According to statistics, the smile of 30% of the world’s people is accompanied by charming dimples that appear at the corners of the mouth. Cute cavities are so attractive that many want to get this pretty detail in any way.
Is there an opportunity to acquire dimples on the cheeks bypassing natural predestination, and how to do it Modern cosmetology gives an affirmative answer, and offers various means to achieve the desired effect.
What are the dimples on the cheeks
Clearly, hollows on the cheeks appear only when a person smiles. On a relaxed face, without facial expressions, they are practically invisible. The appearance of dimples when smiling is explained by the peculiarity of the anatomy of the large zygomatic muscles, in simplicity called the “muscles of laughter”. A spectacular appearance, in fact, is a defect in the structure of the facial muscle.
Fibers of the bifurcated muscle bundle are separated, shifted to the side and attached to the inner skin segment of the cheek. When you smile, muscle tissue contracts, the welded area is pulled inward, resulting in cavities on the cheeks.
The special structure does not affect the functionality of the facial muscles, it only gives the appearance a pleasant pretty. An anomaly of this kind is dominant and is transmitted genetically. Dimples can be located on one cheek or on both.
They vary in appearance:
- deep dimples;
- subtle cavities;
- with symmetric and asymmetric arrangement;
- round recesses;
- vertically elongated hollows. The size of the dimples depends on the individual characteristics of the appearance.
Reasons for the popularity of dimples
In an ironic statement by Canadian writer Stephen Butler Licock that a man who falls in love with dimples on his cheeks will mistakenly marry an entire lady, a certain amount of truth is hidden. It is not difficult to give your heart to a beautiful woman with an incomparable smile.
The hollows on the cheeks are associated with femininity, kindness, cheerful disposition and a little childish, touching way, evoking sympathy and trust.
Society has a positive attitude towards the owners of a pretty smile. The dimples are considered to be a “sign of happiness”, sometimes they are called the “kiss of an angel.” It was believed that lucky mark holders were lucky. Men often choose girls with “marks of happiness” on their faces as companions of life, hoping with them to get a share of luck and success.
In some representatives of Asian peoples, the presence of dimples indicates an increased sexuality of a person. In addition, holders of dimples on the face look younger than their age. Perhaps this is where the appeal of a special cosmetic detail lies for many ladies.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Is it possible to make dimples on the cheeks
How to make dimples on the cheeks or form a visual illusion of their presence, experts in the field of cosmetology suggest. Flirty recesses can be obtained in 2 ways – on their own, by home remedies, or by surgery.
The list of basic methods for achieving the goal includes:
- decorative cosmetics;
- a set of special exercises;
- cheek piercings;
- Botox injections
- an operation called “dimplectomy”.
Independent manipulations do not lead to instant results. The desired effect is achieved through systematic training of the muscles of the face. In the period before the dimples have not yet formed, and their desire to have is great, professionals recommend using decorative cosmetics. Master the technique of shading and skillfully use tonal means under the power of any girl.
You can get advice on how to properly decorate your face in this case from a professional cosmetologist. And then, following the recommendations, apply makeup yourself. A radical technique is piercing. The hollow is formed by a smile due to a puncture and fixation of earrings in it. The negative side of this technique is that a scar remains from the puncture.
A small mark will always be present, even on a relaxed face, without facial expressions . Plastic surgery is referred to as irreversible procedures. Completely get rid of the grooves newly acquired during the surgical intervention will never succeed.
Special gymnastics to form the desired cavities has a beneficial effect on the overall appearance, improving the contour of the face and smoothing out fine wrinkles.
The complex includes:
- cheek muscle training;
- gymnastics for the small zygomatic muscles;
- gymnastics for the large zygomatic muscles;
- exercises for the appearance of dimples.
If the muscles of the cheeks lose their tone and sag, then the lower face contour does not change for the better. The dimples will not become a decoration of a swollen face, so cheek training is an indispensable component of the overall complex.
Muscles are trained as follows:
- Open your mouth, lower your lower jaw, fold your mouth in the form of the number “0”. Put a clean index finger on the bottom row of teeth. The lower jaw should always remain in the lowered position. Squeezing the muscles of the cheeks, try to move your finger to the center of the mouth. Repeat several times. During the first execution, there is a desire to push your finger over your lips, but the algorithm of actions must be correct: first, the muscles are compressed, the cheeks seem to be pulled inward and move the finger, and then, by inertia, the lips come into action.
Small zygomatic muscles, located on the line from the eyes to the corners of the mouth, train according to this algorithm:
- Put the mouth in the position of the number “0” in the same position as the first exercise. Place index fingers upwards in the oral cavity at an acute angle of 45 °. Try the upper lip, without straining the lower jaw, move your fingers inward. Retry several times, working only with the muscles of the upper lip.
The large zygomatic muscles running from the temporal zone to the mouth area support the facial framework. Keeping them in good shape provides a clear picture of the zygomatic apples.
Gymnastics for the large zygomatic muscles is simple:
- Bring the mouth to the famili
ar “0” position, tighten the muscles under the eyes (try to move the area under the eyes up, closer to the eyes). Relax face. Repeat. These muscles are rarely involved in facial expressions and may not respond at the first training. Over time, they manage to feel them, and exercise gives effect.
How to make dimples on the cheeks will tell the table with a special training complex. Gymnastics is recommended to be performed until the desired result is achieved twice a day, without gaps. The effectiveness of training will increase if you gradually increase the number of repetitions in each exercise.
|1||Press down with your fingers the places chosen to form the hollows. Smile as widely as possible without opening your lips.||Repeat the exercise 50 times.|
|2||Starting position with fingers on the cheeks, as in the 1st embodiment. Smile alternately, first with one corner of your closed lips, then with the other.||Repeat at least 50 times for each cheek.|
|3||Retract the cheeks as much as possible, biting their teeth lightly from the inside. To smile.||Repeat 10 times.|
|4||Pressing the upper lip tightly to the teeth, smile, slowly lifting up the corners of the lips. Then smile, lifting the corners of your lips at an accelerated pace.||Perform 15 times quickly, 15 times slowly.|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
How to get a “mark of happiness” without exhausting yourself with training and without resorting to the services of a plastic surgeon Make-up is a quick and gentle way to achieve the goal. Using makeup, it’s easy to make artificial dimples or to highlight the small hollows on the cheeks given by nature.
Instructions for applying makeup:
- smile and determine the place of drawing cosmetic dimples;
- draw a small comma with a thin tail, down 0’4 – 0’6 inch down. An elegant drawing is applied with eye shadow or eyeliner with a matte effect. Glossy and shiny products are best avoided in this case to get a more natural result;
- use cosmetics of a natural light brown and beige shade. If the goal of creating a cosmetic effect is to take an original photograph, darker tones will do;
- mask the picture with shadows. Shading is carried out in circular motions with a small brush along the path of the comma;
- Use a large brush to lighten the edges;
- powder your face, smile and check if the desired result is achieved.
Technique using a cosmetic pencil and brush:
- determine the location of future dimples;
- put volumetric points symmetrically on each cheek with a brown pencil;
- at a distance of no more than 0’8 inch from the points, draw on top and bottom of the arc;
- After relaxing the muscles of the face, make a feather shading with a brush.
- with a bronzer with a dark dye, put dots on the alleged location of the dimples;
- cover the area around the points with a highlighter;
- only highlighter is used to highlight existing dimples. Using the means for highlighting certain areas of the face, an area is identified near the natural cavities, thereby creating a beautiful relief pattern.
Powder helps to emphasize natural cavities. The choice of color of a cosmetic loose powder depends on the skin tone. The powder should be 1-2 tones darker than the natural shade. The powder is applied with a brush to the borders of the dimples, carefully shaded and coated with a foundation on top.
Surgical intervention, as a result of which you can create dimples on the cheeks, has 2 varieties.
How to make dimples on the cheeks quickly and for a long time, a plastic surgeon will tell. Cosmetics give only a one-day effect, the result of the exercises is stretched over time. And only through surgical intervention does the image change instantly, radically and forever.
The operation to create cosmetic recesses on the face, practiced widely abroad, is also carried out in some American clinics. The cost varies depending on the level of the clinic and the range of additional services from $ 408 – $ 816. Plastic surgery is not very difficult, and takes about an hour.
After the procedure, the patient, as a rule, is immediately discharged home. During the operation, under local anesthesia, the doctor makes an incision from the inside of the cheek at the location of the future dimple and removes adipose tissue. Then, with the help of suture material, the surgeon tightens and fixes the muscle in a certain position, thereby forming an artificial cavity from the outside.
The stage of rehabilitation after surgery lasts about a month, is accompanied by the use of antibiotics, painkillers and compliance with all medical requirements.
Doctors recommend during the recovery period:
- eat only soft, ground food;
- After a meal, rinse the oral cavity with an antibacterial agent;
- gently brush your teeth without touching the injured area of the cheek.
The healing time depends on the individual ability of the body to recover. Control medical examinations are carried out in a week, after 30 days and at the end of 3 months.
Complications of a general nature (bleeding, internal scars) are extremely rare because the amount of tissue injury during the operation is small. < /p>
Sometimes flaws appear in the form of:
- asymmetries of the location of the depressions;
- different depths of dimples;
- not a natural kind of recesses;
- the transformation of artificial dimples into deep, unnatural wrinkles on still old face skin.
In order to avoid specific complications, it is recommended to resort to the services of highly qualified specialists.
Professionals consider the correction of the lower part of the face injections of botulinum toxin a risky procedure.
Only an experienced doctor can correctly determine the required amount of the drug, select the correct points of its administration, taking into account the thickness, age-related features of the skin, changes in the structure of tissues as a result of previous cosmetic procedures.
Botulinum therapy provides a quick visible effect and, despite the high cost and potential risk, is popular. An injection drug with a viscous and plastic structure – filler – is injected into the muscle tissue of the face and form convex formations on the cheekbones. These formations tighten the contour of the face and raise the cheeks.
As a result of manipulations to change the relief of the cheekbones, the skin in the lower part of the face goes inside, forming depressions. The procedure is painless, but to ensure maximum patient comfort, an anesthetic is applied to the skin.
The dimples on the face are clearly visible after injections until the introduced filler enters into a metabolic reaction and dissolves. The duration of action is approximately 6 months, after which the procedure is repeated. In order to avoid an excess of toxic substances in the body, the number of repetitions should not exceed 4 times a year.
The drug is still the subject of controversy. According to doctors, toxin injections should be resorted to only in exceptional cases. The disadvantage of this method of acquiring cute dimples is the need to regularly perform a risky procedure and constant cash investments to carry it out.
Modifying the face with a puncture and jewelry inserted into it is a rather extravagant method of acquiring an attractive cavity.
The earring in the cheek does not look like a natural depression, but it really changes the face.
And if you remove the jewelry, the punctured muscle of the cheekbones keeps a mark similar to a natural hollow.
How to make dimples on the cheeks, experienced piercers know.
Usually resort to one of two ways:
- the traditional version – a puncture with a special needle;
- subcutaneous implantation . A small puncture is done under the skin, a bar is passed through it. An optional decoration is wound around it: a ball, a spike or an earring of a different configuration.
A puncture of the face is a serious step.
It is important to consider the following aspects:
- The procedure should be carried out by an experienced master licensed in this type of activity. Attempting to perform a puncture on your own can lead to negative consequences (infection, damage to the skin or facial nerve);
- Before the procedure, you should visit a neurologist and get his recommendations, since any puncture on the face is potentially dangerous. It is important to choose the right puncture site so as not to damage the facial nerve and not cause muscle atrophy. Upon completion of cosmetic procedures, re-visit the doctor;
- an important circumstance is the sterile conditions of the procedure;
- immediately after a puncture, the wound must be treated with an antiseptic and an earring made of a precious metal – silver, gold, platinum;
- rinse the wound before healing with special solutions according to the doctor’s prescription. Prevent hot water from entering it. Refuse to visit the solarium and pool. The decoration is worn until the wound is healed, at least 2-3 months.
On average, the price of the procedure is $ 14. for 1 puncture. Costs include the cost of jewelry, medical advice and medicines used during the recovery period. The dimples on the cheeks are a gift of nature.
For those who do not have such a gift, but who dream of an “angel kiss”, modern cosmetology and medicine provide many opportunities. It remains only to choose how to make yourself the coveted “sign of happiness” in the most optimal way.
Facial dimples video
How to quickly achieve facial dimples: