Good hair styling is already half the look. Visiting a hairdresser every day is a pleasure that is not accessible to everyone, but this does not mean at all that it is impossible to make a hairstyle yourself, because you can create hairstyles using photos and instructions, including for medium-length hair.
- What tools and materials are used for styling
- The technique of styling medium length hair with various tools
- How to style your hair dryer
- How to curl and straighten your hair with an iron – step by step
- Curling – technique and rules
- Diffuser Laying Technique
- How to curl hair – which way
- What are curlers and how to use them
- Dry hair styling: step by step
- Styling methods
- How to style bangs
- Fast styling in 5 minutes
- How to make curls
- Beautiful curls ringlets
- How to make light waves
- Feather styling
- Volumetric styling
- How to make a magnificent tail
- How to achieve smooth straight hair
- Easy everyday styling
- Evening and holiday hairstyles
- Beautiful styling: photo
- Secrets of a successful hairstyle
- Video styling hair for medium hair, photos of beautiful hairstyles
What tools and materials are used for styling
The choice of tools and styling products depends on the length of the hair.
A standard medium length hair styling kit consists of:
- combs and brushes of various types;
- curlers, forceps of various shapes;
- clips, invisible and hair clips;
- hair dryer;
- mousse, foam or lotion to give hair extra volume;
- Spray to give shine to hair and varnish for additional fixation.
With such a simple set, it is quite possible to style hair at home, without resorting to the help of a hairdresser.
The technique of styling medium length hair with various tools
How to style your hair dryer
Styling hair with a hairdryer is quite simple. However, just before the installation itself, it is necessary to recall some rules for working with a hairdryer.
These are the rules:
- In no case should you dry very wet hair with a hairdryer, it is better to dry it with a towel beforehand and only after a while use a hair dryer.
- Before blow drying your hair, it is better to apply a little protective agent (wet spray or hair cream with the effect of thermal protection) to wet hair, this will help to comb your hair better after drying and relieve the effect of electrification.
- For styling, you must definitely use a hair spray, because unlike mousses and foam it penetrates the hair structure faster.
- Drying hair using a hairdryer can only be done with cool or slightly warm air, since high temperature, breaking the structure of the hair, makes them brittle.
- It is not recommended to use a hairdryer daily, hairdressers are advised to do this styling no more than 4 times a week.
Hair styling is done in a variety of ways on medium hair (photo of hairstyles can be seen below).
The simplest and most affordable styling methods:
- To add a little volume to the daily hairstyle, use a round hair brush, on which you should wind the hair and in this position blow dry it with a hairdryer.
- To achieve perfect straight hair styling, curls are wound on the brush, pulling it down a little. You need to blow dry your hair while directing the air flow from top to bottom. Such styling will take a little longer, because you will have to pay attention to the entire length of the hair and especially the tips that are difficult to straighten.
- To create hairstyles with a large volume, styling is done, starting from the very roots of the hair. To do this, combing your hair well, you need to raise a strand of hair near the root system and direct a stream of warm air there. The ends of the hair in such a styling are twisted both up and down, and if desired, left straight.
- Stylists recommend fixing any hairstyle with a strong or medium fixation varnish, depending on how long the hairstyle should last. In addition, after styling, you can use hair gloss.
How to curl and straighten your hair with an iron – step by step
To straighten naughty locks, use an iron with a wide plate, and for curling hair, on the contrary, models with a narrow one are usually used.
Metal unsafe coating for hair. It is safer to use ceramic coated models. They differ in a more gentle effect on the hair. Teflon coated model hair will be saved as much as possible. With the help of ironing, medium-length hair is laid in “beach curls”, because it looks like styling as if the girl had just been on the beach.
To create such a styling you need:
- previously apply a heat-protective spray to curls;
- twist the strands of hair into bundles, given that the larger the bundles, the larger the styling waves will be;
- each tourniquet is carefully passed through the iron; you can twist into strands not completely strands, but only the ends of the hair;
- Upon completion of styling, carefully distribute the curls with your hands and fix with hairspray.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Curling – technique and rules
Many women know that, despite the ease of use, creating a hairstyle using a curling iron has its own subtleties and even tricks:
- Depending on the diameter of the curling iron, both large and small curls are obtained.
- In order not to burn hair, it is better to use a curling iron with a ceramic coating.
- To create a hairstyle using a curling iron is necessary only for clean, freshly washed hair, since many hair products, including varnish, are easily flammable.
- So that the ends of the hair are not overdried, it is better to use special oils to care for them.
You can make a simple hairstyle a curler by following a simple algorithm:
- All hair is divided into 4 zones – temporal, occipital and parietal. In some cases, if the hair is very thick, the parietal part of the hair is divided in two.
- Curl hair from the back of the head, starting with the lower layers of hair.
- To make the hairstyle look spectacular, it is better to wind small strands, in addition, the thinner the strand, the better it will warm up, which means it will fix.
- To make the curl look neat, it should be wound from the root, for this purpose it is necessary to hold a lock of hair at the roots and wind a curl with a hand on the curling iron.
- It is not recommended to heat the hair with a curling iron for more than 40 seconds, so as not to damage them.
- Once the strands on the back of the head are twisted, you should go to the crown of the head, and then to the curls on the temples. At the end of the twisting of the strands, the hair is evenly distributed throughout the head.
- When the hair has cooled, it should be combed a little or separated by hands.
- At the very end, you need to fix the hairstyle a little with varnish, but it should be sprayed from afar so as not to burden the hairstyle.
Diffuser Laying Technique
Hair styling with a diffuser is the most gentle procedure, since it does not dry out the scalp and hair is not injured. Using a diffuser, you can make gentle curls, and curls, and a wide variety of voluminous hairstyles.
For each hair length, it is recommended to use a specific type of diffuser nozzle. For medium-length hair, it is proposed to use the option of a nozzle with short teeth.
When styling hair with a diffuser, they are based on the following rules:
- The hair is washed well and dried a little with a towel, and then a small amount of mousse or any other hair styling product is applied to them.
- Dividing the hair into 2 parts, it is necessary to dry them with a diffuser.
- The upper part of the hair should be tidied up with a hairpin and first begin to style the lower part.
- Strands are neatly placed on the diffuser, while the nozzle itself is firmly pressed against the head.
- To make the styling look more voluminous, you can also do circular massage movements.
- An interesting styling is obtained if, during the drying of the hair, the head is rotated in different directions.
- If you need to get more elastic curls, then use the nozzle in the direction from bottom to top.
- The finished hairstyle should always be fixed with a cold stream of air, and at the very end with varnish.
How to curl hair – which way
Sometimes it happens that a huge amount of time is spent on styling the hair, but the hairstyle looks untidy.
To avoid this situation, it is important to follow the rules of ideal curls:
- If the hair is naughty and also poorly kept in shape, be sure to use pre-care products, and also apply very little varnish before they begin to form a hairstyle.
- Before you begin to twist the curls, you should determine the side in which you need to do a twist. In order for the hair to have a natural look, it is better to twist the hair from the face.
- One of the common mistakes when curling hair is to scroll the hair tool, not the curls themselves.
- Do not twist the curl itself before winding it on the curling iron, as a result, the heating will be uneven and the curl will take on an unkempt appearance.
- They wind the hair from the roots, and not from the ends, then the curls will look more noble and curled in one direction.
What are curlers and how to use them
When creating a beautiful and fashionable hairstyle, do not forget about such a simple hair styling tool as curlers, of which there are several types for all kinds of hairstyles and styling:
- Hedgehog curlers are so named because, due to their texture, they adhere perfectly to their hair. The use of this type of curler contributes to the rapid drying of hair and the creation of a lush, voluminous hairstyle. Velcro curlers, as they are also called, are suitable for girls with medium or even short hair, and owners of long hair should not use them: hair can be seriously tangled. Also, stylists do not recommend using this type of curler for those with thin and brittle hair;
- Curlers with a velvet coating are called velvet curlers, these curlers are very popular among stylists, as they help to create spectacular hairstyles without causing strong harm to the hair. Velvet curlers come in various lengths and diameters and are suitable for any hair. On hair such curlers are fixed with plastic sticks, which are inserted into a special hole;
- Plastic thermal hair curlers are familiar to most American women, their accessibility and ease of use make them still popular. Before curling curls, heat curlers must be brought to a boil and only then begin to curl, so such curlers are not the most sparing way to curl hair;
- Foam curlers are great for curling hair at night. On the one hand, this is the advantage of this type of curler over other types, but, on the other hand, because of the soft texture of the curler, the hairstyle does not always please with the expected result;
Natural hair curlers are very similar to Velcro curlers, but they are fixed to the hair with the help of special sticks. It is these curlers that stylists do not recommend using, since when creating a styling and blow-drying a heated metal base will cause great damage to the hair;
- Boomerang curlers differ from all others in shape and in the ability to use them for curling any hair – from short to medium. Such curlers are completely safe even if you spend all day in them. Using this type of curler, you can form both large and small curls, depending on their diameter.
For curling medium hair, a variety of curlers are used. But before you give preference to a particular look, you should first decide on the hairstyle. Depending on this, it is already necessary to wind the hair onto foam rubber, spiral or other curlers. And to learn the art of creating hair styling at home, rely on photo instructions.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Dry hair styling: step by step
When there is absolutely no time to wash your hair, but styling is necessary, you can put your hair in order with a dry shampoo:
- It is necessary to comb hair well and divide it into strands.
- Starting from the occipital area, you need to wind the curls with the help of an ironing or curling iron.
- When the strands have cooled, you should carefully apply dry shampoo on them, which will refresh the hair and help fix it.
- Each curl should be beaten with your fingers, and the hairstyle is ready.
How to style bangs
There are several rules for styling a bang:
- To l
ay the bangs to the side, the hairdryer should be directed from the bottom up. When the hair is dry, they should be combed to the side, while holding the hair dryer vertically.
- So that the straight bangs do not stick to the forehead, it is better to lift the hair roots with a comb, and use varnish to fix it.
- To add volume to a straight bang, a round brush will help, on which a curl and a hairdryer are wound.
Fast styling in 5 minutes
One of the easiest styling options:
- It is good to dry your hair with a hairdryer, giving it an extra volume.
- At the roots, slightly raise the hair with a comb and in this position fix the hair with varnish.
- If desired, you can twist the ends in or out.
How to make curls
To make gentle curls at home, you must:
- Treat hair over its entire length with a heat-protective spray.
- Separate all hair into curls, and then each strand separately, starting from the back of the head, hold it with an iron and gently stretch it down, in no case processing the same curl again.
- Upon completion of styling, twist the ends of the hair up or down.
Beautiful curls ringlets
To make beautiful curls when there is no curling iron at hand, hairpins will help:
- First you need to moisturize your hair with clean water.
- Then you should decide how frequent curls I would like to get. Then form cones, which are fixed with a hairpin. The more such cones and the smaller they are, the smaller the curls will turn out.
- After 6 hours, you need to unwind the hair, slightly beat it with your hands and sprinkle with varnish.
How to make light waves
To give the curls extra volume and decorate the hairstyle with light waves, it is necessary:
- rinse hair, be sure to use a balm, and dry it without a hair dryer;
- comb slightly damp hair and apply a small amount of the following mixture on them: a small amount of serum mixed with gel or any hair fixer;
- dividing the curls into small strands, twist them in a spiral and dry with a diffuser from the bottom up, starting from the back of the head;
- After fixing the hairstyle with a cold stream of air, lightly sprinkle hair with varnish.
Feather styling is a great option for a festive hairstyle for medium hair that is cut in a cascade.
It may seem that you can achieve such hair styling only in the salon, but in fact, if you follow the step-by-step photo of the instruction, a good result will turn out at home.
To do this, you need:
- wash your hair and wipe it thoroughly with a towel;
- apply on a slightly damp hair to add volume;
- blow dry the hair, but so that each strand of hair is laid in a thin comb slightly to one side and dried separately;
- use a little varnish to fix.
To create the most voluminous styling, you need a round brush and a hairdryer.
To do bulk styling at home, you need:
- apply styling agent to hair;
- raise individual strands a little and wind them using a brush;
- blow dry the hair using warm air and not bringing the hair dryer closer than 5’9 inch to the hair;
- Spray hair with varnish or spray fixative.
How to make a magnificent tail
Hairstyle “tail” is one of the simplest and most unpretentious, but even this hairstyle is turned into a festive, using some tricks:
- The hair must be thoroughly combed, collected on the back of the head or crown with an elastic band.
- From the bottom of the tail, carefully extend one strand of hair and hide the elastic under it, fixing the end of the strand with a hairpin.
Another installation option is implemented as follows:
- comb the hair at the roots;
- without combing the hair, collect it on the back of the head, smoothing the protruding curls;
- the resulting tail is combed with a small comb or curled with a curling iron;
- fix the hair with varnish.
How to achieve smooth straight hair
There are several ways to achieve the effect of smooth straight hair:
- long-term hair straightening in the salon;
- hair straightening with an iron;
- hair straightening with the secrets of folk cosmetology.
The last option should be discussed in more detail, since this is one of the most affordable ways.
Smooth and straight hair will make products such as:
- cognac applied to the hair;
- strong black tea;
- rinsing hair with a solution of vinegar;
- nourishing beer mask;
- applying coffee to hair;
- use for straightening honey and lemon.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Easy everyday styling
Some of the simplest hair styling for medium hair are those that do not require any special devices and do not take much time.
But this does not mean that in the photo,
for example, the hair will not look spectacular:
- To get volumetric styling for medium hair, you need to blow dry your hair, tilting your head down. In that case, if in this styling I would like to see straight curls, you need to pull the hair down with a comb during drying.
- A variant of light curls is obtained without suffering from a curling iron or curlers, it is enough just to braid the braids from slightly moistened hair for the night, and in the morning to braid them, but do not comb, but slightly disassemble them with your hands.
Evening and holiday hairstyles
Among holiday hair styling on medium hair, the following is popular:
- Styling agent is applied to wet hair.
- Using a hairdryer and a round comb, create volume at the roots.
- Comb the hair at the roots.
- With the help of a curling iron or ironing, twist thin strands and fix the hairdo with varnish.
Another styling for medium hair can often be seen on movie stars, according to numerous photos on the Internet.
Hair style as follows:
- The styling agent is applied to slightly wet hair.
- Divide hair into two parts.
- Comb your hair and, if you want to make volume at the roots, dry with a hair dryer and a round comb.
- Comb the hair to one side and twist one side.
- Spray hair with varnish.
Beautiful styling: photo
Secrets of a successful hairstyle
If you use the help of a stylist, you need to choose one who will always meet the needs, listen to the desires and will not disappoint. If the styling is created at home, you should exclude the bathroom and the kitchen from the places of creation, since in these places there is always high humidity, which means that the hairstyle will not last long.
Take into account the time of year and weather conditions when creating hair styling , since many hairstyles designed for medium-length hair, judging by the photo, are not designed for rainy or windy weather.
When choosing a styling for medium hair, you must remember that it is much easier to create a beautiful hairstyle from well-groomed hair. Even minimal efforts in this case give a good result.
Video styling hair for medium hair, photos of beautiful hairstyles
How to make hair styling easy on medium hair:
Photos of beautiful styling on medium hair: