Weak, dry, shineless curls cause inconvenience when laying, have a dull, unhealthy appearance, are prone to loss and do not grow well. Specialists in trichology (the science of hair and scalp) recommend using professional masks for dry and damaged hair and compositions at home.
- Useful ingredients in dry hair masks
- Mask application instruction
- Hair preparation for the procedure
- Preparation of the composition of the mask and what else will be needed
- How to apply a mask to hair and how much to keep
- How to wash off the composition
- Hair care after the procedure
- Homemade mask recipes
- With burdock oil
- With castor oil
- With olive oil
- With almond oil
- With coconut oil
- With peach oil
- With linseed oil
- With gelatin
- With kefir
- With cognac
- With beer
- Rum mask
- Egg mask
- Sour cream mask
- Mustard mask
- Mask with aloe juice
- Nettle Composition
- Honey mask
- Mask with mayonnaise
- Mask with avocado
- Banana mask
- Composition of cucumber and cottage cheese
- Yeast mask
- Kiwi mask
- Mask with gelatin and yolk
- Mask with onion juice
- Horseradish mask
- Composition with coffee and ginger
- Mask with pork fat and lanolin
- Composition with vodka and St. John’s wort
- Mask with vinegar
- Mask with henna
- Burdock and hop cones as part of a mask for dry hair
- Composition with sea buckthorn and currants
- Tea Starch Mask
- Mask with oatmeal and flax
- Professional cosmetic formulations
- Glis Chur
- How often can you make masks for dry hair
- Mask for dry hair at home: video
Useful ingredients in dry hair masks
In the treatment of dryness, hair needs:
- vitamins A, E, F;
- B vitamins;
A full-fledged nutrition for the hair is given by the therapeutic compositions of the masks.
For the preparation of masks, ingredients are used that contain the above elements:
- fatty dairy products (cottage cheese, kefir, milk);
- egg yolk (sometimes the egg is completely used);
- decoctions of herbs (chamomile, mint, calendula);
- vegetable oils (burdock, linseed, olive, coconut, peach, castor);
- moisturizing essential oils (frankincense, patchouli, rosewood, orange, sandalwood, lavender).
- pureed fruits (avocado, banana).
In pharmacies and specialized stores, ready-made cosmetic masks are sold. They contain extracts of natural ingredients. Their advantage is ease of use, less time spent on the preparation of the composition, a longer shelf life. Of the minuses, it is worth noting the content of silicone and preservatives.
Mask application instruction
Hair preparation for the procedure
Any treatment mixture should not be applied to heavily soiled hair. Greasy plaque will not allow you to get good nutrition. The presence of styling products will also not bring benefits.
Need to prepare hair for the procedure:
- A day before applying the composition, it is useful to use a scrub . Owners of dark hair are good coffee. To treat the scalp with a thickened brewed drink and massage gently. Blondes are encouraged to use pink or white clay. After the procedure, rinse your head with shampoo. The execution of this paragraph allows you to exclude washing your hair before using the mask the next day.
- Washing the head . When performing the first paragraph, the composition is immediately distributed on dry hair or applied to wet, according to the instructions in a specific recipe. If the mask is not oily, you need to wash your hair immediately before applying it. When using oil-based formulations (vegetable or essential oils), you should wash your hair the day before the procedure. This feature is due to the fact that it is difficult to wash the oil. This should be done with shampoo. Additional treatment with detergents will dry the skin. Another reason – a greasy consistency is better absorbed in dry hair, water particles interact poorly with fat.
- After washing off the shampoo, you need to dry your head with a towel from excess moisture.
Preparation of the composition of the mask and what else will be needed
The mask for dry hair at home is effective when using fresh ingredients, so expired products cannot be used. Do not use metal utensils. The interaction with the acids of fruits and vegetables leads to the oxidation process, which provokes the breakdown of beneficial elements and vitamins. Salts of iron and tin are formed, which will not bring health benefits.
It is necessary to prepare:
- clean glass, wooden or ceramic container;
- a spoon or spatula for stirring (it also should not be metal);
- brush or brush for applying the mixture;
- special hat;
The mask should be of uniform consistency, without pieces, so the fruits, vegetables and cereals used in a specific composition should be pre-crushed in a blender. The ingredients should be mixed until a puree state and immediately applied.
It is convenient to distribute the mixture with a scallop with wide teeth.
When preparing masks based on oil, it is necessary to preheat it in water to a comfortable temperature. Then add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Experts do not recommend storing the remains of the composition for later use. The usefulness of a long-prepared mixture is significantly reduced. Especially unacceptable storage of those compositions that require application in a warm form.
How to apply a mask to hair and how much to keep
Masks for dry hair at home contain natural ingredients to which individual intolerance is not ruled out. Check for an allergic reaction. Apply a small amount of the mask to the delicate skin of the wrist.
In the absence of reaction after 10 minutes, the composition can be used:
- Select small strands.
- Use a brush or brush to apply the composition, gently usd the mask into the scalp with circular massaging movements of the fingers.
- Moisturizing, regenerating masks for damaged hair are distributed over the entire length of the hair from the roots, paying particular attention to split ends.
- Oil masks can not be applied abundantly, pouring a large amount immediately onto the head. In this case, it will be very difficult to wash off a greasy coating. Such formulations are gently rubbed.
- After the mixture is applied, you should close your hair with a plastic cap and wrap your head in a towel, unless there are special instructions in the recipe.
Masks for treating dry hair have a moisturizing effect. At home, it is impossible to harm them by prolonged exposure.
But you should adhere to the main recommendations:
- formulations based on fatty dairy products or honey can withstand 30 minutes;
- masks containing oils are washed off an hour or two after application;
- mixtures containing essential oils can be left for several hours;
- masks with the addition of herbal decoctions hold, on average, half an hour;
- finished products purchased in stores should be applied strictly according to the instructions, keeping the specified time.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable hair colors this year. Photos and trends of hairdressing.
How to wash off the composition
At the end of the exposure time, the composition is washed off, adhering to the following rules:
- The mask is never removed from the hair with soap.
- Compositions based on herbs, fruits, vegetables that do not have a greasy base are removed by rinsing with warm water. Rinse hair well.
- Mixtures containing egg white should be washed off with
cool water. High temperature will cause the protein to coagulate and its particles will be more difficult to remove from the head. It is useful to complete the process with herbal decoction, for example, chamomile or nettle.
- It is difficult to wash off a greasy composition based on oil. Be sure to use shampoo after the procedure.
To make the oil better washed off from the hair, cosmetologists advise using one of the recommendations before using shampoo:
- Process the hair with whipped yolk. He has the ability to collect fat around him. Wash off with water.
- Apply rye flour or corn starch for 10 minutes. Comb your hair well and wash with shampoo. There is another way – mix rye flour with milk or water.
- Dissolve one tablet of aspirin in a shampoo, it rinses the oil well.
- Add milk to the shampoo. This will not only help better fat removal, but also provide hair with additional nutrition.
- Rinse hair with nettle or chamomile decoction.
Hair care after the procedure
After the procedure, the hair should be dried with a towel and wait for natural drying, without using a hair dryer.
With a tendency to dryness, proper daily care is required:
- Regularly after washing the hair, it is necessary to use balms that moisturize and smooth the surface of the hair.
- You do not need to wash your hair every day, just twice a week.
- At every 3 or 4 hair wash, replace the balm with a moisturizing mask.
- Trim split ends regularly.
- Staining is carried out no more than 1 time in a month and a half.
- Minimize contact with hot styling equipment.
Compliance with the rules of gentle care will return dry curls beauty, elasticity and shine. They will acquire a healthy appearance, and styling will require less time.
Homemade mask recipes
With burdock oil
A very effective mask for dry hair. It is easy to use at home. Trichologists recommend burdock oil as a means to normalize the sebaceous glands of the scalp, to quickly restore damaged hair. You can buy it at pharmacies or cosmetic stores.
Examples of proven recipes:
- The hot burdock mask gives visible results: usd the oil with delicate circular motions in skin and hair; leave for an hour.
- A mask with cottage cheese and burdock oil, which is very useful for dry hair: in a 6: 1 ratio, prepare a mixture of cottage cheese (greasy) with oil; keep one hour.
With castor oil
Castor oil has a rich composition of healing acids, quickly restoring the damaged surface of the hair.
Prescription with Vitamin E (recommended to be performed in the evening):
- in 20 gr. castor oil to introduce 0,17 fluid ounce of a vitamin solution;
- add a few drops of ether (cinnamon);
- process dry roots and leave until morning.
With olive oil
This product is sometimes called “liquid gold.” It contains the highest concentration of fatty acids needed to treat dry hair.
With the addition of ethers:
- in 40 gr. add a few drops of ylang-ylang olive oil and as many drops of Santal oil;
- rinse off after half an hour.
- mix in a ratio of 1: 1: 1: 1 olive, burdock, almond oil and jojoba;
- warm to a comfortable temperature;
- keep the mask for 2 to 3 hours, it is permissible to leave it overnight.
With almond oil
A very effective emollient, often used in masks for brittle hair and dry ends at home.
With milk and hercules:
- in a ratio of 2: 1 mix almond butter and milk;
- add a handful of oatmeal (grind previously in a blender);
- rinse off after 30 minutes.
With coconut oil
It has established itself as an excellent moisturizer, it contains a large amount of saturated acids and triglycerides.
With banana and sour cream:
- chop half a banana;
- observing a 2: 1 ratio, take coconut oil and fat sour cream;
- connect everything and warm up in the bath;
- rinse after 30 or 40 minutes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
With peach oil
The masks used are not ether, but cosmetic peach oil. It is sold in pharmacies and cosmetic stores. It has established itself as an effective mask for treating dry hair. At home, such a composition is easy to prepare.
- oil for this composition does not need to be heated;
- 35 gr mix peach oil with 3 drops of blue chamomile ether or ylang-ylang;
- rinse off after 1 hour.
With linseed oil
Effective in the treatment of dandruff, dry skin. Flaxseed oil contains vitamin B2, which helps calm the skin from itching and irritation.
- 1 tablespoon mix flaxseed oil with 1 tablespoon. burdock and warm in a bath to a comfortable temperature;
- introduce 1 capsule of vitamin A and E into the mixture;
- leave for exposure for 30 minutes.
Gelatin mask treatment is called “home lamination.” The product is of animal origin, incorporating a large amount of collagen. Such a mask covers the hair with a film. The effect is similar to lamination in the cabin.
- use should be made of gelatin prepared immediately before the procedure;
- it should be applied only to damp clean hair;
- any gelatin without additives is suitable, you can buy it at the grocery store;
- after cooking, cool to a comfortable temperature;
- rinse off after 1 hour.
To prepare the mask for the cooled gelatin (1 sachet) add:
- 35 gr flaxseed oil or burdock oil;
- 3 drops of orange ester or ylang-ylang;
Another mask option is to dissolve the gelatin directly in the broth of nettle or chamomile. Soak on the hair for 1 hour.
Here is another effective recipe for a mask for dry hair with kefir:
- 10 gr. mix gelatin with 50 gr. fat yogurt;
- add 1 tablespoon a decoction of nettle;
- enter 1 tablespoon decoction of burdock;
- rinse off after 40 minutes.
Pre-nettle and burdock separately pour 3,38 fluid ounce of boiling water, let it brew for 30 minutes, squeeze and warm to a comfortable temperature.
Such a mask not only treats dry hair, but also contributes to their better growth. It is important to remember that in order to avoid the opposite effect, i.e. drying hair with an alcohol-containing drink, you should take it in a smaller amount than other ingredients in any composition.
An example of a medical mask with cognac:
- 6 dl drink with 2 dl. honey;
- apply warmly to wet hair, keep for half an hour.
This drink contains yeast that promotes hair growth and strengthening.
Such a mask is very useful:
- Dissolve in fresh dark beer ( 0,68 fluid ounce) 10 gr. mustard powder;
- add 0,34 fluid ounce of wheat oil.
Remove the composition from the head when there is a burning sensation or tingling sensation. Keep no more than 10 minutes.
To combat brittle hair, an egg-rum mask is suitable:
- mix a teaspoon of castor oil with the same amount of rum;
- introduce 1 chicken yolk;
- hold for two hours.
At home, it is easy to prepare egg shampoo:
- Beat an egg and stir in a half glass of cold water;
- apply to hair instead of shampoo, carefully massaging the roots and distributing along the entire length;
- rinse with cool water.
Sour cream mask
A lot of positive reviews received the use of such a composition for dry hair:
- 3 teaspoons mix sour cream with the same amount of honey;
- grate the potato on a fine grater and beat with 1 yolk;
- combine all the ingredients and apply on the head for 20-30 minutes.
Mustard powder is used.
- mix one teaspoon of powder and butter;
- add 2 dl olive oil and as much mayonnaise (or cream);
- rinse off after 40 minutes.
Mask with aloe juice
Ready-made aloe juice is sold in pharmacies. It has a rich complex of vitamins and minerals, is a biogenic stimulant.
How to cook:
- combine 2 yolks with 3 teaspoons juice;
- exposure time 30 minutes.
To prepare a decoction, you should buy nettle grass in a pharmacy or collect it yourself. In the latter case, this must be done away from the city.
- mix 60 gr. a decoction of nettle, kvass and apple cider vinegar;
- leave on hair is allowed for the whole day.
A good effect is given by the composition of honey and nettle:
- 40 gr dissolve honey in 3,04 fluid ounce of nettle broth;
- stand on the hair for 25 minutes.
Mask with mayonnaise
This product contains vegetable fat, yolk, mustard and vinegar. You can use quality store-bought mayonnaise or home-made.
- in 1 tablespoon sauce add the same amount of honey and 2 yolks;
- introduce 2 minced garlic cloves and 4 dl. burdock oil;
- leave the composition for 1 hour.
Mask with avocado
Mask that regenerates damaged and weakened hair:
- 1 banana chopped in a blender with half an avocado;
- mix the resulting puree with 4 dl olive oil;
- Rinse off after half an hour.
The effect is comparable to the effect of a quality hair conditioner:
- mix fatty kefir with banana puree in a ratio of 1: 1;
- keep 40 minutes.
Composition of cucumber and cottage cheese
For cooking, you need half a cucumber and 4 dl. fat cottage cheese.
Peel and chop the cucumber, mix with cottage cheese to a paste-like condition. Hold for 25 minutes.
A mixture using yeast improves blood circulation, gives strength and elasticity to the hair. To prepare the yeast for use, you need to mix them in warm milk, water, juice or a herbal broth. The consistency should be without lumps.
One of the options for an effective mask for dry hair:
- pour the yolk into the prepared yeast;
- add 50 gr. warm milk and coconut oil;
- leave for 40 minutes.
This composition helps to restore the structure of the hair, intensively moisturizing them.
Heat 0,85 fluid ounce of burdock oil and combine with chopped half of kiwi.
Rinse off after 45 minutes.
Mask with gelatin and yolk
Beat the diluted bag of gelatin with the yolk, then pour 1 teaspoons. shampoo. Leave on hair for 30 minutes.
Mask with onion juice
The mixture gives good results:
- 1,52 fluid ounce of onion juice and the same amount of fatty kefir;
- inject 0,51 fluid ounce of honey and 0,34 fluid ounce of castor oil.
The exposure time is half an hour.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bob cut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The horseradish recipe quickly treats brittle hair, giving it strength and elasticity.
- chop 5 horseradish leaves and add 25 gr. brewer’s yeast;
- then add 10 drops of sandalwood oil;
- dilute with a little black tea.
The composition is used on wet hair (50 minutes).
After removing the composition, rinse your head with a decoction of hay.
Composition with coffee and ginger
To prepare such a mask you need:
- 1 teaspoons mix ground coffee in 1,69 fluid ounce of ginger juice;
- pour 30 g into the mixture. ginger powder;
- keep on hair 40 minutes;
- After washing the composition, rinse the hair with nettle broth.
Mask with pork fat and lanolin
You can prepare a therapeutic cream for dry hair in this way:
- connect 3 teaspoons lanolin, 1 teaspoon melted pork fat, 6 teaspoons cast.oils and half a teaspoon coconut. oils;
- heat over low heat to 40 degrees;
- warm boiled water;
- combine the cream base with water and add teaspoon glycerin;
- to stir thoroughly;
- wait 10 minutes.
Composition with vodka and St. John’s wort
Effectively relieves dandruff and dry scalp tincture of hypericum:
- dilute vodka with water 1: 1;
- 6 dl grind herbs and pour 3,04 fluid ounce of vodka (diluted);
- Insist 7 days in a dark place;
- Rub into a clean, damp scalp.
Flushing is not required.
Mask with vinegar
Acetic hair rinse is very useful. Hair receives useful vitamins and minerals, and colored hair retains color better.
Dilute a tablespoon of vinegar per gallon of water. Rinse after washing 2 times a week.
A mask with a burdock is also effective:
- table l mix burdock oil with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar;
- exposure 30 minutes.
Mask with henna
Composition with colorless henna gently cares for hair, giving them elasticity and shine:
- dilute a bag of henna powder in half a glass of boiling water;
- allow the solution to cool to 40 degrees;
- introduce teaspoons honey and yolk.
Hold for 40 minutes.
Burdock and hop cones as part of a mask for dry hair
Use by table
- burdock (you can take both roots and leaves);
- fresh nettle;
- hop cones;
- grind the ingredients in a blender and insist for half an hour in boiling water (glass);
- introduce half a teaspoon of salt.
Wash off after 10 minutes.
Composition with sea buckthorn and currants
To prepare, you will need:
- Chop 5 blackcurrant berries and chop the same amount of sea buckthorn berries;
- in mashed potatoes, enter on the table. apples and oil rep.
Leave to work for an hour.
Tea Starch Mask
The beneficial composition of starch softens the scalp and hair, making them silky. Tea leaves contain tannins and healthy vitamins. It is necessary to dissolve 4 d. starch in a half a glass of warm water. Rub in with delicate movements. Stand under the towel for half an hour.
It must be remembered that tea leaves can give shade to the hair.
Mask with oatmeal and flax
Grind a handful of oatmeal, introduce a tablespoon of honey and flax broth. Leave to exposure for 30 minutes.
Due to its consistency, flax decoction envelops the hair with a film, saturating it with nutrition.
Professional cosmetic formulations
Specialized cosmetic stores offer a wide range of products that are effective for dry curls. They are productive and easy to use. Each package always contains instructions for use. It should be remembered that professional products are always applied to wet washed hair. They are washed off by simple rinsing with water.
The professional line of this brand has proven itself as an effective cosmetics:
- Keratin mask Estel Keratin . Fills hair with keratin, making it dense and shiny. Rub in gently and leave for 10 minutes.
- Jelly mask Orient Season Otium . Due to the content of the complex of oils and cedar extract, it moisturizes well, giving hair elasticity. The exposure time is 7 minutes.
- Purple Blonde . Designed specifically for fragile and brittle blonde hair. Strengthens them and restores structure. In addition, it helps to maintain the noble shade of the blond.
- Curex terapy . From a series of intensive care for damaged hair. Perfectly nourishes and moisturizes. It is not applied to the roots, it is aged 7 minutes.
- Mask for intensive moisturizing Otium Aqua . Contains a rich complex of amino acids, betaine and lanolin. Exposure to 10 minutes.
The manufacturer has a dry hair care line.
The following masks are included:
- Mask Nutrifier . Intensively nourishes and smoothes hair. This composition is applied at night, before bedtime. Squeeze a kiwi-sized product in your palm. Distribute onto dry hair. When they dry, the mask will not be printed on the pillow and cause inconvenience. Does not require rinsing.
- Mask Absolut repair lipidium . Designed for very dry curls. The composition is rich in lipids and contains ceramides that strengthen the hair fiber. Apply for 3-5 minutes.
For dry hair, a special series of Deep Moisture has been developed. The collection includes a mask for intensive care. The main ingredients are honey and mango. Provides quick and deep hydration.
Apply to hair in a standard way and aged 5 minutes.
This brand is widely repres
ented in cosmetic stores and hypermarkets.
For dry hair, 3 Garnier masks are suitable (keep on hair for up to 10 minutes):
- 3-in-1 oil mask . Contains jojoba, macadamia, shea and almond oils. Hair gets deep nourishment, becomes soft and supple.
- Botanic therapy . Selected olive oil is used.
- Firming mask Fructis . As part of avocado oil, olive, shea butter. Strengthens hair, making it shiny.
The popular brand introduced 3 masks for dry hair care:
- Mask series Extreme Recovery . Contains keratins for hair restoration and elasticity. Exposure time is 1 minute.
- Oil Nutritive . The oil complex and liquid keratin restore the structure of brittle hair. Apply for 1 minute.
- A series of intensive care . The mask is designed to care for colored and suffering from frequent styling hair. Also applied for 1 minute.
Schwarzkopf is famous for quality professional products. The range includes the BC Oil Miracle Barbary Fig Oil line. Special formula with keratin and Belgian fig oil. This is a complex that cares for dry hair.
It includes 2 masks:
- Warming up . Deeply affects the hair, moisturizing it. Place the ampoule for several minutes under water at a temperature of 40 degrees. Apply warm oil to wet hair. Comb with a comb for even distribution and rinse immediately. It is advisable to use shampoo of this line. No exposure time required.
- Healing mask . This product is suitable for daily use on wet hair. The exposure time is two minutes.
How often can you make masks for dry hair
Regular treatment with masks gives dry hair a healthy look. Home-made formulations can be alternated with professional ones.
If there are no special instructions in the recipe or instructions, then use any mask optimally up to 2 times a week. With compositions based on oils, you can limit yourself to 1 application, so that the hair does not acquire a dirty effect.
It must be remembered that caring for brittle hair is not only masks.
An integrated approach with the right selection of shampoo and conditioner is needed.
Mask for dry hair at home: video
The simplest mask for dry hair at home, see the video clip:
Restoring mask for dry hair, see video clip: