The quality of the hair structure is determined by the collagen content. This protein is the main component of the hair shaft. A collagen procedure is necessary to strengthen collagen fibers.
- What is collagen for hair
- The benefits of collagenization
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Indications for the procedure
- Collagen procedure
- Types of Collagen for Hair Collagen
- Collagen cosmetics
- The use of collagen at home
- Collagen Masks
- Liquid collagen
- Collagen or keratin
- Prices in salons
- Video on the topic: collagen for hair
What is collagen for hair
Collagen is one of the main proteins in the human body. The density and smoothness of hair depends on the integrity of collagen fibers. With a lack of collagen or damage to it, dry and brittle hair occurs. They become thinner and can fall out. To prevent this, it is necessary to compensate for the lack of collagen in the hair. The collagenization procedure is aimed at solving this problem.
Collagen hair restoration procedure consists in applying special products containing this protein. Thanks to simple manipulations, it penetrates the structure of the hair, changing it. This procedure allows you to restore even severely damaged hair.
The benefits of collagenization
After the penetration of collagen into the hair, they are transformed from the inside.
The procedure gives a noticeable instant effect:
- A collagen mesh envelops each hair, which makes the hair dense and strong.
- The density of the hair affects the volume, which increases markedly.
- Collagen-coated hair is resilient, making styling easier.
- A noticeable shining shine and overflows appear in the hair, so that their color looks more vibrant and saturated.
- The elasticity of the hair after the procedure makes it easier to comb.
- Smooth hair is not electrified or tangled.
The benefit of collagenization is determined by the quality of the funds used during the procedure, as well as the professionalism of the master.
Advantages and disadvantages
Collagen for hair has many advantages:
- The problem of brittle hair disappears when combing.
- The core of each hair is enriched with collagen.
- The volume of the hairstyle increases by 2 to 3 times.
- The hair structure becomes smooth, which solves the problem of naughty hair.
- A stable level of moisture is maintained, so that the hair does not dry out during styling, visiting the pool or solarium.
- A protein film envelops the hair, which protects them from temperature extremes and solar radiation.
- The cuticles of the hair are smoothed, because of which the hairstyle does not fluff and does not tangles.
- Dull hair color becomes richer without dyeing.
With a lot of advantages, the procedure has only 3 disadvantages:
- It must be repeated many times, since the effect is cumulative.
- The cost of even one collagen procedure in a beauty salon is quite high, especially for long hair.
- The effect of the service is most impressive after the first procedure. Re-collagenization is required for its long-term consolidation.
Collagen treatments are required for problematic hair. In this case, the effect of full recovery will justify the spent funds.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
Indications for the procedure
Collagenization of hair is necessary if the following problems are observed with hair:
- Rigidity and waviness.
- Lack of gloss and smoothness.
- Tendency to fall out.
- Dull color.
Collagen is indispensable for owners of long hair, prone to damage and tangling ends. He will give the missing volume to women with thin and sparse hair. Lovers of frequent hot styling need collagen protection to protect their hair.
The procedure is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Impaired metabolism.
- Endocrine Disorders
- Wrong metabolism.
Under these conditions, the procedure for applying collagen to hair can lead to a decrease in its own protein in the body. In the future, this will lead to dryness and damage to the cuticle of the hair.
The procedure for applying collagen in the cabin consists of several stages:
- The master thoroughly cleanses the client’s hair with a deep cleansing shampoo that removes dirt and residues of silicone care products.
- Hair is divided along partings into 4 uniform parts, and then fixed with clips.
- The master alternately separates small strands from each part, starting from the lower rows of hair.
- A collagen composition is applied to the selected strand with a brush.
- The strand is combed by a comb with thin frequent teeth, which allows you to evenly distribute the product.
- After 5 – 7 minutes rinse hair with water to remove excess funds.
- To fix collagen, each strand must be treated with infrared forceps.
After the procedure, the hair becomes smooth and even. They are easy to comb, and at home they will not require complex care.
Types of Collagen for Hair Collagen
Collagen for hair is divided into 3 varieties, depending on the source of its production:
- From plants , vegetable protein is obtained that is similar in composition and properties to collagen. Most often, wheat is used for this. This type of collagen is of high quality and cost.
- Animal collagen is obtained by processing the bones and skins of birds or livestock. Due to its poor quality, it is most affordable. However, such collagen does not last long on the hair.
Marine collagen is obtained by processing fish skins and bone ma
ss. This type of protein is high quality and most expensive. Such collagen is able to penetrate deep into the hair structure, which means the effect of the procedure will last for a long time.
For collagenization, protein is not used in its pure form. It is part of professional hair products. Also in the composition are components that enhance the effect of collagen. Preservatives and stabilizers help deliver protein to your hair unchanged.
When choosing a cosmetic product with collagen, it is important to pay attention to its variety. The composition of quality products includes hydrated protein. It has the ability to attract moisture, holding it inside the hair. Collagen of any origin can be hydrolyzed.
|Name of facility||Mode of application||the effect||Price|
|Shampoo Profresh Collagen||The product is recommended to foam in the palms and spread over wet hair. After 2 minutes rinse with warm water.||The product is suitable for thin and weakened hair. It has a nourishing effect, increases the volume of hair and makes it easier to comb after washing.||$ 2,18|
|Collagen Gold Silk Balm||Balm must be applied to wet hair after washing. 5 minutes later the product must be thoroughly washed off.||The tool seals split ends, eliminates brittle hair. It gives hair shine and smoothness.||$ 1,36|
|Mask Kativa Collageno||The mask should be applied for 5 to 10 minutes. on wet hair after shampooing. After the specified time, rinse thoroughly with warm water.||Marine collagen in the mask helps to densify the hair structure. Their color becomes saturated. Hair gain firmness and elasticity.||$ 12,24|
The use of collagen at home
At home, the salon collagenization procedure can be replaced with collagen wrap. To do this, you need to purchase collagen. This can be done in a professional store for hairdressers. To save collagen in its pure form, you can pick up in a pharmacy.
This tool is presented in the form of a powder, so it must be preliminarily prepared for use in accordance with the instructions.
Collagen wrap consists of several stages:
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Wet hair should be dried with a towel.
- The hair should be divided along the parting into 2 uniform parts.
- Each part is alternately treated with collagen. For even application, small strands should be selected, and then the tool should be distributed over them with a brush. It is important to retreat 0’4 inch from the roots of the hair.
- Collagen-soaked hair must be combed with fine cloves. This will help to better distribute the product.
- In order for the protein to be absorbed into the hair structure, it is necessary to create the conditions of a steam bath. You should put on a plastic hat, and then wrap your head in a towel. The procedure should last 10 – 15 minutes.
- Excess collagen needs to be washed off with warm water.
- Hair must be dried with a hairdryer. Exposure to heat will help the protein to seal the hair scales and firmly fix in it.
The home collagen wrapping procedure must be repeated once every 1 to 2 weeks. The full course should be at least 5 procedures.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Collagen for hair can be used in the form of home masks.
The simplest is a gelatin recipe:
- Gelatin must be diluted with warm water in a ratio of 1: 5.
- When the mass swells, it should be heated over low heat, but it is important not to bring the gelatin to a boil.
- Honey must be added to the cooled mass in order to enhance the nutritional effect of the mask.
- The finished product must be applied 1 time per week for 5 to 10 minutes. In order for the collagen to soak into the hair, the mask must be left under a plastic cap and covered with a hot towel.
The composition of the mask can be supplemented depending on the needs of the hair:
- For dry and coarse hair, it is recommended to add a mixture of warm yogurt or thick cream.
- Hair prone to oily hair at the roots and dryness at the tips will help balance kefir.
- With increased oily hair, a beaten egg should be added.
- Cognac helps stop loss of weakened hair.
- A mask with the addition of cosmetic and essential oils is suitable for curly hair.
- For dyed hair, it is recommended to add gelatin to balms and conditioners that prevent color wash-out.
To achieve the effect of home masks, a course of 10 procedures is required. It is recommended to repeat it every 3 to 4 months.
Collagen masks at home:
Liquid collagen can be purchased at pharmacies. It is sold in ampoules and is completely ready for use. This is a significant advantage over the powder, which must be diluted with water.
This collagen is most effective for caring for problem scalp suffering from problems:
- Hair loss.
- Slow hair growth.
In liquid form, collagen is conveniently distributed over the hair. It is important to apply the product evenly on each strand. After the hair is combed. Treated hair should be left under a hat and a towel for 10 minutes. The procedure should be repeated 2 times a week until the cumulative effect is achieved.
It is convenient to add collagen in liquid form to ready-made cosmetics. It is indispensable for enriching the composition of shampoos, conditioners and masks. A homemade mask with a liquid agent will slide off the hair, so it is preferable to use powder for its manufacture.
Collagen or keratin
Keratin is also a protein in the hair structure.
However, keratin hair straightening is significantly different from collagenization:
- With keratin straightening, a deeper effect on the hair occurs, which changes their structure. Hair becomes even and smooth for up to 6 months.
- Collagenization restores the natural structure of hair without changing it at a deep level. This procedure is aimed at eliminating damage, giving the hair brightness and silkiness. The effect lasts up to 3 months.
- Keratin straightening can cause hair damage due to the deep penetration of keratin. The consequence will be increased dryness and brittleness of the hair when the effect of the procedure passes.
- Collagenization does no harm to the hair. Even after washing the collagen, they are not threatened with damage.
Keratin straightening is suitable for curly and very coarse hair that needs to be transformed at a structural level. Collagenization is recommended for all hair types.
This procedure is aimed at enhanced hair care.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Prices in salons
The average cost of the procedure is up to $ 136. For long hair, it can reach up to $ 272. The price depends not only on the length of the hair, but also on the quality of the preparations. In beauty salons, professional cosmetics are used that contain marine hydralized collagen.
The cost of such funds is high, which also affects the price of the service. In addition, the price list includes the professionalism of the master and the level of service provided in the salon.
On the Internet there are mostly positive reviews about collagen hair. Women note the smoothness and softness of hair after the procedure. Split ends become invisible, and combing the hair does not cause discomfort.
The shade of both natural and dyed hair becomes brighter thanks to the shine. However, there are negative comments regarding the short effect of the procedure.
Collagen application on hair is recommended as a supportive care. For women who do not have time for careful home care, it will become indispensable.
Video on the topic: collagen for hair
Properties and application of collagen for hair: