Now any beauty salon is able to offer a woman a lot of procedures that will help to maintain youth. Chemical peeling of the skin of the face is especially popular , but what it is and how it is carried out must be thoroughly understood.
- What is chemical peeling
- Effect and mechanism of action
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Indications and contraindications
- Types of cleaning
- How is chemical peeling done
- Preparation and Precautions
- Carrying out the procedure – the main stages
- Stage 1
- 2 stage
- 3 stage
- Skin care after the procedure
- Side effects and effects
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- How often can I peel
- Procedure cost
- Customer reviews
- Video about chemical peeling and its benefits:
What is chemical peeling
This procedure helps to clean the top layer of the skin of the face with the strengthening of internal regenerative processes using specially selected chemical compounds. Peeling allows you to radically improve the structure of the skin without resorting to surgery.
In addition, the procedure enhances the protective properties, which stimulate the additional production of collagen, hyaluronic acid and elastin. This allows you to restore tone and smooth skin texture, get rid of wrinkles. In addition, the procedure allows you to remove scars, residual defects after acne, age-related pigmentation, freckles and normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Most often, chemical peeling is applied to the skin of the face, but the procedure is possible for the neckline, neck and hands.
Effect and mechanism of action
The mechanism of action is based on the action of weak acids on the skin, due to their penetration into the structural layers of the skin with subsequent activation of cellular rejuvenation processes.
Facial peeling is a chemical burn , the depth of which is strictly controlled by a cosmetologist and helps to eliminate precisely those skin problems that require adjustment. As a result of the procedure, dead skin cells of the surface layer of the skin begin to exfoliate, and regenerative processes are activated by replacing them with new cells.
A positive peeling result is already noticeable after the first treatment. The skin becomes taut, acquires a velvety surface, roughness and roughness are leveled, the tint becomes uniform.
Advantages and disadvantages
Chemical peeling of the face, what is it and what is the essence of its implementation should be known to every woman who decided to keep her youth and take drastic measures in the fight against the aging process. But before carrying out the procedure it is necessary to familiarize yourself with its pros and cons in advance, which will make it possible to decide and make the right choice.
The main advantages of peeling:
- Cleanses the skin from dead particles . Under the influence of acid, the dead cells of the upper layer of the epidermis soften and can be removed without any difficulties. This helps to smooth the surface of the skin and give it a natural even color.
- Normalizes the sebaceous glands . Most often, cosmetologists recommend peeling to owners of oily skin, as it helps to narrow the pores, free the sebaceous glands from subcutaneous fat and improves their functioning.
- Helps smooth wrinkles . Restorative processes after exposure to acid on the skin enhance the production of collagen, which helps to increase the firmness and elasticity of the skin. These qualities help smooth out deep wrinkles and facial expressions.
- Eliminates many skin problems . The use of chemical peeling helps eliminate scars, acne and scars, as sometimes this is the only possible solution.
Along with the obvious advantages of the procedure, experts highlight certain shortcomings that you need to know.
The main disadvantages of peeling:
- Discomfort . During the procedure, even with the most gentle composition, there is a burning sensation and pinching, which is due to the effect of acid on the skin.
- Long rehabilitation period . As a result of chemical peeling, redness appears on the skin, followed by peeling of the skin, which makes changes in the usual way of life and requires the necessary period for recovery.
- Complications may occur . The risk during the procedure is minimal, but do not resort to the services of dubious salons. Peeling should be carried out by a qualified specialist in appropriate conditions.
Indications and contraindications
Such a procedure as chemical face peeling is gaining more and more popularity. This is due to the fact that it has a universal effect and allows you to apply it repeatedly.
Cosmetology is prescribed in case of:
- general skin fatigue (gray tint, uneven surface);
- the presence of age spots and freckles;
- eliminate the effects of acne and scars;
- increased secretion of fat and enlarged pores of the face;
- improve skin tone and elasticity;
- smoothing wrinkles of mimic properties and prevention of ptosis.
In addition, chemical peeling is sometimes the primary step for more radical aesthetic techniques. It is allowed to use the procedure, both for medicinal purposes and as a preventive measure to prevent early skin aging, but not earlier than 14 years of age.
There are certain contraindications that limit the possibility of using chemical peeling to improve a person’s condition:
- viral and infectious diseases;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- recent radiation therapy;
- advanced form of acne;
- fresh wounds or scars.
It is strictly forbidden to use this procedure for people suffering from diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic pathologies of the kidneys and blood vessels, cancer and with individual intolerance to the components.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Types of cleaning
Cosmetologists subdivide chemical face peeling into the following varieties: deep, median and superficial. Each of these species has its own characteristics, which distinguishes them from each other. Their main feature is the depth of exposure to acid.
Deep cleansing of the face is possible only in a hospital and under general anesthesia. It is the best solution to eliminate deep age wrinkles, scars and scars.
Deep cleaning requires a long rehabilitation period of up to 6 months.
Since the applied phenol solution burns almost the entire epidermis at a depth of 1/32 inch.
After the procedure, the person remains in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor for 2-3 days, because there is a risk of complications.
This type of cleansing involves a burn of the epidermis to the basal layer of the skin. The recovery period takes about 7 days. It is used at the first clearly noticeable signs of age-related skin changes. When carrying out, a characteristic burning sensation and tingling is felt, as it often passes using trichloacetic or salicylic acid 25%.
o remove the following skin defects:
- facial wrinkles around the eyes, on the forehead and near the lips;
- not deep scars.
This type of cleaning has the most gentle property and therefore is often used for young skin. Recovery occurs within 3 days. The action of peeling extends to the upper layers of the skin: horny and granular.
When conducting, the following types of organic acids are used:
Subject to all the recommendations of the cosmetologist for further care, the risk of developing any complications is minimized.
How is chemical peeling done
The procedure involves several stages. Initially, it all comes down to choosing a suitable cosmetology salon, which has a good reputation and qualified specialists. This will help to avoid many serious problems in the future.
Further, the procedure proceeds according to the following principle:
- consultation with a doctor in order to identify possible contraindications;
- a plan of preparatory procedures for home conducting is drawn up;
- after two weeks, chemical peeling is carried out, depending on the type selected;
- upon completion, the doctor determines the course of rehabilitation and gives recommendations for further skin care.
Preparation and Precautions
Chemical peeling of the face, depending on the chosen method, should be carried out after preliminary preparation. This will help prepare the skin for such a strong impact that it will prevent the negative effects in the end.
For surface cleaning in order to identify the level of tolerance of the components and further getting used to them, the doctor prescribes the application of acid for peeling, but in a much lower concentration. Also, if the patient has herpes, preventive therapy is carried out to prevent its occurrence.
If drying acid will be used for cleaning, then a course of moisturizing the skin with special means is prescribed in advance on the recommendation of a doctor. Not all chemicals are equally able to penetrate the skin structure , so a few days before the procedure, the skin is treated with degreasing agents.
During the preparation period, you must refuse to visit the sauna, bathhouse and solarium, as well as consult a doctor when taking medications.
For the middle cleaning, the same preparatory steps are used as for surface peeling, but with small additions. As prescribed by the doctor a few days before the treatment, the skin is treated with glycolic acid and subsequently soaked in special creams containing fruit acid.
If necessary, therapy is carried out to strengthen the vessels on the face . Contact with ultraviolet rays should be excluded during the preparation period, therefore, according to the doctor’s prescription, it is necessary to use a special sunscreen. Do not use scrubs, washcloths and sponges of rough consistency.
With deep cleaning, a full examination is carried out to identify pathologies of the liver, heart and kidneys.
A course of therapy is prescribed to strengthen the walls of blood vessels. 6 months before the treatment, it is necessary to stop taking retinoids. Facial skin is treated with special bleaching solutions from hyperpigmentation. 3 months before this, you must stop visiting the solarium. 2 weeks before cleaning, it is not recommended to carry out procedures that can violate the integrity of the skin.
Carrying out the procedure – the main stages
Chemical peeling is carried out in compliance with all stages of the procedure, which are carried out in a clear sequence one after another.
Initially, gentle skin cleansing with gel and cosmetic milk is performed. Then, disinfecting and degreasing components are applied to the skin. In addition, the skin should be additionally treated at this stage with a pre-peeling composition, which improves permeability, and evens out the surface of the skin.
At the second stage, cleaning preparations are applied, starting from the forehead and gradually moving to the chin. The procedure is repeated as necessary. Depending on the type of peeling, the composition remains on the face for a certain time.
After the allotted time, the dermis is treated with a neutralizer, after which it is removed together with the acid. After removing all formulations, a soothing and moisturizing agent is applied to the skin.
Improvement of the skin structure after chemical peeling is noticeable after the redness, peeling and swelling of the skin subside. According to statistics, this happens within 2-3 weeks after.
Surface peeling results:
- complexion brightens
- becomes a uniform shade
- the relief is smoothed,
- pores are narrowed.
In the middle cleansing, the firmness and elasticity of the skin noticeably improves, shallow scars and fine lines are smoothed out, and age spots are lightened.
The results of deep cleaning are equalization of deep scars and wrinkles, deep pigment spots are noticeably lightened. In addition, the facial contour is tightened and skin elasticity improves.
Skin care after the procedure
Further skin care is to follow certain rules and recommendations as agreed with your doctor.
Their exact conduct guarantees a quick recovery process and eliminates the risk of possible complications:
- Drinking in the next 12 hours is only possible through a tube and it is strictly forbidden to brush your teeth and eat solid food.
- You can wash yourself only with boiled water at room temperature, but after that you can only absorb water from your face with a soft towel.
- The use of cosmetics for face care is not allowed for 7 days.
- Do not touch the skin with your hands so as not to infect.
- In order to avoid pigmentation, it is necessary to use means for protection against ultraviolet radiation on the recommendation of the attending physician.
- For additional hydration, it is necessary to use products based on hyaluronic acid and hydrogel.
- To reduce sensitivity, preparations containing fatty acids, shea butter and essential oils should be applied to damaged areas.
- In order to improve exfoliation of the upper layer, it is recommended to use products with panthenol, bisabol and vitamin A.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Side effects and effects
As a result of chemical peeling, damage to the skin of the face occurs, so it must be understood that it is accompanied by certain side effects.
But depending on their complexity, they are divided into expected and unpleasant consequences. In the first case, they pass without a trace after the rehabilitation period, and in the second they require additional therapy to restore the body.
The expected side effects are:
Unpleasant consequences, according to experts, are:
- prolonged allergic reaction;
- line of demarcation;
- acne and follicle formation;
- persistent, not passing inflammation;
- infectious tissue infection.
Recovery and rehabilitation
Depending on what type of chemical peeling was carried out, the duration of the rehabilitation will be different.
With a superficial cleaning, the skin of the face will recover within 3 days.
It will be necessary to recover after an average peeling within one or two weeks, depending on the individual characteristics of the person.
Deep cleaning requires a long recovery, so all residual effects after the procedure pass within 6 months.
How often can I peel
Each type of cleaning has application restrictions. Therefore, before conducting, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the possible courses of therapy and the number of their courses.
Superficial peeling, since it involves a gentle effect, is carried out by a course of 5-10 procedures with a break of 2 weeks. The peeling effect lasts for 12 months, and then it is repeated. It is recommended to conduct the course no more than once every 6 months.
The average cleaning includes 4 consecutive procedures with a break of 2 weeks. The course of therapy is possible no more than 1 time per year.
Deep chemical peeling is carried out no more than 2 times throughout life with a break between procedures of 1 year.
Depending on the type of procedure chosen and the chemical used, the intensity and depth of exposure, as well as the area of the problem area and additional means used, the cost can vary significantly.
Therefore, we can only focus on the minimum reference point:
- surface cleaning – from $ 41;
- middle cleaning – from $ 68;
- deep cleaning – from $ 136.
Numerous positive reviews from doctors and people who were able to eliminate many skin problems with chemical peeling prove its effectiveness.
But how then to explain the presence of negative reviews Very simple. In pursuit of low cost, many people trust their health to unverified beauty salons, which sometimes do not even have the necessary documents and professional specialists.
It’s clear from all that chemical face peeling is a procedure that can help a woman slow down the development of skin aging processes . This procedure has gained popularity also due to its relative accessibility in comparison with other aesthetic techniques.
Therefore, now it is considered one of the most universal procedures that helps to solve many problems of cosmetic properties.
Video about chemical peeling and its benefits:
How a chemical peeling is performed by a cosmetologist, see the video:
What can not be done after peeling, find out in the video clip: