In pursuit of the beauty of appearance, many girls are constantly trying something new, looking for the most effective means and procedures. Having studied the secrets of oriental beauties, lovers of regular self-care discovered a miracle cure for hair – amla oil.
- What is amla oil
- The effectiveness of amla oil for hair
- Who is it for
- How to apply amla oil
- How to use amla oil on oily hair
- How to use on dyed hair
- Amla oil for hair loss
- Amla oil massage
- Mask with honey and amla oil
- Mask of amla oil and yolks for dry hair
- Repair mask
- Mask against gray hair
- Dandruff mask
- Split ends mask
- Adding Amla Oil to Shampoo and Hair Balm
- Cooking Amla Oil
- Amla oil producers
- Where to buy amla oil
- Amle Hair Video
What is amla oil
The luxurious thick hair of Indian women is often a gift of nature. Genetically, Indians have dense, thick, elastic hair. But without proper care, the hairstyle loses its neat appearance, and the hair structure becomes porous, the scales lose their smoothness. Outwardly, this manifests itself in the form of a cross-section of the tips, loss of gloss, dryness and brittle hair.
Amla – hair oil, which is obtained from the Indian tree of the emblica, is an analogue of gooseberry. It is quite difficult to meet this oil in a concentrated form, since to obtain 0,03 fluid ounce of pure product, 10000 pounds of berries must be processed. Accordingly, the price of such a tool will be very high.
Manufacturers of cosmetics found a way out and released base oils enriched with amla. Almost all parts of the plant are used for the preparation of medicines and cosmetics, so the amla oil has a heterogeneous color from pale yellow to light green. The smell is spicy herbaceous, as with all Ayurvedic cosmetology products.
Depending on the base oil, amla shows a special note, the aroma acquires a sweet, sour, bitter or sharp hue. The consistency of the classic means – viscous and oily.
Amla oil contains:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) prevents hair loss, nourishes and stimulates the bulbs, has a direct effect on the appearance – shine, elasticity.
- The tannins (tannins) in the composition support Vitamin C. Thanks to them, ascorbic acid does not break down under the influence of high temperatures, for example, when heating oil in a water bath.
- The group of mineral components: iron, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc. These components are indispensable for the normal functioning of the body as a whole.
- Bioflavonoids (Vitamin P) stop hair loss and remove excess fat.
- The complex of vitamins A and B, as well as proteins and carbohydrates are important elements for the growth and strengthening of hair.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
The effectiveness of amla oil for hair
It has the following effects:
- Treatment of hair damaged by styling, dyeing and other aggressive methods.
- Nutrition of the scalp, which allows you to get rid of seborrhea and dandruff.
- Improving the blood supply to the hair follicles, which leads to increased hair growth and the awakening of sleeping bulbs.
- Saturation of the scalp and hair roots with active ingredients.
- Improving hair structure by nourishing and moisturizing.
- Regulation of sebum production.
- Healing of small wounds, relieving itching.
Who is it for
Amla – hair oil, which is suitable for almost everyone who wants to improve the appearance of the hairstyle.
Particular attention should be paid to those who:
- untimely and very active gray hair appears;
- the hair was repeatedly dyed (especially bleached), permed or straightened, daily laid in a hot way (ironing, curling) without the use of protective equipment;
- the hair began to get dirty very quickly and look untidy due to improper care, wearing hats;
- active hair loss due to stress, lack of vitamins and nutrients or after childbirth;
- hair that is unruly by nature, which cannot be styled;
- itching, peeling, dandruff appeared.
This product is unique and has virtually no side effects.
- individual intolerance to components;
- an allergic reaction resulting from the use of low-quality products made from cheap or second-class raw materials.
How to apply amla oil
Instructions for use:
- With fingers, gently massage the oil onto the scalp;
- Along the entire length of the hair, the agent is abundantly distributed;
- The ends of the hair (about 3’9 – 5’9 inch) are additionally oiled, you can lower them into a container with oil and hold for about a minute;
- You need to wrap your hair with cling film or a special hat, you can use other improvised tools, for example, a regular bag;
- To create a thermal effect, you need to wrap a head with a towel;
- Depending on the availability of free time, you can keep the product on your hair from 1 to 8 hours. Can be left overnight.
- The oil is washed off well with a simple shampoo; for oily hair, shampoo may need to be reapplied.
How to use amla oil on oily hair
The use of oils usually exacerbates the problem of oily hair. Amla oil helps reduce fat. However, for an additional effect, lavender, cedar, and bergamot essential oils are added to the oil. For 2 large tablespoons of base oil, add 3-4 drops of essential oils. The enriched composition is heated to 37,4 – 41°F and applied in the traditional way.
It is enough to do this procedure once a week.
How to use on dyed hair
Dyed hair is primarily in need of restoration. Amla oil in this case can be applied to washed hair, distributing approximately from the middle of the length to the ends. You need to take only a few drops so that the hair does not look dirty.
You can enrich conditioners by adding a drop of oil per 1 serving. The classic way to use amla oil is also very effective for colored hair.
Amla oil for hair loss
For hair loss, amla oil works best when applied in a classic way. For deeper penetration of nutrients, the oil should be left for as long as possible, best of all at night.
Usually it is enough to carry out the procedure once a week.
With active hair loss, you can make a mask 2 times more often. The effect is noticeable after 1 month of active use of the oil.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Amla oil massage
Head massage with oil is a very effective procedure for relaxing, relieving stress, improving blood circulation of the skin and accelerating hair growth. For massage, you need to warm the amla oil 37,4 – 32°F, this will enhance the relaxing effect.
Massage is best done before shampooing. The fingertips dipped in oil pass through the entire head from the forehead to the back of the head, from the ear to the crown. First, the movements should be light vibrating, gradually you can increase the pressure and intensity.
The duration of the massage is 5-7 minutes. After the procedure, you can leave the oil on your hair for another 30 to 40 minutes, wrapping your head in a hat and a towel.
Mask with honey and amla oil
This is a great firming mask. Honey has a rich composition, enriched with vitamins and minerals and is widely used not only in cosmetology, but also in medicine. For the mask, you need to take the same parts of honey and oil and heat to 37,4 – 41°F, so that the honey melt well and become viscous.
Next, apply the composition from the roots to the ends. The tips can be applied with a thick layer to relieve dryness. The mask is enough to hold for about 2 hours.
Mask of amla oil and yolks for dry hair
This mask seals the scales, so the hair becomes smooth and shiny, and also moisturizes the hair along the entire length, so regular use removes cross-section and dryness.
2 yolks need to be beaten until a smooth texture and add 1,35 fluid ounce of amla oil. The composition must be applied abundantly over the entire length, especially carefully process the tips. Soak the product for 1 hour and rinse with shampoo.
It will be required:
- 1 avocado grated on a fine grater. You need to take a very soft fruit;
- 1 yolk whipped into a homogeneous mass;
- 1,69 fluid ounce of amla oil.
The components are mixed and heated to 86 – 104°F. It is enough to hold such a mask for 30 minutes.
Mask against gray hair
It is necessary to take:
- 0,68 fluid ounce of amla oil;
- 1,01 fluid ounce almond oil;
- 0,34 fluid ounce of honey.
The flavonoids contained in the amla regenerate the production of colored hair pigment, so when you use this mask on a permanent basis, gray hair gradually disappears.
The mask needs to be mixed, heated and applied in bold over the entire length. Keep the composition for at least 2 hours, then rinse with shampoo.
This mask transforms the scalp, removes all impurities, greasiness, gradually treats seborrhea. The skin becomes moisturized, the hair looks healthy. For the mask you need to take natural yogurt without additives and amla oil and mix in a 1: 1 ratio.
The mask should be at room temperature. It is enough to keep it on your head, covered with a hat or cling film, for 1 hour. After washing the hair with shampoo, you can rinse the scalp with a decoction of chamomile.
Split ends mask
Split ends first of all need constant moisturizing and softening. In a container you need to mix 0,34 fluid ounce of amla oil, 1 teaspoons. sour cream and 1 drop of rosemary essential oil. Heated to 86 – 104°F, the composition is applied to about 3’9 – 7’9 inch of hair to the ends (depending on the total length). After 2 hours, the mask can be washed off.
Adding Amla Oil to Shampoo and Hair Balm
Enriching the usual cosmetic products with amla oil will significantly improve the appearance of the hair due to the appearance of natural shine and moisturization of the cuticle. The hairstyle will look neat and well-groomed. All sticking out and fluffing hair is nourished and will become obedient.
Some cosmetic brands have already taken care of their customers and made a line of shampoos and balms enriched with amla oil. However, you can do it yourself by adding 3-4 drops of oil to your favorite remedies. The use of funds with amla is no different from the usual procedure.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Cooking Amla Oil
Amla is a hair oil that can be prepared independently from a powder purchased in any Ayurvedic store. As a base oil, you can choose any one that works well with a particular type of hair. The most popular are castor, coconut or almond oil.
For 1 teaspoons powder you need to take 3,38 fluid ounce of oil.
Cookware for cooking oil should be clean and slightly warmed up. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Oil with amla powder should be removed in a dark, dry, cool place for 2 to 3 weeks, periodically, the container must be turned over so that the settled powder mixes with the oil. When the oil acquires an active musky aroma, you can strain it so that the powder does not remain in the hair.
Amla oil producers
|The brand||Advantages disadvantages||Price|
|Baraka ( 3,72 fluid ounce)||Completely natural with the addition of henna, black cumin, coconut and fenugreek, the base is sesame oil. Due to the composition it has a pronounced therapeutic effect. Manufacturer: Sri Lanka||400 time.|
|Amla Dabur ( 6,76 fluid ounce)||Contains silicones and mineral oils, therefore it has a purely cosmetic effect. In the composition there is henna, which actively dyes blond hair.||200 time.|
|Amla Plus Hashmi ( 6,76 fluid ounc
|The oil is enriched with colorless henna and rose petals. The aroma of a rose creates the effect of aromatherapy. Appointment: activation of hair growth and improvement of appearance. Manufacturer: Pakistan||400 time.|
|Vedica ( 3,38 fluid ounce)||It has a rich composition – extract of roses, lotus, aloe, coconut and ginger oil. A large number of components allows for a powerful restorative procedure at home. Manufacturer: India||500 time.|
Where to buy amla oil
Amla hair oil has become very popular, so many brands are eager to create their own product. In professional stores you can find amla care lines, but most often the compositions are more suitable for cosmetic care to give a beautiful appearance to the hair, but not to cure it. This is due to the presence of silicones and mineral oils in the composition.
High-quality amla oil with a natural composition can be bought only in specialized Ayurvedic stores, pharmacies, online stores specializing in Indian products or oils.
On the Internet, positive reviews about the use of amla oil for hair prevail. Girls note that a significant improvement in the appearance of hair is observed after a month of use, and regular use of oil significantly accelerates hair growth and provokes the appearance of a basal cannon from sleeping hair follicles.
The negative aspects of the users include the inaccessibility of high-quality oils in the American market and their high price.
Amle Hair Video
The use of amla for hair, masks from it: