Milk peeling is one of the effective methods for cleansing the face, the main active ingredient of which is lactic or concentrated lactic acid. It is part of dairy products.
The human body independently performs this compound, so during the process of exfoliation there is no pain. Characteristics of the procedure give feedback.
- The essence of the procedure
- Types of chemical peels
- The mechanism of acid peeling on the skin
- Possible complications
- Fruit acids
- Acids used for mid peeling
- Phenol Peeling
- Known peeling preparations
- Holi land
- Chemical peeling steps and cost
- How to make chemical peeling at home
- Post-peeling care
- Facial Milk Peeling Video
The essence of the procedure
The process of removing dead skin cells of the upper layer of the skin using special chemicals and subsequent renewal and rejuvenation due to the accelerated rate of natural exfoliation is called chemical peeling. The procedure refreshes and moisturizes the skin, improves its tone, evens out the relief, reduces acne.
Chemical peeling is performed on the face, and there is also the possibility of processing the hands, neck, decollete.
Milk peeling for the face (reviews tell about the procedures at home) can be done at home. The effectiveness of the procedure is observed after a few weeks. The independent use of professional peeling products can lead to a chemical burn. Safety is ensured when the cosmetologist performs the procedure.
The acid used for chemical peeling helps to remove dead cells, and the active ingredients begin to show their effects:
- reduce lines;
- stimulate cells that produce collagen.
It should be remembered that the procedure does not completely remove scars, wrinkles and excessive pigmentation. They will not be so noticeable.
Peeling, the main component of which is lactic acid, is useful in the manifestation of such changes on the skin of the face:
- the skin of the face is flabby and dry;
- the appearance of facial wrinkles;
- minor stretch marks;
- loss of elasticity of the upper layer of the epidermis.
The most worthy alternative for allergic patients is milk peeling. Acid has a mild effect on the skin. The procedure is more effective for women under 30 years of age. For the older category, peeling acts as an addition to the main methods of treatment.
Types of chemical peels
There are acid and alkaline peels. The former are more popular, their feature is an individual selection for each client.
The depth of penetration distinguishes:
- Surface. Simple and safe look. It is based on lactic and fruit acids. During the procedure, the upper layer of the epidermis is treated. Skin recovery occurs over 5 days. This type is recommended to rejuvenate the surface layer of the epidermis. As a result, complexion improves, severe defects decrease, wrinkles do not completely disappear.
- Median. The middle layer of the skin is processed. The procedure provides an opportunity to reduce, make the pigment spots more pale, remove scars from acne, and keratosis of the skin. When conducting a mid peeling, the skin is intensely injured. This process contributes to the active restoration of cells, the synthesis of collagen, hyaluronic acid, elastin in the tissues. Full regeneration lasts a week. Dark-skinned clients need to be careful not to increase the risk of pigmentation disorders.
- Deep – deep layers of the epidermis are affected. This method removes excessive changes that occur on the face. The procedure is carried out in beauty salons. The rehabilitation period is several months, and complete regeneration is noticeable on the 7-10th day. Facial skin becomes fresh, expressed wrinkles decrease, pigmentation disappears.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
The mechanism of acid peeling on the skin
Milk peeling for the face, based on the practice and customer reviews, acts on the skin in this way:
- compounds of the horny plates are destroyed by acid;
- the process of their peeling from the skin increases;
- the mouths of the hair follicles are cleaned, the secretion of the sebaceous glands is improved;
- the process of restoration of living cells is activated;
- the epidermis lends itself to antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects;
- the skin is rejuvenated, its tone is leveled;
- pigmentation is destroyed.
Chemical peeling is recommended when changes of this type appear on the face:
- dryness of the epidermis, accompanied by slight wrinkles, peeling;
- oily skin areas on which the pores expand;
- the appearance of acne, pigmentation;
- the formation of a small size of stretch marks;
- the elasticity and firmness of the skin is lost;
- color change;
- aging of the skin from exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
The procedure does not completely eliminate the imperfections, but the face acquires smoothness, elasticity, tone improves, pigmentation is eliminated.
Facial milk peeling (reviews of clients who have shown negligence indicate problems that have arisen) are contraindicated in patients who have a number of diseases.
- individual intolerance to the constituent components of the peeling mixture;
- herpes simplex virus;
- period of pregnancy and feeding;
- damage to skin areas;
- acute inflammation of various origins;
- abnormal pigmentation, dark skin;
- vascular disease;
- irritation after hair removal;
- when using the drug “Isotretinoin” throughout the year.
The peeling stage may be accompanied by complications, which are divided into two categories: predicted and unexpected.
- Erythema. The skin areas where the peeling was carried out begin to turn red. The degree of redness depends on the strength and duration of the exfoliant and the type of skin.
- Swelling. Caused through increased permeability of small blood vessels located in the area of the procedure. The formation of edema is facilitated by the fluid that is released from the vessels. They appear during the first 3 days.
Peeling is the first indicator of skin renewal. Depends on the intensity of the regeneration and the distribution area. With chemical peeling, this is a mandatory post-peeling phenomenon. During peeling, itching occurs. You can not scratch and peel off the film. The
process of tissue repair is accelerated by the use of wound healing and moisturizing cosmetics.
- Darkening of the skin. Appears as a result of renewal of old skin cells into which the exfoliant was introduced. After complete exfoliation, they will become invisible.
- Hypersensitivity is an individual personality trait. Therefore, the process lasts up to 2 weeks, and sometimes up to 12 months. The skin becomes sensitive to ultraviolet rays. To avoid exposure to the sun on the treated area, it is necessary to use sunscreens. A favorable time for peeling is the autumn and winter periods. The sun is not active then, the risk of trauma to weak integuments is much less.
- Allergy. Spotted rashes are observed on the face, accompanied by itching. Sometimes Quincke’s edema appears, breathing is disturbed.
- Exacerbation of herpes. To avoid scars formed after the procedure on the sites of herpes, you need to use ointments that eliminate herpes.
- Protracted erythema. Complication occurs in patients with the rudiments of rosacea.
- Marble shade. A side effect is characteristic after deep peeling, when melanocytes die. Owners of dark skin hide the defect is problematic. Surface cleaning will help to correct violations.
- The formation of keloid and hypertrophic scars. Appear in violation of the technique of peeling. Defect correction is performed using laser resurfacing, invasive techniques, cryotherapy.
- Line of demarcation. It is formed as a result of deep exposure to the epidermis tissue. The problem occurs in dark-skinned clients and people with a porous skin structure.
- Severe acne, acne. Appears in case of damage to healthy areas of the skin with an infection. The defect is eliminated by medical treatment.
The following types of acids are distinguished:
- Lemon. Contained in grapefruit, lemons, bergamot, lime. It has antioxidant properties, whitens the skin.
- Wine (grapes, old infused wine). It performs the function of exfoliating the keratinized layer of the epidermis, serves to moisturize and whiten it.
- Dairy. Contained in fermented milk products and in vegetables, fruits.
- Apple (apples, tomatoes). Produces a process of exfoliation and restoration of the skin at the level of cells.
- Glycolic. It is stored in cereals, vegetables, fruits. It is characterized by a low molecular weight, which relieves the skin of pigmentation.
Acids used for mid peeling
There are several types of acids used in the middle peeling:
- Trichloroacetic (TCA). Helps exfoliate keratinized skin particles. It acts as an anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent.
- Salicylic Suitable for patients with dark or dark skin. The procedure is performed with a 30% salicylic acid solution.
- Retinoic. Intended for peeling women with mature skin type after 35 years. No more than 2 courses are conducted per year.
Facial milk peeling (customer reviews indicate the result), which includes phenol, is allowed to be done once during a lifetime.
Scheme of the procedure:
- Taking antiherpetic drugs 7 days before the procedure for the preventive purposes of the occurrence of herpes rashes after the session.
- Conducting local anesthesia.
- Cleaning and drying the skin of makeup.
- Degreasing the skin with an alcohol solution.
- Phased application of the peeling mixture, starting from the forehead, left and right cheeks, then the perioral and periorbital zones, the final stage is the nasal and chin areas. The break between applying the mask between the zones is 5 minutes.
- Application of low-melting Geleleo wax, which helps to control and promotes uniform absorption of phenol on the epidermis.
- Use of a moisturizing and protective face cream against ultraviolet rays.
Known peeling preparations
Modern cosmetics offers the use of drugs of modern brands.
A gel that contains lactic acid. Used for deep cleansing of the skin, suitable for all skin types. The process of epidermal cell restoration is stimulated, microcirculation is increased, and collagen and glycosaminoglycans are promoted. The skin from the inside gets saturated moisture due to lactic acid. Used in professional use.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
The product contains 10% glycolic acid.
It contributes to the solution of age-related manifestations, hyperpigmentation, changes in the skin texture, removal of scars and acne, and a general loss of tone.
Glycolic acid with the help of an active molecule has the most pronounced effect of exfoliation and antioxidant action.
The drug evens the tone and tightens the skin of the face, smoothes wrinkles, performs a deep cleaning of the skin from comedones.
The basis of the drug is lactic acid. The gel lotion is characterized by high penetration and is used for women who have pronounced hyperkeratosis.
Famous Israeli brand in cosmetics. Peelings are designed for different age categories and are suitable for all skin types.
Perform several functions:
- purify the epidermis of fat produced by the sebaceous glands and keratinized particles;
- restore the skin as a result of the process of stimulating cell synthesis.
The moisturizing effect that the skin receives tightens and smoothes its surface. Peeling is recommended for people with sensitive skin prone to irritation.
The tool helps eliminate dead cells, renew and restore, rejuvenate the skin. The tone of the face is leveled, pigmentation is lightened. Owners of sensitive skin is not suitable.
Chemical peeling steps and cost
Facial milk peeling (reviews provide an opportunity to approach the selection according to an individual system) is carried out according to several methods, each of which is characterized by its own characteristics.
Stages of peeling:
|No. p / p||Stage name||Action|
|1.||Cleansing||The face must first be cleaned with milk that does not contain soap and alkaline products in order to restore the pH level. Wipe with a tonic, which contains hyaluronic acid. Apply cleansing gel with 5% glycolic acid.|
|2.||Application of the mixture||One procedure requires 0 – 0,1 fluid ounce of a peeling solution. The mixture must be poured into a dry, clean dish. Then apply to the face, starting from the frontal part, passing to the nose, temples, lateral surface of the cheeks, neck, chin, central part of the face and on a fixed part of the face.
The area around the eyes is usually not peeled. When performing the procedure, they retreat from above 0’4 inch from the eyelashes, from below – 0. 2 inch, the client feels a tingling sensation and a slight burning sensation when applying the mixture.
When re-applying the solution, it is necessary to pay attention to the skin reaction to the components of milk peeling. When redness, severe burning, the end of time, the procedure must be interrupted. Follow the instructions.
|3.||Neutralization||The action of the peeling liquid is neutralized with a special solution. The skin receives a moisturizing, tonic effect at the end of the exfoliation session. Neutralization lasts up to 3 minutes. After that, the remaining product should be washed off with a little warm water. If neutralization is not carried out, burns may occur.|
|4.||Timing||Beautician notes the time of the procedure. With increasing time, the skin adapts to acid solutions.|
|5.||Flushing acid solution||Wash off excess solution with water.|
The cost of chemical peeling depends on the concentration and brand of acid, post-peeling care. Also takes into account the professional level of a specialist and service in the cabin. One session costs $ 27 – $ 68, the full course – $ 190 – $ 476.
How to make chemical peeling at home
First you need to prepare the inventory: a dry and clean towel of good absorption, an acid solution, cosmetics – cleansing, restoring the pH balance of the skin, moisturizing.
Chemical peeling is performed according to the scheme:
- conduct a pre-test for an allergic reaction of the drug used;
- study the instructions for peeling;
- clean the top layer of the skin with milk or gel;
- dry your face with a towel;
- apply a small amount on a dry layer of the epidermis without touching the area around the eyes;
- hold the mask for up to 5 minutes, taking into account the type of skin and the concentration of the acid solution;
- rinse with warm water;
- apply a restorative;
- moisturize the upper layer of the epidermis.
You can buy or prepare the peeling composition yourself. If during the procedure you feel a strong tingling or burning sensation, you need to quickly rinse the product with warm water.
After peeling, the skin gets an acid burn, so it needs special care. Post-peeling measures consist of several rules.
|No. p / p||Title||Actions|
|1.||Moisturizing.||It is necessary to use creams that have a moisturizing and regenerating effect.|
|2.||Sun protection.||It is necessary to use a protective cream from the sun, not a month to sunbathe, nor to go to the solarium.|
|3.||The use of low percent acid agents.||These include whey, tonics, means for washing, masks.|
|4.||Refusal of cosmetics with a dangerous effect on the skin.||Mechanical scrubs, alcohol-containing products should be avoided. To cleanse with micellar water, hydrophilic oil, milk.|
Efficiency after chemical peeling is immediately apparent. The skin becomes young, supple, supple and smooth. Cells are updated by exfoliating the keratinized layers of the epidermis, elastin and collagen are produced. Skin rejuvenation occurs.
Facial milk peeling is a cosmetic
procedure that uses highly concentrated lactic acid. Customer reviews indicate that it is better to prepare a solution for the procedure with the help of a cosmetologist in order to avoid undesirable consequences.
Peeling is recommended once a year, the number of sessions ranges from 3 to 6. Between them, a break of 2 weeks is required. The procedures depend on the condition of the skin and its problems.
Facial Milk Peeling Video
Transfer about milk peeling for the face, features of the procedure: