The problem of hair, oily at the roots, can overshadow the mood of the owner of both long and short curls. Its primary source is able to hide in completely different factors: from malnutrition, to a mask that is not suitable for a particular type of hair.
In any case, this problem must be solved, because oily hair creates a sense of sloppiness for its mistress and significantly spoils the appearance of any beauty.
- Causes of Oily Roots and Dry Hair Tips
- UV exposure
- Wind exposure
- Hair Dryer
- Exposure to curling and ironing
- Exposure to cosmetics
- Hair dye
- Hair Fixer
- Exposure to water temperature when washing your hair
- Home treatment
- Mask with egg yolks and liquid honey
- Mustard mask
- Mask with lemon, aloe and honey
- Clay mask for hair roots
- Mask for dry split ends
- Mask with potato starch
- Mask with cottage cheese
- Mask with tomato juice
- Scrub for oily hair roots
- Oil for oily scalp and dry hair
- Shampoo for oily scalp and dry hair
- Balm for oily scalp and dry hair
- Rules for applying masks for oily hair and dry tips
- Tips for protecting hair from oily skin
- Prevention of oily hair at the roots and dry ends
- The opinion of experts
- Video about the causes and methods of treating oily hair at the roots
Causes of Oily Roots and Dry Hair Tips
Oily hair at the roots is not the worst problem. It is much worse if this misfortune resonates with dry tips. In such a situation, choosing a treatment is much more difficult. But to do this, you must first determine the root cause. This will help not to mask the flaw, but to defeat it as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The causes of combined hair include the following factors:
- genetic predisposition;
- increased level of sebum production;
- insufficient frequency of hygiene procedures;
- improperly selected cosmetics;
- hairdressing procedures (styling, curling, etc.) without the use of protective equipment;
- the use of professional hairdressing equipment on an ongoing basis;
- hormonal failure in the body;
- improper nutrition;
- metabolic disease;
- frequent staining, especially with persistent paints;
- excessive exposure to ultraviolet radiation;
- deficiency of vitamins in the body (especially vitamins A, E, B).
Despite the fact that being in the sun is beneficial, since it synthesizes the production of vitamin D in the body, one should not forget that tanning also has a downside – the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation in large quantities.
So, in the hair, constantly exposed to sunlight, protein chains are destroyed , and a state of amino acid deficiency is formed . This leads to the fact that the curls become brittle, brittle. The process of sectioning the hair is activated. As a result, the problem of dry tips appears.
In addition, constant exposure to the sun without hats heats the scalp and opens the pores of the sebaceous glands, enhancing the production of sebum, as a protective mechanism from drying out the skin. Thus, the girl gets a second problem – fat content at the roots.
Two small features should be noted:
- brunettes can spend longer in the open sun than brown-haired women and especially blondes.
- the more exposure hair was previously exposed to (color wash, perm, lightening, etc.), the shorter the time it takes to be safely exposed to sunlight.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
In the process of obtaining mistress hair, oily at the very roots, dry ends, the wind plays two roles: direct and indirect.
Direct adverse effects. A strong wind (this especially applies to cold wet or, conversely, very hot and dry) drains the scalp, thinning the natural water-fat shell of the hair. Without its protective shell, the curls become thin and brittle, quickly break and lose volume, and are strongly split. As a result, dry ends and damaged hair structure.
Indirect adverse effects.
In a strong wind, a hairstyle styled even by the most powerful product deteriorates and loses its shape. Girls have to resort to an increase in the number of styling products applied to the hair in order to maintain their desired shape. All these varnishes and mousses create a film that covers the surface of the head and prevents the skin from breathing, which leads to increased sweating. As a result, an increase in the oiliness of the skin and hair on the roots. In addition, styling products make hair heavier, which leads to brittleness and cross-section from additional load (especially if the curls were weakened earlier by any effects). As a result – dry ends and split ends.
First of all, the thermal effect of the hair dryer affects the hair cuticle. The hair dryer destroys it and opens it to the middle. As a result, lifeless and brittle curls.
Secondly, the temperature of the hair dryer destroys keratin – the main constituent element of healthy and beautiful hair, which sticks together the horn particles, forming a flat and smooth surface. In the absence of this substance, the hair becomes brittle and begins to split.
A hair dryer can also be blamed for the occurrence of a problem of the appearance of hair with a greasy shine at the roots, since the work of the sebaceous glands of the scalp destabilizes with frequent strong heating. They begin to produce increased amounts of sebum to protect hair from exposure to the device. As a result, the hair at the roots quickly becomes greasy and does not look attractive.
Exposure to curling and ironing
Curling ironing is very popular among modern beauties: the first is created in order to receive chic curls and waves, and the second – to create a perfectly straight smooth hair.
But, despite the diametrically opposite result of the application, the harm to the hair from both of these tools is equally high, since the principle of operation is based on exposure to high temperatures and pressure. High temperatures evaporate water from the hair, which becomes brittle and brittle.
Dehydrated strands, often subjected to such styling, become lifeless and dull.
A greasy condition at the roots of the hair can also be a consequence of the use of ironing and curling, because when used at a close distance from the head, the skin heats up, steams up and the production of sebum increases.
However, all these possible troubles can be avoided: when choosing a device, you should pay attention to its power (measured in watts (W)). The higher this figure, the more harmful the device is for hair, but the faster the desired result is obtained.
In order to protect the hair when working with irons, curling irons and other similar tools, it is necessary to use heat-protective means to minimize the damage to the hair.
Exposure to cosmetics
You need to understand the benefits and harms of popular cosmetics using the most common formulations as examples.
With frequent use of shampoo, the nat
ural acid-base balance of the scalp is disturbed. As a result, painful and brittle hair.
When dyeing hair, the natural pigment of the color is etched by the substances that make up the paint.
The staining procedure is a tremendous stress for the hair, and the higher the resistance and coloring ability of the composition, the more harm. As a result of the use of coloring compounds, lifeless and brittle hair.
Any means of fixation envelops the hair, preventing it from breathing and synthesizing vitamin D. As a result, dull hair is dry at the ends.
In order to choose minimally harmful cosmetic products, you need to have a good understanding of their constituent elements:
- Lauryl sodium sulfate – destroys the fatty film on the surface of the scalp. Causes itching, peeling, hair loss;
- Diethanolamine and Triethanolamine (DEA and TEA) – cause irritation of the scalp;
- Parabens – cause itching of the scalp;
- Glycerin – leads to the drying of the scalp, causes heterogeneity and color unevenness when dyeing hair;
- Kaolin – dries the skin.
Exposure to water temperature when washing your hair
An important factor in caring for oily hair at the roots and dried at the ends of the hair is the selection of the optimal water temperature when washing the head.
It is undesirable to use very cool (below 20 ° C) or very hot (above 40 ° C) water for washing your hair :
- cold water cannot completely wash away shampoo, balm and other cosmetics. After washing, a foreign layer will remain on the hair and scalp, which prevents the access of oxygen. As a result – fat content at the roots of the hair;
- hot water stimulates the glands responsible for the production of sebum. As a result, greasy hair.
Trichologists recommend the use of warm water (from 30 ° C to 40 ° C). After complete washing off of all cosmetics, you can rinse your hair with cool water (below 20 ° C). This will be a kind of hardening for the scalp: it will help to establish vascular tone and optimize the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The following remedies will be good for treating hair:
- yeast masks;
- rinsing with a decoction of quince juice;
- rinsing with birch, nettle, oak, linden, decoctions, as well as decoctions of coltsfoot, plantain and St. John’s wort;
- rubbing aloe juice into the scalp;
- use of mustard powder or soda instead of shampoo;
- the use of lotions made with lemon juice;
- switch to a diet low in fat;
- refusal to wash your hair with hot water;
- avoidance of stressful situations.
From this list, the simplest and fastest tool will be masks.
Mask with egg yolks and liquid honey
This mask gives the hair a well-groomed appearance, relieves itching and irritation on the skin, reduces the manifestation of static electricity.
- 1 part honey
- 1 part egg yolk.
The components are mixed in a clean bowl and distributed over the entire length of wet pre-washed hair. Mask exposure time – 20 min. To increase the effectiveness of warming the head with a bath towel.
The mask perfectly absorbs excess fat and cleanses the scalp from dirt and keratinized cells. The dairy product in the composition will protect against the aggressive effects of mustard and give shine and silkiness to the hair. This composition enhances blood circulation at the roots of the hair and makes the hair stronger and thicker.
- 2 parts kefir or yogurt;
- 1 part mustard;
- ? parts of any cosmetic oil (peach, almond, apricot, etc.).
The components are mixed in a clean bowl and distributed on all unwashed hair before this procedure for 40 minutes. After the end of the allotted time, the head should be washed well.
Mask with lemon, aloe and honey
It is a soft and well-nourishing composition with a wonderful aroma. Aloe juice moisturizes curls, lemon juice dries oily skin, and castor oil activates hair growth, and honey is taken care of by strands, giving them a radiant look.
- 1 part agave juice (aloe);
- 1 part liquid honey;
- ? parts of castor oil (can be replaced with a similar vegetable oil);
- ? pieces of lemon juice.
The ingredients are mixed in a clean bowl and distributed over all previously washed and slightly moistened strands. The exposure time of the product is 40 minutes.
Clay mask for hair roots
With increased fat content of the scalp, masks based on green clay are perfect, as it nourishes the scalp with minerals and at the same time dries it. This tool optimizes the production of sebum, in addition, it narrows and deeply cleanses the pores, relieves itching and irritation, nourishes the hair follicles and activates hair growth.
- 2 parts of clay diluted with drinking water to a porridge-like consist
- 1 part lemon juice.
The product must be rubbed directly into the scalp, after washing the hair. The exposure time of the therapeutic agent is 20 minutes. At the end of exposure, the mask should be washed off with cold water.
Mask for dry split ends
This mask has a strengthening and moisturizing effect, and also nourishes the scalp. The egg yolk, which is part of the mask, has a prolonged protective effect.
- 1 egg
- ? avocado.
Beat the egg in a separate pan. The flesh of the avocado is mixed to a mushy state in a clean container. Further, both components are mixed. The mask should be applied to dry hair, and the head is wrapped in a warming cap to enhance the action of active substances.
Mask with potato starch
Starch is effective as a component that regulates the production of sebum.
- 3 parts of liquid honey;
- 1 part starch;
- ? parts of lemon juice.
The components are mixed in a clean bowl and applied to the scalp. The duration of the mask is 40 minutes. The composition must be washed off with a large volume of water.
Mask with cottage cheese
Many dairy products are used for the preparation of therapeutic compositions for hair at home. The most widely used of them were cottage cheese and kefir. This tool softens the dried ends of the hair, reduces the cross section and gives the curls a gloss and gloss.
- 8 tablespoons of cottage cheese (less than 5% fat content);
- 8 tablespoons of kefir.
The composition is applied to dry locks for 60 minutes. After the end of the procedure, the mask must be washed off with any usual detergent composition.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Mask with tomato juice
This mask has a complex effect. On the one hand, it dries oily scalp, and on the other, nourishes dry tips.
- 1 cup tomato juice;
- ? tablespoons of lemon juice.
The ingredients must be mixed and applied to dry strands. The duration of the therapeutic effect is 30 minutes. At the end of time, the mask should be washed off with warm water.
Scrub for oily hair roots
To enhance the effect of masks, before using them, it is better to use a scrub for the scalp. This procedure reduces fat content and stimulates blood circulation at the skin surface, optimizes the production of fat secretion and reduces the appearance of dandruff.
- 2 tablespoons of coarse sea salt;
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- ? teaspoon of lavender oil;
- 2 tablespoons of a nettle broth;
- 13,53 fluid ounce of drinking water.
All ingredients, except a decoction of nettle, must be mixed and rubbed into the skin of the scalp. If desired, it is allowed to leave the scrub for 5 minutes. After application, the scrub is washed off with shampoo, and then the curls must be rinsed with a nettle broth.
Oil for oily scalp and dry hair
A mask of oils will be a very effective tool in the fight against oily curls. Such a composition optimizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, perfectly fights fat content on the roots of the hair, and also saturates the tips with nutrients.
- 2 parts of sesame oil;
- 2 potassium balm essential oil.
The oils are mixed and applied to dry strands. This composition should be kept on your head for 30 minutes. Next, the product is washed off with curls with shampoo. Finishing off washing, it is necessary to rinse locks acidic solution. To do this, you need to prepare a solution from a couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, diluted with water.
Shampoo for oily scalp and dry hair
It is not difficult to make a shampoo on your own, which will help in the fight against greasy at the base and dryness at the ends of the strands.
- 1 part of water;
- 1/3 part of baking soda.
The composition is induced in a clean bowl, then they are washed with strands.
The strands must be held with the rest of the product for 5 minutes, then rinse with plenty of cold water.
Finishing the procedure, it is advisable to rinse the hair with a solution of apple cider vinegar.
Balm for oily scalp and dry hair
After using shampoo, trichologists recommend always using balms, which you can also make at home yourself. This product perfectly nourishes dry tips and seals them, as well as dries the oily skin of the scalp and narrows the pores, reducing the amount of skin secretion secreted by them.
- ? parts of peach oil;
- 1 part castor oil;
- 1 part lemon juice.
The ingredients are thoroughly mixed and applied to the strands. Duration of exposure – 20 minutes. Next, the balm is washed off with hot water.
Rules for applying masks for oily hair and dry tips
In order to achiev
e maximum effect when using hair masks, it is necessary to observe some rules:
- the effect will be much stronger if you use a warming cap;
- it is advisable to have a head massage before the procedure;
- masks should be applied no more than 2 times a week;
- no need to withstand masks for more than 1 hour;
- never wet hair;
- the duration of the course of treatment should not be less than 1 month, and the frequency of procedures – 4-8 times a month.
Masks designed for dried ends are applied only to previously washed hair.
Tips for protecting hair from oily skin
It is possible to reduce the negative effect of oily scalp on the hair if you adhere to the advice of trichologists:
- It is necessary to comb the hair as often as possible.
- You need to wash your hair often (as greasy shine on the hair).
- It is important to wear only clean and seasonally selected hats.
Rules for the care of oily hair on the roots and dry at the ends will help get rid of the problem:
- wash your hair once every 2-3 days and certainly warm water;
- you can use a hairdryer a maximum of 2 times per week;
- you need to reduce the frequency of hair coloring;
- do not usd your hair with a towel after washing;
- Do not comb raw hair;
- it is imperative to cut off split ends in time.
Prevention of oily hair at the roots and dry ends
Prevention is better than cure. In order to avoid the problem of combined hair, you need to follow some professional advice.
The rules for hair care are as follows:
- observe proper nutrition: give preference to low-fat foods rich in vitamins;
- Do not experiment with cosmetics and use only proven formulations on yourself;
- periodically change cosmetics (in the range of proven formulations);
- use a humidifier during the heating period;
- give preference to shampoos without SLS .
The opinion of experts
Hairdressers and trichologists have their own opinion on the means of home treatment for oily hair at the roots of the hair:
- The mask with the egg , due to its protein, has the effect of laminating hair. It instantly adds volume and gloss to the strands. The disadvantage of such a mask is that the protein is denatured when exposed to high temperatures, which makes it difficult to wash off.
- A mask with mustard stimulates blood circulation in the scalp and, as a result, nourishes the hair follicle. The strands receive more essential substances and become more voluminous and thicker. But the mask can cause irritation, so if any unpleasant sensations occur, the composition should be washed off immediately.
- A mask with essential oils has a very pronounced effect due to lavender oil. With its regular use, the work of the sebaceous glands is optimized and the amount of sebum secreted is reduced. But essential oils are very concentrated substances that can cause allergies. Therefore, before applying the mask to the whole head, you must definitely try it on a small inconspicuous area of the skin.
For the treatment of oily hair at the roots of the hair, it is not necessary to spend large amounts and purchase expensive drugs. It is quite realistic to replace them with traditional medicine. The main thing is a comprehensive and systematic approach to solving the problem, and then perfectly beautiful hair is guaranteed!
Video about the causes and methods of treating oily hair at the roots
Elimination of oily roots and dry hair ends with a clay mask:
How to eliminate dry ends and prevent hair cross-section: