and artificial fillers.
An anti-dandruff shampoo is effective only if it has been correctly selected by a specialist. For the treatment of fungus, it is better to consult a dermatologist. When buying shampoo in a pharmacy, you should pay attention to the composition.
When choosing a therapeutic shampoo, it is better to be guided not by price, but by the components of the therapeutic agent. Remember that good dandruff shampoos should contain a lot of plant components, and not contain synthetic substances. For the treatment of fungus, it is better to consult a dermatologist.
Video about dandruff shampoos
Effective dandruff shampoos. Laboratory analysis:
The most effective and inexpensive anti-dandruff shampoo: