The prospects for the appearance of a large abdomen cause concern among women, especially since the causes may lie in the malfunctions of the body.
- Why does fat accumulate in the abdomen
- Level of physical activity
- Bad habits
- Diseases of the internal organs
- Inability to relax properly
- Impaired postur e
- Hereditary factor
- Stress effect
- Excess weight
- Hormonal disruption
- Diagnosis of pathologies associated with an increase in the volume of the abdomen
- Methods of treating and reducing abdomen in volumes
- Treatment for pathologies of internal organs
- Physical activity
- Diet therapy
- Hormone treatment
- Video about a big belly in women
Why does fat accumulate in the abdomen
The reasons can be of a different nature, and it depends on how you can put your figure in order, for how long and whether there is a risk of returning to the previous undesirable forms.
The enemy of a slender body is unhealthy and irrational nutrition. An unbalanced diet provokes fat deposits in problem areas. And the abundance of food eaten in 1 dose stretches the walls of the stomach.
Nutritionists suggest abandoning:
- white bread;
- carbonated drinks;
- sweet desserts;
- chips and crackers
- various fast food.
In the diet should be the predominance of protein foods:
- low fat cottage cheese;
- poultry meat;
- lean beef meat;
- eggs (chicken, quail);
In order for the walls of the stomach not to stretch, food should be taken in small portions 3 – 4 time / day. The large belly in women, the reasons for which lie in improper nutrition, significantly decrease without additional effort, you only need to listen to the advice of specialists.
Level of physical activity
A low-active, sedentary lifestyle significantly affects muscles, including the abdominal:
- tissue elasticity decreases;
- the general tone of the body decreases;
- the abdominal wall ceases to hold its shape and stretches;
- metabolism is slower;
- there is a risk of prolapse of internal organs;
- the visual friability of the figure appears.
To improve the condition, it is recommended:
- in 10 minutes. after eating, do a 15-minute exercise in the fresh air;
- start the morning with gymnastics;
- start swinging the muscles of the press;
- walk more often, stop using the elevator, transport;
- give yourself several times physical activity during the working day.
A specialized set of exercises to restore the tone of the abdominal muscles can be found on the Internet.
Extra pounds appear where there are bad habits:
The use of alcoholic beverages . The mechanism of action is such that in the first place they are absorbed, create a picture of saturation, in which most of the food eaten goes to body fat. In women, the main accumulations are located mainly in the lower abdomen and on the hips.
- Smoking . A smoked cigarette slows down the metabolism, then the body begins to “scatter in the corners” not removed and undigested substances.
- Systematic overeating . Excesses of useful and not so substances are sent to the aprons of the “apron” on the stomach, the “breeches” of the hips.
- Eating in the evening , before going to bed.
- Unreasonable refusal of bad habits . If there is a sharp rejection of cigarettes and replacing them with candy, cookies, then it is possible to gain extra weight. A similar picture awaits the one who decided to apply diet or fasting. The body perceives this as a threat and, fearing a further shortage of food, tries to make its owner “break loose” and start eating at an accelerated pace, for the future.
As medical studies have shown, a lack of vitamin D in the body is associated with the formation of excess body fat.
You can replenish it:
- with the help of sunbathing;
- intake of fish oil;
- the use of butter;
- inclusion in the constant diet of marine fish.
The next, vitamin C, promotes metabolism and reduces the amount of cortisol in the body (the culprit in the accumulation of harmful visceral fat). It is proved that women who prefer products of yellow, red color, slimmer at the waist.
In addition to citrus fruits, vitamin C is available in:
- bell pepper;
In adulthood, the female body begins to absorb nutrients worse, therefore, to avoid vitamin deficiency, doctors recommend taking multivitamin complexes.
Diseases of the internal organs
A large belly in women, the causes of which are associated with diseases of the internal organs, can be reduced by removing the main problem.
- Edematous phenomena . In the area of the abdomen and mediastinum there is a large number of lymph nodes. If they begin to work with overload, then stagnation of lymph occurs, which causes swelling and visually increases the waist.
- The presence of uterine fibroids . An asymptomatic myoma that grows in size gives the impression of gaining excess weight. But this is not a diet that will help, but an appeal to a gynecologist to clarify the diagnosis and, for example, embolize the uterine arteries.
- Ascide (a cystic formation containing fluid). The disease has several causes (organ dysfunction, post-traumatic event), can be localized in the ovaries or pancreas. At certain sizes, the formation tends to position in the central of the abdomen.
- Polycystic , accompanied by a giant enlargement of the kidneys. With the disease, all organs in the abdomen are shifted forward, a protrusion occurs.
An increase in volume may also be the result of an enlarged liver in cirrhosis, as well as cancerous tumors.
Inability to relax properly
With age, the inability to properly build your vacation more and more affects the figure.
Fat deposits often grow in people who:
- little time for night sleep;
- do not make daily walks in the fresh air;
- prefer to eat high-calorie food at night;
- overeat systematically, especially on holidays;
- do not alternate mental exercises with physical ones.
The disease is characterized by intense gas formation and a slow release of accumulated air out. As a result, the walls of the abdomen swell, visually increasing its size.
In order to avoid such a picture, it is necessary to limit in the diet:
- white cabbage;
- a number of fruits that cause fermentation, as well as apples, plums.
It is important to take the primary food processing seriously with meals: chew each serving carefully and slowly. With systematic gas formation, it is recommended to consult a gastroenterologist.
A sedentary, sedentary lifestyle affects the weakening of the muscular skeleton and deformation of the spine. One of the manifestations of this picture is hyperlordosis – a significant forward deflection of the lower back. In this case, the stomach protrudes, not only due to anatomical disorders, but also because the intestines are disturbed, bloating appears, which aggravate the appearance.
To prevent the occurrence of these phenomena or in their early stages, exercises for the lower back can help.
They are included in such complexes of physical activity, as “Youth and spinal health.” Acquired scoliosis, curvature of the spine in the cervicothoracic may also affect posture. A possible displacement of organs with it is reflected in the forms of the abdomen.
The presence of an enlarged abdomen may be a genetically determined factor. Predisposition is detected by visual analysis of the appearance of parents and other close relatives.
In this case, it is difficult to get rid of excess volumes, it is easier to keep fit, so as not to plump even more. Particularly susceptible to fat deposits in the lower body are people with a pear-shaped figure and in the form of an apple.
Stressful situations trigger the body’s defense mechanism: cortisol production begins, which forces glucose to break down and fight the nervous state. With a constant increased hormone in the blood and wasting glucose, the brain gives the command to make accumulations in reserve.
Hence the expression “Stuck Stress”. Often, unconsciously, a person begins to eat in unlimited quantities of sweets, high-calorie food. Excesses form a cortisol stomach.
A large belly in women, the reasons for which are explained by stress, can be removed independently, observing 6 rules:
- avoid conflicts and stress;
- include physical exercises in the daily routine;
- get used to eating slowly while chewing food;
- limit the use of coffee and energy drinks;
- follow an elementary diet;
- provide an adequate, healthy sleep.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Morning exercises for those over 40, 50. Gym exercises for weight loss, video tutorials.
Excess volumes on the body, including on the stomach, appear from overeating. Part of the nutrients is not consumed by the body and is deposited in the tissues. Most often, kcal is sent to bins from sweets, muffins, fatty foods.
Experts recommend at least:
- limit yourself in carbohydrate intake;
- go in for sports (fitness);
- monitor the condition of the intestine;
- drink plenty of fluids (not juices or soda).
Obesity can be a consequence of hormonal disruptions. One option is thyroid problems – hypothyroidism.
The disease provokes:
- metabolic disease;
- speed dial pounds.
Correction of the gland can be done under the guidance of a doctor, increasing the consumption of iodine. Excess weight becomes a concomitant factor in hormonal changes associated with menopause. Lack of sex hormones affects the increased formation of visceral (abdominal) fat, which is localized under the muscles and around the organs.
A significant increase in the abdomen during pregnancy, in addition to the size of the fetus and the main, physiologically substantiated reason, may have several others.
- multiple pregnancy;
- metabolic disease;
- significant weight gain;
- placental tissue tumor.
In order to keep your health under control you need:
- systematic consultation of a gynecologist;
- taking measurements from the 20th week;
- blood test to determine the amount of sugar;
- regulated fluid intake;
- a diet that limits sweets, fatty foods, and gas-causing foods.
Diagnosis of pathologies associated with an increase in the volume of the abdomen
An initial visual examination of the abdomen may provide suggestive information about the reasons for its increase:
|Place of growth of the abdomen||Possible reasons|
|Upper left side||
|Upper right side||
|Increase during the day||
The doctor can recreate a more detailed picture, based on the patient’s story and the results obtained after the main studies.
- blood sugar test;
- blood test for hormones;
- analysis of feces for the content of pus, parasites, particles of undigested food;
- Ultrasound of the abdominal cavity and uterus for inflammation or neoplasm.
Methods of treating and reducing abdomen in volumes
Most cases of abdominal enlargement are treatable. To do this, it is necessary to correctly establish the causes and eliminate them. In the fight against excess volumes, both medications and
a well-established lifestyle can participate.
Treatment for pathologies of internal organs
Treatment is focused on eliminating the causes of abdominal growth.
Depending on the diagnosis, the following apply:
- conservative drug treatments (e.g., diabetes mellitus);
- surgical intervention (tumors, fibroids);
- physiotherapy (against stagnation in the lymphatic system);
- recipes of traditional medicine (as additional and preventive measures).
In many cases, in addition to specialized therapy, drugs are prescribed that enhance metabolism (based on ginseng, purple coneflower) and diuretics (potassium acetate, Turboslim-drainage), which help to intensively remove excess fluid and wastes from the body.
An enlarged abdomen is not always the result of accumulated fat deposits. A sedentary lifestyle leads to a weakening of the muscles of the peritoneum, they are no longer able to keep in shape, because of this, the skin undergoes stretching. As a result, under the pressure of the insides of the abdomen, its front part protrudes.
You can get rid of this phenomenon:
- enrolling in fitness;
- starting abdominal workouts at home;
- taking up Nordic walking;
- visiting the swimming pool several times a week;
- doing daily morning jogs.
If excess volumes appeared from overeating, then a diet with a limited amount of carbohydrates must be added to the listed physical activities.
How to eat in order to be satisfied with their forms.
Nutritionists suggest adhering to 10 basic rules, according to which within 7-10 days it is necessary:
- Ensure that the body receives a sufficient amount of fiber (30-35 g per day), which for a long time prolongs the feeling of satiety;
- Consume fish systematically as a source of Omega-3 (fatty acids). In this case, metabolism is activated, fats are burned.
- Replace coffee with green tea. The polyphenols of the drink increase immunity and turn subcutaneous fat into energy.
- Reduce the consumption of cabbage and broccoli, which cause bloating.
- Replace simple carbohydrates and sugar with complex ones: cereals, brown rice, whole grain flour products.
- Reduce the amount of salt consumed, replacing it, where possible, with lemon, spices.
- Include dairy products with the usual percentage of fat in the diet.
- To prolong the feeling of satiety, there is a small handful of nuts or avocados.
- To remove excess fluid from the body, periodically drink a decoction from a bunch of parsley.
- Eat fresh cucumber salad daily to help reduce swelling.
In women, the causes of a large abdomen can be hormonal disorders associated with:
- disruptions in the endocrine system;
- pregnancy and childbirth;
- genital dysfunction;
- restructuring of the body during menopause.
To make a diagnosis, studies are carried out:
- a blood test for the content and ratio of hormones;
- brain tomography;
- additional profile analyzes.
Based on the results obtained, hormone therapy is prescribed: tablets, suppositories, injections. With insufficient production of the hormone by the body, replacement therapy is carried out, with an excess, drugs are prescribed that suppress the active production of the substance. Any appointments should be done exclusively by a doctor.
To date, the following procedures are used in the fight against excess weight:
- vacuum-roller massage, designed to increase muscle and skin tone;
- contrast shower, which allows to activate blood flow and metabolic processes in cells;
- wrapping in a film – a kind of greenhouse effect allows cells to get rid of excess fluid and fatty waste;
- pressotherapy based on the impact of compressed air on the tissue using a special airtight suit;
- massage using essential oils;
- point effects on bioactive points;
- Laser lipolysis aimed at reducing the volume of fat cells.
Any of these procedures may have contraindications.
Most often, doctors recommend treating such weight loss methods carefully with women with:
- fibroids, fibroids;
- kidney stones, gall or bladder;
- oncological diseases;
- acute skin diseases;
- cardiovascular disease.
With age, it is difficult to maintain the previous forms, but a woman should have the motivation to get to the bottom of the reason in order to remove the still small, but already growing belly. Timely diagnosis and prevention will help prolong the youth of the figure.
Video about a big belly in women
What to do with a big belly. How to get rid of: