To solve the problem of oily hair, its owner can not do just one shampoo. At home, you can fight it, but for this you need to go a long way, and find suitable ways to reduce the production of subcutaneous fat.
- Causes of Excessive Fat Glands
- Proper nutrition as a way to get rid of oily hair
- Reception of vitamin complexes
- Paste sulsena
- Herbal infusions for oral administration
- Rubbing vitamin formulations into the scalp
- Homemade masks with clay in the composition
- Salt scrub
- Masks with healthy oils
- Rinsing with decoctions of herbs
- Masks with vodka and cognac
- Potato mask
- Bread mask
- Mustard mask
- Drug treatment
- Top 5 best shampoos for oily hair
- Beauty treatments
- Trichologists advice
- Video on methods to deal with the problem of oily hair
Causes of Excessive Fat Glands
Oily hair is a consequence of the increased work of the sebaceous glands. Normally, the secreted secretion forms a hydrolipidic film, which protects the scalp from overdrying, ultraviolet radiation and bacteria.
The work of the sebaceous glands is embedded in the genetic code, but such factors influence the increased production of subcutaneous fat:
- improper and unbalanced nutrition;
- hormonal changes during adolescence, pregnancy, menopause;
- disturbances in the work of the digestive tract, reproductive, endocrine, nervous system;
- improper hair care (inappropriate shampoo, frequent use of nourishing masks and oils);
- smoking and drinking alcohol.
Proper nutrition as a way to get rid of oily hair
Nutrition is the first step in the fight against oily scalp.
Therefore, you should minimize consumption:
- spicy, fatty, smoked dishes;
- fast food;
- carbonated drinks;
- sweets and pastries;
The diet should include:
- fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits;
- dairy and dairy products;
- boiled or steamed meat.
Reception of vitamin complexes
A lack of vitamins A, B, C, H, as well as zinc, iron and magnesium can provoke oily hair.
Therefore, in the fight against this problem, it is recommended to take a course of a vitamin preparation. Towards the end of the treatment, you can notice a decrease in the sebum of the scalp, strengthening of the hair follicles and acceleration of hair growth.
Effective Vitamin Complexes:
- Nutricap – in its composition are vitamins of groups B1 and C, as well as trace elements: silicon, zinc, sulfur.
- Perfectil is a complex of vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, H, C, and also contains biotin, folic acid, zinc, magnesium and silicon.
- Fitoval is a multivitamin complex containing B1, B2, B5, B6, B12, zinc, copper and iron.
Sulsena is a low-cost pharmacy drug that can deal with the problem
dandruff and oily hair at home. All that needs to be done: wash your hair, usd paste into the moist roots and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
There are 2 concentrations of the drug: 1% (used to prevent itching of the scalp and dandruff) and 2% (aimed at treating oily seborrhea).
The active substance of the paste, selenium disulfide, performs such functions:
- fights with a fungus;
- reduces the increased production of subcutaneous fat;
- blocks the growth of epidermal cells and accelerates the exfoliation of dandruff and dead skin cells.
The course of treatment according to the instructions: 2 times a week for 3 months. Pasta works best in tandem with the same shampoo.
Herbal infusions for oral administration
Medicinal herbs are used in traditional medicine to eliminate problems with hair and skin from the inside.
The course of taking the infusion will give the following results:
- Decreased scalp oiliness
- acceleration of hair growth;
- the awakening of sleeping hair follicles.
- You will need to mix herbs in the following proportion: 80 g of stony bone, 60 g of narrow-leaved fireweed and 40 g of red clover flowers.
- Brew like tea: 1-2 small spoons per cup of water. Drink 2 – 2 pint during the day. The course of admission is 2 months.
- In equal proportions mix such herbs:
- root of ginger, burdock, dandelion;
- raspberry leaves;
- Brew instead of tea: 1 small tablespoons per 8,45 fluid ounce of hot water. Drink 3 cups a day. The duration of the course is 6-7 weeks of days. After a week’s break, you can repeat the reception.
Rubbing vitamin formulations into the scalp
Rubbing is a great way to dry hair roots.
There are some simple recipes:
Squeeze juice from an orange, lemon, strawberry or pineapple , and usd it in partings. To do this, it is drawn into a pipette and evenly distributed throughout the scalp. A light massage is done with the fingertips. This method is suitable for freshly washed hair, as it prolongs its purity.
- Liquid honey and aloe gel are mixed in equal parts. The mixture is rubbed into the hair roots half an hour before shampooing.
- Aloe tincture is done this way: 5-6 fleshy leaves of the plant are poured 100 g of vodka. It should be insisted for 6-7 days. Rub before washing your hair. The course of procedures is up to 2 months.
Homemade masks with clay in the composition
Clay at the expense of absorbent products is a wonderful assistant in the fight against oily hair. At home, based on it, you can make masks. They cleanse the pores of the scalp, relieve inflammation and irritation, eliminate dandruff and add volume to curls.
Simple but effective recipes:
- In a non-metallic dish, mix clay with water or a herbal decoction until the consistency of thick sour cream. Before washing the head, distribute it along the roots, capturing a few inch of length. Leave to dry completely and rinse hair in the usual way. Make a mask no more than 1-2 times a week.
- In a ratio of 1: 2, mix the clay in kefir or yogurt. Rub the resulting mixture abundantly into the scalp and keep it for about half an hour.
Mechanical exfoliation of the scalp is a must when caring for oily hair. The accumulated fat covers the scalp with a film, thereby disrupting the metabolism in the follicles and not passing oxygen to them.
Therefore, on a regular basis (no more than 3-4 times a month) it is necessary to make a salt scrub. It will not only remove residual impurities, but also improve blood microcirculation.
The fastest way to make a scrub: mix finely divided salt with water until sour cream. Use it on shampooed hair. The resulting mixture is rubbed lightly along the parting, and then washed off with water. At the end, the hair must be washed again in the usual way.
Masks with healthy oils
Oils are not a taboo in the care of oily hair. In fact, they will help in the fight against them. They contain substances that dissolve subcutaneous fat and reduce the production of skin secretion.
Light oils are suitable for masks: grape seed, almond, sesame, broccoli, macadamia. They can be used individually or mixed together in equal proportions. For better penetration, they must be heated in a water bath, then applied to the hair roots and rubbed into the scalp, simultaneously making a massage.
You can also make more complex masks with oils:
- To 3-4 tablespoon of base oil add 4 drops of essential oil: needles, bergamot, eucalyptus, peppermint, rosemary or orange.
- In equal proportions, mix grape seed oil, almond and liquid honey. Add 3-4 drops of grapefruit or lemon oil to the mixture.
Rinsing with decoctions of herbs
Each shampoo can be completed by rinsing clean hair with decoctions of herbs. They will relieve irritation, strengthen the follicles and smooth out the hair cuticle.
For these purposes, fit:
- Oak bark;
- burdock root.
Cooking a decoction is quite simple:
- Before washing the head, 2 large tablespoons of herbal collection are poured 0,3 gallon of boiling water.
- The broth settles for 40-50 minutes.
- Then you can rinse your hair with a cool broth.
Oak bark and horsetail are not just steamed, but are boiled for several minutes.
Masks with vodka and cognac
Vodka and brandy do not deliver nutrients to the scalp, they have another purpose: to dissolve the released fat and improve the effect of other ingredients included in the mask.
Based on cognac, such a mask is made:
- Cognac, honey and clay powder are mixed in equal proportions (1 teaspoons each). To this mixture is added 1 chicken yolk and 3-4 drops of essential oil.
- To put the received mask on partings, any base oil is suitable for length. After 20-30 minutes rinse with shampoo.
Mask with vodka:
- Mix 1 large spoonfuls of vodka, lemon juice and liquid honey. Then add 1 chicken yolk.
- Such a mask is kept on the hair for no more than 20-30 minutes and is done once a week. The course lasts 2 months.
A simple but effective mask for oily hair is made on the basis of potatoes. For it, you need to grate 2-3 potatoes on a fine grater, and carefully squeeze the juice out of them. To prevent pieces from falling into the mixture, it must be passed through a fine sieve. Then a glass of kefir is added to it.
The mask is abundantly applied to the roots with massage movements and left for half an hour. To eliminate the smell of kefir, and in the end, the hair can be rinsed with acidified water.
The easiest way to prepare a universal mask for oily hair at home is to make it from rye bread.
The first recipe:
- Soften the bread by soaking it in hot water.
- Strain the liquid from the resulting crumb.
- Rub softened bread crumbs into the hair roots and wrap your head in a plastic bag and towel.
- After 30-40 minutes rinse with shampoo.
The second recipe:
- Pour a few pieces of bread with kefir and set aside in a warm place.
- When the bread swells, the mixture should be thoroughly mixed until porridge.
- Moisten the hair roots with spray water and apply a mask on them, leave it for 30-40 minutes, then rinse.
Mustard mask not only remarkably dries oily scalp, but also strengthens hair. Due to its warming properties, it quickly exfoliates the skin and stimulates local blood circulation.
The mask is done this way:
- In 2-3 large tablespoons of water, dissolve 1 large tablespoons of mustard powder and 1 small tablespoons of sugar. Add 1 egg yolk and 2-3 tablespoon of base oil to the mixture.
- To protect the length of the hair, any oil mixture should be rubbed into it, and a mask should be applied to the roots.
- For the first procedure, it is enough to withstand the mixture for 12-15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. It is best to do this while standing in the shower so that the mustard fumes do not burn the mucous membranes and respiratory tract.
If the mask bakes strongly, then it must be washed off immediately.
Often, special medications are used to treat oily seborrhea and dandruff. The trichologist prescribes tests to determine the cause of the disease, and then prescribes the necessary therapy.
If the disease arose due to a malfunction in the central nervous system, the doctor will prescribe to take sedatives. They will remove the effects of stress, which later will reduce the greasiness of the scalp.
- magnesium and B vitamins;
- new passit.
To treat the scalp, antifungal ointments or creams are prescribed, the active substance of which is:
- trometamine ketorolac;
To treat s
evere seborrhea, doctors resort to hormonal ointments and gels.
Also, for the proper cleansing and elimination of the fungus, shampoos are prescribed:
Top 5 best shampoos for oily hair
The most popular shampoos, designed specifically for washing oily hair, according to statistics on forums and many sites about the use of cosmetic products, are considered such funds:
- Shampoo DNC for oily hair.
- Nano Organic Shampoo for oily hair.
- Shampoo for oily hair Savon Noir.
- Savonry Oily Hair Shampoo Meadow Freshness.
- Shampoo GREEN MAMA for oily hair “Blackcurrant and nettle.”
Home care is just one way to solve the problem of oily hair. A long and lasting result is ensured by passing a course of cosmetology procedure.
To reduce the active work of the sebaceous glands, such therapy is suitable:
- Ozone Therapy Ozone molecules have bactericidal properties, reduce the enhanced activity of the sebaceous glands, and accelerate skin regeneration.
- Mesotherapy It implies the introduction of injections into the scalp, which contain enzymes, vitamins and medications.
- Cryotherapy. Liquid nitrogen is used, which exposes the hair follicles to shock due to extremely low temperature. Under its influence, blood vessels contract and expand, which saturates the cells with oxygen.
- Darsonval. The device acts on the scalp with an impulsive current, thereby expanding the blood vessels and affecting the nerve endings.
- Laser shower. Accelerates cell regeneration due to exposure to quantum radiation, infrared rays and electromagnetic fields.
- Plasma therapy. For the procedure, the patient’s plasma is taken, which is injected into the scalp. It activates stem cells and enhances local immunity.
Competent and thorough care is the first thing that requires oily hair. What to do at home, trichologists will tell.
Experts give the following recommendations:
- To clean the scalp as soon as it becomes dirty.
- Only warm water is suitable for washing oily hair.
- Use gentle transparent shampoos or medical products.
- Do not apply cosmetic masks and balms close to the scalp.
- Do regular peeling of the scalp.
- Clean your comb daily and change your pillowcase as often as possible.
- Reduce the use of hair dryers and other hot styling appliances.
- Maintain water balance throughout the day.
Oily hair requires careful care. Therefore, at home, you need to follow all the recommendations of a trichologist for caring for curls and scalp. It is necessary to regularly make masks and peels, use suitable shampoos, and also monitor the dynamics of changes.
Video on methods to deal with the problem of oily hair
Why hair quickly becomes oily and what can be done about it:
How to wash your hair: