Eyelash lamination is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures performed in beauty salons, aimed at increasing the volume and density of eyelashes to achieve a bright appearance.
In the photos before and after the procedure, an impressive result is clearly visible, which can radically transform the appearance for the better. If you know the basics and rules of the procedure, use only high-quality materials, you can do lamination yourself at home.
- Features of the procedure
- Types of Lamination
- Advantages and disadvantages of the method
- Tools for the procedure
- Technology of the procedure in the cabin
- Lamination of eyelashes at home
- Hair care after the procedure
- Precautions and Common Beginner Mistakes
- Useful Tips
- Opinions and reviews about the procedure
- Is it worth saving on a specialist
- Negative sides
- Eyelash Lamination Video
Features of the procedure
The purpose of the procedure is to turn thin eyelashes into long ones and get a curved shape. The main component of the lamination mixture is keratin. This is a protein that is located inside the hair. In cosmetology, this element is used to improve hair and maintain a beautiful skin condition.
Keratin contains natural ingredients:
- vegetable oils;
- vitamin supplements;
- wheat protein;
Biological ingredients help restore the structure of eyelashes, their growth is stimulated, they become stronger and more beautiful. The composition envelops each hair and nourishes with microelements, making the cilia long, thick, and more curled at the ends.
The formula of the mixture thickens, fills with pigment, saturates keratin. Eyelashes after cosmetic actions look as natural and voluminous as possible.
Lamination differs from building in that gluing synthetic fibers to the ciliary edge of the eyes is not required.
Lamination is called simple hair treatment. The procedure is especially useful for women who live in the northern of the country, industrial cities with polluted air. Negative natural environment, external factors negatively affect the eyelashes and lead to their loss.
Thanks to the healing of hairs with keratin without using mascara, the eyes will look attractive for a long time. The procedure has a cumulative effect, when using the service 1 time per month – eyelashes thicken. After the first procedure, eyelashes become more voluminous by 25-35%. Each subsequent lamination will add about 15% of the density.
For thin hairs, lamination must be repeated for 90 days with an interval of 30 days. To maintain healthy, beautiful hairs, it is recommended to resort to such a service 2-3 times a year.
Types of Lamination
Lamination of eyelashes has 3 directions:
- Eyelash tinting.
- Shaping – modeling.
Hair coloring is considered a classic lamination. For staining, choose a composition that is equipped with pigment dyes. Due to the color, eyelashes acquire the desired shade. The treatment method includes healing and restoration of eyelashes.
Manufacturers have developed an improved formula, which contains: growth activators, sunflower extracts, essential oils that nourish the damaged areas of hairs. The main effect of the procedure is a healthy appearance after adverse external conditions on the eyelashes. They look well-groomed and neat.
Modeling is considered cosmetic intervention. When performing work, mixtures are used that contribute to the weighting of eyelashes. After the procedure, the hairs are easier to style, when stained with cosmetic mascara, long eyelashes will not “look” in different directions.
Advantages and disadvantages of the method
Lamination of eyelashes visually opens the eye, making facial features more attractive:
- The components that are contained in the mixture of the drug nourish the bulbs. After saturation with substances, eyelashes grow faster, become denser and more elastic in structure.
- Eyelashes absorb as many components as the fibers need. If the damage is deep, they absorb more of the mixture.
- The skin of the eyelids acquires a healthy and fresh appearance after the procedure.
- Enveloping particles of the mixture create the effect of slightly painted eyes. Since mascara has not been used, the appearance of the face remains natural.
- Inexpensive service compared to eyelash extensions.
- Contact lenses allowed.
- The procedure is indispensable in the summer, since dense makeup is inappropriate at this time of the season.
- Lamination is stored for a long time – from 30 to 60 days. You can wash your face without extra hassle, apply makeup on your face, be in the sun (sunbathe).
- The first day after the service you can not wet your eyes. To preserve the composition on the hairs, you need to abandon mascara, makeup for 24 hours. If these rules are neglected, the shape and structure of the hairs will deteriorate, since the mixture has not yet fixed on the fibers.
- Intolerance to the ingredients included in the mixture.
- Pregnancy, breast-feeding (lactation).
- Inflammation, barley, diseases of the visual apparatus.
- Surgery on the eyes has been performed in the past.
- The presence of extended eyelashes.
Do not miss the most popular heading:
Hyaluronic acid in tablets. Benefits, how to take, reviews of doctors and effectiveness.
Photos before and after lamination of eyelashes show different efficiencies.
This happens afterwards that preparations from different manufacturers can be selected for the procedure:
Yumi Lashes is a brand made in Switzerland. The main task of the composition of this composition is to give an expressive volume. The kit is designed to use the composition 11 times. The set includes items: silicone curlers, black paint, elevator, nurish, fixative, glue.
LVL is made in Britain; it is in high demand among craftsmen. Items in the kit for the procedure: paint, glue, fixative, nourishing composition, lifting, comb, brush.
- There are no consumables, brushes, combs in Si Lashes . Only liquids are in the kit.
Sexy Lamination includes all the necessary accessories, which are enough for 50 procedures. The product is characterized by “liquid silk”, which creates a protective surface on the hairs, provides nutrition to the fibers from keratin and silicone. When using the brand, the lamination effect lasts 2.5 – 3 months.
- Paul Mitchell produces eco-lamination products, the mixture includes extracts with useful plants: hops, chamomile, yarrow, nettle.
- Nover Lash Up differs from its competitors in its high content of plant substances. Gives shine to eyelashes and nourishes follicles.
- The Lovely designed versatile compound that is suitable for any type of eyelashes. Weakened eyelashes will require a second procedure, which must be done in a month. Correction after treatment of hairs is prescribed once every 2.5 months.
Tools for the procedure
Without basic accessories, the procedure will fail.
The list of essential items is as follows:
- Ready-made kits that are all inclusive.
- Composition for lamination.
- Rollers, curlers for the upper eyelid.
- Applicators for curling eyelashes, removing makeup.
- Patches under the eyes.
- Paint for coloring.
Technology of the procedure in the cabin
Lamination of eyelashes (before and after photos): demonstrates that the work consists of several steps: the cosmetologist applies the composition to the hairs and withstands the time for impregnation with the composition of the eyelashes. Unpleasant pain does not occur. The only caveat, perhaps, can tear the eyes while applying the composition to the hairs.
Sequence of steps:
- The area around the eyes and eyelids are cleansed of cosmetics. To save time, it is advisable to come to the procedure without makeup. Degrease eyelashes with special tools. Cleansing from grease helps to better absorb beneficial trace elements into the fibers.
- To protect the delicate skin of the eyelids from the effects of the mixture, they treat the surface of soft skin with a cream that smoothes, softens, protects this area.
- Silicone curlers are attached to the ciliary edge, which give the eyelashes an elegant shape and lift them.
- The fibers are impregnated with a lotion that gently rebuilds the structure of the eyelashes. It penetrates through the outer layer of hair. The working time of the mixture is 8-10 minutes.
- Apply retainer. Substances included in the composition, fix a given position. The working time of the mixture is 8-10 minutes.
- Saturate keratin. The composition is applied along the entire length of the eyelashes, so that it evenly fills, nourishes and restores the native eyelashes. The mass in the eyes should be kept warm. To do this, moisten the cotton pads in warm water and cover the eye area. Saturation time takes 7-10 minutes.
- Eyelash tinting completes the procedure. The exposure time is 3-5 minutes.
Technology for lamination of eyelashes in the salon:
Lamination of eyelashes at home
Keratin can improve your eyelashes on your own at home. Before performing the operation, you should familiarize yourself with the information about lamination, and watch several video lessons to understand aspects of the work. To complete the process, you will need to purchase a fresh mixture for lamination of eyelashes and tools.
Manufacturers in the instructions paint a sequence of actions so that the “newbie” easily copes with the task.
The disadvantage of using professional drugs at home is that it is difficult to perform the actions of the procedure on your own eyes. Liquid with improper actions can leak into the eyes, or an ugly form of hairs will result due to improper attachment of the curler to the eyelashes.
A safe and inexpensive method for a home without the help of outsiders is gelatin. It has similar properties with salon lamination: protection and strengthening of hairs.
Preparation of gelatin lamination and its application:
- Dissolve gelatin in warm water.
- Pour hair balm 0,08 fluid ounce (half a teaspoon).
- Distribute the composition on eyelashes and stand for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the mass gently with warm water.
Hair care after the procedure
The first day after lamination of eyelashes, you must follow the basic rules – do not wet, do not usd your eyes, sleep on your back. The appearance of the hairs looks like wet, because at the end of the procedure, the cosmetologist lubricates with an oil preparation that nourishes and fixes the entire mixture on the fibers.
The before and after photos show that, following these recommendations, eyelashes look neat and glossy. After a day, you can perform any manipulations with the hairs, excluding the use of cosmetic discs to remove makeup from the eyes.
After completing the procedure, it is allowed to apply mascara on eyelashes after 24 hours, use eye cream, apply washing cosmetics, go to the bathhouse, sauna, pool, sleep in a comfortable position, swim in the sea.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Plasma lifting face – what it is, how it is carried out, results, photos before and after the procedure.
Precautions and Common Beginner Mistakes
Negative consequences after the procedure arise due to improper actions of the master during work.
The main errors are as follows:
- ignoring the increased curly hairs;
- lack of curl.
To prevent them, you should familiarize yourself with the details of each:
- Hall of eyelashes at the base especially often appears in the inner and outer corners of the eyes. There are several reasons for this error: the curlers are not glued tightly to the upper eyelid, insufficient eyelash tension on the form, the hydrogel pad on the lower eyelid is incorrectly installed, thereby the edge of the patch rests on the root of the upper eyelashes. To avoid this, creases need: create eyelash tension on the curlers, monitor the correct position of the curlers, and monitor the neat arrangement of the hydrogel pillow.
- Re-curled (curly) hairs are obtained in cases: overexposure of the composition on the fibers or the composition is laid out without indentation from the roots, improperly sized curlers – the shape is selected very small, and the eyelashes are quite long.
- The lack of curl happens if a short time for exposure is chosen, the master did not take into account the density of the eyelashes and the composition did not have time to act, an insufficient amount of the composition was applied to the length of the eyelashes.
- The curl may not be noticeable, because too large a shape was chosen for short eyelashes. There are times that the curl took, but quickly straightened. Such a result may be if the client wet the eyelashes for the first 24 hours. This can happen by accident, a client fell into the rain, cried under a sad movie, or stood over a boiling pot. Another reason for the fallen curl is the long discovery of compounds that have lost their effect. Also, hormonal failure: pregnancy, lactation, physiological problems of the monthly cycle.
There are some nuances that need to be considered before lamination:
- It is necessary to read what ingredients the mixture consists of. Preference should be given to a brand that includes natural ingredients.
- If eyelashes are naturally short and sparse, do not wait for luxurious and long hairs from lamination. The effect will be in healing and expressive look.
- Choose a beautician with experience, as a novice master can make mistakes that spoil the appearance of eyelashes.
- Lamination should be done 2 times a year to maintain the health and beauty of hairs.
Opinions and reviews about the procedure
Lamination of eyelashes, as you can see in numerous photos before and after, always brings results, but it will be positive or negative in nature – it depends on a lot.
Often women note that the procedure is quick and does not bring discomfort. In most cases, the result is enthralling. The bend of the hairs remains unchanged for about a month, only after this period the effect begins to decrease. Without mascara, the eyes look expressive.
Women who use a cosmetic product on eyelashes claim that any mascara falls on the hairs evenly and without lumps.
Most girls notice the effect of an expressive look and an improvement in the structure of hairs after lamination sessions. The result is compared with the use of cosmetic mascara. The procedure should be carried out by a cosmetologist with experience.
Is it worth saving on a specialist
An experienced master will select the composition according to the type of hairs and make the shape of eyelashes beautiful, they will not stick out in different directions. When contacting a novice specialist, you may encounter the fact that he will overexposure the mixture or vice versa, will not withstand the necessary time, and will not allow the substances to completely absorb the fibers.
Owners of naturally long and thick, but light eyelashes fell in love with this procedure, because the hair spoils from the grown fibers (the length decreases and becomes less frequent), and the dyeing lasts 10-15 days, which is not very practical.
The effect of lamination is characterized by a duration of up to 30 days, a natural bend, saturated color. Some do this before leaving on vacation. The enveloping film protects the hairs, prevents breakage and burning. Women note that the lamination withstands the test of the sun and sea water.
In addition to the positive aspects, some girls are not happy with this procedure. The lamination is carried out in a lying position. This position must be maintained for at least an hour, which is not easy.
The owners of short eyelashes expected a greater effect, they expected to see long eyelashes, but such a result was not displayed in the mirror. Some more girls with weak eyelashes in structure say that after a week the hairs begin to break and give in to a cross-section.
Lamination of eyelashes is considered to be a painless process, but many experienced a tearing reaction, and customers did not like the smell of the composition.
Lamination of eyelashes in the photo before and after have a significant difference. Obviously, the hairs are more expressive and voluminous, while retaining their naturalness. The result of the procedure brings smooth eyelashes and a curved elegant shape for a rather long period of time.
Eyelash Lamination Video
How to learn to do eyelash lamination: