Women get rid of unwanted hair in a variety of ways. However, after the removal procedure, new hair becomes tougher and often grows, which is accompanied by inflammation. This disease is called pseudofolliculitis.
It brings aesthetic and physical discomfort. This especially happens in the bikini area, as here the hair is stiffer than anywhere else. They get rid of them with the help of folk methods, peels, scrubs and special preparations, including homeopathic ones.
- How to remove ingrown hair
- How to prevent the appearance of ingrown hair
- How to remove hair so that it does not grow
- What is the best way to remove hair
- Ingrown hair after shugaring
- Rules for treatment and care after hair removal
- Which doctor to contact
- Scrub and peeling recipes
- Folk remedies
- Homeopathic remedies
- Ingrown hair cosmetics
- Ointments for relieving inflammation
- Complications and consequences
- Ingrown Hair Video
How to remove ingrown hair
Scrubs, peels, folk remedies – this is the first aid for the appearance of ingrown hairs. If there are many, then removal will take a lot of time. The easiest way to solve the problem is if two, 3, 4 hairs have grown.
To do this, it is necessary to avoid hair removal in any way for 2-3 weeks, and include the use of scrub or peeling in skin care in order to exfoliate dead cells. Squeezing or picking out hair is not recommended, as these traumatic effects contribute to the spread of infection.
Mechanical removal is performed as follows:
- Take a bath of hot water or steam the skin, applying the application of a towel soaked in hot water. This leads to the opening of pores, as a result of which the procedure is facilitated.
- Then you should use a scrub or peeling to remove the skin flakes clogging the pores.
- Then you need to treat the skin with an alcohol-containing liquid or a special tool with disinfecting properties. Wipe the tweezers with the same tool. The tool gently pry hair and pull it by the tip.
- If you need to remove more hairs, then the processing of hands and tools is carried out again.
To exclude the development of inflammation, for two days it is necessary to wipe the skin with a disinfectant or lubricate with an ointment with antiseptics.
Important! If a bump or abscess has formed in place of the ingrown hair, you cannot use the mechanical method of removing hairs.
How to prevent the appearance of ingrown hair
The skin in the bikini area is sensitive and thin.
To prevent ingrowth, as well as the accompanying inflammatory process, it is necessary:
- choose the best way to remove vegetation;
- comply with the removal technology;
- apply scrub or peeling, these funds help break through already grown hair rods and prevent others from growing;
- avoid exposure to ultraviolet rays, since ingrowth is more intense;
- use a skin cleanser with moisturizing properties;
- Do not use sharp objects to remove hair, such as needles.
How to remove hair so that it does not grow
Each hair removal technique involves certain rules. The razor cuts the vegetation, so the hairs become sharp at the end. This causes additional skin irritation.
If the removal is carried out by shaving, then the skin must first be steamed. Then the hair is cut with a razor for hair growth.
If the procedure is performed with wax, then it is applied to dry skin, which is previously desirable to cool. The composition is torn off against hair growth.
When using sugar paste, it is applied to talc-treated skin against hair growth, and torn off by growth.
Ingrown hair in the bikini area after shaving will be less likely to occur if you use a sharp razor. This will greatly facilitate and speed up the procedure. Vegetation about 1/32 inch long is optimal for shaving. N Before disposing of the long hair, they should first cut.
- Take a hot bath before shaving.
- Then they scrub the skin.
- Shaving agent is applied to the treated bikini area.
- Remove vegetation with a razor.
- Each time, holding a tool on the surface of the skin, rinse it under a stream of running water.
- After shaving, wash off the remnants of cream and hair.
- The skin is dried, hand and bikini are treated with an antiseptic.
- To hair growth was slower, lubricate the skin with a special tool.
- If the skin is irritated, an anti-inflammatory ointment should be used.
- If a cut occurs, immediately disinfect it by rinsing off the shaving cream and stop the bleeding with a cotton swab.
The effect of depilation lasts only two to 3 days.
Waxing is more painful, but the effect of it persists for almost a month. Irritation and inflammation after the procedure are not uncommon, therefore it is important to follow the rules for skin care.
- The skin must first be treated with an antiseptic, however, it must be dry.
- Wax is prepared: it is heated on a steam bath or in a special device and distributed in a thin layer in the direction of hair growth.
- Then a strip is laid on top, the composition is allowed to seize and, with a sharp movement against the growth of vegetation, it is torn off.
- Thus, the entire bikini area is treated.
- Then apply anti-inflammatory drugs.
In the early days, you need to lubricate the epilation area with an ointment of antiseptic action. Peelings and scrubs are not used for 5-7 days.
What is the best way to remove hair
Ingrown hair in the bikini area will be less if you choose the right way to get rid of them. Experts recommend shugaring, since shaving involves frequent processing of the specified area, and this is undesirable. Most preferred vegetation removal rate: 1 time in 2 weeks.
Mechanical depilation by means of an epilator is also undesirable, since the skin is injured. After exposure to the device, the direction of growth of the hair rods changes, which only contributes to the formation of ingrown hair. Shugaring, unlike the listed methods, is a more delicate method of hair removal.
Ingrown hair after shugaring
Shugaring is advertised as a method of hair removal, after which they grow much less, however, this is not entirely true. If there is a predisposition to ingrowth, then the hairs will grow after shugaring, especially if the removal technology is not followed.
Rules for treatment and care after hair removal
- Immediately after the procedures, you should wipe the skin with an antibacterial agent.
- Moisturizers and nutrients must be used, but only after the irritation has passed.
- On the 1st day after the procedure, water procedures are not recommended both in the bathroom, sh
ower, and in open water.
- Clothing should be chosen from natural fabrics.
- Clothing cut should exclude friction in the treated area.
- 1-2 times a week., Not more often, starting from 2 weeks. after hair removal, use scrubs and peels. After their application, the skin needs to be moisturized: lubricated with cream, milk or oil.
- Professionals recommend using a scrub in preparation for hair removal, and after the procedure, give preference to peeling. It is important to remember that any composition can cause an allergic reaction, so before applying to the treated area, the composition is checked by applying a small amount to the bend of the elbow.
- Distribute the scrub with massage movements for 2-3 minutes, then rinse with water.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Laser hair removal on the face and body – how it is performed, effectiveness, photos before and after, contraindications.
Which doctor to contact
If the skin condition is disturbing (there are a lot of purulent abscesses, or they increase in size, capturing new areas of the skin), you need to contact a cosmetologist, or a dermatologist, and later for surgical help.
Ingrown hair that remains under the skin is not able to dissolve on its own and provokes even greater inflammation. Sometimes the abscess is opened without help. Then the wound must be treated with antibiotics, and then covered with a sterile dressing.
Scrub and peeling recipes
Ingrown hair in the bikini zone (how to get rid of it at home, discussed below) is recommended to be processed using home remedies. They need to be used in advance, without waiting for the ingrown hair to begin to fester.
- Natural coconut oil is added to the coffee scrub, which helps moisturize and nourish the skin. Coffee directly performs the function of scrub in it. 2 tablespoon the oils need to be melted over low heat in a water bath and cool to a warm state. Then add 1 tablespoon there. coffee, salt and sugar. All ingredients are mixed with a wooden cutlery. Use as directed.
- A coffee scrub is also prepared according to a simpler recipe, combining ground coffee with olive oil. The effect will also be good.
- 3 tablespoon olive oil is mixed with 2 tablespoon. honey (liquid or candied), add 2 tablespoon. there. sugar and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- 3 tablespoon aloe juice, squeezed from the leaves, mixed with 3 tablespoon. cornmeal and mix thoroughly.
- 3 tab. knead aspirin and pour 2 tablespoon. water. The composition is treated with skin massaging movements. Then wipe it with 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- 1 tablespoon soda diluted with 2 tablespoon. warm water, rubbed, then left for a couple of minutes and washed with water. After the procedure, apply the cream.
- Connect 2 tablespoon. white clay with 1 tablespoon parsley juice, add 3 cap. squeezed lemon juice and apply composition. After 10 minutes, rinse with water. This composition will help against hyperpigmentation.
- Connect 3 tablespoon. sea salt and 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil.
- Take 3 tablespoon. sea salt, 1 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon. ground coffee, 1 tablespoon. olive oil.
- Mix 3 tablespoon. sea salt, 1 tablespoon. cosmetic oil and chopped orange zest, add 2 cap. lemon extract and grapefruit.
- Connect 1 teaspoons. vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon sea salt and 1 slice of grapefruit, crushed in a blender with peel.
- Aspirin tablets are mixed with glycerin: 1 teaspoons. one and the other component. Carry out the processing procedure, then the mechanical remove the ingrown hair with tweezers.
- To make oatmeal scrub, you need 3 tablespoon. powdered hercules, to which you need to add equal amounts of fat sour cream and honey to a consistency convenient for application. After processing the bikini zone, the composition is washed off with water.
- It’s even easier to treat the skin with sugar. It is applied to steamed moisturized skin after a shower.
- It is similar in effect to a fine salt scrub. It will take 3 tablespoon. salt, which, like sugar, should be rubbed into the problem area, and then rinse with water. Salt has antiseptic properties.
If the ingrown hair is already breaking, then you can not use scrubs and peels.
Ingrown hair in the bikini zone (how to get rid of it step by step in a mechanical way, it is considered) can be removed using folk methods:
- Inflamed areas are spot-treated with toothpaste or toothpowder diluted with water. The composition is left for 30 minutes to dry, and then washed off.
- Olive oil will help soften the skin, so that hair will break through to the surface of the skin. Warmed olive oil should be greased with a bikini and left for 30 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Badyagi powder is diluted with 3% hydrogen peroxide so that gruel is obtained. It is applied for 15 minutes every week.
- Salicylic acid can be treated with point-grown hairs to reduce inflammation. A composition of 5 days should be used so that the hairs come out on their own. Since salicylic acid strongly dries the skin, you need to usd a moisturizer after the procedure.
- According to folk methods, it is necessary to use a baked onion compress. The onion is baked, then cut in half and applied to the inflammation for 3 hours, after this time, you need to cut off a thin layer that was in contact with the skin, and again make a compress. According to reviews, such actions quickly lead to an autopsy.
- Homemade ointment from onions is prepared as follows: bake one onion, turn into pulp, add 1 teaspoons. liquid honey and flour. The resulting gruel is lubricated with inflammation up to 5 times a day.
- Another remedy that includes baked onions is a compress with the addition of grated laundry soap. 2 parts of onion take 1 part of soap, make applications directly to the site of inflammation.
- A more convenient remedy is a powder made from a powder of pink petals of frankincense and aloe leaves. This powder helps relieve inflammation. It needs to be used from 5 or more times a day.
- You can use apple cider vinegar to treat the skin.
Homeopathic remedies should be selected with caution, as they can cause an allergic reaction. In addition, a tool that is not intended for the intimate zone can disrupt the microflora.
In any case, before using the product, it must be tested: will it cause an allergy. The tool should have an anti-inflammatory effect, relieve swelling, accelerate tissue repair and have an antipruritic effect.
Of the effective homeopathic remedies, Natur 2 GUNA cream should be called. It is intended directly for the treatment of the intimate zone, therefore it does not violate the microflora, improves the structure of the tissue, promotes moisture of the skin, soothes inflammation.
Cream “Arnica” has an antibacterial effect, removes inflammation, promotes skin regeneration with microtraumas, and prevents the appearance of age spots.
Gel “Traumeel C” is used for abscesses and inflammation. It blocks the development of infection, inflammation, has an antipruritic effect, relieves swelling, and has analgesic properties. It is necessary to treat them with a bikini from 2 – 5 time / d.
Ingrown hairs in the bikini zone (how to get rid of them using cosmetics and which ones to choose, is described below) will not become inflamed if you use the following drugs during epilation:
- Miramistin, which is an effective antiseptic. They should treat the skin after hair removal. It prevents the growth of bacteria that have got inside.
- Chlorhexidine (also an antiseptic) – has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Furatsilin – kills bacteria that can cause inflammation.
- Retin-a is a drug that prevents the clogging of pores and keratolization of the skin.
Ingrown hair cosmetics
Kalo Hair Inhibitor is a spray based on herbal extracts. It slows hair growth, does not cause irritation and itching.
If you use the lotion regularly, it will moisturize the skin well, it prevents the onset of inflammation and ingrowth.
It not only slows down hair growth, but also makes them thin. It is used 3 times every 15 minutes immediately after removal of the vegetation.
On the second day, the treatment is repeated. If a razor is used, the skin should be wiped every time after the procedure.
Tend Skin (lotion) – soothes inflammation, suitable for sensitive skin, at the same time disinfects, reduces pigmentation.
It is used both after manipulations, and during processing before the procedure. Lotion prevents irritation.
It is distributed and not washed off. It has antiseptic properties, as it contains aspirin and isopropanol. The emollient effect is exerted by such components as glycerin, propylene glycol, cyclomethicone.
Similar to the previous drug is Skin Doctors Ingrow Go Lotion. According to the manufacturer, the inflammation and pigmentation will be eliminated in the shortest possible time, gallon in one day.
In fact, it helps not so fast, but really effective. As in the previous preparation, the active substances are isopropanol, propylene glycol and aspirin. The product is applied with a cotton pad immediately after shaving or a day after hair removal.
If there is no desire to tinker with the powder of a badyagi, you can use the Badyaga Forte gel. It has an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect, accelerates skin regeneration. The drug is applied to the treated area for 30 minutes, then washed off with water.
Ointments for relieving inflammation
Ingrown hair in the bikini area (how to get rid of it, already described) in the presence of inflammation is treated with an ointment with antibiotics. It blocks the growth of bacteria. She is prescribed already when the hair began to seize. Before applying the ointment, the area must be disinfected.
The tool is used 1-2 rd, and in conjunction with scrubs, peelings, it is not recommended to use it, since it dries the skin very much. In order to prevent the interaction of the ointment with other means, it is recommended to apply it one hour after applying any other means.
One percent gel “Dalacin” contains clindamycin phosphate. They need to process the skin $ 0,03./d.
From suppuration apply Lotion “Tretinoin”. Its main purpose is the treatment of acne, however, it contributes to the opening of abscesses and their quick healing. It is applied after water procedures 1 time / d. After a few hours, it needs to be washed off.
Ichthyol ointment is applied at night in case of abscesses directly to the site of inflammation. Then the plot is wrapped with cling film and left until the morning. Processing is carried out $ 0,03./d. daily.
If an abscess begins, antibiotics must be taken orally. One effective is cephalexin . It is taken within 1-2 weeks as prescribed by the doctor. Self-treatment can cause side effects associated with digestive disorders, lowering blood pressure, allergies, reactions from the cardiovascular system.
Tetracycline is also taken orally every 6 hours, 1 tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
Complications and consequences
If you do not take the appropriate measures in time, the process will not be limited to the irritation that appeared at the initial stage. Damage is converted into an abscess, accompanied by hyperpigmentation. With a long course of the process, infection of nearby tissues is possible.
In difficult cases, if the inflammation does not go away and cones appear, filled with a white liquid, which is pus, you have to resort to surgical care, since self-removal of the abscess can cause blood poisoning and aggravate the situation.
If a lump has formed, there is a possibility that this is a sign of not only ingrown hair, but also the development of a dermatological disease, neoplasm. Similar symptoms sometimes occur with lichen, folliculitis, frinoderma. Any injury can lead to serious consequences.
It is necessary to consult a dermatologist or cosmetologist. According to the results of the examination, he will conclude that it is the cause of inflammation. Your doctor may refer you for additional tests to determine the type of infection or biopsy.
To make the correct diagnosis, you need to determine the relationship between hair removal and inflammation. If it appeared immediately after hair removal, it is the ingrown hair.
Ingrown hair in the bikini zone (how to get rid of it yourself, is discussed in detail in the article) should be removed: the sooner this is done, the better, since abscesses in the bikini zone can easily be injured by clothing. And this is a direct path to the development of an abscess.
In addition, with the development of inflammation, abscesses cause pain during movement. It is necessary to treat the area with an antibiotic ointment and, when the inflammation goes away, steam the skin and make a peeling.
If the bump does not cause significant discomfort, you shou
ld temporarily abandon hair removal and treat the localization site with antibacterial ointments, for example, Baziron, Proderm, Dalacin. If there is no improvement, then you need to contact a cosmetologist.
After removing the hair, a dark spot may form in its place, then you need to act in the following order:
- Perform peeling systematically. This will help remove the top layer of the skin and brighten the area.
- Apply a daily regenerating ointment, for example, Badyaga Forte or salicylic, distributing it for 15 minutes, and then removing it with water.
- Wipe the skin with homemade lotion, for example, with lemon fresh or castor oil or apply a mask with aspirin. This will help lighten the spots.
To get rid of ingrown hair in the bikini area at home, you must follow all the requirements for disinfection and the course of the procedure. In difficult cases, it is recommended to seek surgical help, as inept actions can cause the development of a secondary infection.
Ingrown Hair Video
How to get rid of ingrown hair. 5 simple rules: