Orange oil is an orange viscous liquid with a fresh and light citrus aroma. Universally, has a wide range of applications. Produced from the peel of the fruits of oranges by cold pressing with steam distillation. Due to the simplicity of manufacture and low cost of raw materials – inexpensive and affordable essential oil.
- The mechanism of action of orange oil
- The effect of oil on the body
- Precautionary measures
- Use of essential oil for cellulite and stretch marks
- Anticellulite massage
- Healing Wraps
- Relaxing baths
- The use of oil in hair care
- For facial skin
- Cooking Citrus Oil at Home
- Cream scrub
- Hard Soap Scrub
- Video on the topic: Essential Orange Oil. Benefit and Application
The mechanism of action of orange oil
- Effect on the psyche and emotional state through nerve endings in the mucous membrane of the respiratory organs. The biologically active points of the nose react with impulses to the evaporating substances of orange oil. The human brain picks up impulses and sends signals to the corresponding organ or system of the body. The mood improves, positive emotions arise.
- Direct effect on the respiratory system through inhalation. The bactericidal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects of essential oil help in the fight against respiratory diseases. In the autumn-winter period – as the prevention of colds and flu.
- Topical application with action on the skin and its receptors in therapeutic massage. External influence in compresses, lotions, bathtubs. Reflexology using orange oil – stimulation of certain points corresponding to the systems and organs of the body.
- As part of aromatic cosmetics, it acts comprehensively. The mechanism of action is similar to homeopathy. Eliminates the cause of an undesirable appearance. Beneficial effect on the skin, nails, hair. Improves the emotional state.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The effect of oil on the body
- Orange essential oil is an effective antidepressant. It has a pleasant smell and has a beneficial effect on the emotional state. Aromatherapy sessions using orange oil improve mood, increase motivation and clarity of mind.
- It has a calming effect, helps reduce heart rate. Useful for feelings of anxiety, sadness, anger, negative mood. Effectively against depression, stress and apathy.
- Normalizes blood circulation. Natural remedy for the fight against hypertension.
- Acts as a natural aphrodisiac. Regular and systematic use increases libido.
- Improves immunity.
- Enhances cognitive function, which facilitates the storage of information.
- Has a deodorizing property. Aromatizing air in living rooms effectively reduces odors such as food and pet odors. Eliminates airborne bacteria and pathogens.
- Spraying in the air at bedtime improves the quality of night rest, while at the same time promoting detoxification of the body and normalizing hormonal balance.
- Use in the shower – enhances the feeling of relaxation, has an antibacterial effect.
- It manifests itself as an antiseptic in the fight against colds. Effectively used for inflammation of the oral cavity, circulatory disorders, obesity.
- Stimulates digestion. Helps normalize the work of the stomach and intestines. Improves appetite.
- Antispasmodic property. Effective for pain of various origins. It removes muscle cramps.
- In cosmetology it is used in creams and emulsions. Restores skin elasticity, reduces wrinkles. It has a fortifying, whitening and protective effect, helps fight acne. Effectively in the fight against dandruff. Eliminates excessive dry hair.
- Allergy to citrus fruits. Using orange oil can cause a serious reaction.
- Dermatological diseases and skin lesions – scratches, wounds, ulcers.
- In case of epilepsy, use is undesirable. Possible seizure.
- Frequent lowering of blood pressure is a contraindication to use. Orange oil reduces pressure.
- Cholelithiasis. Perhaps exacerbation due to the choleretic effect of the oil.
- Taking medication. Before using aromatic oils, consult a doctor.
- Caution should be exercised when using the oil to lactating and pregnant women.
- Before starting the application of the procedure, a tolerance test should be performed. Apply a small amount of fragrance to the skin of the inside of the elbow and leave for several hours. If redness occurs, use of oil is contraindicated.
- After use, avoid sunlight. The ability of the oil to attract ultraviolet rays can cause sunburn. You can go outside in the summer and visit the solarium an hour after using the fragrance.
- Be sure to adhere to the recommended dosages and time of the procedures. An overdose of the drug is fraught with the appearance of an allergic reaction on the skin, mucous membranes and respiratory tract.
Use of essential oil for cellulite and stretch marks
- Baths with orange ether. To avoid loss of beneficial properties of the oil, the temperature of the bath water should not be higher than 40 °. Essential oil must be mixed with salt, milk, bath foam, honey or bran before being added to water. Do not add pure essential oil to water. It may cause a burn. It is useful to pre-usd the problem areas with a brush from cellulite, followed by kneading in water. Duration of bathing – 20 minutes. There should be at least 2 or 3 procedures per week.
- Orange oil in combination with massage. Mixed with honey, massage cream or scrub. Only base oils may be used for the mixture. The mixture is made for single use. Effective use of special massagers, brushes, cans. Blood circulation in problem areas accelerates. Massage well after taking a shower or bath. Do not eat food for an hour before the procedure.
- Wraps with orange oil. A good result is achieved after 10 sessions. The skin is cleansed with a scrub. Cosmetic clay is mixed with a few drops of orange ether, applied to areas of skin that need correction, and is wrapped with cling film. Essential oil with honey is also suitable for the procedure. To create a thermal effect – wrap a blanket. The exposure time is about 30 minutes. A good result will give 10 procedures every 2 days.
- Massage with honey-ether mixture. It is recommended to spend every other day. The effect occurs after 10 sessions. The hips are reduced in volume, the manifestations of cellulite disappear. 20 drops of citrus oil mixed with 2 large tablespoons of honey. The mixture is applied to the problem area. Massage is done from the bottom up by gluing and peeling the palms. The procedure is slightly painful. When the mixture on the body becomes viscous and white, the massage is over.
Classical massage for cellulite. It is carried out with massage anti-cellulite oil, which includes citrus essential oil. Stroking, rubbing, kneading and vibration techniques are used. To get the result, you need to spend 10 sessions of 2
- Massage against cellulite “spanking”. An anti-cellulite cream with citrus essential oil added to it is applied to the legs. Movements from bottom to top are stroking, and then spanking of problem areas. Duration – 15 minutes.
- Massage using anti-cellulite brush. An essential oil is applied, diluted with a base — odorless oil such as coconut or olive. Well suited for massaging the hips and buttocks. Better to spend on steamed skin after a shower. It is made in circular movements with a brush from the lower part of the thigh up.
- Cupping massage from cellulite. Before the procedure, it is necessary to steam the skin in the bathroom, clean it with a scrub. Massage oil enriched with essential oils is applied to the skin. Under the vacuum created by the bank, the blood supply in the problem area improves. Toxins are released, puffiness is removed, body contours are improved. Flabby skin is tightened, the number of stretch marks is reduced.
- Hot wrap. A mixture is used that contains such warming ingredients as pepper and mustard. The mixture itself before application can be heated to a temperature of no higher than 40 °. On top of the mixture, the body is wrapped in film and wrapped in a blanket. The duration of the procedure, if desired, is 1-2 hours. It is advisable to relax in a comfortable position. The action of heat creates a greenhouse effect. As a result, blood vessels dilate, blood circulation improves, toxins and toxins are removed from the body. The therapeutic goal is to eliminate stretch marks, get rid of cellulite, restore skin tone.
- Cold wrap. The treatment mixture does not heat up. Do not use components that warm the skin. The mixture may consist of honey, chocolate, seaweed or cosmetic clay. Coolants such as menthol or mint may be added. As a result, skin tone improves, stretch marks are removed, swelling and cellulite are eliminated.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
- Warm aromatic baths provide a relaxing and soothing effect. A double effect occurs – warm water relaxes the body, and the beneficial substances of aromatic oil penetrate the body through the respiratory tract and through the skin.
- Under the influence of an aromatic bath, normalization of metabolic processes, blood circulation and the functioning of the lymphatic system occurs. Skin tones and rejuvenates, stretch marks are eliminated.
- Bathtubs are full (recumbent), sessile, for arms or legs. The course of taking full or shared baths up to 20 times. Orange ether is mixed with a solvent – sea or kitchen rock salt, honey or milk. For 52,8 gallon of water, 10-15 drops of ether will be required. The water temperature for a relaxing bath should not be higher than 40 °. The duration of the session is 20 minutes. Take every 2 days.
- After the procedure, there is no need to rinse, so as not to impede the continued therapeutic effects of the oil on the body.
- 2 hours before taking aromatherapy, you can not eat food. Before the procedure, you need to cleanse the skin by taking a shower.
- Aromatherapy for legs will help you relax at the end of the day.
- For a better effect while taking a relaxing bath, you need to create a calm environment. You can turn on soothing music, light candles.
The use of oil in hair care
- Orange oil: application as a part of a mask against dandruff. Mixes orange oil – 2 drops and a base cosmetic oil. A couple of drops of patchouli and mint extract are added. Rub into the skin of the hair. Put on a plastic cap and wrap for 3 hours. At the end of the procedure, wash your hair with shampoo.
- Rinse for hair with orange oil. A gallon of boiling water brew 5 tablespoon. chamomile flowers. Infused for 2 hours. Add the essential oil of orange – 10 drops. The solution for rinsing blond hair is ready.
- Nourishing mask with orange essential oil. Mix 2 tablespoon. honey, 2 yolks and 4 drops of essential oil. 2 tablespoons are added. burdock oil to eliminate dry hair ends.
- In a repairing compress . To 200 g of sour cream, 6 drops of orange oil are added. Stirred and applied to the hair. After 2 hours it is washed off.
- Orange oil: application for aroma combing. A few drops of orange ether are applied to the wooden comb, and strands of hair are thoroughly combed for 5 minutes. The procedure can be performed daily. Hair gains shine. The state of health and mood improves.
- Toning and refreshing mask with orange oil. Almond oil – 2 tablespoon. mixes up with eucalyptus ether – 2 drops. Added essential oil of orange – 4 drops.
- Composition from split ends. To 1 tablespoon eucalyptus oil is added to honey – 3 drops, the same amount of orange oil, yolk and 2 tablespoon. olive oil.
A composition that stimulates hair growth. Aroma combing is carried out with a mixture of essential oils of grapes, lemon and orange.
- The composition that stops hair loss. A mixture of 3 drops of orange ether and 2 drops of pine with 3 tablespoon. burdock oil.
- As a part of shampoo for gloss. 2 drops of orange oil are added to 2 tablespoon. shampoo.
For facial skin
- Orange oil: application as a part of masks . Mature skin will improve with a mask of 10 drops of oil mixed with banana pulp. Keep on face skin for 20 minutes. Reduces the number of fine wrinkles. Tired skin will shine from a mask of 2 parts of grated cucumber, 1 part of sour cream and orange oil. Hold for 15 minutes, rinse, moisturize the face with cream.
- Cream enriched with orange oil. Olive oil – 1 teaspoons combines with orange ether – 2 drops. Add to 0,34 fluid ounce of cream. For skin of all types.
Orange oil: use in lotions. Daily lotion – 0,34 fluid ounce of alcohol is mixed with orange ether, chamomile and geranium oil, 2-3 drops each. 3,38 fluid ounce of water is added. Store in a refrigerator. Use in the morning and evening. A refreshing lotion is prepared from
equal parts of orange juice and olive oil with the addition of 3 drops of orange ether. Store in the cold for 3 days. Moisturizing toner for evening use – a mixture of 1 tablespoon is added to the usual tonic almond oil and 3 drops of orange essential oil.
- Steam baths with orange oil. In 16,91 fluid ounce of hot water, 1 drop of orange and sandalwood oil is added. Finish the procedure with a cool wash using boiled water. Eliminates the unhealthy color of tired skin.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Cooking Citrus Oil at Home
- For the preparation of orange oil, thick-skinned fruits are better suited.
- Wash oranges thoroughly with a brush. You can use soap or baking soda to remove chemicals from the surface of the peel.
- Pour boiling water over citrus fruits to dissolve the paraffin coating, designed to increase shelf life.
- Peel a few citrus fruits, peel the pulp, cut into small pieces. Crush them with a wooden pusher so that liquid escapes from the skins.
- Pour olive oil in a glass dish with a lockable lid. Crusts should be completely covered. Any refined oil can be used.
- To sustain 3 days in a dark place.
- After that, warm over steam for 30 minutes. The cover must be ajar.
- Cool, squeeze and strain. Clean in a cool dark place.
- Basis – any cream is placed in a jar. For this purpose, you can use a baby cream.
- Added scrubbing components such as sugar, salt, ground coffee.
- You can grate the dried peel of an orange. Oatmeal will also be useful as part of a scrub.
- Add 7-8 drops of orange essential oil. Mix everything thoroughly.
- The usual cream has turned into a cream scrub.
- Store on the refrigerator door.
Hard Soap Scrub
- The first step in self-manufacturing is that the soap base is melted in a water bath. You can use baby soap 100 g.
- Step Two – Add 1 teaspoons. olive oil, 1 teaspoons glycerin, 2 teaspoons ground coffee, 1 tablespoon. oatmeal. To mix everything.
- The third step is to grease the mold with vegetable oil.
- The fourth step is the soap is removed from the water bath. 7 drops of orange essential oil are added to the finished mixture. Stir, pour into a silicone mold.
- The fifth step is that the soap cools and hardens within 1.5-2 hours.
Due to its beneficial properties, orange oil has a variety of uses. It is widely used in the field of maintaining health, in everyday life and in cosmetology. One of the most useful and effective essential oils.
Video on the topic: Essential Orange Oil. Benefit and Application
Essential oil of orange. Properties and application:
How to make orange oil with your own hands: