Any woman strives to maintain her youth and beauty. There are many procedures to achieve this. An alternative to traditional plastic surgeries in the fight against the first signs of aging is an endoscopic lift of the forehead and eyebrows (the consequences of the procedure can be seen in the photo). Abroad, it is popular and is called “silent facelift”.
- What is an endoscopic facelift
- Method Features
- What equipment is used
- Pros and cons compared to alternative methods
- At what age can the procedure be done
- Preparatory measures. Analyzes, surveys
- Preparatory stage
- How is the procedure
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- How long does the effect last
- Photo Before and After
- Possible complications and consequences
- What is the procedure combined with
- The cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles and the
- Video: endoscopic facelift
What is an endoscopic facelift
Currently, one of the less traumatic anti-aging surgeries is a facelift with an endoscope. It aims to correct the signs of aging using endoscopic techniques. Compared to classical facial plastic surgery, instead of long incisions, small incisions are made with endoscopic lifting, about 0’4 inch long.
There are no visible traces of the intervention of a plastic surgeon, since most often these cuts are masked behind the ears, in the oral cavity, in the hair. With such a lift, excess skin is not excised, but a lift of the subcutaneous structures and tissue redistribution are performed.
The potential of modern surgery expands significantly with the advent of endoscopic tightening. It can be combined with other anti-aging operations.
Features of the procedure:
- low invasiveness of surgery;
- small cuts on the skin;
- the rehabilitation period is short (about 2 weeks);
- complications are unlikely.
What equipment is used
To perform endoscopic lifting, the use of advanced endoscopic equipment is required, due to which not only the time of the procedure is reduced, but also the recovery process is accelerated.
The endoscope consists of:
- a thin tube with a light source and a camera that is inserted into cuts on the skin;
- monitor , which displays an enlarged image of the subcutaneous structures.
The surgeon, after making the incisions, inserts an endoscope under the skin, and through other incisions, surgical instruments are introduced that are used to remove excess fatty tissue, as well as to tighten the stretched tissues and muscles of the face.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Endoscopic lifting is most often performed to tighten the upper third of the face, correct the location and shape of the eyebrows, change the hairline, smooth wrinkles in the forehead and nose. The dropped eyebrows give the face a frown, this is not only due to age-related changes in the skin, but is also a consequence of the special structure of soft tissues.
This operation can change the expression on your face, making it more open. When performing endoscopic lifting, the surgeon makes small sizes in the scalp, after which there are no visible scars. With age, the appearance of “puppet wrinkles” and “widow folds” not only age the face, but also give a dull and depressing look.
Using such a tightening of the middle area of the face (the area between the lower eyelid and the mouth), you can change the elevation of the corners of the mouth, remove nasolabial folds, and create volume in the zygomatic area. Age-related changes change the proportions of the face, the volume from the upper and middle parts of the face moves down.
In youth, over the zygomatic bone is located oil fat, which over the years moves down, thereby deforming not only the cheeks, but also other tissues.
The task of the surgeon during the reconstruction of the middle zone is to create a high line of cheekbones, shorten the length of the lower eyelid, smooth out the lacrimal groove, soften the nasolabial folds. All this is possible with the help of expensive endoscopic equipment. For such a tightening, 3 cuts are needed, as with the upper lifting, as well as an additional two in the oral cavity (between the cheek and gum).
Lifting the lower third of the face allows you to eliminate wrinkles from the corner of the mouth to the chin, create a tightened contour of the chin, eliminate the “second” chin. With this face plastic, punctures near the ear are made to tighten the lower jaw. Invisible cushions made of excess skin are made behind the ears. Seams also remain invisible. Cuts are also possible under the chin.
Pros and cons compared to alternative methods
The advantages of this procedure over alternative anti-aging methods:
- safety of long-term results (7-10 years);
- minimum side effects;
- inconspicuous scars after surgery;
- rehabilitation is pretty quick;
- creating attractive face proportions;
- The cost of the operation is quite affordable.
After this procedure, negative consequences are rare, which is associated with minimally invasive procedures.
However, in rare cases, it may be observed:
- in places of incisions, the appearance of age spots;
- violation of the symmetry of the oval of the face;
- after incisions in the temporal and behind the ear, hair loss may occur;
- as a result of trauma to the branches of the facial nerve, facial expressions may be disturbed;
- the appearance of rough scars;
- smokers may experience a loss of sensitivity in the area of cuts on the skin;
- infection of the skin.
This procedure is able to eliminate external age-related changes on the face, change facial features and tighten the skin.
The main indications are:
- drooping eyebrows and forehead;
- wrinkles on the forehead and in the interbrow area;
- ptosis of eyebrows, as a result of which the overhang of the skin in the upper eyelid;
- “Crow’s feet”;
- drooping outer corners of the eyes;
- drooping cheeks;
- nasolabial folds;
- anatomical features of the structure of soft tissues.
An endoscopic lift, like any other surgical operation, has general contraindications:
- oncological diseases;
- vascular and heart diseases;
- malfunctions of the thyroid gland and high blood sugar;
- poor blood coagulability;
- chronic ailments of internal organs;
- infectious diseases.
There may be specific contraindications for endoscopic lifting, for example, for people with a convex and high forehead.
At what age can the procedure be done
is recommended for people with mild signs of aging, in which the skin still has its own elasticity. Doing this operation is recommended at the age of not earlier than 35 and not later than 50 years. In deeply advanced age, this technique will not give the desired result.
Preparatory measures. Analyzes, surveys
As with any surgery, careful preparation is required for an endoscopic facelift.
You need to go in advance:
- consultation with a plastic surgeon;
- take all tests (general blood test, for syphilis, infectious diseases, HIV);
- take a urine test;
- go through a fluography and make a cardiogram;
- undergo a study of veins of the lower extremities;
- visit a therapist, neurologist, cardiologist, otolaryngologist, gynecologist.
Preparatory measures are very important because they avoid possible complications.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
This operation is performed under general anesthesia, so patients do not feel discomfort or pain.
A facelift with an endoscope has its own preparation features:
- 14 days before the scheduled procedure, you should refuse to take medications and start following a diet.
- Tightening should be done at the end or beginning of the menstrual cycle.
- Dyeing hair (if necessary) should be done before surgery, since this cannot be done in the postoperative period.
- On the day of surgery, antibacterial and antiviral drugs are prescribed.
- No later than 18 hours before surgery, you should have dinner.
- On the day of the procedure, it is forbidden to eat or even drink.
- Immediately before an endoscopic facelift, wear compression stockings.
How is the procedure
Endoscopic facelift is carried out sequentially:
- anesthesia is done;
- given the area of the braces, the surgeon makes incisions;
- an endoscope is introduced into the incisions, and the doctor monitors what is happening on the screen;
- the skin is tightened and excess fatty tissue is removed;
- the muscles are fixed and stitches are applied.
How is the lifting done for different zones:
- For eyebrows . The omission of eyebrows (ptosis) is the inevitable result of the influence of gravitational forces on the soft tissues of the upper part of the face. As a result, there are excess skin on the upper eyelid, which can even narrow the field of view. Endoscopic eyelid lift is performed through incisions in the hair (2-5 small rifling). Endoscopic lift of the forehead and eyebrows (photo, the consequences of the procedure – further in the article) is able to correct the angle of inclination of the eyebrows, their shape, asymmetry.
- Endoscopic forehead lift . An endoscopic lift of the forehead and eyebrows (photo, the consequences of the procedure can be seen below) allows you to eliminate wrinkles on the forehead, smooth out the longitudinal wrinkles on the nose, tighten the lowered corners of the eyes and eliminate the “crow’s feet”. Small incisions are also made in the scalp, detachment and tissue movement.
- The middle zone of the face . Tightening of this zone is able to effectively deal with nasolabial folds and perform volumetric remodeling. This is a more gentle procedure, especially for young patients. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia. 2 cuts are made to the hair (in the temporal) and 2 cuts in the oral cavity under the upper lip.
- Lower third of the face . Lifting the lower part of the face is aimed at correcting the first signs of aging, when the skin has the necessary elasticity. Allows you to get rid of brylya, lowered tissues around the mouth and lips. The surgeon, using endoscopic equipment, exfoliates “tired” tissues in the mouth and lips and repositions them.
- The upper third of the face . Endoscopic lifting of the upper third of the face is performed through punctures above the hairline, which avoids the appearance of traces and scars after surgery. The consequences and results of an endoscopic lift of the forehead and eyebrows can be seen in the photo. This procedure is gallon able to wipe off the face for several years.
- Neck . An incision is made by the surgeon in the chin fold, as well as behind the ears. The cuts are located in natural folds, so the scar is marked, and will be practically invisible.
- Cheekbones . This operation is indicated in cases of lack of volume in the zygomatic areas or with sagging cheeks. Access to tissues is achieved through 3 incisions (2 lateral and 1 median) behind the hairline.
- Temporal Lift . This type of tightening is able to correct the first age-related changes around the eyes, without the need for serious surgical intervention. It is carried out through a small incision in the hair in the temporal.
Recovery and rehabilitation
Since the incisions in this procedure are very small, the rehabilitation period takes place with minimal discomfort, and much faster compared to recovery after other plastic surgeries. Of course, there will be bruises, swelling and discomfort in the first days, but in general, the recovery period lasts about a month. The patient is in the hospital for 1-2 days, and 7 days after the operation, the stitches are removed.
After tightening, a compression bandage is applied, which should be worn for 14 days.
On the second day after lifting, it is recommended to undergo a course of physiotherapy (7-10 sessions).
After the operation you can not:
- go in for sports; all physical activities are reduced;
- drink alcohol and smoke;
- eat greasy and junk food;
- take medications on your own;
- wash your hair while stitches are applied;
- visit the sauna and pool for a month after the operation.
After endoscopic facelift you need:
- drink sugar-free tea, mineral water;
- sleep on a high pillow so that your head is above body level;
- cold compresses with the appearance of edema and hematomas.
How long does the effect last
An endoscopic lift of the forehead and eyebrows (photo, consequences and results below) lasts from 7 to 10 years on average. Repeated endoscopy is also possible, but after this time, a circular facelift is most often required.
Photo Before and After
Many patients want to see the effects of endoscopic forehead and eyebrow lift. You can clearly see the results in a photo on the Internet or ask a plastic surgeon to demonstrate them. Like
any surgery, endoscopy leaves bruises and swelling that will go away after a couple of weeks. Then the first results will appear.
After 3 months, the effect will be more noticeable, but the final result can be judged only after 6 months. As can be seen from the photographs, this procedure allows you to look younger, smooth wrinkles on the forehead, eliminate small “crow’s feet” around the eyes, and eliminate nasolabial folds.
Possible complications and consequences
In rare cases, there may be the following complications:
- in the behind-the-ear area, where the most severe tissue tension is located, necrosis may develop;
- suppuration of the wound develops due to hair getting into the wound when suturing;
- age spots at the incision site;
- deformation of the oval of the face;
- local hair loss.
What is the procedure combined with
Endoscopic lifting is performed as an independent procedure for skin rejuvenation, and is also often combined with other procedures. Most often, it is combined with a necklift, blepharoplasty of the eyelids, lower face lifting, liposuction, lipofilling, etc. Combined plastic surgery can give a more visible result.
The cost of the procedure in New York, Los Angeles and the
The cost of this procedure is influenced by many factors: the professionalism of the surgeon, the prestige of the clinic, the. So, in the capital, the cost of an endoscopic eyelid lift procedure will cost from $ 1224 – $ 2584, a lower face zone lift will be more expensive – from $ 1632 – $ 2856.
In Los Angeles, prices are also quite high, in plastic surgery clinics the cost of an endoscopic lift starts at 75000. In other, you can carry out this procedure a little cheaper, again, it all depends on the type of tightening and the qualifications of the doctor.
To cope with the first signs of aging, improve facial contours, change facial expressions, smooth wrinkles, endoscopic forehead and eyebrow lifting is capable of. In the photo you can see the consequences of this procedure after a couple of weeks and several months after the operation. Endoscopic lifting allows you to look young, fresh, to correct the appearance.
Video: endoscopic facelift
How is a facelift performed, see the video:
Endoscopic forehead lifting procedure. What are the possible complications