Glycerin on the face is often used for home care due to its accessibility and effective effect on the skin. This type of simple 3-atomic alcohol in the form of a colorless viscous liquid has unique properties. It was first discovered by a Swedish chemical scientist more than 200 years ago. Due to the ability of glycerol to accumulate moisture, the epithelium on the face becomes moisturized, soft, fresh.
- The use of glycerin in cosmetology for facial skin: can it be used, what is it for
- How does glycerin in its pure form affect the skin of the face: properties, benefits and harms, reviews of cosmetologists
- Masks with vitamins and glycerin: action on the skin, how to use it
- Face mask: glycerin plus vitamins E, A (retinol) – a recipe for how to apply the product on the face
- Glycerin with Aevit for the face at night: how it affects the skin of the face, prescription, use
- Face care: how to make a mask with glycerin
- Cream mask for dry skin with glycerin and honey plus yolk: proportions, recipe, use
- Mask of honey, glycerin and gelatin for oily skin: ratio, recipe, how to apply
- Glycerin for acne on the face: an acne mask prescription, instructions
- Masks for facial rejuvenation with glycerin at home. Recipes for applying to the face
- Anti-wrinkle anti-aging facial mask
- Glycerin-based lifting lifting face mask
- Glycerin from age spots on the face: mask prescription, application
- Glycerin for face whitening: mask recipe, what is the composition useful, how to use
- Glycerin videos
The use of glycerin in cosmetology for facial skin: can it be used, what is it for
There are two types of this tool: synthetic and natural. The basis of the finished cosmetics, most often, is synthetic glycerin.
Applying glycerin on the face in the form of home masks, lotions, creams, it is better to use a high-quality natural substance, purified by 99.5%.
The correct choice of this tool as an integral part of creams for cosmetic procedures allows you to achieve results such as:
- moisturizing the skin, its toning by regulating the lipid-water balance, the penetration of nutrients into the deepest layers;
- smoothing wrinkles, minimizing age-related changes in the epithelium;
- glycerin treatment for acne, acne, facial inflammation;
- antiseptic effect ;
- nutrition of various skin types;
- performing the function of a stabilizer for various home-made cosmetics.
How does glycerin in its pure form affect the skin of the face: properties, benefits and harms, reviews of cosmetologists
Achieving the desired effect is explained by its inherent properties, the main of which is hygroscopicity, the ability to absorb moisture from the outside. In wet weather, glycerin, which is part of masks, creams on the face forms a moistened film that protects the epidermis from contamination, and the penetration of microbes.
Due to this property, he is able to counteract the dehydration of normal and extremely dry skin.
Moisturization directly affects the rejuvenation of the surface layer of the skin. This is due to the filling of fine wrinkles, expression folds with moisture, they are “smoothed out”. As a result of regular procedures, it becomes more even, toned, smooth and light in spite of the threatening age-related changes.
Solutions containing this chemical element can become an alternative to all kinds of means that cleanse the skin from makeup. Indeed, the activation of metabolism in the epidermis gallon “pushes” obstruction from the pores with dirt, fat, and toxins.
A weighty argument in favor of glycerin is the fact that it practically does not cause any allergic reactions.
At the same time, there are certain conditions, non-observance of which can have the opposite effect. An important rule is its use not in its pure form, but in combination with other components (water, honey, decoctions of herbs, etc.). It is also unacceptable to abuse “shock” doses. According to experts, this provokes such problems as:
- excessive drawing moisture from the epidermis when using glycerol in its pure form, and a combination with silicone is fraught with itching and peeling.
- leaching of natural pigment of skin color, hair, eyes (melanin);
- side effects with increased sensitivity of the epidermis, its severe inflammation. So, the latter can provoke the formation of comedones (black / white eels), damage to the dermis in thin areas of the skin around the eyes.
Along with this, in the reviews of dermatologists there are warnings regarding the time of applying glycerin to the face. Given the moisturizing effect of the product, you should avoid using them in cold or extreme heat.
After all, the lack of moisture in the air leads to the drying out of the skin, “drawing out” of water from it. And in order to avoid clogging with dust of sticky skin, you need to go outside after completely absorbing the mask, cream.
Based on this, in each individual case, applying glycerin to the face, it is important to treat the inherent properties and contraindications with understanding. In addition, you need to carefully monitor the reaction of the skin to ongoing procedures, its sensations, state changes.
Masks with vitamins and glycerin: action on the skin, how to use it
The still unforgettable Claudia Shulzhenko sang about “that the wrinkles of women are very disappointing …”. But the reason for their appearance is not only age-related loss of tissue elasticity, but also its dryness, fat content, acne, inflammation, etc. And here the combination of vitamins with glycerin can negate the effects of these defects.
However, remember that the correct use of all masks implies the following:
- Preliminary test for sensitivity on delicate parts of the body (elbow bend, wrist, etc.). This will make sure that none of the ingredients causes a negative reaction.
- Cosmetic procedure is carried out only in a humid environment (bathroom). This provides the conditions for the absorption of water molecules from the air, not the skin.
- Masks are applied without driving into the skin with light movements in a thin layer and left for a short time (no more than 15 minutes). With prolonged use, the effect of “soaked” skin may occur. If the stickiness of the skin after the procedure does not gradually disappear, this indicates an excess of the drug, which will be a kind of “magnet” for dirt and dust.
- The best time to use glycerin as a cosmetic product is winter, evening (before bedtime). This is due to the formation of a protective film after removing the mask, which prevents full makeup.
- The use of medical cosmetics with glycerin implies mandatory “respite” between the procedures.
It is important to remember that only highly concentrated glycerin leaching melanin can do harm. Using it in recommended small doses is beneficial.
Face mask: glycerin plus vitamins E, A (retinol) – a recipe for how to apply the product on the face
When preparing masks, the combination of glycerin with vitamins most effectively reveals the possibilities of this “triad”, enhances the effect of this colorless, sweet substance. Here, vitamin A (retinol acetate) normalizes metabolism, stimulates collagen production. Its advantages include the versatility of harmless use for any type of epidermis.
So, for example, with dry skin, one of its ampoules can be mixed with 0.5 tablespoon of liquid glycerin and applied with massage movements to the face, neck, and decollete. At the same time, this mask is well absorbed and remains on the body until it dries without rinsing.
Vitamin E (tocopherol) has a positive effect on reproductive activity, participating in the work of the ovaries that produce estrogen.
It has an antioxidant effect, is quite effective in the fight against free radicals, oncology, slowing down the aging process of the skin.
< p>When applied externally, it penetrates deep into tissue cells, stimulates the exchange between them, removes toxins, and decay objects in the body. Tocopherol, as an integral part of collagen, contributes to a strong moisturizing, anti-aging effect. It is not for nothing that it is called the vitamin of youth, beauty, and from Latin it is translated as “contributing to birth”.
The tandem of tocopherol and glycerol is one of the available methods for effective skin rejuvenation at home. There is a simple, kind of classic, mask recipe from these two useful ingredients.
For its quick preparation, you need to combine up to 1,01 fluid ounce of glycerin and 10 capsules of tocopherol (vitamin E). Poured into a glass container the dark color of the solution (25 g) is stored at room temperature.
This oil mixture is applied to a well-cleaned face and lasts up to 60 minutes, and then is easily removed with a sponge, paper towel. It should be noted that after the mask there is a feeling of stickiness, which gradually disappears. To give the face freshness, slow down the aging process of the skin, you will need to make a mask every night for a week.
This composition can be supplemented with such components as:
- camphor / castor oil (1 small spoon each);
- a decoction of the flowers of a pharmaceutical chamomile (1 tablespoon1 tablespoon. boiling water).
Filter the infused cooled broth and combine with the glycerin-vitamin mixture, oils. After thoroughly stirring, use the mask on cleansed skin a couple of hours before bedtime. Residues are not washed off, and also removed with a cotton pad or paper towel.
Another of the most effective recipes with glycerin and vitamin E is a mask of these ingredients and protein. To prepare it, you need to beat the chilled protein, combine with tocopherol (1 ampoule) and glycerin ( 0,17 fluid ounce). Apply the mixture evenly 3-4 layers (after drying each previous) along the massage lines. After 35 minutes, remove the mask with a cotton pad moistened with a yarrow decoction.
Glycerin with Aevit for the face at night: how it affects the skin of the face, prescription, use
The combination of vitamins A and E is called Aevit, which can be purchased at pharmacies . Its combination with glycerin is able to effectively correct the contours of the face, rejuvenating its skin.
After all, each of the ingredients has a lot of advantages, which triple their effect. But the deficiency of retinol acetate and tocopherol in the body negatively affects the appearance of the skin (inflammation, dryness, pustules, acne).
A mask of the following ingredients can counteract these processes:
- glycerin ( 0,34 fluid ounce);
- vitamin A ( 0,34 fluid ounce);
- vitamin E ( 0,34 fluid ounce);
- the yolk of one chicken egg;
- infusion of chamomile pharmacy ( 1,35 fluid ounce).
It is prepared in the following sequence:
- brew a dry chamomile in 0.5 cup boiling water with infusion for half an hour;
- pour the infusion into a ceramic / glass container and add Aevit or each vitamin in equal doses to it;
- add the chicken yolk at room temperature and mix the whole mixture until smooth.
The mask is applied to the face, neck, neckline and left for 20 minutes. After that, it is carefully washed off with warm water. It is recommended to carry out one procedure for 10 days.
Face care: how to make a mask with glycerin
The previously indicated features of the manufacture of masks for facial skin with glycerin can be supplemented by such nuances:
- To dilute this substance, you need to use purified or pink water.
- The remains of most cooked masks are stored for up to 2 weeks and only in the cold. Otherwise, the mixture loses its beneficial qualities.
- The frequency of prophylactic masks with a monthly course is no more than 1 time for 7 days and a break of 1 month. In some cases, the frequency of admission can be increased up to 3 times per week.
To obtain a positive effect, it is important to make the right choice of the recipe, observing the proportions of each of its components and recommendations for proper use.
Cream mask for dry skin with glycerin and honey plus yolk: proportions, recipe, use
For this tool, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 potato boiled in milk;
- 1 small tablespoons of glycerin;
- 1 yolk;
- 1 tablespoon. a spoon of olive oil;
- 2 tablespoon of water;
- 1 small spoons of honey.
At the same time, mashed potato is first whipped, to which all the ingredients are added, except for honey. After adding it, the mixture is mixed until smooth, applied to the skin for 15-20 minutes, and then washed off with water at room temperature.
Mask of honey, glycerin and gelatin for oily skin: ratio, recipe, how to apply
This recipe is suitable even for owners of oily skin who question the acceptability of using glycerin. After all, its combination with gelatin refutes this opinion.
To prepare a mask to moisturize oily skin you will need:
- glycerin, honey ( 0,51 fluid ounce each);
- gelatin (5 g);
- aspirin (1 tablet);
- water ( 3,38 fluid ounce).
- Grinding aspirin.
- Soaking gelatin for 20 minutes (for “swelling”).
- Mixing all components (in a glass / ceramic container).
- Heating the resulting mixture in a water bath with constant stirring until all components are completely dissolved and cool it.
- Applying this mask to the face for 20-25 minutes, then rinse the skin with water at room temperature.
Such a tool can be prepared for future use, storing it on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for up to 30 days.
Before each use – slightly warm up. Daily application of this mask helps get rid of comedones, acne (acne).
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Glycerin for acne on the face: an acne mask prescription, instructions
A special treatment mask for acne, inflammation to soothe the epidermis can be prepared from glycerin ( 0,17 f
luid ounce), chamomile flowers and giardi (10 g each). To do this, dry inflorescences are crushed, combined with other components and thoroughly mixed.
After application to places with acne, the mixture is left on the body for up to 15 minutes, and then rubbed into the skin with light movements and removed with a moistened sponge.
Masks for facial rejuvenation with glycerin at home. Recipes for applying to the face
To rejuvenate the skin of the face, you need to use glycerin ( 0,17 fluid ounce), 1 ampoule of vitamin E, tomato pulp crushed in a blender. The combined and carefully mixed components are applied to clean, moisturized skin for 30 minutes. To remove its redness after removing the mask, “soothe” it with a cream containing panthein acid.
The effect of the mask can be enhanced by steaming the face before the procedure or after a shower.
Anti-wrinkle anti-aging facial mask
When using glycerin for this purpose, you need to choose the components supplementing it based on the type of skin. For dry skin, olive oil, honey; normal epidermis – water, yolk; and bold – a decoction of calendula, cosmetic clay. Here you can vary the constituent parts of cosmetics.
It perfectly smoothes folds, restores turgor and elasticity of the dermis with a combination of glycerin (1 small tablespoons), kelp (1 large tablespoons) and yolk.
First you need to steam the algae, and after half an hour infusion, combine with the rest of the ingredients. Apply the resulting mixture with a brush to a clean, slightly damp face. After 40 minutes, rinse off the infusion of dandelion or other herbs suitable for this type of face.
If necessary, quickly and effectively defeat the primary signs of sagging skin, its aging, you can use the mask “Youth”. To prepare it, you need such components:
- Glycerin, honey (1 dess. L.);
- butter (0.5 tablespoon);
- a decoction of chamomile flowers (1 large spoon).
Apply well mixed mixture on face, neck and rinse with cool boiled water after 10-15 minutes.
Glycerin-based lifting lifting face mask
To increase the tone of the epidermis, it is good to use a mask of glycerin, lemon, tocopherol. With dry, normal, combination skin, you can also add yolk, fresh homemade cream.
Already at the first wrinkles, subtle signs of sagging of the epidermis, a glycerin-honey mask helps perfectly. For her, you just need a teaspoon of glycerin with the same amount of natural linden honey, a small amount of chamomile broth.
It also includes whipped yolk with softened butter. This homogeneous mixture is applied to the face and lasts up to 20 minutes, and then washed off with moderately cold water.
And the most effective and simple recipe, especially for ladies of elegant age, is considered a combination of glycerin with gelatin. After all, the last component is collagen of natural origin, without which the most expensive lifting products.
For this mask, first dissolve 1 large tablespoon of gelatin in 3 large tablespoons of water. After swelling in a water bath, bring to complete dissolution and dilute glycerin in a slightly cooled mass (1 large spoon). Here you can add an emollient – 1 teaspoon of honey. Keep the applied mask on your face for up to 40 minutes, and then rinse off with cool water.
It is important to note that this mask is not to be stored and is used immediately after preparation.
Glycerin from age spots on the face: mask prescription, application
Brown spots indicate an excess or deficiency of melanin in the body. They can be caused by age-related changes in the skin or the manifestation of various phenomena (pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, the result of depilation or tanning, etc.).
Therefore, before getting rid of such spots, you need to consult a dermatologist. If this is not a consequence of diseases, glycerol-based masks can be used to brighten them.
Among the various recipes, the simplest and most effective can be mixing glycerol with hydrogen peroxide (30%) and boric alcohol (1 large spoonful). The mixture is used to wipe skin with pigmentation.
It is positively evaluated in user reviews and such a mask as:
- mix glycerin, sandalwood oil (powder), rose water (honey, milk) in equal proportions;
- the resulting mixture should not be applied in a thick layer to the places with pigments (up to 15 minutes);
- cleanse the skin of the mixture with warm water.
This mask can be applied daily (1 time) until the spots disappear completely.
A mask of equal parts of glycerin and softened beeswax also gives good results. This composition covers the surface of the skin affected by pigments for 20 minutes, then it is cleaned contrastively with warm and cool water.
Glycerin for face whitening: mask recipe, what is the composition useful, how to use
To lighten the skin, you can use the basic ingredients to combat pigmentation. However, to give the whitening effect of skin color in general, glycerin is more often used together with citrus fruits. So for the problem / mixed type, practice this mask:
- glycerin (1 small tablespoons);
- pulp of 1 citrus fruit (orange, lemon);
- liquid honey (4 tablespoon);
The whipped mixture of them is applied to a gauze and applied to the face. After 15-20 minutes, the remains of the mask are washed off. The course is up to 20 procedures (2 times a week). Cold stored residues can be used up to 14 days. This workpiece is also suitable for application to other parts of the body.
Glycerin for the face, as we see, is suitable for different skin types, the age of their owners. We wish to find your format in the home use of this affordable healing product.
Glycerin on the face. Masks with glycerin:
Properties of glycerin: