Facial massage is a special type of effect on the skin and muscles, the purpose of which is to obtain a persistent complex cosmetic effect.
- The benefits and harms of cosmetic massage
- Varieties of cosmetic massage
- Indications for cosmetic massage
- Contraindications to the procedure
- The effectiveness of cosmetic massage
- How often do massage, course duration
- How long does the effect appear
- How long the effect lasts and when a second massage course is needed
- Techniques for cosmetic exposure. Walkthroughs
- Classic massage
- Cosmetic massage with essential oils
- Massage “36 movements”
- By Akhabadze
- Massage of Hope Kim
- Lymphatic drainage
- The cost of massage in a beauty salon
- Video on the topic: types of facial massage in cosmetology
The benefits and harms of cosmetic massage
Cosmetic massage helps fight many skin problems.
As a result of the regular use of these procedures, the following effects are observed:
- Excessive pallor of the skin goes away and it acquires a healthy, natural glow. This is due to improved blood flow to the skin of the face.
- Excessive swelling and swelling disappear, this is achieved by normalizing the metabolism in the skin cells and restoring the water balance.
- The number of age-related skin imperfections decreases – wrinkles, dry skin, and dull complexion disappear. The skin looks smoother and toned.
- Acne, acne and age-related pigmentation go away.
- The skin is saturated with oxygen and freed from toxins.
Facial massage in cosmetology is a very effective and useful procedure that does not have any special contraindications, but sometimes it can have negative consequences. This is due to the incorrectness of the procedure and with the individual characteristics of the body.
Women with sensitive skin can detect sores or cracks on their face after massage. A vascular network may also appear. In this case, it is necessary to interrupt the course of massages and consult a cosmetologist for advice.
Often, clients of a beauty salon complain of pain during the procedure. This is due to the low pain threshold of the body. Most often, the pain disappears in the second or third session – the body gets used to such effects. If this does not happen, you should abandon the massage.
Unprofessionally performed facial massage can do much harm – injuries, additional wrinkles, swelling and rashes can appear.
In cosmetology, there are several basic rules for a quality facial massage:
- Strict hygiene during the procedure.
- You can not make rude movements.
- You can not pull, shift or squeeze the skin of the face.
Varieties of cosmetic massage
Facial massage in cosmetology is divided into several types:
Cryomassage is referred to as prophylactic massage. In the process of massage, carbonic snow is used. This procedure is used for oily skin with enlarged pores, as well as for aging skin with a flabby appearance and wrinkles.
Massage helps reduce sebum secretion, tones the skin, tightens pores. After the massage, the face acquires a healthy, rested appearance due to the influx of oxygen to the skin cells. Cryomassage can cause hypothermia of the skin, therefore only a superficial effect is applied. After the procedure, redness of the skin often occurs.
Hygienic massage. To obtain a healthy complexion, as well as to give the skin elasticity and freshness, it is recommended to use hygienic massage . This procedure helps to combat premature aging of the face and neck.
Massage is performed using various techniques. The movement of the hands can be circular or zigzag, while the kneading or grinding of certain areas of the face is carried out. Skin areas with wrinkles require additional study – all massage techniques are applied several times.
Age skin is shown a longer course of hygienic massage, while a nourishing cream is necessarily used. For women with dry and sensitive skin, such a massage should also become a habit. If the skin has swelling, a hygienic massage must be carried out very carefully, without rubbing or kneading. It is recommended to lightly stroke the skin of the face, avoiding the eyelids.
Massotherapy. Such skin problems as excessive secretion of sebum, impaired blood circulation and acne rash require the use of cosmetic therapeutic massage. This procedure is carried out more “energetically”, while this affects not only the upper layers of the skin, but also on the subcutaneous tissue.
Thanks to frequent and strong tingling, blood circulation in the skin cells is activated, and subcutaneous inflammation resolves. Such a massage can only be entrusted to a highly qualified professional – all movements must be fast, accurate and skillful.
Cosmetic therapeutic massage is contraindicated in atony and purulent skin diseases.
Plastic massage is recommended for women after 35 years. It is used to treat age-related skin changes, such as loss of elasticity and firmness, facial deformation, wrinkles and wrinkles. Massage relieves puffiness well, reduces the production of sebum and helps to narrow the pores.
With this massage, deep pressure is used. It is important not to displace the skin, but to press it to the bones. Movements should be rhythmic and energetic. It is important that the massage does not hurt. Plastic massage uses talcum powder. Often this procedure is alternated with cosmetic massage.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
Indications for cosmetic massage
Facial massage in cosmetology helps to solve a lot of skin problems.
Indications for this procedure:
- Decreased elasticity of the skin of the face and neck.
- Dry skin.
- The appearance of wrinkles and other signs of premature skin aging.
- Furrows on the face.
- Swelling of the skin.
- A large amount of subcutaneous fat or excessive thinness.
- Excessive secretion of sebum.
- Enlarged pores.
- Dull complexion.
With the help of massage, the flow of blood and lymph is stimulated, which helps to accelerate the metabolic processes in the skin cells and saturate it with oxygen. After the procedure, the skin becomes firmer and fresher in appearance. Massage helps to correct the contour of the face and tighten the skin.
Contraindications to the procedure
The benefits of cosmetic massage are obvious. However, it has a lot of contraindications:
- Infectious or viral diseases.
- Oncological diseases.
- High blood pressure.
- Blood clotting disorder.
- Open wounds or a tendency to bleed on the skin of the face.
- Purulent subcutaneous masses or viral skin diseases (herpes).
- Problems with the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Fungal infection of the skin of the face.
In the presence of the above health problems, massage can only be done after consultation with a general practitioner or dermatologist.
The effectiveness of cosmetic massage
Facial massage in cosmetology is a rather effective procedure that can improve the skin of the face, remove age spots and swelling, correct the oval of the face and get rid of the first signs of aging. It is important to find a good cosmetologist and go through the entire course of procedures, in which case a positive result is guaranteed.
How often do massage, course duration
We can only talk about the duration of the massage course approximately. It all depends on the existing skin problems. The regularity and frequency of procedures is selected by the cosmetologist individually for each client.
In general, it is recommended to massage 2 times a year. At the same time, for half a year you need to go from 10 to 15 procedures. Massage should be done twice a week. To maintain the effect, it is recommended to do monthly “supportive” massages.
The frequency and regularity of the procedures depends on age. Mature skin has more problems and needs more frequent massage. For girls under 30 years old, 5 procedures are enough. Women after 40 years need to undergo 15 massage sessions per 6 months. Age skin needs frequent supportive massages.
The duration of one procedure depends on the type of massage and can be from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours.
How long does the effect appear
The appearance of the first massage results depends on the client’s skin condition and on the professionalism of the massage therapist. On problematic skin age, the effect of the procedure is visible after the first application.
Young girls undergoing a preventive massage course will not notice obvious changes in their skin condition. In any case, after the first procedure, complexion improves, swelling disappears and skin elasticity increases.
How long the effect lasts and when a second massage course is needed
The effect of a single facial massage lasts up to 4 days. For a longer result, you must complete a full course of procedures – 10-15 massage sessions. In this case, the effect will be noticeable for several months. It is advisable to maintain this result with monthly single massages.
Techniques for cosmetic exposure. Walkthroughs
Each type of facial massage has its own special techniques and techniques.
To obtain the desired effect, classic massage must be done in several stages.
At the first stage, it is necessary to prepare the blood vessels and facial muscles for further exposure. In this case, light stroking is used, during which the outflow of lymph is improved.
All movements should be neat and carried out strictly along the massage lines:
- From the tips of the lips to the earlobes.
- From the inner corners of the eyelids to the outer.
- From the center of the forehead to the temples.
- From the chin to the ears.
- From eyebrows to hairline.
- From the middle of the nose to the temples.
It is necessary to begin this stage from the neck area, and to complete the treatment of the forehead area. Particular care must be taken when treating the skin around the eyes. This delicate area is prone to wrinkles and sprains, therefore it requires very careful touches.
At the second stage of the classic facial massage, a deeper skin treatment is performed – rubbing. This stage of the procedure is performed in circular motions with the fingertips. All movements should be directed from the bottom of the face up. It is important to work out areas of the face with age-related skin changes.
The final stage of the classic massage is kneading. This is a deeper effect aimed at treating the muscles of the face and neck. The procedure is performed by wave-like vibrating or plucking movements along the massage lines. This captures not only the skin, but also the subcutaneous tissue. At this stage, it is important to work out the oval of the face well.
Cosmetic massage with essential oils
With this massage, a specially selected mixture of aromatic oils is applied to the face.
This procedure is performed in 3 stages:
- Tapping fingers.
- Lightly pat on the face.
- Vibrating movements of the fingers.
The duration of each stage is from 5 to 7 minutes. With this type of massage, it is very important to choose the right mixture of aromatic oils . It is made up of base oil selected for the client’s skin type and essential (light) oil. During massage, it is important not to use mineral oil, it lays on the skin with a film and prevents the ingress of nutrients into the deeper layers of the skin.
Oils are drying or moisturizing, they are able to saturate the skin with vitamins, soothe and combat deficiencies:
- For dry skin, almond, coconut, apricot, avocado are suitable as a base oil. As an essential oil – sandalwood, rosewood, orange, geranium.
- For oily skin, apply grape seed oil, peach, avocado, hazelnut or sesame. Essential oils for the procedure – rosemary, grapefruit, patchouli, lemon.
- For aging skin, cocoa butter, coconut, jojoba or apricot oil are suitable as a base oil. Oil from rosewood, chamomile, geranium, sandalwood, and orange will help fight the first wrinkles.
The duration of the aroma massage is 20 minutes.
Massage “36 movements”
This procedure helps to tighten the muscles of the neck and face, removes toxins and improves skin tone. The massage is based on ancient Chinese techniques. Most of his tricks are kept in strict confidence.
Massage is performed in soft circular motions along the massage lines. At the initial stage, the skin is massaged with hands, and then special plates made from buffalo horn are used. Before massage, a special emollient gel is applied to the face. At the end of the procedure, the master performs hand movements aimed at tightening the skin of the face and neck.
The main thing in this massage is the effect on biologically active points. On the face of a person there are 36 such points. It is their stimulation that triggers the process of regeneration and skin rejuvenation in the body.
The technique for performing this procedure can be reduced to a few simple steps:
- A cream suitable for the client’s skin type is applied to the entire face.
- Thumbs are located on the bridge of the nose, and the rest are in the lower jaw. The thumbs move down the nasolabial folds so that the fingers of the massage therapist are connected on the lower jaw.
- Movements are made from the chest to the center of the chin. It is important to pay attention to the lateral surface of the neck.
- Hands are positioned so that the client’s mouth is between the index and middle fingers. Then the hands must be spread apart, by stroking from the center of the face to the temples.
- Fingers of the hands make movements around the mouth in a clockwise direction.
- Stroking from the wings of the nose toward the temples.
- Movements are made around the eyes, affecting the area under the eyebrow.
- With the fingers of one hand, an 8 is drawn between the eyes. The second hand adheres to the skin on the temple.
- Stroking the forehead from the nose to the hairline.
- Vibrating movements are made from the middle of the forehead, the wings of the nose, the corners of the lips and the middle of the chin to the outside of the face.
Such techniques will help to give the skin a fresh look and elasticity, as well as prevent age-related changes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
Massage of Hope Kim
This type of massage tightens the skin, stimulates blood flow and forms the correct oval of the face.
The technique for performing this procedure is as follows:
- Stroking the face with your hands, while the thumbs should move down from the nose.
- Stroking from the lymph nodes in the area of the ears to the clavicles is performed.
- Stroking is performed from the area of the lips to the earlobes, and then slightly down to the chin.
- From the upper part of the nose stroking to the cheekbones and temples is performed.
- The middle and ring finger strokes around the eyes, so that the pattern resembles glasses and a figure 8. Then these same movements are performed with pressure in the area of the eyebrows.
- Stroking the forehead (from eyebrows to hair).
This massage is indicated for aging skin. It helps fight wrinkles and corrects facial contours.
The massage technique includes the following steps:
- Talc distribution on the skin of the face.
- Stroking from the chin to the ears, and then down the neck to the shoulders.
- Soft pressure on both sides of the chin and lower jaw area.
- Rhythmic pressure in the area under the cheekbones in different directions, starting from the center of the face.
- Pressure from lips to ears.
- Springy pressure on the zygomatic arch.
- Light pressure under the eyes from the bridge of the nose to the outer corners of the eyes.
- Light pressure in the area of the eyebrows.
- Vibrating movements from the center of the forehead to the temples.
The technique of this massage includes 3 main methods:
- Grip of the skin and subcutaneous layer with tweezers.
- Kneading trapped skin and subcutaneous muscles.
Massage is carried out along the massage lines in the above sequence. Before starting the procedure, you need to cleanse your face well. After the massage is completed, a soothing cream is applied to the skin.
This massage is also called vacuum. It provides blood and lymph flow, improves skin regeneration and reduces swelling.
Massage is performed using vacuum jars. Before massage, oil is applied to the cleansed face. After this, it is necessary to release air from the vacuum jar and attach it to the face. Then you need to smoothly move the jar in the face strictly along the massage lines. In this case, the skin may turn a little red from a rush of blood.
Vacuum massage is not used on the neck in the area of the thyroid gland, as well as in the eye area. It may be dangerous.
Banks are used only on the lateral muscles of the neck. After the procedure, it is advisable to apply a soothing cream.
Such massage helps to get rid of bruises and bags under the eyes, reduces swelling and removes toxins. This procedure is performed by soft circular movements, which are performed in the same direction as the lymph flow.
The technique for performing lymphatic drainage massage consists of 6 stages:
- Skin cleansing.
- Lightly stroking the skin.
- Kneading the skin. The goal of this phase of massage is to relax the muscles of the face. The procedure must be performed in a circular motion clockwise.
- Tapping. This technique prepares the skin for further stress.
- Pinching and vibrating movements. It stimulates blood circulation and helps restore skin.
- Stroking the skin. At this stage, it is important to calm the skin after exertion.
To remove toxins from the body after the procedure, it is recommended to drink more water.
The cost of massage in a beauty salon
The price of cosmetic facial massage depends on its type.
Average prices for cosmetic facial massage:
|Type of cosmetic massage||The average price of one procedure, usd.|
|Cosmetic massage with essential oils||2000|
|Massage “36 movements”||1700|
|Massage of Hope Kim||2000|
These types of facial massage have been effectively used in cosmetology for many years. Each of them has its own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. Choosing a massage course, it is necessary to consult a cosmetologist.
Video on the topic: types of facial massage in cosmetology
Types of facial massage: educational film: