Facial skin care should be comprehensive and beneficial. This effect can be obtained through peeling, which allows you to moisturize, cleanse and renew the skin. Chemical peeling does not have to be done in the salon. Women spend this procedure at home, and even save money.
- Chemical facial peeling: what is it
- Indications for chemical peeling
- Types of chemical peeling
- Chemical peeling with glycolic acid
- Salicylic Chemical Peeling
- Fruit Chemical Peeling
- Which chemical peeling to choose
- Chemical peeling for dry skin type
- Chemical peeling for problem skin
- Chemical peeling for oily skin
- How much is chemical peeling
- The best means for chemical face peeling
- Ondevie chemical peeling with retinoic acid 5%
- Ondevie chemical peeling with mandelic acid 35%
- Chemical peeling Beautymed
- Chemical peeling Holy Land
- Where to buy chemical peeling
- Chemical facial peeling at home: recipes
- How to do home facial peeling
- Stages of chemical peeling at home
- Skin Care After Chemical Peeling
- When is it better to carry out chemical peeling
- How often can chemical peeling be done
- Contraindications for home chemical peeling
- Video clips about chemical face peeling. Tips on how to carry out the procedure at home
Chemical facial peeling: what is it
Chemical peeling is a method in which facial rejuvenation is performed. When exposed to the skin with special chemicals, the desired result is achieved.
This procedure allows you to get rid of dead skin, acne, age spots, freckles and small acne. There are no age restrictions. The cleansing process is suitable not only for the skin of the face, but even for the hands and body, decollete, the area around the eyes and mouth. To decide on a chemical peeling for the face at home, certain indications for this procedure are required.
Indications for chemical peeling
As for each procedure, and when performing facial cleansing at home, there are a number of indications:
- aging prevention;
- correction of deficiencies that come with age;
- oily skin and enlarged pores;
- the skin is dull, flabby;
- dark spots;
- thickening of the surface layers of the skin;
- consequences after acne and acne.
Types of chemical peeling
Peeling made at home differs from salon peeling in intensity and depth in the skin. At home, mechanical and chemical peels are allowed. The latter, in turn, is divided into:
The penetration depth for this type of peeling is up to 0/32 inch. It acts only on the surface of the epidermis. With surface peeling, dead cells of the horny and granular layers of the skin are removed.
It is carried out with the following indications:
- uneven skin tone;
- scars and small flaws on the skin;
- loss of skin elasticity.
Despite the slight penetration, the surface type of peeling is divided into mechanical, physical and chemical.
With mechanical surface peeling, scrubs are used, the composition includes minerals or components of plant origin. An example of this is particles of fruit, coffee, ground rice. This procedure is carried out in a home environment, as well as with the help of a cosmetologist.
Superficial chemical peeling is the most gentle process. Special components applied to the skin do not penetrate deeper than the stratum corneum of the epidermis. The surface parts of the cells are cleansed.
Physical surface peeling – a component is fruit acid, retinoic acid, salicylic and glycolic acid, alkali.
In order to prevent early skin aging and the appearance of small flaws, surface peeling is often used.
However, along with the features of the existing peeling, there are contraindications for which the procedure is not recommended:
- blood disease
- wounds and abrasions;
- inflammatory skin diseases;
- allergy to peeling products.
Doctors do not recommend surface peeling after mechanical cleaning of the face, in the summer and during pregnancy.
Penetration depth – up to 1/32 inch. The median covers the entire part of the epidermis of the skin of the face. A distinctive feature of surface peeling is that the procedure for the middle type of peeling is advised to do with the use of acids of high concentration (trichloroacetic and fruit).
The middle type of peeling allows you to get rid of severe pigmentation, to eliminate the appearance of deep wrinkles and red spots on the face and other areas of the skin.
If the surface type of chemical peeling for the face can be carried out independently at home, then the middle one is carried out exclusively by a dermatocosmetologist. With this type of peeling, minor rehabilitation is necessary. Because the skin after the procedure turns red and burns appear, disappearing after a couple of days.
Penetration depth – up to 1/32 inch. With this type, the epidermis is destroyed, and the active acids reach the almost reticular layer. This type of procedure refers to surgery.
Conduct it with anesthesia or general anesthesia. With a deep type of peeling, the entire dermis layer is removed, only small parts of the tissues are preserved. Thanks to this method, the disappearance of deep wrinkles, age spots, the skin takes on a toned look, becomes healthy and beautiful.
Deep peeling is carried out by laser or chemical means. There are age restrictions in this type of peeling. The procedure is done strictly for women at least 55 years old. Experts identify several main indications for the use of a deep type of peeling:
- deep wrinkles, crow’s feet around the eyes, pigmentation;
- sagging skin on the face and chin;
- the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
Along with the indications, there are contraindications to the use of a deep type of peeling:
- chronic skin diseases;
- oncological diseases:
- heart disease, as well as pathology of the liver and kidneys;
- keloid scars;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Chemical peeling with glycolic acid
People who are afraid of burns or other consequences after a deep type of peeling should first try the superficial type of peeling. Glycolic acid peeling is gaining popularity. The main component is glycolic acid.
Getting on the skin of the face, it gives a positive result on the surface of the epidermis. Acid destroys dead cells, but affecting living cells, it allows rapid metabolic processes to occur. Thereby cells renew. Peeling with glycolic acid strongly affects the cells and makes them
work at full strength.
An affordable source of glycolic acid at home is grapes.
Not quite ripe grapes are especially appreciated. Indeed, in unripe clusters there is a lot of glycolic acid.
For chemical peeling with glycolic acid at home using grapes, you need to take a handful of green grapes and grind it in a blender.
Then apply freshly prepared mass on the face and neck and leave for 10 or 15 minutes. After all, rinse with warm water. As for glycolic acid products, there are a lot of them. For example, Reviva Labs 5% Glycolic Acid Cream, Jean Klebert Lotion. But each remedy is selected individually for the type of skin.
Salicylic Chemical Peeling
Chemical facial peeling at home involves the renewal of the coating with the application of salicylic acid. Peeling involves the rejection of dead skin when applying acid of different concentrations on it.
Salicylic peeling is based on salicylic, lactic and fruit acids. The combination of all these components has a positive effect on the skin.
Salicylic peeling is used to prevent acne, oily and porous skin. To prevent aging, to care for dull and dry skin, peeling based on salicylic acid is used. Salicylic acid peeling is used for problematic young skin, and for problematic aging skin, with some signs of aging.
To prepare a mask based on salicylic acid you will need: 1 teaspoons salicylic acid (concentration depends on the type and problem of the skin),? small spoons of honey (thick), a pinch of soda,? small spoons of warm water. All the ingredients are mixed well and applied to the skin, but only if there is no allergy to honey.
In cosmetology, a solution of salicylic acid of different concentrations is used or it is also called salicylic alcohol. Also for different skin types, lotions, which include salicylic acid, are suitable. Ointments are often used, but this is a very powerful drug and therefore it should be applied with extreme caution. If you do not observe the dosage, then this is fraught with the formation of burns.
Fruit Chemical Peeling
An effective type of chemical peeling is peeling with fruit acids. It rejuvenates the skin and reduces its oiliness. The peeling process is reliable and efficient.
Fruit peeling almost does not injure the skin. Peeling with fruit acids refers to surface chemical peeling and its component part of plant origin. By acting on the skin, they give a good result.
The pores are cleansed, the secretion of sebum normalizes, the skin acquires an elastic and elastic appearance, and not oily, as before exposure to fruit acids.
For different skin types, their own individual component is selected, which is included in the basis of fruit peeling:
- component of lactic acid – helps moisturize the skin, whitens it, slightly corrects fine wrinkles, gives a healthy look to the face. Lactic acid is found in fermented milk products, in apples and tomatoes;
- component of glycolic acid – will help cleanse the skin of pigmentation, smooth out minor wrinkles. Glycolic acid content can be found in unripe grapes and sugarcane;
- component of citric acid – whitens the skin and acts on the skin as a disinfectant. This component is found in all citrus fruits;
- a component of malic acid – pectin, which is contained in acid, is able to heal and remove inflammation from the skin. Malic acids are found in apples and tomatoes;
- component of tartaric acid – able to whiten, moisturize and exfoliate keratinized parts of the skin. The content of this component can be found in wine, oranges and grapes.
To prepare a product based on fruit acid, you need to take a banana – 100 g, pineapple – 150 g, honey – 2 tablespoon
Peel the fruits, chop and mix with honey. The components are applied to the face and neck. The duration of the procedure is 3 minutes. Then the contents must be washed off with warm water.
Cosmetics for chemical peeling of the face used at home, is a composition based on glycolic, lactic acid.
They are contained in a cleansing milk, balancing tonic, night cream. Such funds were developed by the lines “FluorOxygen + C”, “Forever Young”, “Wish”, “Muse”.
Which chemical peeling to choose
To make the right cleansing for the skin of the face, you need to know its type. Indeed, out of ignorance and inexperience, you can cause significant harm to the skin. Therefore, chemical peeling should be carried out depending on the type of skin, adhering to certain rules of the procedure.
Chemical peeling for dry skin type
With dry skin, one important factor should be considered. Peeling is carried out only if the skin is completely healthy. Popular face peelings are 4 types of peeling:
When choosing a particular type, one should take into account the depth, method and effect on the skin. In order to minimize damage when cleansing dry skin, wax and cream products should be used.
For dry skin use surface chemical peeling. If the age is up to 25 years, dry skin, then light superficial cleansing is also used. Peeling is advi
sed to carry out lactic acids.
It is especially good to carry out such a procedure at home. A good effect is obtained from products containing alpha-hydroxy acids. Various exfoliating scrubs are also used. But after applying them, it is necessary to moisturize the skin with cream or gel.
Chemical peeling for problem skin
A suitable alternative for problematic skin is peeling. But in order to choose a suitable cleanser, it is necessary to find out the factor of the occurrence of problem areas:
- poor sebaceous gland function;
- unsuitable cosmetic preparations for the skin;
- lack of adequate attention behind problem areas of the skin.
Beauticians distinguish some cleaning groups for problem skin.
Chemical peeling – using acids that act at the surface, middle or deep level. Chemical peeling gives the most desired result that the skin needs.
But after it recovery is necessary. With superficial peeling, skin restoration lasts from 3 to 4 days, from mid-peeling, restoration is required in 1-2 weeks, with deep peeling, the skin is restored for about 1 month.
Industrial peeling – funds are sold ready-made. The components that make up this pilig group are composed of acids or particles of plant origin. They are very easy to use and after them the skin will need 5-6 hours to recover. However, the result is not as effective as with chemical peeling.
Natural peeling – done independently at home. The use of funds is similar to industrial peeling. However, to maintain the result, peeling will need to be done with a frequency of 1 time per week.
For chemical peeling, if the skin is problematic, use fruit acid, especially almond. Avon also produces a special line of Clearskin cosmetics for problem areas of the skin, from acne and acne.
Chemical peeling for oily skin
This type of peeling is the most effective treatment for oily skin. This process is carried out using surface, middle, and even deep cleaning. It all depends on the degree of oily skin. When applying chemical peeling for oily skin, a number of features should be considered:
- using means including fruit acids, you need to make sure that there are no inflammations on the surface of the skin;
- in the presence of inflammatory processes, it is necessary to choose the means intended for the treatment of inflammation (salicylic acid, ascorbic acid, plant extracts). Jessner peels, salicylic acid 20-50%, “yellow” peeling are distinguished from the middle peels;
- almond peeling gives a positive result with inflammation of the skin. Also, with the help of almonds, you can well whiten the skin from age spots. Almond peeling is suitable even for sensitive skin;
- There is even a coffee peeling, which is used for acne, severe scars on the skin. Coffee peeling is a good alternative to phenol peeling, which deepens into the skin and the procedure is painful. Coffee, on the contrary, gives the skin fewer complications and a quick recovery occurs;
- Ferulic peeling is applied during all seasons and all ages. It not only exfoliates dead skin, but also with the help of antioxidants protects the skin from ultraviolet rays. Thus, the risk of getting age spots is significantly reduced.
How much is chemical peeling
|Peeling name||Type of peeling and depth of exposure||Price|
|Croton peeling||superficial||$ 27|
|Retinoic Peeling||median||$ 68|
|Almond peeling||surface||$ 54|
|Phenol Peeling||deep||$ 340|
|Amber Peeling||surface||$ 12,24|
|Enzyme peeling||surface||$ 8,16|
It is very difficult to answer the question about the cost of the procedure. After all, it all depends on the type of procedure, the depth of penetration of funds, the qualifications of a cosmetologist, as well as the prestige of a cosmetic institution. Some data are given in the table.
As can be seen from the table data, that the surface type of chemical peeling is the cheapest, in contrast to the middle and deep . Thus, it is more accessible to women.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
The best means for chemical face peeling
Any woman always strives to be beautiful. To implement this plan, there are a huge number of different procedures and tools. But what is the best remedy
Ondevie chemical peeling with retinoic acid 5%
Creates maximum facial skin care:
- fights inflammatory processes on the skin;
- minimizes the increase in the number of keratin cells;
- struggling with photoaging;
- purification takes place very carefully and gently;
- has anti-inflammatory effect;
- when exposed to the skin, a healthy glow appears;
- the skin improves – the effect of lifting.
Ondevie chemical peeling with mandelic acid 35%
Ondevie peeling has a helium formation, which is the most effective in chemical peeling.
The tool has a good effect on:
- fine wrinkles;
- provides stimulation for collagen production;
- extends to all types of hyperpigmentation;
- makes the skin tone even;
- copes well with acne.
Recommendations for use:
- Dry and normal skin – from 4 to 6 se
ssions. 2 weeks break.
- Oily and combination skin – from 6 to 8 sessions. A break of 10 days.
After 6 months, the procedure can be repeated.
Chemical peeling Beautymed
BeautyMed company produces several types of chemical peels for face and body skin. This is BeautyMed Peel Therapy peeling based on glycolic acid – 10 and 30%, as well as salicylic acid peeling – 10 and 20%.
Salicylic peeling – is aimed at combating oily, inflamed skin and acne. This peeling is intended for:
- improvement of the skin;
- exfoliation of keratinized and damaged parts of the skin;
- moisture retention in the skin;
- skin rejuvenation.
Having completed the facial cleansing course, a quick recovery occurs, which is an important plus in the use of salicylic acid peeling.
Glycolic acid – based BeautyMed peeling – the process corresponds to the skin, which has a tendency to pigmentation, suitable for mature and dry skin. After the procedure, the skin becomes:
- deeply peeled;
- moisturized and softened;
- wrinkles are smoothed out;
- elasticity increases;
- acne gets rid.
Chemical peeling Holy Land
Peeling preparations from the Holy Land cosmetics series are used both for surface cleaning of the face and for deep cleaning. All this thanks to the antioxidants that are part of the drugs.
When using funds, changes are noticeable:
- the skin remains young longer, due to the production of collagen and elastin;
- age-related pigmentation is reduced due to the delayed production of melanin;
- the skin acquires elasticity and firmness;
- the tone of the face evens out and the skin looks healthier.
Where to buy chemical peeling
Chemical peeling for the face and whole body can be purchased in a specialized store. There are also many online stores where you can buy various drugs.
They are sold ready-made. But if there is a desire to prepare a product for the care and cleaning of the skin yourself, then you can buy individual ingredients for the preparation of preparations. Some products for healing skin cover are available in pharmacies. The choice is always yours!
Chemical facial peeling at home: recipes
There are several simple methods for chemical peeling at home: peeling with calcium chloride and salicylic acid.
For the first peeling you need:
- 1 ampoule of calcium chloride 5%, or 10%, but dilute half with water;
- baby soap, without flavors and additives;
- face mask made from natural ingredients, which is sold ready-made;
- moisturizing cream.
The composition of the recipe based on salicylic acid includes:
- pharmacy salicylic acid solution – 2% ( 0,68 fluid ounce);
- baking soda – ? teaspoons;
- honey – 1 teaspoons
How to do home facial peeling
First of all, it is necessary to do a test of the used product for the presence of an allergic reaction.
If the test result is negative and there are no more contraindications, then you should safely take for chemical peeling for the face at home.
To avoid burns, the composition must be evenly and thinly distributed throughout the skin area. Before any type of peeling, the skin of the face must be cleaned.
If burning peeling, tingling, itching are felt on the face skin during peeling, then immediately wash off the composition with warm water.
The peeling course is carried out 1 time in 10 days. Within 1-2 days, the face is not recommended to be touched and applied with cosmetics, except for protective creams.
Stages of chemical peeling at home
In the process of chemical peeling for the face at home, you need to know not only the rules of the conduct, but also the steps:
- Carefully study the instructions for the applied composition.
- To cleanse the face.
- Apply the product on dried skin, avoiding the sensitive area near the eyes. Keep the applied product on your face for 5 minutes, taking into account the type of skin and the concentration of the applied composition. It feels like a slight tingling sensation, which should not cause much discomfort.
- After a certain period of time, which is indicated in the instructions, the applied product must be washed off with warm water. Then, a special restorative agent is applied to the skin, which is included in the kit, and at the final stage, the skin must be moistened with a cream.
Skin Care After Chemical Peeling
Cosmetologists do not recommend resorting to folk methods. All kinds of plant components and herbal lotions complicate the condition of the skin.
Chemical peeling will give the desired achievement if you follow 3 important rules for skin care:
- Moisturizing the skin. After the procedure is completed, it is very important to restore the hydro balance. Use light moisturizers. These include water-based gels and foams. After 2-3 days, it is recommended to use serums and nourishing creams, which should include antioxidants and moisturizing ingredients.
- Protection against external influences. Cold is good for various procedures. Therefore, in the fall and winter, chemical peeling is carried out for the face at home, so that the sun gets less on the skin. Because of this, age spots appear. Wind and cold damage the skin after the procedure. Sports related sports, swimming pools and solariums must be abandoned for a while. Often, people with increased hyperpigmentation are prone to age spots after peeling. They can occur after mid-chemical peeling and laser skin treatment.
- Skin hygiene. In appropriate skin care, which becomes sensitive after peeling, gentle cleansers and toners with a spray are suitable. From cosmetics, scrubs must be abandoned for a while. It’s better not to touch the face with your hands once again and if there are spider veins on the skin, then creams with a high level of UV protection should be used. It is also necessary to take “Omega-3” to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
When is it better to carry out chemical peeling
The question of when to do peeling is very sensitive. After all, the procedure itself is finicky. Although in modern cosmetology it is allowed to do peeling year-round, dermatologists are of the opinion that the best time is the autumn-winter period. The safest ultras
onic peeling. It can be done at any time of the year. But the sun should not be abused.
For example, trichloroacetic acid peeling is performed in the cold season. This procedure is serious and it takes more time to renew skin. But the result is better.
How often can chemical peeling be done
Deep peeling is prohibited often, and this is simply impossible. Only a cosmetologist who carries out the procedure can talk about any specific dates.
Superficial peels are simple and trouble-free to use, with minimal injuries to the skin. Therefore, they are carried out in 4-6 sessions. Each session is carried out no more than 1 time in 2 weeks.
It is recommended to use mid-body peeling once a year, a maximum of once every 6 months, provided that it is in early spring or autumn.
People with fair and thin skin can use peeling more often than people with dark skin.
Contraindications for home chemical peeling
Before chemical peeling for the face at home will be performed, you need to make sure that:
- inflammatory acne;
- an allergic reaction to a chemical peeling component;
- the occurrence of herpes;
- cardiovascular and nervous abnormalities;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- location to the formation of scars after dry cleaning of the face.
Video clips about chemical face peeling. Tips on how to carry out the procedure at home
Deep chemical facial peeling at home. Instruction:
Lemon peeling at home: