Eyelash extension allows you to achieve the desired shape, length and effect of curl hair for a long time , which saves time on daily makeup and removing it in the evening. Worn eyelashes look more aesthetic and more natural than false eyelashes.
- Techniques and technologies for eyelash extension
- Types of building
- Types of bends
- Length and thickness of hairs
- Effects for Eyelash Extensions
- Fixing material
- How eyelash extensions work
- How long does eyelash extensions last
- How long does eyelash extensions last
- Care for extended eyelashes and correction.
- Is eyelash extensions harmful
- Feasible side effects
- Eyelash Recovery After Extension
- Contraindications to eyelash extensions
- Useful videos about eyelash extensions (techniques and photos)
Techniques and technologies for eyelash extension
- Japanese (ciliary) – consists in fixing each artificial eyelash to the client’s natural eyelash using special glue. Such eyelashes look most natural, because the places of attachment of artificial eyelashes are not visible, and less often need correction, since the loss of one natural eyelash does not lead to a decrease in the bundle of extended eyelashes. For hairs use natural mink or sable fur, silk. The shortest hairs are attached to the eyelashes at the inner corner of the eye, gradually increasing their length to the outer corner. Hair made from natural materials does not tolerate moisture and heat.
– a technique for ciliary building, similar to the Japanese, but using hairs from synthetic materials: silicone or rubber. Synthetic hairs are not afraid of contact with water and sudden changes in temperature.
– consists in the cilia hair extensions on a special glue containing vitamin complexes to strengthen natural eyelashes.
– creating eyelash volume (2D-5D), which is achieved by attaching mini-beams from 2 to 5 eyelashes to each natural eyelash. The absence of the effect of “false eyelashes” is achieved through the use of hairs with a thickness of 0/32 inch
is a quick method of extension, in which small bundles are attached, not single cilia. The disadvantages of the method are an unnatural appearance and a short-lived effect.
Types of building
– consists in fixing artificial hairs from the outer corner of the eye to the middle of the ciliary edge. If the client’s eyelashes are naturally light, they need to be painted before the procedure, since mascara cannot be used after extension.
Incomplete extension – allows you to add volume to long and rare eyelashes. To do this, attach hairs having the same length with the natural eyelashes of the client. The hairs are fixed at a short distance.
Full extension – increase the volume and length of the eyelashes throughout the ciliary edge. When using the technique of ciliary building using high-quality materials and the right technique, its effect lasts up to 2-3 months.
Extension in 2 rows (3
) – allows you to make a bright accent on the eyes. Achieved by ciliary extension with attachment of 2 artificial hairs to 1 natural eyelash.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Types of bends
– imperceptible – bending is present only in the lower, attached part of the eyelashes. Outwardly, it looks like a slight, natural curvature of the eyelashes.
B – insignificant – also imitates the natural curvature of the eyelashes, but slightly more pronounced than the straight line. Suitable for almond shaped eyes.
C – medium – gives the effect of curl to the eyelashes, allows you to open your eyes. Suitable for girls using twisting mascara and tongs.
(CC) – medium – is used for deep-set eyes, with the lowering of the upper eyelid, and eyelashes that grow down. Corrects minor imperfections in appearance.
M – significant – due to bending, the length and volume of the eyelashes additionally increases. Allows you to adjust the overall appearance of eyelashes with lowered growth of natural hairs.
– very strong – gives the effect of “doll eyelashes”. Suitable for evening makeup, for girls using makeup with eye shadow in everyday life. Not suitable for the convex shape of the eyes and for girls over 35 years old.
– very strong – suitable for the eastern section of the eyes and deep-set eyes, as well as girls who wear glasses.
+ – very strong – smoother than L. It allows you to achieve the effect of an open look, suitable for an overhanging century. It looks smooth and natural.
Length and thickness of hairs
- Materials for building:
Mink hair ( 0/32 – 0/32 inch) – thin and light hairs that look like natural eyelashes.
- Sable hair ( 0/32 – 0/32 inch) – thicker hairs that give the effect of mascara tinted eyelashes. They make it harder to look, differ in a short sock. Suitable for festive events.
- Silk ( 0/32 – 0/32 inch) – the thinnest and lightest hairs. Add volume and length to the eyelashes without making them heavier. Suitable for daily wear, but do not tolerate high temperatures and constant contact with moisture. Thick silk eyelashes have a smooth glossy texture.
- Synthetic (silicone or rubber) – practical, not afraid of contact with water. More rigid than natural materials. Suitable for creating a theatrical effect, for creating a festive image.
- 0/32 inch – create a natural look of eyelashes. Suitable for everyday wear, do not burden your eyes, hold for a long time.
- 0/32 inch – give the effect of natural eyelashes stained with mascara. Differ in average wear resistance.
- 0/32 inch – thick and stiff hairs that are used to create evening looks. Not recommended for everyday wear.
- 0/32 inch – give the effect of “false eyelashes”. The service life is short due to the large weight of the hairs. Suitable for a festive event.
Effects for Eyelash Extensions
- Natural – used to make the eyelashes look thicker, but natural. For extension use hairs 8/32 – 13/32 inch long, but not longer than natural eyelashes by 3/32 inch. Suitable for almond-shaped eyes.
- Fox – implies a smooth increase in the length of hairs to the outer corner of the eyes. Suitable for round eye shape, for those close to the nose bridge.
- Squirrel effect – emphasizes the eyes of the amygdala and convex shape. The emphasis of length goes to the outer corners of the eyes, making the incision of the eyes more slanted.
- Beam-shaped (sparse) – the use of alternately short villi corresponding to their natural length, with long eyelashes. It turns out the effect of “wet” eyelashes – length without weighting the volume.
- Puppet effect – not applicable for everyday wear. Use long hairs (12-16mm) with a pronounced bend. The length of the artificial hairs is the same throughout the ciliary edge.
- Cocktail – suitable for photo shoots and performances. Along with black hairs, add color eyelashes for extension along the entire growth line or in the outer corner of the eye.
- Millennium – for photo shoots and performances. Use not only long and colored cilia, but also rhinestones, feathers and other decorative elements.
- Rubber glue – chemical rubber. Rarely causes allergies, reliably fixes eyelashes, inexpensive. More often made in black.
- Latex glue – used for beam building, and contains rubber powder. It freezes for a long time, as it is very viscous. May cause an allergy. Suitable for fixing natural and artificial hairs.
- Silicone glue – transparent, hypoallergenic and durable. Not afraid of water and high temperatures. Only suitable for beam extensions.
- Gummy glue – consists of wood resin, gives a strong fixation, waterproof. Suitable for ciliary hair extensions and natural and synthetic materials. May cause an allergy.
- Combined – adhesives containing resin and latex (Dolce Vita Ultra Super Bonding).
- Modified – chemically improved silicone adhesives or supplemented with a vitamin complex.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
How eyelash extensions work
- The skin around the eyes gets rid of makeup. Eyelashes are wiped with a degreasing compound.
- Material for building and technology is selected to obtain the desired result.
- The upper eyelashes are separated from the lower ones with the help of special stickers.
- With tweezers, the base of each artificial hair is dipped in special glue and fixed on a natural eyelash at the line of its growth.
- If necessary, the master removes excess glue from the eyelashes.
How long does eyelash extensions last
The eyelash extension time depends on the technique used, the material, the experience of the master and the type of extension:
- Beam building – takes up to half an hour.
- Ciliary augmentation – takes 1.5-2.5 hours. Duration depends on:
- Glue used. Thick resin adhesives can harden for up to 5 minutes, while synthetic polymers – 30-90 seconds;
- The density of natural eyelashes. Eyelash extensions on thick eyelashes will take longer;
- Full or incomplete building – building corners will be 2 times faster than full;
- Extension in one or two rows – the more volume you need to give the eyelashes, the more you need to attach hairs, and spend more time.
- Experience of the master – experienced masters fix eyelashes faster and give them the correct shape and position.
How long does eyelash extensions last
Waxed eyelashes are attached to the natural, so when the latter fall out, glued hairs are also lost.
The wearing time of extended eyelashes depends on:
- Eyelash update rates. Eyelashes are fully renewed in 3-6 months.
- Adhesive strength and compliance with building technology – building adhesives give fixation from 1 to 3 months.
- The thickness and length of artificial eyelashes – the thicker, longer and heavier eyelashes – the faster they will provoke the loss of the natural hair to which they are attached.
- Compliance with eyelash care tips.
The effect of the extension can last up to 1.5-2 months, but after 2-3 weeks you need to carry out eyelash correction.
Care for extended eyelashes and correction.
Correction is needed to replenish eyelashes that have fallen with the natural hairs of the client. For 2-3 weeks after building up to 40-50% of eyelashes is lost, so you need to do their correction.
Correction (correction) is carried out as follows:
- The master clarifies whether it is convenient for the client to wear eyelashes of the length and thickness that were originally extend
ed. If not, other materials are selected (adhesives, lighter and thinner hairs);
- the upper eyelashes are separated from the lower and the eyelashes are carefully combed out, which should fall out in the next 2-3 days;
- eyelashes are degreased using a special primer;
- new eyelashes are attached to the grown hairs with glue;
- if necessary, the master removes excess glue from the eyelashes, combes them and gives them the desired shape.
You can extend the service time of extended eyelashes if you properly care for them:
- On the day of building, you can not wash, swim, go to the pool. This is necessary for the final polymerization of the adhesive.
- Better not to use mascara. If you need to make up eyelashes – you can not use water-resistant mascara. You need to pick up water-based mascara.
- For makeup remover, it is worth using water-based products.
- You can’t sleep with your face in a pillow, usd your eyes and feel your eyelashes – contact with them should be minimized.
Is eyelash extensions harmful
Eyelash extensions are not harmful if:
- High-quality materials for professional building are used.
- Choose an experienced wizard.
- Matched eyelashes will not overload their own.
- Removing eyelashes to do in the cabin using a remover – a special safe solvent-free adhesive for eyelashes.
- Care for the skin of the eyelids: make vitamin masks, etc.
Feasible side effects
- Allergy to glue for eyelashes or hairs made of wool.
- Conjunctivitis (when glue enters the mucous membrane of the upper eyelid, if the eyelash extension technique is not followed, when they are attached in the wrong position).
- Strengthening eyelash loss (with long wearing heavy eyelashes, designed to be worn for 1-2 days).
- Break off the tips of the eyelashes (with careless fastening of artificial hairs – in case of inexperience of the master).
- Removing extended eyelashes with your own (when removing them at home without using a suitable remover).
Eyelash Recovery After Extension
If you need to remove them after wearing eyelashes, then your eyelashes can be thinner and shorter than before building, because these are new hairs that grow back after falling out of the previous ones.
You can enhance the growth of eyelashes when caring for the skin of the eyelids and the follicles themselves:
- If, when wearing eyelashes, a client notes a loss of more than 5-7 hairs per day, a consultation with a trichologist is needed.
- Vitamin replenishment: after makeup removal in the evening on clean eyelashes you need to apply an oil solution of a mixture of vitamins A and E, soaking the excess with a cotton pad. You can prepare an oil solution from castor oil mixed with 1-2 capsules of Aevit vitamins – but then it is important to avoid getting the oil mixture into your eyes.
- Oily solution 1-2 times a week can be used as a mask for the skin of the eyelids and eyelashes. To do this, warm the oil to body temperature (36-38 degrees) and apply a thin layer on a cotton swab over your eyelids for 40 minutes.
- Mask with aloe juice. In equal proportions, you need to mix aloe juice, burdock oil and castor oil, and add 3 drops of vitamin E. This mixture is applied to clean skin of the eyelids for 30 minutes. You can do this mask 1-2 times a week.
- Self-massage of the skin of the eyelids. With light, delicate movements, you can massage your eyelids: the lower one from the outer corner to the inner one, and the upper one in the opposite direction. It is best to combine massage with a mask for the skin of the eyelids – this way the skin will receive more nutrients. During massage, you need to ensure that there is no skin tension – this can lead to wrinkles or their increase. Movements should be soaking or patting.
- Herbal infusion for eyelash loss. 1 teaspoon mix chamomile, thyme, calendula and sage, and pour them with boiling water. Let it brew for 1 hour. Then a cotton swab is moistened in the infusion and applied to the skin of the eyelids for 15 minutes.
- Vitamin A and E enriched diet . It is useful to eat fatty fish, liver, egg yolks, any nuts, seeds, flax seeds, sweet potato, vegetables and red fruits (carrots, tomatoes, beets, paprika, pumpkin), drink tea from rose hips, add red pepper to food. Vegetables must be in the form of a salad – raw and with vegetable oil or sour cream.
Contraindications to eyelash extensions
- allergy with symptomatic conjunctivitis;
- increased lacrimation;
- violation of the general somatic state: diseases of internal organs in the stage of sub- and decompensation, blood diseases during the exacerbation, exacerbation of chronic inflammatory diseases, pregnancy, diabetes mellitus and other metabolic disorders in the stage of sub- and decompensation.
- Immune status violation: specific inflammatory diseases (tuberculosis, syphilis), immunosuppressive conditions (HIV infection, consequences of radiation and chemotherapy).
- Violation of mental status: epilepsy, MDP, other mental disorders (period of exacerbation);
- Acute respiratory infections;
- Increased hair loss (pre – consultation with a trichologist).
Useful videos about eyelash extensions (techniques and photos)
If you decide to do the extension, it is important to remember that for the first time it is advisable to have the procedure performed by an experienced cosmetologist in order to avoid difficulties, unpleasant consequences and minimize possible harm to your own hairs.
You should not skimp when choosing a beauty salon and masters, because by carrying out the building procedure yourself or with an inexperienced specialist, the probability of getting not the result that was expected is quite large. Take care of yourself, dear women!