Acne scars negatively affect not only the appearance, but also the self-esteem of their owner. Therefore, this problem must be solved. There are many ways to get rid of scars, starting from traditional medicine and ending with surgical intervention.
Causes of scarring after acne
Before proceeding with the treatment of scars, special attention must be paid to their origin.
The most common reasons include:
- Self Acne Removal. This mistake is most often made by adolescents. When squeezing, there is a high probability of infection of the epidermis, which leads to the formation of a scar.
- Beautician error. An unskilled specialist can aggravate the situation. Therefore, before signing up for the procedure, you should carefully study the reviews.
- Severe form of acne. Rashes are different, but if the same pimple does not go away for 3 weeks, then the skin of the face needs professional treatment. Otherwise, a scar will form.
Types of Scars
To remove traces of acne, their origin should be understood.
The following types of scars are available:
Next, each of the items will be discussed in more detail.
- Atrophic scars are static. They do not apply to the rest of the skin and do not become deeper. Outwardly, such a scar is similar to a fossa or a small protrusion. They are formed by a growth of connective tissue. After acne, these scars often remain.
- Hypertrophic scars are localized above the surface of the skin. The reason for the appearance of such a cosmetic effect lies in the increased level of collagen formation. The scar has a pink tint and may peel off.
- Normotrophic scar is the palest and most invisible in comparison with the rest. Its shade almost merges with the tone of the face. The scar is on the same level with the skin and has an identical sensitivity to temperature extremes. Typically, such scars are easily treated.
- A keloid scar is a protruding tubercle. Hue can vary from pink to blue. A distinctive feature is the lowering of the center of education 5 years after the appearance of the scar. Such scars can grow.
Alternative methods of treatment
Scars after acne, which are expensive to get rid of, can be tried to cure with the help of traditional medicine. Such methods will not remove the scar, but they can make it almost invisible. But in order to get a good result, you should adhere to regularity.
A great way to solve this problem is wax. Before starting the procedure, it should be melted in a water bath or in a microwave. After that you need to take a cotton swab, dip it in wax and apply to problem areas. It is important to note that the temperature of the composition should not be too high, otherwise you can burn your face.
To prevent the wax from draining, apply a pre-cut bandage to the skin . The composition should be kept for about 30 minutes. After you can rinse your face. If the bandage is difficult to move away from the skin, it is necessary to wipe the area with vegetable oil and after 15 seconds remove it with a piece of cloth.
You can get rid of acne scars with grapefruit. There are two ways to use it. In the first case, it is necessary to squeeze the juice from the fetus, dip the resulting liquid into a cotton pad and usd it with scars.
For another method, it is necessary to cut the grapefruit into two parts and one of them to process the problem areas. A few minutes after the above procedures, rinse your face with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
In folk medicine, various essential oils are often used. This problem is no exception, so it can also be solved in a similar way. For the procedure, rosehip oil, myrrh, lavender oil are perfect.
Apply them with a cotton swab only on the problem area. Do not usd the composition. It is enough to press the wetted side for 10 seconds. You can resort to this method about two times a week for a couple of months.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Masks from scars
As the main components of the mask, which is able to remove the scar left after acne, you can use tomato and cucumber. Vegetables should be fresh. Products must be ground. In the resulting mixture you need to add a capsule with vitamin E.
After the mask should be applied to the face and rinse with warm water after 20 minutes. For best results, use this composition for at least two weeks. The mask can be done even with fresh rashes. It will soothe and cleanse the skin.
Another effective method for treating scars is a powder in the form of a powder. It can be purchased at any pharmacy. A tablespoon of the drug should be mixed with hydrogen peroxide.
The resulting composition should not be too liquid. Otherwise, it will spread throughout the face. The mixture is applied only in local areas. You can’t keep such a mask for more than a quarter of an hour. After that, thoroughly rinse and moisturize the skin with a nourishing cream.
Honey has always been appreciated for its anti-aging properties. And in this case, he is able to give an impetus to the regeneration of new cells. It should be used together with milk in a ratio of 1: 1. If the mixture is thick, you can dilute it with a small amount of water. The application of this mask should also be local. After 25 minutes, everything should be washed off with warm water.
As part of many masks, you can find clay. To solve this problem, it is also suitable. Preference should be given to black, white, pink and green colors. To achieve the best result, you should use all of the above types of clay in turn. For the procedure, mix 50 g of the product with milk so that a porridge-like consistency is obtained.
This composition should be applied first to the entire face, and after 10 minutes add another layer to the problem areas. After complete drying, the mask must be washed off. This method can be resorted to no more than 3 times a week.
Ordinary potatoes can help remove scars from acne. To do this, grind the vegetable on a medium grater and carefully squeeze the moisture out through a gauze or bandage. Next, grated potatoes should be placed on the face, paying particular attention to those areas where the scars are located. The procedure can be completed in half an hour by rinsing the face with warm water.
Scars after acne, which can be eliminated with the help of medicinal ointments, should not be hypertrophic. A dermatologist should choose the right drug. Before using the product, it is necessary to do a test on a small area of the skin.
The most effective external remedies for scar healing include:
- Contractubex. The gel helps even out the tone and smooth the surface of the scar. Effective with prolonged use. The cost is $ 8,16.
- Dermatics. Silicone gel has many positive reviews on the Internet. In addition to cosmetic action, the product relieves pain and eliminates itching. The price varies from $ 27 – $ 34.
- Fermenkol. The drug promotes cell regeneration. The composition contains enzymes that break down the scar. Most often used for electrophoresis. The average cost of $ 16.
- Mederma. It contains sorbic acid. When applying, it is necessary to perform massage movements so that the gel can penetrate deeper. The price is $ 8,84.
- Clearwin. One of the cheapest means of scar healing. The cream is based on homeopathy. The price does not exceed $ 2,72.
Physiotherapy provides a wide range of treatments for scar healing. Among them, the use of electric current, which makes scar tissue softer, should be noted. Another technique is electrophoresis.
This procedure is performed in conjunction with drugs and is aimed at improving their properties. One of the components of physiotherapy is cryomassage, which is often used as an additional treatment.
Acne scars, which are difficult to get rid of, may disappear after exposure to chemical peels. In this case, the deep and middle types of procedure are suitable. In the first case, phenol is used, which penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin.
Therefore, during the session, the patient experiences pain. The result is achieved after the first visit to the beauty parlor. After such a peeling, it is necessary to avoid exposure to sunlight about a crescent moon.
The second procedure is less aggressive. The main components are acids. During the visit, the patient’s skin is not only exfoliated from dead cells, but also regeneration is stimulated.
However, this type of peeling is less effective. Therefore, up to 6 treatments may be needed to achieve the best result. Typically, the beautician prescribes the following procedure two weeks after the previous session.
This method is quite aggressive and has contraindications. Among them, epilepsy and herpes should be noted. Other factors should be excluded by the cosmetologist before proceeding with the procedure.
During the session, the patient may experience severe discomfort or pain. Therefore, the process should always begin with the application of a special cream on the skin of the face. Then the entire skin is treated with special brushes. At this point, the entire surface of the face is smoothed.
Dermabrasion can take about an hour. After that, a crust may form, which should pass in a week. Depending on the amount of work, up to 3 sessions may be required.
Injection treatment of scars involves the introduction of a special composition with a needle. Under the skin, the drug acts on scar tissue.
The following procedures for injecting post-acne removal are distinguished:
- ozone therapy;
- introduction of fillers.
The following is a description of each of the procedures in more detail:
- Injections that are used in mesotherapy include acids, vitamins and extracts. All these components nourish the skin, smooth its tone and surface. The result is noticeable almost immediately after the procedure. The disadvantage of mesotherapy is the need for a second session after 6 months. This is due to the fact that after the specified time the problem area will be noticeable again.
- The main components of injections used in ozone therapy are oxygen and ozone. The effect of the procedure is achieved with the help of active cell regeneration, as well as smoothing the skin. It should be noted that ozone therapy is an ineffective treatment for deep scars.
- Fillers are special fillers that instantly smooth the desired surface. The composition of the injections may be different, the following components are more often used:
- hyaluronic acid;
- adipose tissue of the client.
It is important to note that 6 months after the procedure, it is necessary to carry out a correction.
Laser resurfacing is a rather complicated cosmetic procedure. Therefore, before choosing a salon, you should carefully check the availability of permits and certificates, and also make sure that the specialist has the appropriate education. It is important to understand how the preparation and the grinding process itself go. This will make it possible to evaluate the competence of a cosmetologist.
Before the procedure, the patient should take antiviral drugs for a certain time. In addition, the specialist prescribes a blood sampling, which is used to conduct several tests at once.
The client must be notified of contraindications, these include:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- diseases of
the lungs and cardiovascular system;
- the presence of tumors in the body;
- the possibility of the appearance of scars of a keloid type;
- period of premenstrual syndrome.
Also, the use of a laser is contraindicated in the presence of rashes on the face.
Before grinding on the head, customers put on a special hat, and protect their eyes with glasses. The skin of the face is first treated with an anesthetic, cooled and exposed to a laser.
During grinding, the patient may experience tolerable pain. The procedure takes 30 to 120 minutes. After polishing, the specialist must give detailed recommendations, including a weekly ban on the use of cosmetics. In addition, it is necessary to protect the skin from the sun for 4 months.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Surgical Scar Removal
Scars after acne, which can not be eliminated using all of the above methods, should be removed surgically. This method is the most radical and is used to treat deep scars.
The following types of operations are distinguished:
- Sweeping. During the procedure, the specialist separates the scar from the skin, where a place is formed for the formation of connective tissue. As a result, the problem area becomes less noticeable. In some cases, additional procedures may be needed to completely get rid of a cosmetic defect.
- Excision of scar tissue. The operation involves the complete removal of the scar. After impose cosmetic stitches.
- Skin transplant. Used in the most exceptional cases. Unpleasant complications are possible.
Acne scars are quite difficult to remove. More often, in order to get rid of them, it is necessary to go through painful procedures and a long recovery phase. Therefore, it is much easier to prevent the appearance of scars.
To do this, the following preventive measures should be taken:
- exclude self-removal of acne;
- if the situation worsens, seek help from a specialist;
- use skin care products for problem skin;
- hygiene carefully to eliminate the risk of infection.
It is important to note that “fresh” scars lend themselves more easily to treatment. Therefore, if after acne remains behind, you must immediately proceed to their removal.
Treating acne scars is a complex process. Before deciding on a radical method, you should try to get rid of the problem in a more gentle way. After all, even the most expensive methods cannot guarantee a positive result, but they can lead to unpleasant complications.
Post-Acne Treatment Video
5 easy ways to remove spots and scars after acne: