Those who do not have the opportunity to attend the gym, but want to have elastic buttocks, have effective exercises that can be performed at home. With the right technique and regular training, the first results will appear in the fifth week of classes.
- Squat Jumping
- Lunges: forward, backward, speed skater lunges
- Deadlift: with and without dumbbells
- Gluteus bridge
- Buttocks walking
- Exercise “Bicycle”
- Exercise “Stool”
- Horsewoman exercise
- Swinging legs: forward, backward, backward with bent leg
- Leg Raise
- Knees from the supine position
- What exercises will help build muscle on the upper part of the buttocks and on the lower
- The most effective exercises for weight loss in the buttocks
- Home Butt Trainers
- Video: effective exercises for the buttocks at home
Squats are basic exercises that have several variations.
General recommendations for their implementation:
- the back is even, but the natural deflection remains in the lower back;
- knees do not go beyond the toes of shoes.
Exercise “plie” strengthens the buttocks and works out the inside of the thigh.
The correctness of its implementation is easier to control in front of the mirror:
- Starting position: a wide leg stance, the feet are deployed at 45, the press is tense.
- The pelvis gradually descends and slightly backs up. The back remains flat, the body does not fall forward.
- On exhalation, the body rises.
Squat with the abduction of the leg to the side is more dynamic than the classic exercise:
- The legs are shoulder width apart, the knee joints are in a natural position.
- On inhalation, the pelvis drops down, as if a chair were behind and you need to sit on it.
- As you exhale, you need to get up, and already in a standing position, swing your leg to the side.
- The same thing is repeated on the other leg.
The technique of squatting with the legs back is not much different from the previous exercise:
- The same starting position.
- Then the squat is done.
- After the body rises and the leg is retracted, tension arises in the buttock.
Split squats work on the muscles of the buttocks, thighs and lower back.
There are two types of exercises:
- Regular squat: the right leg is pushed forward, the back is straight, the inhalation squat on the left leg is performed, the knee tends down. In this case, the right thigh forms a parallel line to the floor. The same thing is repeated on the left foot.
- Classic Bulgarian split-squat: one leg is in front, the other is placed with the toe on a bench or another elevation. Squat is done on the leading leg.
Sumo squats can be confused with plie. But the difference is that sumo does not imply such an intense load on the inner thigh.
This is achieved through such a technique:
- Wide leg stance, toes deployed, knees in a natural position.
- On inspiration, it is necessary to take the pelvis back and sit deep. The back is straight, but the body is tilted. From the side it looks like a person sits on a chair.
- On exhalation, return to the starting position.
This exercise is designed to strengthen the buttocks, study the quadriceps, increase strength and muscle size.
It is executed as follows:
- Feet at shoulder level, knees slightly bent, arms crossed in front of chest.
- At the entrance, the squat is maximally deep – the pelvis is bent back, the back is even with a natural deflection.
- On the exhale, you must jump out, pushing both feet off the floor and straightening your arms.
- When the legs touch the floor, the exercise is repeated.
Lunges: forward, backward, speed skater lunges
Lunges are effective exercises for the buttocks at home. Beginners can do without burden, and for balance, you can lean your hand against a wall or chair.
Lunges ahead do this:
- Starting position – a direct rack. Legs at shoulder level or slightly narrower.
- One leg remains in place, the other takes a step forward and bends at a right angle. The press is tense, the body is straight and located right in the center.
The technique for doing back lunges is similar:
- The starting position is the same.
- The left leg is fixed in place, the right one takes a step back: it bends at the knee and ankle and rests on the toe. Thigh left – parallel to the floor. The body is held straight and strictly in the center.
Too long a step relieves the load from the quadriceps, and a short step from the buttock.
For coordination training, skater lunges are suitable:
- Legs together or slightly wider than shoulders, arms at the waist.
- The left leg is in place, the right is lunged backward, but the leg does not move directly, but diagonally. The knee slightly touches the surface.
Deadlift: with and without dumbbells
A universal exercise that works out several muscle groups at once – buttocks, arms, back. In the gym, it is performed with a barbell, but dumbbells are suitable for home workouts.
Beginners can use a little weight, but for a start it is better to perform deadlift without weight:
- Starting position: straight stance, legs slightly narrower than shoulders, knees relaxed.
- On inspiration, the body drops forward, the lower back is slightly rounded, the knees are fixed. The pelvis steps back slightly so that the arms are above the middle of the foot. In this case, the gaze is directed backward, the head is not tilted down.
After several repetitions, you can take dumbbells in your hands and do the exercise with them already.
One of the simplest exercises in technical terms. It is suitable for everyone with poor physical fitness.
The bridge tones the gluteal muscles and pumps the abs.
- Starting position: lie on the mat, cross your arms on your chest or place along the body, legs shoulder width apart and bent at the knees, firmly rest the feet against the surface.
- On inspiration, the pelvis slowly rises. At the maximum point, you need to linger for 2-3 seconds and with even greater force to tighten the buttocks.
- On exhalation, return to the starting position.
Exercise is quite simple, but helps in the fight against cellulite and a decrease in the volume of the buttocks. But due to the wrong technique, you can injure the spine and joints.
- Sitting on the rug you need to straighten your legs in front of you, feet at shoulder level, body straight perpendicular to the floor, arms crossed or behind your head.
- The movement begins: the right leg extends forward, the buttock of the same name tenses up and the body tilts slightly to the right.
- The same thing is done with the left foot. The pace of the exercise is slow without jerking.
- “Walking” on the buttocks must be back and forth, alternating the direction of movement.
In addition to working out the muscles of the buttocks and hips, the exercise perfectly strengthens the abs:
- Lying on your back you need to raise your bent legs, as if underneath the pedals of a bicycle.
- The movement of the legs is like riding a bicycle. To increase the load, you can alternate the pace from slow to fast.
A static exercise that increases stamina and reduces body fat on the hips and buttocks.
The technique is simple:
- The shoulder blades and buttocks are pressed against the wall.
- Then it is necessary to crawl along the back until the legs in the knee form a right angle.
- During such a “sitting” breathing is calm and uniform. The duration of the exercise depends on personal endurance. For beginners, 15-20 seconds and 3-4 approaches are enough.
Exercise strengthens blood flow in the pelvis, strengthens the buttocks and inner thigh.
- Starting position: legs shoulder width or slightly wider, socks deployed apart.
- When you inhale, you need to sit down slowly: the pelvis goes back, the knees do not extend beyond the toes of the shoes, the back is straight, the arms are stretched forward, the hips are parallel to the floor, breathing is calm. So you need to stand 15-20 seconds.
- Return to starting position as you exhale.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Swinging legs: forward, backward, backward with bent leg
Effective exercises for pumping the buttocks – swing legs. At home, to increase the load, you can use weights or fitness elastic bands.
- Starting position – standing straight. For support, a wall or chair is suitable.
- The right and left leg rises alternately. Ideally, they should be parallel to the floor.
- Turning to face the support, you need to grab hold of it. The back is straight.
- Legs alternately back. If the buttocks are felt during the execution, then the exercise is performed correctly.
Swing back with bent legs:
- Standing – kneeling, straight arms rest with palms on the floor. The palms are slightly wider than the shoulders, the back is even, the lower back is naturally arched.
- On exhalation, the left leg rises, while it is also bent at the right angle in the knee. The sock reaches for itself. The upper point is fixed when the back of the thigh forms a straight line with the back.
The home version of this exercise is performed on a gymnastic mat:
- Starting position lying on the stomach. Hands are straightened above the head, the back is straight.
- On inspiration, the legs come off the surface and stretch as high as possible.
- As they exhale, they return to the floor.
If there is an assistant nearby, the exercise is complicated in this way:
- The stomach and legs on the bed, the trunk and head hang down. Assistant holds legs in knees and ankles.
- On inspiration, the body drops down, on exhalation it rises until it reaches the level of the legs.
Exercise works on the muscles of the abs, back, chest, legs and buttocks. It is done in two versions: with emphasis on straight arms and on the elbows.
- It is necessary to rise to the bar: arms or elbows at shoulder level, the body is even, the pelvis does not fall down and does not rise up, the press is tense, the gaze is fixed on the floor.
- On inhalation, legs alternately rise. Sock on itself, heel as if pushing air.
- On exhalation, return to the starting position.
Knees from the supine position
An effective exercise that looks like hyperextension. It is carried out independently without the help of an assistant.
- You need to lie face down on the bed. Feet and pelvis hang over the floor.
- Legs bent at the knees at right angles to inspiration rise up.
- On exhalation, the legs return to their original position.
What exercises will help build muscle on the upper part of the buttocks and on the lower
The shape of the buttocks cannot be changed, but you can make them more rounded with exercise. Moreover, when choosing exercises, you need to take into account the structure of your body.
For those whose upper part of the buttocks is not full, such exercises for muscle growth are suitable:
- Squats with weight
- swings with weights;
- hyperextension on the bed.
For the poorly developed lower part of the buttocks, the following exercises are provided:
- squats – plie, sumo;
- bridge with pancake;
- level with the rise of legs bent at the knee.
The most effective exercises for weight loss in the buttocks
To reduce buttocks at home, you can use cardio training. Such effective exercises increase stamina, strengthen all muscles and promote fat burning.
For weight loss in the buttocks, this complex is perfect:
- running with high hips;
- jumping squats; swing legs.
Home Butt Trainers
Home exercise equipment can replace the gym. With their help, you can not only lose weight, but also noticeably tighten your buttocks and legs.
There are such types of simulators:
- Ellipsoid is a versatile sports unit that perfectly trains legs and buttocks. The movements are reminiscent of a skier running, because the legs move along the path of the ellipse.
- Exercise bike – exercises on it imitate cycling. The main load falls on the calves, hips and buttocks. A noticeable result will be with 3-4 trainings per week.
- The stepper is a small-sized simulator that simulates walking on stairs. With a load regulator, you can gradually complicate your workouts, thereby increasing endurance.
- Step platform – a small simulator that resembles a low step. To study the buttocks, the following exercises are performed: the basic step, lunges, steps with the legs back.
- Treadmill – imitates the natural movements of walking and running. These exercises are basic in cardio training, so they quickly tighten and lift the buttocks.
The effectiveness of exercises for the gluteal muscles at home will only be subject to 3 conditions: a balanced diet, regularity and the right technique. Therefore, it is worthwhile to think through your menu in advance and draw up a training schedule.
Video: effective exercises for the buttocks at home
5 best exercises for the hips and buttocks:
How to pump up the buttocks at home, see the video clip: