Eye patches – a product that came to us from Asia recently. Many women still do not fully understand what it is, what effect this remedy produces and how to use it.
- Indications for use
- Eye benefit
- How to apply
- How often to use
- Application time
- Types of Patches
- Hydrogel and gel species
- Collagen Remedies
- For eyelids
- With gold
- With snail mucus extract
- Patches from around the world
- Rating of the best patches
- The most popular patches for various purposes
- From irritation and allergies
- Anti-aging agent
- From bags under the eyes and swelling
- From dark circles
- For nutrition and hydration
- To stimulate blood circulation
- For quick restoration of tired skin around the eyes
- Homemade mask patches
- Mask of cucumber and roses
- Video on the topic: Patches for the eyes
Indications for use
The skin in the eye area is subtle, for this reason, in the process of growing up, the changes are manifested here first of all. For this purpose, special masks are great.
Eye patches – what is it, it is necessary to understand before use. They are made in the form of small pillows in the shape of an arc. They are often made from hydrogel – this is a jelly-like mass that contains a huge list of useful ingredients.
More masks are made from non-woven fabric. They include a long list of vitamins and minerals, extracts of various plant substances, essential oils, antioxidants and other substances important to the human body.
In a short time, patches give the skin a nourishing effect and provide moisture saturation for a long period. A number of patches are created to obtain a rejuvenating effect.
- They are nourished with vitamins. Patches containing extracts of natural herbal remedies, retinol and placenta – give the skin a nourishing effect, thus providing it with an elastic state, and give it a fresh and healthy appearance.
- Moisturize. A complex of vitamins A, a group of vitamins B, and also vitamin D are included in the composition of the patch impregnation agent, which helps to take care of the skin, saturate it with moisture.
- Smooth . Patches-masks with collagen and hyaluronic acid do an excellent job of getting rid of the first wrinkles. Also on the market there are patch masks for the eyes, the action of which resembles the action of Botox. Such remedies cope with several aging problems at once – smoothing out the first subtle wrinkles, getting rid of age-related pigmentation. The effect of such eye products is visible only with frequent use – about once every 7 days.
- Drain. A variety of patches that contribute to the removal of puffiness and – hydrogel patches. This is due to the fact that they adhere very tightly to the skin, useful components are more intensively absorbed and bring the necessary effect for a short period of exposure.
- Restore and rejuvenate . Typically, collagen, coenzyme, and seaweed extracts are used to impregnate such agents. This composition independently launches the skin rejuvenation process. It retains its elasticity and resilience for a long time.
You can not apply patches in the following cases:
- Allergic reaction. Before using cosmetics, you should carefully familiarize yourself with the composition and check the effect of the components of the mask on the back of the wrist. The effect should be expected within 2-3 days due to the fact that an allergic reaction does not always occur immediately.
- Vision problems (periodic or persistent). Some components of the composition of the patches in contact with the eyes can worsen health and reduce vision.
- Conjunctivitis . The composition of the patches will adversely affect developed or developing conjunctivitis. It is better to abandon the use of the drug until complete recovery.
- Damage. This item may include a rash, cuts, inflammation, scratches. Use the mask only after the complete healing of all of the above.
- Rosacea This is a disease due to which “stars” from the vessels appear on the face. Occurs due to circulatory disorders in the body. Patches in this case are contraindicated, because blood vessels can become even more noticeable, because the substances that make up the mask accelerate blood circulation.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to apply
- Rinse off makeup thoroughly.
- Wipe the patch area with tonic or lotion. Wait for the skin to dry completely.
- Open the package and stick the patch patch on the lower eyelid.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes. It is advisable at this time to be at rest – lie down or sit in a comfortable position.
- Removing the mask should be done carefully in the direction from the nose to the temples. The remaining product does not need to be washed off with water, you can simply drive it into the skin with your fingers.
- For additional care after using the patches, you can use eye cream.
How often to use
Opinions regarding this issue often differ. Some cosmetologists argue that the use of eye patches should only be an emergency solution, and the main preference should be given to eye creams.
In order to quickly see the result and maintain its effect for a longer period, patches should be used 1 or 2 times a week for 2-3 months.
Over such a period of time, fine wrinkles can be smoothed out, bruises and swelling under the eyes can be reduced or reduced, the skin will become softer, age spots and dryness will disappear.
However, this remedy will not be able to help solve the problem of deep wrinkles. It will require a strong cosmetic product, such as serum or cream, but they should be used regularly.
It depends on the individual characteristics and purpose of using the patches, however, most often in the instructions they write to apply them for about 15-20 minutes. This time is enough for the patches to convey all their useful properties and elements to the skin. If we talk about moisturizing patches, then they can be worn a little longer – about 30 minutes.
There are also tools that are intended for night use. Patches are glued before bedtime and removed in the morning. Such products are suitable for busy women.
Types of Patches
Hydrogel and gel species
Hydrogel eye patches are actively included in the life of women, which positively affects the market supply in this area. They are a mask of concentrated jelly – a drop-shaped hydrogel. The composition of such patches most often includes essential oils, vitamins A and E, grape seed oil and collagen.
These tools are very popular, as they combined extremely useful and necessary qualities. Hydrogel patches absorbed the very best of classic eye cream and special masks. They give a quick effect and long-term result.
These patches are distinguished by their convenience, because it is not necessary to lie when using them. You can safely move around without fear that patches will fall. Also, their peculiarity lies in the fact that they perform several functions for the skin at once – moisturizing, lifting, drainage, nutrition, getting rid of inflammation and age spots.
This property has given hydrogel patches application in other areas: in the area of nasolabial folds and mouth.
Patches for the eyes: what is it and why the most demanding ones, which include collagen, are not difficult to guess. They help restore a fresh and radiant appearance to the skin, help to eliminate fine facial wrinkles, and relieve dark circles under the eyes. The main component of these patches is algal collagen, vitamins A and E, herbal extracts.
- Smoothing and elasticizing the skin. The effect of collagen patches is complex, thanks to a large number of components and plant components.
- Ease of use . Patches just need to be taken out of the package and applied to the desired area without being distracted from household chores.
- Convenient format . Patches are recognized as more effective than eye cream, because the duration of its exposure is much longer.
The peculiarity of collagen patches is that they help to remove dark circles and swelling in a short time, while maintaining the effect for a long period.
This type of patch includes one type of silicone in its composition; methyltrimethicone is most often used. It is characterized by the fact that after contact with the skin, a thin film forms under the eyes. This is what helps to create the visual effect of smoothing the skin. The main focus of silicone patches is the anti-aging effect.
In addition to the cosmetological function, silicone patches (in the form of pillow-drops) are used as a protective agent in the process of staining or eyelash extensions. These are non-slip linings made of silicone, which helps to ideally isolate the skin under the lower eyelashes in the process of their extension or staining or when performing makeup in this area.
It is especially important that the shape of silicone patches for this kind of purpose is slightly different from patch masks. They repeat the shape of the lower eyelid and the walls of the nose.
The basis of the material from which fabric devices are made is cotton. It is pre-impregnated with cosmetic, vitamin and therapeutic substances, a cream with a high content of minerals and other substances useful for the skin. Fabric masks-patches when applied do not fit too tightly to the skin under the eyes, so their anti-aging effect is excluded.
Such patches basically give the skin nourishment and saturation with the useful vitamins and minerals that make up their composition. But this effect does not last long, again because of the specifics of their gluing to the skin. The advantage of fabric patches is their cost, compared with silicone, hydrogel or collagen, the price of fabric mask patches is much lower.
A product of this type only enters the American market, but has already earned popularity and demand. Patches for eyelids are distinguished by the fact that they are designed for the upper eyelid, respectively, differ from regular patches in shape. They most often have the shape of a circle, that is, they are designed for both the eyelid zone and the zone under the eye.
The composition of such patches is not much different from the standard ones – algae, oils, vitamins, collagen, hyaluron and more. Products for the eyelids are most often made from a hydrogel base (jelly mass). The main function of such pads is to smooth the skin on the moving eyelid, moisturize, and relieve swelling.
Patches created using hyaluronic acid are notable for their high cost. This is due to the fact that the hyaluron product itself is an extremely expensive product, and patches with its use can generally replace trips to the cosmetologist.
So, for example, in order for hyaluron to penetrate deep under the skin and give a long-term and high-quality effect, many manufacturers of patch masks placed micro needles on the inside of their products, which quickly help all substances from the patch to penetrate directly into the skin.
A key goal of hyaluronic patches is to combat premature skin aging and fine expression wrinkles. A nice bonus is the fact that this procedure gives the skin hydration. Unlike their predecessors, such patches should be left for 8-9 hours, and not for 15-20 minutes.
Gold patch masks are usually made gel or fabric. Their main component is biologically active gold. It easily penetrates the structure of the skin and acts on the skin from the inside. In addition to gold, in patches there are a huge number of other components. It all depends on the firm and the direction of action of the patches themselves.
The most common components in patches with gold:
- Chamomile or lavender . Promote nutrition and hydration of the skin under the eyes. They help relieve swelling and inflammation.
- Mint. Promotes cooling of the skin in those areas where it is applied. It improves blood circulation, which helps to improve the color of the skin under the eyes.
Grapefruit Bone Extract Helps to overcome the signs of premature skin aging
- Wormwood . It has an excellent protective tool against the influence of environmental factors, such as direct sunlight.
Problems that the patch mask with gold helps to fix:
- Sacks and bruises under the eyes . Patches help remove unnecessary fluid, improving blood circulation.
- Wrinkles. Patches are recommended to be used from the age of 25, so they will help to avoid premature aging.
- Dryness. A large number of components in the “gold” patches are aimed at restoration and nutrition.
With snail mucus extract
This extract is an extremely popular ingredient in cosmetics. It copes with the aging process, as it helps to intensively renew and restore the skin. This magical anti-aging effect of snail mucus is due to the presence of allantoin and collagen.
In addition to the main component, in patches there is a large amount of natural extract and oils, which are responsible for nutrition and hydration. Due to the presence of snail extract in the patches, a protective film forms on the surface of the skin, which helps to maintain the effect of using such mask patches for a long time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Patches from around the world
Eye patches – what it is in Asian countries they know firsthand, because it was there that such a concept first appeared. That is why in the Korean market you can find a variety of all kinds of patch masks. Korean products usually contain the following components – collagen, vegetable oils and extracts, hyaluronic acid and more.
Korean products are in great demand in the world market, as their pricing policy is much more loyal to European and American. However, in this market you can find luxury products, it all depends on financial capabilities and desires.
European cosmetics manufacturers caught the surge in patch popularity and also began to produce their own cosmetics. Products from Europe are of high cost and good quality. Usually patches made in Europe are made of hydrogel.
Like Korean models, they contain a large number of vitamins, minerals, oils and other plant components. The key feature of European products can only be called the fact that their main focus is getting rid of wrinkles and preventing premature skin aging.
American cosmetologists did not lag behind their Asian and European colleagues and also launched the production of miracle patches. In America, the patch industry places great emphasis on hydration and nutrition.
It’s all about bad ecology. As for pricing, the cost of patch masks in this country is not much different from the cost of patches in Europe. Korean manufacturers here are much better.
Rating of the best patches
- Japan Gals, Japonica. They help forever forget about the signs of fatigue and urban lifestyle, namely dark circles. They help get rid of wrinkles, expression lines and resulting from aging, give the skin moisture and nourish it with useful substances. Among the components used in patches there is collagen. It helps speed up cell repair.
- Gold Racoony Hydrogel Eye & Spot Patch. They contain grains of gold, which amazingly contribute to the harmonious maintenance of the water balance in the body and give it incredible elasticity for several applications. The second important component is adenosine, the best fighter with skin changes.
- Black Pearl & Gold Hydrogel Eye-Spot, Petitfee. The key advantage of this company’s patches is lightning fast hydration. The skin takes an even, smooth look.
- GF Hydrogel Golden Caviar Eye Patch, Orthia. They have a beneficial effect on the skin and gives it elasticity. This tool copes with age-related changes, helps to reduce swelling and helps to say goodbye to dark circles forever, the true signs of a modern lifestyle.
- Instant Patches LE LIFT, Chanel . Helps to cope with traces of fatigue and the consequences of poor ecology. Need to spend 15 minutes. in the evening and in the morning the effect will not take long. Best used with whey from the same series.
- Instant Patches Prodigy Powercell Eye Patch, Helena Rubinstein. Pretty expensive but extremely effective. Cope with many problems – fatigue, bags and circles under the eyes. With prolonged use gives a lifting effect and helps get rid of signs of aging.
The most popular patches for various purposes
From irritation and allergies
All kinds of ointments and drops are most often used for allergies, however, recently, anti-allergenic eye patch masks have become very popular.
The most popular of them are:
- Secret Key Gold Racoony Hydro.
- Petitfee Black Pearl & Gold.
Masks made in order to get rid of an allergic reaction often contain ingredients such as chamomile and lavender, which can eliminate inflammation and redness on the skin.
Crystal Eye collagen patch masks are recognized as one of the most popular in their segment. The main components are collagen and hyaluronic acid. These patches are made of gel and are w
hite. In addition to its excellent anti-aging effect, the product eliminates dark circles and tumors. This mask is applied overnight.
From bags under the eyes and swelling
Ella Bache Nutridermologie Lab Face Regard is a patch native to France. Their main function is to get rid of swelling and bags under the eyes.
This, with ease, can be achieved due to the content of caffeine in the composition, which quickly eliminates edema and helps to tone the blood vessels in the body.
From dark circles
Eye patches – what it is and how they can help a woman get rid of defects in the eye area, as well as the most effective means for these purposes further.
Japan Gals, Japonica contribute to getting rid of dark circles in the area under the eyes , which is due to the collagen content in the composition. In addition to the main function, patches of this production also very well eliminate fine wrinkles.
For nutrition and hydration
Secret Key Gold Premium helps give your skin elasticity and hydration. This is due to the content of colloidal gold, collagen and a wide variety of natural components in the product.
To stimulate blood circulation
Extraplast contains extracts of green tea and ginseng, which accelerate blood circulation and stimulate lymph flow. In addition to the main purpose, this tool copes with signs of fatigue.
For quick restoration of tired skin around the eyes
Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels patches are created exclusively to get rid of signs of lack of sleep and fatigue. They give the skin a slight cooling effect, cope with edematous manifestations and tone it. Able to protect thin skin around the eyes from the effects of negative environmental factors.
The composition includes – Biloba leaf extract, Hexapeptide-8 and Coenzyme Q-10. It is these components that perform the main work as part of the patches.
Homemade mask patches
Patches for the eyes, what it is and how to cook an excellent tool at home.
Mask of cucumber and roses
It is known that cucumber is the best natural moisturizer, and a rose instantly soothes the skin and relieves fatigue.
- 1/2 cucumber;
- 1 small spoons of gel-like mass from aloe vera;
- 1 large tablespoons of rose water;
- 2 drops of rose essential oil.
Cucumber must first be cleaned and cut into cubes. Grind with a blender with the remaining components until a homogeneous mass is formed. Can be used to apply cotton pads or buy silicone patches. Apply under the eyes for 10-15 minutes. Two times per week.
Patches for eyes are presented on the market in completely different forms, types and for all occasions. Every woman can choose a mask that suits her. Similar products for this product can be found in different price categories, which greatly facilitates the choice.
Video on the topic: Patches for the eyes
What are eye patches for:
Which eye patches are better: review: