Coconut oil is part of caring cosmetics, it is added to food products, used for medical purposes. All thanks to a wide range of properties that can solve problems with the skin, hair and joints.
Coconut oil contains fatty acids that are not synthesized in the body, for example, oleic, palmitic, lauric. Lauric acid is especially beneficial for the body, it strengthens the immune system.
In addition, the oil contains:
- vitamins E and K;
Calorie content of coconut oil in 100 g is about 900 kcal.
Useful and healing properties
Coconut oil is extracted in cold and hot ways, it depends on how useful the product will be in use. With the cold pressing method, little product is obtained, but it has a greater nutritional and biological value. During hot pressing, some of the nutrients are lost.
The product has the following properties:
- moisturizing (thanks to oleic acid);
- antimicrobial (due to lauric acid);
- soothing and relaxing;
- normalizing bowel function (caprylic acid works).
It is also beneficial for the body that coconut oil is completely absorbed, does not turn into fat deposits, but is converted by the liver into energy.
Hazardous properties of coconut oil:
- Unrefined coconut oil has a comedogenic property, so it is not recommended to use it undiluted when the skin is prone to oily and acne.
- Due to the high fat content, the use of oil in food can cause gastrointestinal irritation, as well as exacerbation of chronic diseases such as pancreatitis and cholecystitis.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
For the cardiovascular system . Eating coconut oil helps reduce blood pressure, reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis, blood clots. In addition, coconut oil dilutes blood and strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
For the digestive tract . The oil has an enveloping and wound-healing effect, so it has a beneficial effect on ulcers of the stomach and duodenum, contributing to recovery. In general, any gastrointestinal mucosa is healed. Coconut oil can also be used in complex therapy for the treatment of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
For immunity . Kills fungi and bacteria, relieves inflammation.
Used for treatment:
- infections of a viral and bacterial nature;
For teeth, bones, joints. Since oil contributes to a more efficient absorption of calcium and magnesium, its use in food has a beneficial effect on the condition of tooth enamel, bones, and joints.
In addition, coconut oil:
- normalizes blood sugar in diabetes;
- accelerates metabolism, thereby reducing the risk of obesity;
- prevents the formation of stones in the kidneys and bladder;
- beneficial effect on the endocrine system;
- due to antioxidant properties it reduces the risk of cancer.
The healing properties of the oil are actively used for skin diseases. Coconut oil treats all kinds of skin lesions, including psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
For hair care and hair loss
Indications for use of coconut hair oil:
- damaged, dull hair;
- split, brittle tips;
- frequent staining;
- hair loss;
- slow growth;
- dandruff, since coconut oil has antifungal properties;
- harmful effects of UV rays, salt water, wind, chemistry, heating devices.
With systematic use, hair gains shine, strengthens, their structure is restored. They become silky to the touch, thanks to the formation of a protective film, which not only protects the hair, but also nourishes it.
Coconut oil is used as part of masks before shampooing. The mixture is applied with massage movements, left for some time, then washed off with shampoo. A small amount of oil can be applied to the hair just like that, for example, on wet ends, it will be absorbed and will not leave a greasy shine.
For hair care at the roots, refined coconut oil is used; it is recommended to apply unrefined oil on the ends.
Here are some masks with coconut oil:
- From dandruff . 15 g of fine salt are combined with coconut and grape oil (5 g each). Apply to the hair, and after 7-8 minutes, rinse with warm water and vinegar diluted in it.
- From falling out. In a water bath melt 1 tablespoon. coconut oil, add 1 teaspoons. olive oil and 20 g horseradish grated. Then massage massages are applied only to the basal zone. Put on a plastic hat. After 30 minutes, wash off with shampoo. Course – 2 weeks.
- For dry hair . 10 g of homemade cottage cheese is combined with 1 tablespoon. coconut oil, 1 teaspoons peach oil and 2 tablespoon. infused chamomile decoction. It should be applied to wet hair. The exposure time is 20 minutes. Rinse with acidified lemon juice with water.
- For oily hair. In a water bath melt 10 g of oil, mix with 0,51 fluid ounce of yogurt, add 15 g of white clay, 5 g of corn starch. Apply before washing your hair. After 30 minutes, rinse with shampoo and lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon coconut and burdock oil are heated in a water bath, 30 g of grated ginger root and 2 egg yolks are added. The mass is mixed until smooth and applied to the hair. Put on top of a plastic cap and blow hot air into the head with a hairdryer. After 30 minutes, wash off the chamomile broth.
Coconut oil also has a beneficial effect on eyelashes. With regular application of the product, they harden, thicken, their loss stops, the hairs begin to grow denser than before.
It is most convenient to apply the product with a clean brush from a cosmetic m
ascara. Moreover, they apply the product only at the tips and not too abundantly so that the oil does not get into the eyes. It is not dangerous, but unpleasant. 2-3 hours after application, wash off the oil.
For face care
Coconut oil helps with:
- flaky dry skin;
- loss of tone.
The product gives an effect after the first application making the skin soft, silky, smooth. However, an allergic reaction test should be performed before applying the oil. It is suitable for eye make-up removal, protects against frost, soothes sore skin.
Beauticians recommend applying oil as part of homemade face masks:
- For dry skin care. In a water bath, melt the oil, add 20 g of yeast, mix the composition until smooth, add vitamin E. Apply on face for 20 minutes. Wash off the mask, wiping the face with a cotton pad soaked in milk. Course – 15 masks 2 times a week.
- Another mask for dry skin. Take 2 teaspoons. melted coconut oil and liquid honey. Mix with a beaten fork with egg yolk, add 3 cap. any essential oil. Apply to the face for 15 minutes, then remove with warm boiled water. Course – 12-15 procedures.
- From wrinkles. 1,69 fluid ounce coconut oil is mixed with 1 teaspoons. a solution of vitamin E. The mask should be done a couple of hours before bedtime, applying with driving movements. Remove the composition from the face with a napkin.
- For the treatment and prevention of acne , a mask with coconut oil and lemon helps. It is prepared as follows: 1 tablespoon. coconut oil mixed with teaspoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoons honey, 2 cap. lavender oil and 3 cap. tea tree oil.
- Moisturizing mask. You need to mix 1 tablespoon. coconut oil and honey, add 2 tablespoon. chopped pulp of avocado. The mixture is applied to the face for 10 minutes, and then washed off with warm water.
In its pure form, applying oil to oily skin is not recommended, because it clogs the pores, which causes inflammation
However, the oil can be used as a means of washing.
For lip skin care, use a balm prepared according to the following recipe: mix coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax. Proportions – 2: 1: 2. After 6 hours, the product is ready for use.
If you apply unrefined oil correctly, you can keep your skin in perfect condition.
- usd oil into the skin after taking water procedures;
- care for the neckline with oil to avoid skin tone reduction;
- use unrefined oil as a hand cream – in this way you can strengthen your nails and soften your skin;
- usd oil like cream into the skin of the feet and put on top of socks at night;
- apply as massage oil – it will help to moisturize the skin well.
If you don’t like the aroma of coconut, you should choose a highly refined oil, it will practically have no characteristic plume.
From stretch marks
According to women, coconut oil helps get rid of stretch marks, especially after those formed as a result of childbirth or weight loss. To achieve the effect, it is necessary to bring the product to a liquid state, heat it in a water bath, and apply it to problem areas with massage movements.
A good effect is given by adding a few drops of essential oil, for example, lavender, rosemary, orange, lemon.
For tanning and sun protection
On the one hand, coconut oil protects against harmful UV radiation and prevents redness, it can be used to protect the skin from the sun in the solarium and on the beach. On the other hand, coconut oil applied to the skin contributes to the acquisition of a beautiful bronze tan. In addition, it can be applied if the skin is burned in the sun, the oil will moisturize the skin and have an analgesic effect.
During pregnancy and lactation
Coconut oil contains lauryl acid, which is also found in breast milk. And it is this substance that strengthens the immunity of the child. Nutritionists recommend including coconut oil in the diet of lactating women. For women during pregnancy, the properties of coconut oil to prevent stretch marks and strengthen hair are relevant.
For weight loss
Despite the high calorie content, coconut oil is suitable for weight loss because it is not stored in fat cells, but is completely processed into energy. It contributes to the activation of metabolic processes, lowering cholesterol.
Apply it like this:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil replaces breakfast;
- 1 s the product is taken in 20 minutes. 3 times a day before meals.
Coconut oil belongs to high-quality fats, as it contains a lot of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Thanks to polyunsaturated acids, the product can be stored without a refrigerator, while it does not oxidize, does not rancid.
In cooking, coconut oil can successfully replace margarine and butter. It can be used for deep fat, and it does not acquire carcinogenic properties in the process and does not lose taste when heated.
Used in the preparation of any dishes:
- stewed vegetables.
Due to the fact that the chemical composition of coconut oil is somewhat similar to the chemical composition of human breast milk, it is added to artificial baby food. Coconut oil is also added to milk dishes, such as milkshakes, hot chocolate. You can use it in the traditional way, just spreading on bread.
But it is especially suitable for adding to baking, makes it tasty and extends the shelf life.
Here are some recipes with coconut oil:
Granola. Need to mix 3 tablespoon. Hercules, 1 tablespoon. nut crumbs (e.g. walnuts, peanuts, almonds), 2,37 fluid ounce honey, 2 teaspoons cinnamon teaspoons salt. Then, coconut oil is melted in a water bath and all compo
nents are poured with it. Mixed. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 5-7 minutes, then the same amount with minimal heat.
- Coffee with coconut oil. Such a drink will be more energetic, and its structure will become creamy. Add 1 teaspoons to a glass of coffee oil, no need to melt. The butter will melt on its own in hot coffee.
- Energy snack from chia seeds with coconut oil . These two products complement each other remarkably. To prepare the mixture you need to mix the seeds and oil in a ratio of 1: 2. Dilution of the mixture with water is allowed, then an energy drink will be obtained.
Coconut oil has many beneficial properties, which is why it is so widely used in medicine, in cosmetology, and in cooking. To be sure of the result, you need to choose a quality product.
Video about the properties and uses of coconut oil
Useful properties and application of coconut oil:
Ways to use coconut oil: