What is the Radiess filler, it is important to know if contouring of the face is necessary without the use of surgical methods of lifting. The use of this drug can bring results comparable to plastic surgery.
- What is it, the composition of the Radiesse drug
- Why is Radies filler used in cosmetology
- Indications for use of injections (beauty injections) by Radies filler
- Contraindications for use – who should not
- Is it possible to use the filler for pregnant women, while breastfeeding, during menstruation
- Distinctive features of the Radiess filler from similar drugs
- Radiesse or hyaluronic acid – which is better, differences
- Radiesse or Yuviderm – which is better, differences
- Benefits of Radies Filler
- For which zones is it recommended to use the Radiess filler
- Radies for cheekbones
- Radies for nasolabial folds
- Radies for cheeks
- Radiesse for neck and decollete
- For which areas of the face Radies filler is not recommended for use – is it possible to stab into the lips, under the eyes
- Mesoradies technique – what is it when applied
- Reviews of cosmetologists
- Vector lifting of the cheekbones and chin (bio-reinforcement, contouring, facelift) with Radies filler drug – the technology of the procedure
- Preparation for the procedure, consultation with a cosmetologist
- Dosage selection
- How long does the procedure take
- Edema after administration of Radiesz
- When the effect of the procedure is noticeable
- Vector lifting cheekbones, cheeks, chin filler Radiesse – before and after
- The duration (duration) of the effect after applying the Radiesz filler – how long the drug resolves, how often it can be injected
- Skin Care After Radies Injection
- Limitations after plastics by Radiess filler – what should not be done
- Possible complications (consequences) after applying the Radiesz filler
- How much is the drug – Radies filler – price, cost
- Radiesse: what is it – video answer
What is it, the composition of the Radiesse drug
Radiesz® is an injection for skin rejuvenation. It smoothes wrinkles and increases the volume of soft tissues on the face and body.
Its composition differs from the composition of other fillers: the main active ingredient is not hyaluronic acid, but calcium hydroxyapatite. Due to this, the result of application is visible longer, for 12-18 months.
Calcium hydroxyapatite is part of the bone tissue, so it is easily perceived by the body. It can be obtained from a natural source or synthesized artificially. Cosmetology uses an artificial option to reduce the risk of allergies.
The rest of the product is a gel based on distilled water. It transports crystals of the basic substance.
Radiesse was created by the American pharmaceutical company BioForm Medical with a goal unusual for the beauty industry. With it, doctors restored facial tissues in patients with AIDS.
Now the filler is produced by the German concern Merz, which acquired BioForm Medical in 2010.
In addition to cosmetology, the tool is successfully used in dentistry, urology and surgery.
Why is Radies filler used in cosmetology
Cosmetologists use the Radiess filler for non-surgical face correction, smoothing wrinkles and scars, and increasing the amount of tissue on the body.
Procedures will help:
- improve the shape of the cheeks, tip of the nose and chin, emphasize the cheekbones;
- fill the cavities on the hands and others that arose due to a lack of soft tissue.
- reduce skin folds.
Indications for use of injections (beauty injections) by Radies filler
Small age-related changes can be corrected without resorting to injections.
Assign “Radiesse” (what it is – can be read in detail above), if:
- it is necessary to correct the oval of the face, chin and cheekbones, raise eyebrows;
- there are deep wrinkles and folds, including nasolabial;
- hypotrophic scars are present on the face or body.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Contraindications for use – who should not
Injections should be done only by a specialist. At the preliminary consultation, he will talk about Radiesse, what it is, find out what result the patient wants to get, and if he has any contraindications to the drug. Be sure to inform your doctor about your medications. This will help to avoid possible complications.
“Beauty injections” have contraindications:
- Age under 35 years old.
- Individual intolerance to the components of the filler.
- Skin diseases.
- Inflammation in the area selected for injection.
- Sensitive skin, prone to scarring.
- Blood clotting disorder.
Is it possible to use the filler for pregnant women, while breastfeeding, during menstruation
During pregnancy and lactation, you can not inject the drug. A strict prohibition does not apply during menstruation. But a decision must be made taking into account the characteristics of the body. How sensitive and problematic is the skin And is there a tendency to swelling
Experts recommend carrying out the procedure no earlier than on the 4th-5th day of the cycle. In this case, complications are possible that will not arise at another time:
- During menstruation, blood coagulation decreases. Even an injection into the middle layers of the skin can trigger the appearance of hematomas.
- The body accumulates fluid, so sometimes the face swells. This should be remembered to those who suffer from edema.
- The pain threshold decreases, and it becomes more difficult to transfer the injections.
Distinctive features of the Radiess filler from similar drugs
The condition of the skin depends on the amount of collagen and elastin in its composition. Radiesss differs from other preparations for contour plastics in that it starts the synthesis of its own collagen in tissues. Thanks to this, the result lasts longer, and the following procedures will require a smaller amount of funds.
Radiesse or hyaluronic acid – which is better, differences
So far, Radiesse is the only drug for the qualitative correction of cheekbones. But since the price of such injections is high, patients often wonder whether it is possible to replace it with fillers with hyaluronic acid.
Calcium hydroxyapatite and hyaluronic acid have different properties and solve different problems. It is impossible to replace one remedy with another, but a high-class specialist can combine them by introducing into different layers of the dermis.
Hyaluronic acid is one of the components of the skin. It maintains a water balance, therefore, preparations based on it are most effective for loss of facial volume. The tissues are saturated with water, due to which they become more elastic and smooth, small wrinkles disappear.
The action of hyaluronic acid is softer and more superficial than the action of calcium hydroxyapatite. The effect of her injections is not so long: it is 4-6 months.
Fillers with hyaluronic acid are not as thick as Radiesse, which allows them to be used on the lips, under the eyes, in the neck and decollete. They are also preferred for thin skin and with poor immunity. If the result of the procedure does not suit the patient, this filler can be dissolved.
Radiess is more expensive than hyaluronic acid preparations, but is spent more economically. And for repeated injections, a smaller amount of funds is required.
Radiesse or Yuviderm – which is better, differences
The comparison will be more obvious if you select a specific drug, for example, Yuviderm. It is available in the form of a gel. The manufacturer has developed a line of tools with a common name. Each of them is called upon to solve its own problems. There is also a line of “Yuviderm Ultra”, which includes lidocaine.
|Validity||12-18 months||up to 12 months|
|Combination with other procedures||Hardware procedures can be carried out after 2 weeks.||Not compatible with laser resurfacing and chemical peeling.|
|How is distributed under the skin||When administered superficially, noticeable tubercles and stripes can form.||It is distributed evenly.|
|Complications after injection||Properly performed procedure does not cause complications.||Possible allergic reaction, edema.|
Yuviderm, like all hyaluronic acid products, is more effective for filling volumes and smoothing wrinkles. Radiess acts in the deeper layers of the skin, forming a relief, especially in the cheekbones.
Benefits of Radies Filler
The manufacturer “Radiesss” claims that he sold more than 5.5 million packages of the drug, and this indicates its effectiveness.
Here are the qualities that have provided such popularity:
- Filler has a minimum of contraindications and does not cause allergies.
- Rehabilitation lasts 2-4 days, the first results are visible after 1 month.
- The result is stored for a long time (up to 24 months). The exact timing depends on the patient’s lifestyle and the degree of negative environmental impact.
- Does not give the face extra volume.
- Both components of the filler completely disintegrate and are excreted from the body.
- The effect of the drug can be enhanced by hardware procedures. They are allowed to be carried out after two weeks.
For which zones is it recommended to use the Radiess filler
The dense, viscous texture of the filler determines the features of its use. Best of all, he lies in the cheekbones. Good results are also seen in the correction of the oval of the face, cheeks and chin, as well as nasolabial folds.
To change the shape of the nose, the drug can be used, but the injection should be carried out by an experienced doctor: the result of an unsuccessful procedure cannot be corrected by dissolving the filler. We’ll have to wait for it to completely resolve.
Radies for cheekbones
When correcting the cheekbones, the cosmetologist makes a puncture to the zygomatic bone, then introduces the composition and distributes it.
After the procedure, taking into account the anatomical features, the contours of the face look natural.
Radies for nasolabial folds
Correcting nasolabial folds (staple wrinkles), the beautician injects the drug into the deeper layers of the skin. This eliminates its uneven distribution and the appearance of a flat face effect.
If fillers with hyaluronic acid were used before, it is necessary to wait for the moment when they cease to act.
Radies for cheeks
The Radies filler lifts the sagging face tissue. Due to this, the drifts are reduced, the outlines become more even, but natural.
Get the perfect contours of a lady aged can only with the help of plastic surgery.
Radiesse for neck and decollete
Experts have no consensus on whether the drug can be used in this area, and the manufacturer does not give any recommendations. The doctor may recommend an injection in this area only to a patient with dense skin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
For which areas of the face Radies filler is not recommended for use – is it possible to stab into the lips, under the eyes
The consistency of the drug does not allow it to be used to correct the face in areas with thinner skin or where it is required to be introduced into the upper layers of the epidermis:
- The area under the eyes . The skin here is thin and sensitive, so less dense fillers are suitable. Using Radiess will only aggravate the situation: bags will appear under the eyes, and dense formations may appear.
- Lips . To correct this area, drugs based on hyaluronic acid are used.
- Shallow and expression lines . In the first case, the drug will need to be introduced into the upper layers of the skin, because of which granulomas can occur. In the second, it is more advisable to choose means with botulinum toxin, relaxing muscles near the eyes.
Mesoradies technique – what is it when applied
The usual way to use the filler is volume correction. But a few years ago a new procedure appeared: mesotherapy with Radiesse. It allows you to strengthen and partially restore the structure of the skin where it is not recommended to use the drug in its pure form. For example, on the stomach or in the neck and decollete.
The process takes place in two stages: first, the doctor lays mesothreads under the skin, then fills the cavity with a Radiess filler with saline. The consistency of the drug becomes less thick, which avoids the appearance of rollers under the skin.
The result lasts as much as with conventio
nal injections, 12-18 months. Experts say that even after the complete disintegration of the drug, the skin remains in better condition than it was before the procedure.
Reviews of cosmetologists
Cosmetologists believe that Radiesse is the best drug for volumetric plastic surgery, and especially recommend such a remedy to patients with a large face.
Due to the fact that it improves the synthesis of collagen in tissues, and not just gives them additional volume, the features become sculptural and expressive. In addition to Radiesse, only plastic surgery can give such a result. Filler does not interact with water, which means swelling after its injection is minimal.
Vector lifting of the cheekbones and chin (bio-reinforcement, contouring, facelift) with Radies filler drug – the technology of the procedure
You should choose the clinic and the doctor carefully, because the result of an unsuccessful plastic surgery can be corrected only after waiting for the complete disintegration of the filler.
The cosmetologist must have a certificate confirming his qualifications.
Preparation for the procedure, consultation with a cosmetologist
Preparation begins with a consultation with the selected doctor. The specialist will know the wishes of the client and find out if there are any contraindications. Then he chooses the time for the procedure, sometimes it is carried out on the same day. If necessary, the beautician can prescribe tests or refer the patient for examination to a general practitioner.
The specialist should be aware of possible problems with blood coagulation.
Taking medications that affect her condition should be stopped 7-10 days before the injection.
Radiesse is released in syringes with a dosage of 0,01 fluid ounce, 0,03 fluid ounce and 0,05 fluid ounce. The doctor determines the necessary volume depending on the area of correction and the degree of manifestation of age-related changes. So, to work with the back of the nose, you need 0,01 fluid ounce of the drug, and to improve the contour of the face and remove the nasolabial folds – 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce.
The drug is administered by cannula – a flexible blunt-pointed needle with holes on the sides. The procedure is considered painless, but if necessary, the doctor can use Radiesse together with lidocaine. At the request of the client, an anesthetic cream is also used.
How long does the procedure take
The duration of the procedure is 10-60 minutes and depends on how much money is needed. The doctor introduces the filler in the right way: makes a deep puncture with a needle and distributes the cannula to the desired area.
This prevents the appearance of hematomas. Then the specialist treats the injection site with an antiseptic and, massaging the skin, gives the gel a shape.
Edema after administration of Radiesz
After injections, swelling, itching, and redness may occur. Sometimes the skin in the treated area becomes denser or discolored. These complications are temporary, they disappear within 2-3 days.
When the effect of the procedure is noticeable
The filler quickly fills the empty areas under the skin, so that immediately appears volume. The first results of the procedure become noticeable after a few days – when its unpleasant consequences disappear.
Vector lifting cheekbones, cheeks, chin filler Radiesse – before and after
The duration (duration) of the effect after applying the Radiesz filler – how long the drug resolves, how often it can be injected
After about a month, the effect of injections becomes less noticeable. This is due to the fact that the gel component decays faster than a new connective tissue is formed. Repeating the procedure at this time is undesirable: as a result, you can get too pronounced relief.
The need for a second injection is determined only by the doctor and only 2 months after the first injection.
The need for the following procedure occurs after 14-16 months. Doctors advise women older than 50 to repeat it once every 6 months.
Skin Care After Radies Injection
In the first 2 days after the procedure, ice compresses are applied to the treated area.
Skin must be protected from direct sunlight. At first, it is better to refuse expressive facial expressions.
Limitations after plastics by Radiess filler – what should not be done
After injections of the Radiess filler, you can’t:
- apply any cosmetic products to the face;
- visit the sauna, bathhouse and solarium for 7 days;
- take blood thinners (including aspirin);
- eat fatty acids, vitamin E and alcohol.
Possible complications (consequences) after applying the Radiesz filler
The manufacturer writes that the drug does not cause side effects. But some patients complain of tubercles, bumps, large hematomas. These complications arise due to the lack of professionalism of the cosmetologist. You can get rid of them surgically or wait for the complete disintegration of the filler.
How much is the drug – Radies filler – price, cost
The price of the procedure depends on the complexity of the work and the required amount of the drug. The table shows the manufacturer’s recommendations and the estimated cost of the injection.
|Amount of drug||Workload||Price|
|0,03 fluid ounce||Easy correction, small area.||from $ 136.|
|0,05 fluid ounce < /td>||Correction of folds of medium depth||from $ 286.|
|0,1 fluid ounce||A large area of correction, pronounced signs of aging, replenishment of the volume of tissues.||from $ 476.|
Radiesse: what is it – video answer
Explanation of a specialist, what is Radiesse:
What is Radiesse – before and after photos:
Specialists in cosmetology have a positive opinion about the properties of the Radiess filler in rejuvenation procedures. The properties of the drug were studied, reviews give a concept of what it is and what results from the application can be expected.
Based on numerous experiments, he was recognized as one of the safest and most effective among similar aesthetic cosmetology products.