Well-groomed, smooth, gentle, healthy, without wrinkles, “crow’s feet”, redness, facial skin is the dream of many women. The desire to keep your face beautiful for as long as possible is one of those that excites the beautiful half of humanity constantly.
Therefore, cosmetic procedures aimed at cleansing and rejuvenating the facial skin never lose their popularity.
- Mesotherapy of the face – what is it, features of the procedure
- Types of Mesotherapy
- Hyaluronic Acid Mesotherapy
- Non-injection mesotherapy
- Fractional mesotherapy
- Oxygen Mesotherapy
- Indications for the procedure
- Where is mesotherapy performed
- Salon procedure
- Mesotherapy needles
- Mesotherapy at home
- Preparations for the procedure
- Rehabilitation period
- Possible side effects and complications
- Facial mesotherapy – the cost of one procedure, how many procedures are needed
- Reviews of cosmetologists about mesotherapy
- What is mesotherapy: video clips
Mesotherapy of the face – what is it, features of the procedure
To restore normal functioning, improve skin condition, a modern cosmetology procedure called “mesotherapy” is used . What is this, how does it affect the skin of the face, how is it carried out – we will talk in detail in our article.
It was first used in the late eighties. This is one of the methods of cosmetic rejuvenation. Mesotherapy is used for:
- elimination of the initial signs of skin aging (not only on the face, but also on the body, hair);
- removal of deep and superficial wrinkles, dark circles and spots;
- to improve tone with sluggish, sagging skin;
- improves the condition of very dry and sensitive skin;
- treatment and prevention of certain diseases (varicose veins, acne, various inflammatory processes).
With mesotherapy, special medicines are injected into the skin of the face. What are these drugs They contain biologically active substances (amino acids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals).
This content and effect of drugs is aimed at improving the condition of the skin, removing signs of aging, saturation to maintain turgor with useful components. During the procedure, very thin needles are used.
After the injection, the medication, bypassing the epithelial layer of the skin, reaches the deep layers (dermis), thus exerting a stronger and more effective effect on the cells.
Types of Mesotherapy
There are several types of this procedure. They differ depending on the methods and methods.
Hyaluronic Acid Mesotherapy
Today you can often hear about such a term as hyaluronic acid. This is not surprising, because this substance is found in many cosmetics and anti-aging and wilting skin preparations.
The peculiarity of the substance is that it is a kind of “frame”, combining tissue cells and providing strength and elasticity of the skin. Acid is also part of the cornea, bones, saliva, and cartilage.
Carrying out the procedure using this tool is effective for:
- insufficient skin hydration;
- excessive sensitivity, peeling;
- acne, rash;
- noticeable pores;
- severe oily skin;
- age spots.
Injections contribute to a longer retention of moisture in the skin. Hyaluronic acid mesotherapy is also used to create a kind of “skeleton” on the skin of the face. The substance is introduced into the middle and deep layers. The effect of the procedure lasts up to two years.
The amount of substance that is always present in human skin cells can decrease. There are several reasons for this:
- frequent stress;
- smoking and alcohol abuse;
- wrong lifestyle;
- strong exposure to UV rays.
The introduction of preparations containing hyaluronic acid contributes to a more active production of acid by the body. The procedure is carried out manually or using special devices – mesoinjectors.
On the face, mesotherapy is usually done manually – as the skin is more delicate. After administration, hyaluronic acid begins to interact with water, as a result of which a gel-like structure forms in the intercellular space.
Subsequently, the surface of the skin is leveled, bumps disappear, wrinkles, sagging go away. After the procedure, bruises and redness may appear, but this effect will not be long, they disappear after a few hours. It is undesirable the first day after injection is in the cold or in the sun. The duration of the procedure is about 20 minutes.
On average, 5 to 10 procedures are needed to get a positive result. Repeating such mesotherapy is enough once every 6 months.
Despite all the advantages of mesotherapy, there are several contraindications:
- infectious diseases;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- herpetic eruptions;
- atopic dermatitis;
If in the usual procedure, drugs are injected under the skin using injections, then with a non-injection method, another method is used:
- the cosmetologist prepares a special vitamin solution (contains various minerals, trace elements, acids necessary to restore the normal condition of the skin of the face);
- then this solution is applied to problem areas of the skin;
- the area with the substance is treated with a special device (it can be a laser, magnetic, ionic or cut device – its specialist selects depending on the indications and features of the skin).
With non-injection mesotherapy, the skin is practically not injured, there are no bruises; slight redness is possible, but they disappear after 20-30 minutes. A session of such a procedure lasts an average of half an hour.
Reasons for the procedure:
- small small wrinkles;
- restoration of a healthy complexion;
- reduction of deep folds;
- elimination of redness, age spots;
- bruises (in the eye area);
- sagging skin;
- dryness and skin irritation.
The number of procedures will be prescribed by a cosmetologist. There is a more intensive course aimed at eliminating deep wrinkles, lethargy and sagging skin. This course involves 3 to 10 treatments with a break of 10 days. There is also a fixing one – one procedure is done per month.
Special means for conducting non-injection mesotherapy are selected depending on the required action: for aging, wrinkled skin – means with a rejuvenating effect are suitable; for very dry – moisturizing.
Three days before and after the procedure, you should:
- do not drink alcoholic beverages;
- do not stay in the sun a lot (do not sunbathe);
- do not use makeup;
- Do not use the pool or sauna.
Experts do not recommend non-injection mesotherapy for:
- inflammation caused by infections;
- the presence of stones in the gall bladder.
This is one of the varieties of conventional mesotherapy. With this method, special substances are introduced into the deep layers of the dermis in strictly defined places through a strictly defined distance.
Due to the deeper penetration of the drug, the effect of the drug is much faster. A few procedures are enough to improve the condition of the skin, wrinkles and lethargy are gone. Full cell renewal occurs after 6 treatments.
Indications for the procedure:
- sagging skin;
- increased fat content;
- spots and increased pigmentation.
With fractional mesotherapy, the skin is pierced to a depth of 1/32 inch. The specialist makes several punctures in a certain area of the skin (usually it takes 20-30% of the total area), the punctures are at the same distance from each other.
The required distance is calculated by the cosmetologist individually in each case. The number of procedures varies from 1 to 6 with a regularity of 1 time for 10-14 days (depending on the condition of the skin and the area of the affected surface). On the day of mesotherapy, you can not be in the sun, apply various cosmetics to the treated skin.
As in previous varieties of mesotherapy, there are a number of contraindications:
- pregnancy period;
- skin diseases;
- disturbances in the work of the heart and blood vessels;
- exacerbation of infectious diseases;
- mental illness.
For fractional mesotherapy of the face, preparations are used, the use of which allows you to more carefully and accurately treat the desired skin surface, accelerate the body’s production of collagen and other nutrients necessary to restore the skin.
The nozzles used for the procedure consist of special needles treated with nanosilver. Due to this, possible pain and irritation on the skin are reduced to a minimum.
Compared with other types of mesotherapy, this variety has the following advantages:
- do not need anesthesia (local);
- quick effect;
- quick skin recovery after the procedure;
- maintaining the achieved effect for a long time.
Another method of skin repair is oxygen mesotherapy of the face. What it is and how it differs from other methods should be said separately.
With this type of procedure, the restoration of cell function occurs under the influence of oxygen. No needles are used for the procedure, which ensures a complete absence of pain.
Substances containing the necessary vitamins, trace elements, vitamins, acids, enter the deeper layers of the skin under the influence of a stream of oxygen directed under pressure. As a result, oxygen saturation of cells increases, and regeneration processes are accelerated.
There are several types of oxygen mesotherapy:
- moisturizing – used for dry skin problems;
- whitening – used to restore a normal, healthy skin color;
- anti-inflammatory mesotherapy of the face – effective for problems with acne, acne and other rashes.
Stages of the procedure:
- facial skin peeling;
- oxygen treatment;
- the introduction of vitamin mesococktails (using oxygen).
The main reasons for conducting oxygen mesotherapy include:
- small and deep wrinkled;
- increased oily skin;
- excessive dryness of the skin;
- dark circles under the eyes;
- pronounced mesh of blood vessels.
Usually, a course of oxygen mesotherapy includes from 6 to 10 procedures. Regularity – 1 or 2 times throughout the week.
There are fewer contraindications to the procedure than with other types of mesotherapy. It:
- exacerbation of inflammatory processes on the skin (herpes, eczema).
Pros of oxygen mesotherapy:
- no pain;
- the procedure is universal and suitable for all skin types;
- allowed at any age (from 25 years old) for both men and women.
- combined with other anti-aging procedures;
- the result is visible after the first session;
- there are no bruises and redness on the face;
- allowed at any time of the year.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Indications for the procedure
The main reason for using face mesotherapy is the restoration of normal cell function.
The reasons are as follows:
- elimination of excessive pigmentation (age spots);
- skin color improvement;
- elimination of dark circles in the eye area;
- prevention of the appearance of the first facial and age wrinkles;
- elimination of wrinkles and folds (especially in the area of the eyes, forehead, nose and mouth);
- increased skin turgor (with sagging, sluggish, saggy skin);
- Improving the condition of the skin with dryness or greasy;
- prevention of rosacea, acne;
- skin restoration after other procedures, for example, laser resurfacing and peeling (chemical);
- skin preparation for peeling;
- fast healing of various scars and scars.
Where is mesotherapy performed
In this procedure, specially prepared substances are introduced under the skin – into the middle and deep layers of the dermis, or applied to the surface of the skin. There are many options and methods for conducting mesotherapy. The choice of a specific method depends on which part of the body the problem areas are located. Most often this procedure is carried out:
- on the face;
- on the body (in the abdomen, hips) – to eliminate cellulite, stretch marks, scars, increase skin elasticity;
- on hair – effective for baldness, hair loss, dull thin hair, increased oily hair.
In the salon, face mesotherapy is performed by a qualified cosmetologist. What is mesotherapy in the salon or beauty parlor, you can understand the stages of the process:
- the specialist studies possible indications and contraindications for the procedure to the client – in order to choose the right method of mesotherapy;
- then the necessary number of procedures and their duration are determined;
- if necessary, local anesthesia is done;
- the surface of the skin of the face is treated with an antiseptic;
- markings are applied to the skin (in order to correctly inject);
- the procedure itself is carried out (using injections or any other method);
- after the procedure, the skin is re-treated with a disinfectant (as an option – a soothing mask can be applied);
- at the end, the beautician carefully examines the treated skin surface and sets a date for re-admission, also gives instructions for skin care.
If face mesotherapy was carried out without the injection method, then anesthesia is not needed.
For the procedure of face mesotherapy, special needles are used.
They have a small diameter – from 0/32 inch to 1/32 inch. Thanks to this, during the procedure, the patient feels a minimum of pain, and almost no signs of injection are visible on the face. In addition to the diameter, what matters is what is introduced into the skin. A variety of needles such as nano-needles is also popular – they have ultra-thin walls.
The length of the needle for face mesotherapy is short. This makes it possible to more accurately make injections, introduce a small amount of the drug. The most commonly used needles are 5/32 inch long, although there are also 2,6,8,12, 17/32 inch. Large are used to inject drugs into the deeper layers of the dermis.
Mesotherapy at home
Mesotherapy of the face is also carried out at home. What is it and whether there are differences from a professional procedure, patients are concerned first of all. The procedure is carried out using a special apparatus – a mesoscooter.
It is a pen and roller, with fixed spikes. They are made of steel (surgical), which is sprayed. The length of the spikes is a maximum of 1/32 inch. Before the procedure, it is necessary to purchase a special medicine (it is prescribed by a cosmetologist).
Features of the use of mesoscooter:
- remove makeup;
- apply an antiseptic;
- sanitize the device;
- apply the drug;
- massage the face with a mesoscooter for 10 minutes (in each area);
- facial massage occurs along the massage lines – from the middle of the forehead to the temples, from the nose to the ears, from the center of the chin to the ears;
- after the procedure, a calming mask and a protective cream are applied to the skin of the face;
- the device is re-disinfected.
As a result of home mesotherapy, there may be slight redness or swelling on the skin, but these phenomena disappear in a few hours.
After the procedure, you can not sunbathe, visit the sauna.
If your skin has scratches, cracks or any other damage – it is better to wait until they heal. Contraindications to mesotherapy at home are breast-feeding or lactation.
Preparations for the procedure
During face mesotherapy, various drugs are used to help eliminate skin problems:
- based on one component;
- special cocktails (they are prepared by a specialist right before applying to the face);
- drug complexes (mixtures in ampoules).
There is also a classification based on the origin of the drug:
- homeopathic – the minimum risk of allergies, since in such drugs a minimum of the active substance;
- biological – recommended for women and men after 40-45 years. At the heart of such funds are cells from the placenta;
- medicinal – (animals (collagen, hyaluronic acid); vegetable (gingko-biloba); synthetic (procaine); mineral (silicon)).
The most popular and effective drugs:
- NCTF-35 – at the heart of the drug – 6 constituent active substances. It is used if there is a rash on the face, blackheads, increased oiliness, lethargy, saggy skin. The course of treatment is a month and a half, one procedure per week. Price – from $ 41 – $ 68.
– the main effect of the drug is aimed at improving metabolic processes in the skin cells of the face. Helps with redness of the skin, with traces of acne. The course is one procedure per week. In total – 7 procedures. Cost – 4000.
- NCTF – 135 HA – effective for wrinkles (even deep ones), very dry skin, as a restorative after strong sun exposure. Price – from $ 68 – $ 109.
- Embryoblast is a biological drug. It is used for wrinkles, poor complexion, dull skin. One course of treatment – one procedure per week. Duration – 7 treatments. Cost – $ 27 – $ 54.
IAL System and IAL System ACP
are drugs based on hyaluronic acid. Used to eliminate small wrinkles, with dryness or poor skin tone. These drugs are used comprehensively: first, from 1 to 3 procedures of the first, then – 2 procedures of the second. Price – from $ 95 – $ 163.
– a medicinal complex (contains hyaluronic acid, minerals, vitamins and minerals). Helps with poor complexion, sagging skin, dryness. The main course is 6 treatments, with breaks between treatments for two weeks.
There are a number of rules that must be observed after face mesotherapy. These include:
- Moisturizing the skin with special means (they are prescribed by a cosmetologist). Such drugs have a sedative, anti-inflammatory effect.
- Avoid the use of makeup for one to two days after this procedure).
- Also, do not expose the skin to the sun (tan) or frost.
After mesotherapy on the skin can be observed:
- Slight redness;
- Small bruises;
- Swelling in the treated area of the skin;
- Mild allergic reactions.
All signs go away in a day or two. The main thing at the same time is to adhere to the recommendations of a cosmetologist.
Before carrying out this procedure, it is necessary to take into account possible contraindications and consult a specialist.
- disturbances in the work of the organs of the cardiovascular system;
- the presence of kidney stones and gall bladder;
- inflammatory processes on the
skin (exacerbation of inflammation);
- pregnancy (especially the last trimester);
- breastfeeding a baby.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Possible side effects and complications
Mesotherapy is considered an effective and safe procedure. The occurrence of side effects or complications are most often associated with the individual characteristics of the body.
Among the side effects there are such as:
- swelling, redness on the treated surface of the skin of the face;
- pain during drug injections;
- bruising or bluish skin.
There may be complications after the procedure. Usually they are associated with various allergic reactions (redness, swelling, itching, mild burning). Sometimes the appearance of papules, blisters, rashes on the skin of the face in the form of urticaria.
Side effects and complications disappear in a few days (from one to 3 – depending on complexity). If the condition worsens, you must consult a doctor.
Facial mesotherapy – the cost of one procedure, how many procedures are needed
The cost of the procedure depends on several factors: the type of mesotherapy, the drugs used, the duration and number of procedures. On average, the cost of the procedure varies – starting from $ 27 and up to $ 177.
The need for the number of procedures is determined by the cosmetologist. This takes into account the patient’s age, individual characteristics of the body, facial skin condition, the presence of chronic diseases or inflammatory processes.
Reviews of cosmetologists about mesotherapy
Reviews of cosmetologists about face mesotherapy vary. Most experts believe that mesotherapy today is one of the most painless and effective procedures that help in the fight against skin aging, with sagging dull face skin.
In addition, the presence of different types of mesotherapy helps to choose the optimal method of treatment, and side effects from the procedure go in the shortest possible time.
There are also doctors who believe that face mesotherapy is not the best way to eliminate skin imperfections. Such cosmetologists believe that this is a risk – during the procedure there is a danger of getting not only the skin of the face, but also the blood of harmful microorganisms, and in the future the occurrence of inflammatory diseases.
This is especially possible with the independent preparation of therapeutic cocktails by cosmetologists (immediately before application to the face).
Facial mesotherapy is such a popular procedure today that promotes skin rejuvenation. It is popular among patients of different ages and is available due to the fact that its implementation in different forms and types is possible.
What is mesotherapy: video clips
Mesoterpaia – what is it and why is it used:
All that is important to know about mesotherapy: