Hydration of the skin begins with the use of serum for the face containing hyaluronic acid. It gives youth, makes the skin supple, gives a radiant look.
- What is hyaluronic acid
- How does face serum with hyaluronic acid work
- Advantages and disadvantages of serum
- Types of Hyaluronic Acid
- When to start applying serum. Application Rules
- When will the first results be noticeable
- Rating of best facial serums with hyaluronic acid, cost
- Sinsation Cosmetics Sinsation 100% Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Libriderm Activator Serum
- Hyaluronic acid 100 by Mizon
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 by The Ordinary
- NOVOSVIT concentrate aqua-gel 24 hours from NOVOSVIT
- Vitamin C Serum by Mad Hippie
- Almea ha serum
- Vitalise Moisture Intense Serum With Hyaluronic Acid from Holy Land
- Hydarating Serum by Derma E
- Berrissom Ial Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Serum – System – Winter Skin Care
- Serum (serum) with hyaluronic acid Sinsation cosmetics
- Useful videos about facial serums with hyaluronic acid and their effectiveness
What is hyaluronic acid
Over the years, the skin loses its brightness, elasticity. And then hyaluronic acid comes to the rescue, the chemical composition of which helps it to easily absorb in the pores, increase the production of collagen, elastin, and saturate the cells with water. Hyaluronic acid is a glycosaminoglycan that is present in the synovial fluid and serves as a biological lubricant.
The substance was found in the vitreous of the eye, joints, connective tissue.
Acid has natural properties:
- hydration, binding particles of beneficial substances to water;
- joint lubricant;
- ambulance while repairing injuries on the body after injuries.
Substances that make up hyaluronic acid provide support for cells in the connective tissue. Does the human body contain 15 g of acid, one third of which is broken down and synthesized daily. As the body ages, the molecular chain of the acid decreases, as a result of which the flexibility of cartilage and tissue turgor decrease.
Under the influence of the sun, the amount of hyaluronic acid in the reticular layer of the dermis decreases, and its decay rate increases. Accordingly, skin tone decreases, moisture exchange and a protective barrier are disrupted. Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum supplies aging skin with essential moisture.
How does face serum with hyaluronic acid work
About 45% of the acid is concentrated in the surface layer, the epidermis. It is also present in the dermal layer, where it acts as a protective framework for skin proteins such as collagen and elastin, providing skin with a turgor.
The acid molecule has a short life cycle, every 2-3 hours it decomposes by 30-50%. So, in 20-30 years, acid production begins to decline actively, and after 40 years, the aging process accelerates.
The principle of action of hyaluronic acid:
- improves the viscosity of the synovial fluid;
- replenishes amortization of synovial fluid;
- creates a boundary layer around nociceptors (sensitive nerve endings).
Due to its physicochemical properties, hyaluronic acid has various clinical uses:
- in the field of cosmetics, as a moisturizing and anti-aging agent;
- as a filler of biomaterial in plastic surgery;
- in ophthalmology, eye surgery and as a lubricant for certain diseases;
- used as a viscous supplement to synovial fluid in patients with osteoarthrosis, through intra-articular injection, in joint surgery;
- participates in the recovery from damage to soft tissues, tendons and ligaments.
When applied topically, the acid is not absorbed, but works on the surface layer.
Advantages and disadvantages of serum
Serum, in comparison with other cosmetics, has the advantages of:
- Moisturizes dry aged skin. A few weeks after the start of use, the tightness and dryness of the stratum corneum of the skin disappears, the texture evens out.
- Helps smooth wrinkles. Increased hydration reduces sagging nasolabial folds and around the eyes. The contour of the face is tightened, the depth of wrinkles is reduced to 40%, the elasticity of the epidermis is increased by 50%.
- Acts as a protective barrier. Protects the skin from harmful external factors, adverse weather conditions.
- Helps to get rid of the effects of sunburn, bites, and mouth ulcers. Hyaluronic acid gel is used to prevent bleeding or cracking of the lips.
Side effects when using acid are possible:
- Allergic rashes. The reaction to acid in the form of blisters, swelling on the skin, itching, rash, is rare.
- Pregnant and lactating women should avoid the use of drugs with acid, because its effect on the fetus and child is poorly understood.
Types of Hyaluronic Acid
Products with hyaluronic acid are available in the form of oral capsules, tablets, eye drops, creams, lotions, serums, injectables. Tablets, capsules and drops are used in the treatment of joints, in ophthalmology. Injections provide quick wrinkle repair with fillers that are injected into voids on the skin. The effect of injections lasts from 3 to 9 months.
Most people need 2 or 3 courses per year.
Hyaluronic acid face serum contains 3 acid formulas of various molecular weights. Due to them, it penetrates deep into the cells and raises the moisture level in one application. Vitamin B5 added to serum accelerates the repair of sensitive skin prone to damage.
Hyaluronic acid is part of cosmetic preparations:
- foam cleansers;
- face masks, together with Pentavitinum;
- moisturizing creams;
- eye creams, lip care.
Acid-based cosmetics contain various concentrations and types of hyaluron molecules. The most effective drugs contain more than one size of an acid molecule.
Serum for the face, containing about 0.1% hyaluronic acid, significantly increases hydration, increases skin elasticity. The drug is selected both by skin type and appearance. For fresh, unencumbered wrinkles, one type of preparation is required, and for older skin, a different type.
- enriched with vitamins;
- with the effect of Botox.
When to start applying serum. Application Rules
Age-related skin changes begin to manifest after 40 years. During this period, it is necessary to help the skin retain moisture, fight free radicals. The benefits of serum increase with age, especially if the skin is dry, subject to frequent sun exposure.
It can be used before 40 years, because the loss of hyaluronic acid in its natural form occurs gradually, and its disappearance will be noticeable at an older age. You can take care of your skin, prevent the appearance of crow’s feet, sagging, from the age of 30.
Serums are intensive care products, therefore cosmetologists advise using them in courses from 3-4 weeks to two months. Then take a break of 4 weeks and continue application.
The drug is applied to clean, moisturized skin in small doses, 2–4 drops, rubbed along the massage lines of the face and neck. It can serve as a foundation for makeup, sunscreen. In winter, moisturizing serums are best applied 45 minutes before going outside.
A few tips for using the tool:
- face and body skin will better perceive serum after taking a shower, when the body is wet and all pores are open;
- before applying the serum to dry skin, it should be lubricated with a moisturizer or cosmet
- there is no need to apply oil and moisturizer to oily;
- if the serum is presented in the form of an emulsion, then it can be used as a cream and as an independent tool;
- in the event that the preparation is gel-like, then the day or night cream should cover the serum.
Between the application of serum and creams, a time interval of several minutes should be observed.
A wet body is capable of absorbing serum like a sponge, helping it to gain a foothold on the skin. Do not apply a large amount of serum, as excess prevents the normal absorption of the product. When buying serum and creams, it is better to choose products of the same line, because they are adapted to each other.
When will the first results be noticeable
Of course, it is difficult to see the results after one application of serum. The first visible effect will be a gradual lightening of dark spots on the face, if any. Then you can observe a decrease in fine lines around the eyes, “crow’s feet.” Subsequent changes will be noticeable after 2-3 weeks, when the components of the serum will work in full force.
Rating of best facial serums with hyaluronic acid, cost
|Title||Manufacturing firm||Producing country||Price||A place|
|Vitalise Moisture Intense Serum With Hyaluronic Acid||Holy land||Israel||2900||1|
|100% Hyaluronic Acid Serum||Sinsation||USA||5300||
|Almea ha serum||Almea||United Kingdom||900||
|Hydarating serum||Derma e||USA||2000||5|
|NOVOSVIT concentrate aqua gel 24 hours||Novosvit||USA||120||6|
|Vitamin C Serum||Mad hippie||USA||4500||7|
|Hyaluronic acid 100||Mizon||South Korea||2200||8|
|Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Serum Ial – System||Berrissom||South Korea||1300||9|
|Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5||Ordinary||Canada||800||11|
Sinsation Cosmetics Sinsation 100% Hyaluronic Acid Serum
The secret of youthfulness is precisely in this 100% serum from Sinsation. It restores damaged skin, preserves the radiance of youth, smoothes wrinkles, is suitable for all skin types. No parabens, gluten free, hypoallergenic. Products manufactured in the USA.
- hyaluronic acid;
- black radish root;
- lactic acid bacteria.
Apply 2-3 drops of the drug to the hand and gently, in circular movements, usd into clean, moisturized face skin.
Libriderm Activator Serum
It is used to combat the visible signs of aging, restores the optimal moisture balance. The activator penetrates deeper and retains moisture in the cells. Suitable for women of all ages and skin types.
- sodium hyaluronate;
- glyceryl acrylate;
- propylene glycol;
- hydrogenated polydecene.
Serum can be applied to the entire face or around the eyes 1-2 times a day after cleaning and moisturizing.
Hyaluronic acid 100 by Mizon
Effective moisturizing serum, the effect of which begins immediately after application. It creates a barrier, preventing the loss of water in the skin. Increases the elasticity of the epidermis, does not contain dyes, flavors and parabens. Good for dry, flaky skin. Made in South Korea.
- hyaluronic acid 50%;
- copper tripeptide;
- hydrogenated lecithin;
After cleansing and moisturizing the skin, apply serum, then wait until completely absorbed before applying makeup.
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 by The Ordinary
Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum consists of 3 types of acids: low, medium and high molecular weight. It contains a cross-polymer that provides multiple hydration and a noticeable seal without drawing water from the skin.
Due to penetration into the deeper layers, the skin surface is smoothed.
Long-lasting hydration, noticeable tightening, moisture retention – all this makes the skin smooth, soft, radiant. Serum enriched with vitamin B5, heals dry and damaged areas, stabilizes the protective function of the skin, helps the growth of new tissue. Silicone free, gluten free, oil free. Comb
ined with all skin types.
- sodium crosspolymer;
- sodium hyaluronate;
- red algae extract;
- pentylene glycol;
- lemon acid;
- capryl glycol.
Apply a few drops of the drug to wet skin, gently distribute the serum over the face. After the application procedure, you can use a moisturizer.
NOVOSVIT concentrate aqua-gel 24 hours from NOVOSVIT
Collagen, hyaluron, which are part of the aqua gel, help to smooth wrinkles, rejuvenate the face. Humidification lasts 24 hours. The product is actively absorbed, suitable for any type of skin. It is made in USA, by the company “Folk Crafts”.
- soluble collagen;
- hydrogenated castor oil;
- perfume fragrance;
- disodium edta;
- capryl glycol;
Apply 3-4 drops on the hand, gently usd between the palms and gently usd into the skin of the face, starting from the forehead and going down to the chin.
Vitamin C Serum by Mad Hippie
Vitamin C added to serum acts as an antioxidant. Repeated use of the product will help eliminate skin sluggishness, lighten, tighten the microrelief. Natural antioxidants, substances in the serum, work together to defeat skin aging. Available for all skin types.
- anisic acid;
- vitamin C;
- extract from grapefruit seeds, chamomile;
- hyaluronic acid;
- extract from the root of amorphophallus;
- Aloe Barbadenis;
- Vitamin E
- phytate with sodium;
- cellulose thickener;
- ferulic acid;
- xanthan gum.
Mad Hippie Hyaluronic Acid Face Serum is applied twice a day, after cleansing the skin and before applying the cream of the evening or morning.
Almea ha serum
Serum contains a modified substance with a small molecular weight, which not only absorbs into the skin, but also absorbs moisture from the air. The second useful product included in the composition is allantoin.
The dispenser in which the serum is placed gives a certain amount of it, which is very convenient. It is more suitable for dry skin, as it reduces the feeling of tightness, fights against premature wrinkles, gives radiance to the face. Also suitable for any skin type.
- hyaluronic acid;
- edta dysodium;
- methyl paraben;
- propyl paraben.
A few drops of the drug are gently rubbed in a circular motion, while you should try not to get into the space around the eyes. It is recommended to apply twice a day on cleansed and moisturized skin.
Vitalise Moisture Intense Serum With Hyaluronic Acid from Holy Land
Intensive serum that enhances the effect of many plastic procedures. After several application sessions, skin turgor rises markedly. The product is suitable for any type of skin, both female and male. Application age: 25–40 +. Production Israel.
- hyaluronic acid;
- lactic acid;
- vitamins A. C, E;
- extract from green tea, Brazil nut;
- essential oil from macadamia;
- grapefruit extract.
After morning or evening skin cleansing, apply a few drops of serum to the hand, usd between the palms, and gradually usd onto the face. Before using the drug, you can apply a moisturizer or a cream from the Vitalise series.
Hydarating Serum by Derma E
Derma E Moisturizing Concentrate contains high-quality, skin-friendly products. They keep the skin moist, fill it with health, make it soft, supple, and prevent early wrinkles. Intended for any type of skin. US production.
- hyaluronic acid;
- allantoin, reduces skin irritation;
- alanine, an amino acid that balances the level of nitrogen and glucose in the body;
- leucine, helps muscle growth;
- tyrosine, an amino acid that produces catecholamine hormones;
- glycerin that absorbs moisture from the air.
Used twice a day, can be applied to a clean area of the face, neck, decollete.
Berrissom Ial Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Serum – System – Winter Skin Care
The cosmetic product from the Korean manufacturer contains a high concentration of hyaluron. Manufacturers guarantee active skin care, especially in winter. The delicate structure of the translucent serum does not clog into the pores, is quickly absorbed, removes peeling, and dries oily skin.
- hyaluronic acid – 80%;
- berry bouquet extract;
- vegetable extracts from flowers;
- pantothenic acid.
It is spent economically, applied 2-3 drops twice a day under makeup or moisturizer.
Serum (serum) with hyaluronic acid Sinsation cosmetics
The drug works well with any type of skin, especially mature. Up to 25 years of age is not recommended. No parabens, gluten free, hypoallergenic. Increases the protective properties of skin tissue, replenishing moisture at the cellular level. Manufacturer – USA.
- natural preservatives;
- hyaluronic acid – 100%.
Gently apply 2-3 drops on the hand and usd in the area of the face and decollete.
Face serum is not a panacea. But many cosmetics with hyaluronic acid will help to maintain youthfulness, give the skin a healthy look, and this is the basis of the attractiveness of any person.
Author: Anna Belyaeva
Useful videos about facial serums with hyaluronic acid and their effectiveness
How to choose face serum:
How to apply serum: