Kogi threads, developed by Korean cosmetologists, allow you to tighten sagging muscle fibers and correct the oval without resorting to abdominal cosmetic surgery to lift the face. The innovative method of restoring the natural firmness and elasticity of the skin using Cog mesothreads has become a real breakthrough in cosmetology.
It is much more effective than the usual Botox, peeling and biorevitalization that helps restore and preserve the natural frame of the face, reinforce the flabby structure of the skin. In terms of effectiveness, the method is not inferior to surgical facelift, but less traumatic. Recovery after the introduction of Kogi threads is quick and painless.
- What is thread lifting
- Description of Kogi threads
- Thread Action
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Indications for use
- Best Kogi Thread Manufacturers: Overview and Pricing
- Korean threads under the Omega brand
- Beaute ‘lift V Line
- EVE COG
- VERSATILE Uni
- Comparison of Kogi threads with other types of mesothreads
- Features of the course of the rehabilitation period when using Kogi threads
- Side effects
- Video about Kogi threads for facelift and their effectiveness
What is thread lifting
Microinvasive intervention, carried out by introducing special threads from different materials into the dermis (subcutaneous layer) of the face, is called thread lifting. The method significantly smoothes age-related changes, eliminates scars that create an aesthetic imbalance.
Thread lifting is carried out not only on the face, it perfectly rejuvenates and smoothes the neck and decollete. Thread lifting has become especially popular in domestic cosmetology in the last 20 years.
Description of Kogi threads
Kogi threads for facelift – cosmetic threads from natural biomaterial that is absolutely compatible with the tissues of the human body. Kogi yarns are distinguished from other mesonites by multiple converging and diverging notches called Cog (cog means a tooth in English).
Reliable fixation of the Kogi threads inside the subcutaneous layer of the dermis ensures the smoothing of the incisions.
The Kogi mesothread consists of a puncture needle, a hollow soft tube with a solid pin inside it (cannula), and a voluminous mesothread with notches. The needle is made of high quality heavy-duty medical steel. Laser sharpening of the needle makes it easy, less traumatic and almost painless to introduce mesothreads under the skin.
Kogi mesothreads are of the following types:
- PLLA – threads are especially durable. The composition of the filaments includes polylactic acid, which enhances the production of collagen, provides a lifting similar to exposure to fillers. Threads of different lengths ( 113/32 – 189/32 inch) allow them to be used to reinforce different areas of the face and tighten the skin on the neck. The effect persists throughout the year;
- PDO – mesothreads are made from polydioxanone (monofilament suture material). Absorbed from 6 months to a year, leaving a natural collagen frame, lasting about 2 years;
- DOUBLE COG is a herringbone double-sided thread. With the lethargy and friability of the dermis perfectly pulls it up and perfectly retains its shape;
- unilateral threads have multidirectional notches on only one side of the body of the thread. Recommended for use with mild age-related skin deformities;
- multidirectional threads are provided with multidirectional notches around the thread. An excellent result is achieved in the case of sagging skin (the effect of “baked apple”), with a deficiency of subcutaneous fat. Recommended for tightening and fixing large areas of the skin.
Today, the services of cosmetologists have 3D and 4D Kogi threads:
- 3D – threads Kogi have notches in 3 directions around the thread, are used for enhanced tightening of the middle area of the cheeks and cheekbones. The introduction of threads is quite painful, therefore, it is carried out under local anesthesia. The procedure is simple, it can be done by a well trained, experienced cosmetologist;
- 4D – threads have numerous notches in 4 directions. The introduction of the thread is a rather complicated procedure, only a plastic surgeon can carry it out. The effect is almost instant.
First of all, when choosing the type of threads, the age of the patient, the features of his skin (the degree of sagging of the skin of the face, the thickness of the subcutaneous fat layer, etc.) are taken into account.
Kogi threads are implanted in the dermis of the face and due to multiple multidirectional notches are firmly fixed, providing the necessary tension to tighten the skin of the face. They are introduced using small punctures and the introduction of a needle with a thread under the skin. Then the needle is removed, leaving the stretched thread in a given direction.
The whole procedure takes a little more than half an hour. First, the skin is well cleansed and disinfected with an antiseptic. Then, with a special marker on the skin, an arrangement of the threads is applied. An anesthetic cream is applied to the skin, which reduces the sensitivity of the skin. And after 10-15 minutes, when the skin is sufficiently frozen, threads are introduced.
To do this, small cuts or punctures are made in the skin. The thread is introduced under the skin to a depth of 4/32 – 6/32 inch and then stretched using a cannula along the outlined lines. The doctor monitors the accuracy of the insertion of the threads using a camera. Accuracy plays a huge role, since needle threads can cause microtraumas when dragged through the skin.
After installing the mesh, the doctor pulls the threads, with the help of notches and nodules, fixes them, forming a strong frame. Then, stitches are placed on the incisions and an elastic aseptic dressing is placed on top. The doctor removes this bandage a week after examining the patient.
Everything is strictly sterile, the threads should be printed with the patient.
If cream anesthesia is not enough and the patient still feels pain, an injection of lidocaine or ultracaine is given. The entire operation does not last long, on an outpatient basis. The patient can immediately go home. The anti-aging effect is maximally manifested after about a month, although a visible improvement in the skin condition is observed immediately after the procedure.
The action of Kogi threads occurs in 3 stages:
- provide a good lift in the deep layers of the dermis, thanks to notches;
- in the cells of the connective tissue around the threads, the production of elastin and collagen is enhanced, its metabolism and renewal are accelerated. The structure and quality of the skin, its microcirculation noticeably improves;
- absorbable, form a fairly strong collagen frame, providing the formation and fixation of the desired contour of the face and body.
Depending on the condition of the skin, the doctor calculates the required number of required threads:
|Forehead lift, chin||Cheek lift, brilliance removal||Smoothing the nasolabial triangle||For a circular pull|
|5-7 pieces||12-15 threads||6-8 pieces||40-50 threads|
Kogi threads not only help to fix the skin, they allow you to move, “tighten” it. A correctly performed procedure visually tightens and straightens the oval contour of the face, removes medium and small age wrinkles.
This procedure is recommended by doctors to patients aged 35 to 50 years, with slight sagging skin and oval face contraction. With severely weakened skin tone and severe ptosis, Kogi threads will not be able to give the desired result. In such cases, the patient is recommended cavity or laser cosmetic facelift surgery.
Advantages and disadvantages
The introduction of Kogi threads, like any cosmetic procedure that violates the integrity of the skin, is associated with a certain risk. Therefore, you should think carefully, consult with a good doctor, weigh the pros and cons before deciding to manipulate.
The advantages of using Kogi threads become apparent when you familiarize yourself with their properties:
- short time of the procedure. One session takes about an hour, and on the same day the patient can go home. The operation is performed on an outpatient basis;
- practicality (no more than 4 threads are required per one area of the treated skin);
- safety (absolute naturalness, eliminating rejection and allergies). In addition, there is no threat of distant inflammation of the skin and purulent processes during the breakdown of threads);
- prolonged effect (action up to 3 years);
- compatibility with the use of other mesothreads and other cosmetic procedures ;.
- preservation of natural facial expressions;
- Applicability to various parts of the body.
The main and probably the only drawback of using Kogi threads is the need to re-introduce them every one and a half to two years. The threads completely dissolve during this time, turning into carbon dioxide and water, are eliminated from the body naturally. In addition, the disadvantage may be the high cost of the procedure.
Such moments as some soreness, small wounds and swelling, are inevitable concomitant phenomena and to a large extent depend on the experience and skill of a plastic surgeon. The disadvantage of using Kogi threads is age restrictions. Threads are indicated for patients aged 35 to 55 years.
Indications for use
Kogi threads for facelift are used for the following age-related, or for other reasons arising, pathologies of the skin of the face, neck and decollete:
- fine and deep wrinkles;
- deep nasolabial folds;
- flabbiness and lethargy of the skin;
- drooping eyelids and eyebrows;
- omission of the corners of the lips (mournful folds);
- sagging cheeks (the so-called bryl);
- swollen facial contour, displacement of the oval of the face, leading to severe asymmetry;
- ring of Venus (on the neck);
- bags under the eyes;
- double chin;
- postoperative scars;
- sagging and sagging skin after liposuction;
- lethargy and friability of the skin on the abdomen and buttocks;
- wrinkles in the neckline.
In addition, Kogi threads can provide additional volume in certain areas of the face, such as cheekbones and cheeks.
The use of Kogi threads is not recommended in the following cases:
- the presence of infectious and viral skin diseases;
- low blood coagulability;
- excessive production of sebum, causing blockage of small wounds and their inflammation;
- Strong sagging skin, critical swelling of the oval of the face;
- the presence of cancer;
- diabetes mellitus 1 and 2 degrees;
- age before 35 and after 55 years.
With individual intolerance to anesthetics, the procedure will have to be carried out without anesthesia, which is contraindicated with a low threshold of pain sensitivity.
Best Kogi Thread Manufacturers: Overview and Pricing
Kogi threads for facelift from Korean manufacturers are presented on the domestic market of cosmetic services. They differ in quality, price, and application features. The cost of the service depends on the manufacturer,, specific clinic, the qualifications of a plastic surgeon. Prices for Kogi threads range from $ 27 – $ 41. for one thread.
Before contacting specialists for the procedure for establishing Kogi mesothreads, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the different types of Kogi threads from various manufacturing companies. You must be sure of the experience and qualifications of the doctor who is given the money and trusted the most expensive – health and beauty.
To do this, you need to get acquainted with the reviews of patients who previously resorted to the services of this doctor, about the doctor himself and about the clinic as a whole. Today, every reputable and competitive clinic has its own website on the Internet, constantly updated and accessible to every user.
Korean threads under the Omega brand
The most popular in USA today are lifting meson threads of the Omega brand from the Korean manufacturer OV World. This company was the first in Korea to receive a patent for the production of filaments with coils from monofilament suture material polydioxanone.
Omega brand mesothreads are available in the following variations:
|Omega VL Original ( 176/32 inch)||Omega VL Spike||Little Omega VL|
|notches are directed one way||notches are arranged in a spiral around the body of the thread, directed in different directions||the threads are short, the teeth are multidirectional|
|minimally invasive facelift along natural lifting vectors||for more reliable tissue fixation and prolonged results||delicate tightening of the nasolabial, drooping eyelids and eyebrows|
The best effect is obtained with the combined use of these 3 types of threads.
Beaute ‘lift V Line
Beaute lift V-LINE yarns are made in Korea, puncture needles are sharpened and sanded using laser technology in Japan. The threads undergo additional polishing, consisting of only natural material, polydioxanone, completely absorbable within 6 months.
Upon disintegration, it is replaced by connective tissue, which additionally strengthens the frame of the face. The universality of this brand of threads consists in a variety of their lengths and diameters, this allows you to use them in various combinations to achieve the best effect.
Lifting threads EVE COG from
Meditronic DongJun allow you to make high-quality lifting, reinforcing the frame of the facial oval and improve the relief and structure of the skin. EVE COG threads differ from similar products from other manufacturers, primarily in the high-quality steel (SUS304) of which the needle is made.
The puncture needle is very elastic and flexible, allowing easy penetration into the deep, middle and upper layers of the subcutaneous epidermis, and to manipulate up and down and left and right.
The thread is made of high quality polydioxanone, the thread is quite thick, the needle is long, allowing you to comfortably hold the thread. Laser sharpening needle. The thread is additionally polished, which avoids the “sawing” effect when the thread passes through the fabric.
Heavy-duty threads with notches arranged in a spiral – the latest development of aesthetic medicine. The length of the threads is 63/32 – 76/32 inch. The design of the thread in the form of a spiral allows it after tension to return to its original position, tightening the skin and maintaining a lively natural facial expression. They are used to correct the nasolabial triangle, eliminate wrinkles in the eye and eyelids.
Comparison of Kogi threads with other types of mesothreads
Today, in addition to Kogi threads, aesthetic medicine has two more types of mesothreads:
- linear – to rejuvenate the neckline, decollete and eliminate the second chin. Differ in low prime cost and simplicity of installation;
- spiral – universal threads. The length of such a thread in a stretched state is from 63/32 – 76/32 inch. They are most often used in combination with other types of mesothreads to adjust the neckline, nasolabial folds, and small age wrinkles.
Kogi threads are distinguished from them by a more pronounced quick result, thanks to notches. These notches, like anchors, hook and tighten the fabric, reducing and securing the treated area. An excellent lifting effect from the introduction of Kogi threads can last from 3 to 5 years.
In addition, the advantage of Kogi filaments is their biodegradation – Kogi filaments dissolve in the body over time, disintegrating into carbon dioxide and water, and are completely eliminated from the body. These threads are absolutely hypoallergenic and compatible with other drugs and methods of plastic medicine.
Features of the course of the rehabilitation period when using Kogi threads
Kogi threads for a facelift after installation should take root well. Proper rehabilitation is half the success of the performed procedure for the implantation of Kogi threads.
The following rules must be observed:
- On the day of the introduction of the threads, you need to refuse hot and hard foods;
- After installation, do not touch the face with your hands, refrain from any facial expressions;
- The use of cold compresses on the resulting bruising and hematomas;
- In the first week, wash with soft gels, free of alcohol, abrasives and acids;
- In the first 3 days, two to 3 times a day, wipe the puncture site with an antiseptic recommended by a doctor;
- Sleep for two weeks on the back, preferably with a raised head;
- For a week, give up decorative cosmetics;
- For two weeks, avoid direct sunlight, do not visit the solarium;
- For two weeks, do not visit the pool, bathhouse and sauna, do not wash yourself with hot water, do not steal your face;
- Three weeks to avoid increased physical exertion;
- For two to 3 weeks, stop drinking alcohol.
Subject to these simple rules, the rehabilitation process is easy and painless and the threads take root better.
Despite the absolute naturalness and hypoallergenicity of the material from which the threads are made and the low invasiveness of the procedure, some side effects and complications are possible with their use:
- The “accordion” effect. The needle must be inserted into the subcutaneous fat layer strictly in a certain direction, along the previously marked massage lines. At the slightest deviation from the desired direction, the thread wrinkles, this forms a crease, which does not disappear even after resorption of the mesothreads. To correct the defect obtained, one has to resort to cavity or laser plastic surgery;
- An inflammatory process may occur, up to necrosis, if the puncture site was infected;
- The formation of tubercles on the skin, if the thread is not straightened properly;
- With deep facial and age wrinkles, deep ptosis, the use of Kogi threads may not give the desired result.
Kogi’s threads, despite their effectiveness and seemingly easy installation, are not a panacea, such a magical tool for facelift. Do not wait for miracles, the method may be powerless with strong age-related changes, severely sagging skin, large brylah, deep wrinkles.
In such cases, you have to resort to cavity or laser plastic surgery. Only an experienced cosmetologist can correctly determine what the skin needs and prescribe the right treatment.
Video about Kogi threads for facelift and their effectiveness
The use of notched threads: