Skin problems in the form of acne is sometimes a serious signal of the body that there is a certain pathology. And acne on the cheeks is a frequent localization of inflammation in women, which can be caused by various diseases of the internal organs.
- Types of Acne on the Cheeks
- External and internal causes of acne on the cheeks
- Rashes with dysbiosis
- Acne on the cheeks with demodicosis
- Acne with hormonal imbalance
- Acne during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Drug treatment
- Microcurrent treatment
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Ozone therapy
- How to care for acne on your cheeks
- Home scrubs
- Home masks
- St. John’s wort
- Raw pumpkin
- Sage and chamomile
- Essential oils
- Horsetail and linden
- What can not be done with acne on the cheeks
- Video on the topic: Acne on the cheeks of women. What to do
Types of Acne on the Cheeks
Acne on the cheeks: causes in women, the nature of inflammation, the accompanying symptoms can have a different orientation.
1. Allergic rashes – associated with the action of an irritant on the skin. They may look like single bright red pimples, or as extensive redness or blisters. Often the skin at the point of contact with the irritant swells, itching occurs, and subsequent peeling is also possible. If contact with the allergen is eliminated, then acne disappears.
Causes of occurrence:
- sensitivity to individual foods:
- milk products;
- red berries;
- Exotic fruits;
- food colorings;
- side effects of medicines.
2. Subcutaneous acne – the most painful and difficult to remove rashes that look like red bumps above the surface of the skin, inside filled with pus. Maturation of such an acne occurs for a long time and is often painful. With some products, internal resorption can be achieved.
Causes of occurrence:
- endocrine disorders;
- subcutaneous tick;
- blockage of the sebaceous glands;
- gynecological diseases.
3. Dry acne – often occur on dry and dehydrated skin. They do not contain pus and can easily be removed from the skin.
Causes of occurrence:
- clogged pores;
- problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- food allergies.
4. Purulent acne – inflammation of the hair follicle, characterized by the appearance of a white purulent area on the skin. With a mild form of such inflammation, the pimple can be easily removed, but if there is an inflamed area of skin underneath, but you need to wait until it is fully mature.
Causes of occurrence:
- hormonal disbalance;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- excess production of subcutaneous fat;
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
External and internal causes of acne on the cheeks
Acne on the cheeks of women can appear for many reasons. Some dermatologists believe that inflammation on the cheeks indicates a violation in the reproductive system of women. This is the main reason, but not the only one.
|External causes of acne on the cheeks||Internal causes of acne on the cheeks|
|Improperly selected skin care cosmetics
Poor decorative cosmetics
Long sun exposure
Frostbite cheek skin
Frequent contact of dirty hands with face
Contact with harmful substances
Squeezing Acne on the Face
|Hormonal failure in the body
Parasites in the body
Hormonal changes in pregnant women
Infectious diseases of the female organs
Acne on the cheeks (the reasons for women are described above) can be different, so diagnostics are needed to determine the disease that causes inflammation.
The first thing to do is to exclude problems of a gynecological nature, so it is worthwhile to undergo an examination at two doctors – a gynecologist and an endocrinologist. Often in clinics there is only one doctor – a gynecologist-endocrinologist who studies in more detail the question of the relationship of sex hormones with impaired functioning of the female reproductive system.
Diagnosis for each woman will occur individually, but the main tests are likely to be the same.
- analysis of sex hormones;
- ultrasound diagnosis of the pelvis;
- transvaginal ultrasound diagnosis;
- analysis for latent sexually transmitted infections;
- general smear on the flora.
During the consultation, the doctor may prescribe additional tests based on the patient’s complaints.
If the woman does not have gynecological problems, then the next step will be to visit a doctor – a gastroenterologist, as often the cause of acne on the cheeks of women is stomach problems. To make sure that the gastrointestinal tract works without pathologies, you should pass the following tests:
- fluoroscopy of the stomach;
- ultrasound examination;
- blood test;
- Analysis of urine;
- stool studies.
In addition to these causes of acne on the cheeks of women, there is a likelihood of such a symptom in the presence of parasites. When in the human body, they reduce immunity, disrupt metabolism and exhibit allergic reactions.
For their diagnosis, you need to pass such tests as:
- fecal studies;
- general urine analysis;
- general blood analysis;
- serological and immunological studies;
However, general tests may not always show the exact result, so often, in the presence of other symptoms indicating the presence of parasites in the body, a tissue biopsy is prescribed.
Rashes with dysbiosis
Dysbacteriosis is not a disease as such, but it means an improper microbial balance in the intestine . This condition may be asymptomatic, but is often accompanied by nausea, lack of strength, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and skin rashes.
With dysbiosis, acne does not always affect the cheeks, but they are no exception. The nature of the rashes can be different, ranging from a small rash, ending with subcutaneous acne, depending on the complexity of dysbiosis. It is important to understand that external treatment of acne will not solve the problem, although it will help to improve the external manifestation, therefore, it is necessary to get rid of the underlying cause.
Diagnosis: To diagnose dysbiosis, a stool analysis is needed. Three days before delivery, it is necessary to stop using means that relax intestinal motility and other medications for rectal use.
- Strictly follow a diet, abandoning fried, spicy, smoked dishes. The proper diet includes fermented milk products rich in bifidobacteria (kefir, yogurt, yogurt, sour milk).
- Treatment includes taking antibiotics only in advanced cases of dysbiosis.
- Acceptance of drugs that normalize the intestinal microflora (Bifidumbacterin, Hilak Forte, Linex and others)
With proper treatment, dysbiosis disappears within two months from the time of treatment, and acne disappears during treatment.
Acne on the cheeks with demodicosis
Demodecosis is a very common disease among women, observed with a decrease in immunity caused by the Demodex tick. It is a lesion of the skin of the face (especially nasolabial folds, skin of the eyelids, chin), resembling acne and rashes in the form of subcutaneous and purulent acne. The skin acquires a red tint, it becomes very oily and bumpy.
Diagnosis: To identify, you must pass one of the tests:
- scraping from damaged skin. To do this, a week before the upcoming analysis, you can not wash the damaged skin with alkaline products and use cosmetics;
- microscopic examination of eyelashes;
- sticking a special tape on damaged skin at night.
- As local therapy, various ointments and serums that destroy the tick (Erythromycin, Lindane, Metronidazole, Spregal, sulfur ointment and others) are used. As well as eye drops (Armin, Tosmilen), if the disease affects the mucous membrane of the eye.
- Means for raising immunity, antiparasitic drugs.
Depending on the complexity of the disease, therapy can range from 6 months to 1 year of treatment.
Acne with hormonal imbalance
The most common cause of acne in women is hormonal disruption in the body.
They can be triggered by a huge number of reasons, ranging from malnutrition to ovarian dysfunction. In any case, the appearance of acne is due to the activity of two hormones: the male hormone testosterone (which should be present in small quantities in women) and dehydroepiandrosterone – sulfate.
Excessive testosterone production in the female body leads to blockage of the sebaceous glands , thickening of the skin and the appearance of all types of acne. The most common cause of an increase in testosterone is polycystic ovary and other diseases of the female organs.
Dehydroepiandrosterone – sulfate is produced by the adrenal cortex, an indicator which increases from constant stress.
To find out the indicators of these two hormones, it is necessary to take a blood test for the level of sex hormones. In each clinic, the rules for the analysis are different, so it’s worth clarifying the details at the place of delivery.
In this case, it is important to understand that the complete disappearance of acne will come only as a result of cure from the disease that causes such a symptom. Therefore, the first thing a competent doctor will know is what provoked hormonal jumps and will direct all his efforts to cure the disease.
Very often, a woman is prescribed hormonal contraceptives, which only block her hormonal background, replacing it with pills. And as a result, after drug withdrawal, the problem intensifies several times.
Therefore, it is necessary:
- Find out the cause of hormonal failure and treat the disease.
- Increased immunity, healthy lifestyle.
- The use of external agents to reduce external manifestations.
Acne during pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy and lactation in the female body, the production of the hormone progesterone increases, which helps to maintain pregnancy and improve milk production.
Therefore, the treatment of acne in this case is limited only to surface agents that do not contain hormonal substances:
- External means of traditional medicine (aloe, calendula, soda, wormwood and others).
- Balanced diet.
In the treatment of acne can not do without tools that quickly improve the condition of the skin.
- Zinerite is a preparation in the form of a powder and a solution containing active ingredients, such as erythromycin and zinc, which have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, astringent effects. The prepared solution is applied to the skin in the morning and evening using an applicator. The effectiveness of Zenerite has been proven by many buyers, but the addictive effect is also indicated. Price: from $ 8,84.
- Baziron is a gel-like preparation that absorbs excess sebum, which has an antimicrobial, commandogenic effect. The gel helps to moisturize the skin, which is important when exposed to acne. The drug is applied 1-2 times a day. A persistent effect occurs after 3 months of administration. Price: from $ 9,52.
- Skinoren is a drug produced in the form of a gel and ointment, containing azeloic acid, which has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, whitening ability. Apply to clean skin 2 times a day. The therapeutic effect is observed after 4 weeks of daily use. Price: from $ 10,2.
- Salicylic acid is an alcoholic solution aimed at a wide range of actions, including acne, warts, corns, psoriasis, eczema. The solution is cleaned with clean skin twice a day. Most reviews of the drug are positive, but with frequent use, the effect of dry skin is noticed. Price: from $ 0,22.
Differin is a drug produced in the form of a gel and ointment aimed at treating all types of acne. It has anti-inflammatory, healing, antimicrobial effects. It is applied to dry and clean skin 2 times a day. According to reviews, the effect is noticeable after 4 weeks from the date of
use. Price: from $ 10,88.
Microcurrent is a procedure that acts on the skin layers with a low current discharge, which has a wide range of applications. Due to its action, it eliminates skin toxins, normalizes the sebaceous glands, stimulates the formation of elastin and collagen, and enhances cell regeneration. These are necessary functions to get rid of acne on the cheeks.
During the procedure, the cosmetologist applies a special gel to the face, to pass the discharge into the depths of the skin, and is touched by a special device that gives current. The procedure lasts about 45 minutes, after which there is a slight swelling that lasts for several hours.
Laser skin resurfacing
Laser resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure performed by a laser device to remove the surface layer of the skin on which spots and acne scars form. At the moment, laser resurfacing involves processing only the necessary areas of the skin.
During the procedure, local anesthesia is applied, so pain will be minimal. Laser polishing takes from 20 to 30 minutes.
After the procedure, you should immediately go home without falling into the sun. For about 4 days, it is worth forgetting about important matters, since the rehabilitation period is not always easy and is accompanied by severe redness, peeling of the skin, and temperature is also possible. After a month, the skin should completely recover.
Mesotherapy is an injection injected into the surface of the skin, and improving its condition. Mesotherapy is different in composition, depending on the result that you want to get.
For problematic skin, several ingredients are mixed: hyaluronic acid, antibiotic, vitamins and other means to restore the surface of the skin. The duration of the course depends on the degree of damage to the skin, and has a cumulative effect.
It should be noted that after injections, bruising and traces of pricking are observed, which disappear within 2-3 days.
Dermabrasion is the most painful and difficult procedure to get rid of scars and post-acne after acne, however, the most effective . The procedure is carried out using a nylon brush, diamond-cutter and surgical steel.
It is they who remove the surface layer of the skin from the face, so before the procedure, or rather, two weeks before its start, it is worth giving up smoking, hormonal pills, alcohol, so as not to inhibit blood coagulation.
The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 40-60 minutes. The rehabilitation period is about 2-6 months.
Ozone therapy is the injection of ozone into the skin by injection, which has a strong antiseptic property. Ozone destroys bacteria, fungi, viruses, therefore it is considered an excellent remedy for acne.
The procedure lasts about 15 minutes, and does not require a rehabilitation period. After the procedure, a slight swelling and a creaky feeling during chewing are possible.
How to care for acne on your cheeks
Problem skin needs special care, namely:
- obligatory cleansing twice a day, using special means to care for problem skin;
- it is not recommended to use oily cosmetics (for example, cosmetic milk for removing makeup);
- care products must contain acid, zinc;
- wash with warm water;
- it is not recommended to use scrubs with large particles that irritate and damage the inflamed integument;
- it is necessary to protect the skin from prolonged exposure to the sun.
To cleanse the skin of dead skin cells that prevent the skin from breathing fully, it is necessary to use home scrubs.
- Oatmeal scrub. You need to soak the oatmeal and massage it into clean skin for 2 minutes. Thanks to the fibers, oatmeal cleanses the skin well, without injuring it, and also makes it dull and smooth.
- Salt and egg white scrub. Salt is an excellent antimicrobial agent, and protein helps to narrow enlarged pores. To do this, a spoonful of table salt is mixed with egg white and applied lightly to the skin for 1 minute. Then it is washed off with warm water.
Mask of black clay and hydrogen peroxide . This mask dries inflammations well and improves complexion. It is necessary to mix black clay with hydrogen peroxide and apply to the entire face, avoiding the area around the eyes and lips. Keep mask until completely dry, then rinse with warm water.
- Colorless henna mask. Colorless henna has anti-inflammatory and astringent effects. To do this, dilute the henna with water until gruel forms and apply on the face. Wash off with warm water after the mask has completely dried.
- Mask of honey. Honey has an anti-inflammatory and softening effect on the skin of the face. On a washed face you need to apply a small amount of honey and hold for 15 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
These simple homemade lotions can improve complexion, remove redness and reduce pores.
It should be remembered that natural skin care products are not stored for more than 2-3 days.
- Peppermint lotion. To prepare the lotion, you need to take the mint leaves and boil it in boiling water. Cool and wipe the skin with a moistened cotton pad throughout the day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Lotion. Take a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and dilute in a glass of warm water. Wipe the skin with this lotion twice a day.
- Lemon and Cucumber Lotion. Squeeze a tablespoon of lemon, grate a fresh cucumber and mix everything. Wipe clean skin with the resulting juice 1-2 times a day.
Aloe is a powerful natural antiseptic containing vitamin C, B, E, minerals and other components with anti-inflammatory, healing, regenerating properties. Before using aloe juice in masks and face lotions, you need to keep it in the refrigerator for about 2
days, so that the juice becomes even more useful.
Plantain has a calming and healing properties, contains in its composition vitamins A, K, C and volatile, helping to get rid of acne on the cheeks. In order to prepare plantain juice, you need to grind the leaves and put the pulp in the refrigerator. Juice can be stored for a week.
Wormwood is famous for its antiparasitic and antimicrobial properties. It is most effective to use bitter wormwood as an alcohol tincture. To do this, pour 1 tablespoon of wormwood with 1 glass of vodka.
After that, leave the tincture in a dark and cool place for 12 days, gently shaking for these days. After this, it is worth the contents to strain and pour into another container.
St. John’s wort
St. John’s wort is known for its soothing and disinfecting properties that help fight acne on the cheeks. To do this, pour flowers and leaves of St. John’s wort with a glass of boiling water and cover. After an hour, you can wipe your face with this decoction.
Calendula flowers contain tannins, acids, volatile and alkanoid, effectively eliminating inflammation. To make an alcohol solution, you need to take 4 tablespoons of flowers and pour 0,1 gallon of boiled cold water and alcohol. Insist in a dark and cool place for a week.
Pumpkin contains zinc, iron, magnesium, calcium, many useful trace elements that help fight acne.
To do this, use the pulp of raw pumpkin and apply to the skin for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water. The skin will become soft and velvety without redness.
Sage and chamomile
Acne on the cheeks (the reasons for women may be different) arise due to the spread of bacteria on the inflamed skin. Sage and chamomile together have healing properties – pore narrowing, bactericidal, anti-irritant, wound healing.
To prepare the tincture, you can use alcohol or vodka and pour 4 tablespoons of each herb 0,1 gallon. You can use tincture for wiping in a week.
Guelder-rose is rich in pectins and tannins which well help to get rid of acne on cheeks. For the broth, you can use both the leaves and the fruits of the plant, pour a spoonful of the substance with a glass of boiling water and let it brew for half an hour.
Using soda, you can remove excess sebum and exfoliate the surface of the skin. To do this, you can simply dilute it with water or hydrogen peroxide and apply on a clean face for 10-15 minutes.
In the process of washing off the mask, the skin is slightly scrubbed, removing dead cells.
To treat acne, iodine must be used very carefully, otherwise you can get a skin burn. In order to safely apply the product, you must initially lubricate the damaged skin with a cream, and then iodine. It is not recommended to use iodine on acutely inflamed acne, otherwise their appearance can be spread.
Essential oils are not recommended for use on problem skin in its purest form. They work best when added to creams or masks for problem skin, the main thing is not to overdo it in their quantity. For inflamed skin, oils of lavender, lemon, tea tree, eucalyptus are suitable. Basically, 1-2 drops of the drug are enough for a single procedure.
Horsetail and linden
Linden and horsetail have a strong antimicrobial effect on the skin of the face. Usually they are used as a lotion, brewing 1 tablespoon of each ingredient in half a gallon of boiling water.
The broth should be infused for an hour.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Products used in food have a strong effect on the largest organ of the body – the skin. In order to improve the condition of the skin, it is necessary to properly build a diet.
|Skin Improving Products||Acne provocative foods|
|Dairy products (kefir, cottage cheese, natural yogurt, whey)
Freshly squeezed juice, fruit drink
Fruits and berries
Seasonal vegetables (peppers, tomatoes, legumes, spinach, carrots)
Cereals (cereals, fiber)
What can not be done with acne on the cheeks
- do not touch acne with dirty hands, do not squeeze;
- Do not wash your skin often;
- Do not use a large amount of makeup to mask;
- Do not neglect sunscreens.
Failure to follow these recommendations can cause acne to spread on the cheeks of women. Therefore, in the treatment of acne, it is worth remembering these simple rules.
Video on the topic: Acne on the cheeks of women. What to do
Elena Malysheva will tell you how to treat acne, acne, acne on the cheeks and body: