A facial massage done at home is a way to always remain beautiful at the lowest cost. When performing massage it is important to follow the technique and listen to the opinion of cosmetologists regarding different types of massage.
- The benefits of facial massage
- Indications and contraindications
- Face preparation
- The basic rules of massage
- Techniques and types
- Lymphatic drainage
- Massage with spoons
- Ice massage
- Results and effectiveness of procedures
- Facial massage at home: video
The benefits of facial massage
Facial massage affects its different areas, thereby restoring the condition of those skin areas that are most in need. Performed at home, massage allows you to rejuvenate your face and tighten its oval.
Due to the fact that massage movements have a clear focus, blood and lymph in the body accelerate in such a way that it benefits the whole body, since there are many active points on the face, the effect on which is very favorable for the work of all body systems.
Indications and contraindications
A facial massage performed at home has indications and contraindications. Indications include:
- Sagging skin;
- Tired face;
- Fuzzy contours of the lips and oval face;
- Drooping eyelids;
- Lack of elasticity of the skin of the neck and decollete;
- Fine facial wrinkles.
As for contraindications, then cosmetologists include:
- The presence of hematomas, abrasions, irritation;
- Acne, redness, swelling of the skin;
- Painful condition of the skin;
- Postoperative and postpartum periods;
- Recent facelift, Botox, gold stitching and other surgical procedures.
If there is at least one of the listed reasons, you should abandon the massage for a while.
Before starting to do facial massage, you need to prepare the skin for the procedure. To do this:
- Rinse thoroughly with makeup;
- Cleanse the skin with a soft peeling;
- Steam your face by breathing over chamomile infusion or using a hot towel;
- Apply a light moisturizer to the face;
- Proceed to massage.
Instead of a cream, you can use cosmetic oils, which will greatly facilitate facial massage and help saturate the skin with the necessary vitamins.
The basic rules of massage
For facial massage to be successful, you need to follow the rules that will help to achieve the desired effect. Beauticians advise during facial massage:
- Create a cozy and relaxing environment;
- Turn on relaxing music. This will help relieve tension, respectively, all fluids in the body will circulate without tension;
- Stab hair or separate it from the face with a special tape;
- Put everything you need (cream, oils) for massage next to yourself;
- If the technique of the procedure requires pressing, then the first attempt at home is to press lightly to avoid bruising and bruising;
- The first session should be held for at least 5 minutes;
- All pressing, slapping, tweaking and patting should be done not at full strength;
- If you suddenly feel better during the procedure, you need to immediately stop it;
- Repeat the massage procedure 1 time per day or every other day;
- The course of massage should be at least 10-15 procedures.
A facial massage at home, performed in compliance with all the rules, can show better results than salon anti-aging procedures.
Techniques and types
Cosmetology has developed more than a dozen types and techniques of facial massages. Each type is beneficial for the skin in its own way and affects the entire face, without missing a single piece of skin. Differences between techniques in their origin and difficulty of repetition.
Classical facial massage is a unity of 4 types of effects on the face. Beauticians include:
- Actions that create vibration.
These types of effects on the skin can saturate it with oxygen and improve blood flow, which helps the skin to receive vitamins from the body and return to it a healthy glow.
The technique consists in stroking, rubbing, patting and “vibrating” impacts of the fingertips on the face along the lines of:
- From the corners of the lips to the ear;
- From chin to ear;
- From the wings of the nose to the ear;
- From the inner corners of the eyes to the outer, and vice versa;
- From the center of the forehead to the temples.
The facial massage technique, which arrived from Japan, is distinguished by a profound effect on the muscles of the face and blood flow, due to which the face acquires clear contours and a fresh look. When performing this technique, you need to be especially careful, since it is forbidden to touch and massage the lymph nodes located on the face and neck.
- Massage the line from the nasolabial folds to the chin with your fists.
- With wide fists, it is easy to press on the skin along the line from the cheekbones to the ears.
- Use your fingertips to massage the chin, then go to the corners of the mouth, then to the wings of the nose and at the end to the ears.
- By pressing the fingers of one hand, massage the cheek, and with the other hand – massage the line from the ear to the chin.
The difference between the technique is that the auxiliary components of this type of massage are grindings, infusions and oil complexes that help restore the skin. They are used during the procedure.
The technique for performing this procedure does not differ from classical massage. But the difference is that a classic facial massage is performed with fingertips, and American with knuckles, along the same lines.
This type of massage combines different techniques. This massage is used if necessary, a quick facelift and lip volume without surgical intervention. This type of massage is considered anti-aging.
Technique and stages of massage:
- Relax and relax the body with aromatic oils and music.
- Using a circular motion, usd your entire face
with your fingers, from the chin to the forehead.
- Repeat the same movements with the edge of the palm of your hand with more pressure.
- In the same direction to make pinch movements.
- Repeat rubbing.
Tibetan massage is a rejuvenating complex, aimed not only at the face, but also over the whole body. The peculiarity of this massage is that all the movements of the technique are performed synchronously with the heart.
All rhythms in the body coincide with circular, tapping and other actions on the face. This massage is necessarily done by the course.
using Tibetan technologies is easy to repeat at home:
- By stroking and lightly tapping the fingers, massage the line from the bottom of the neck to its top.
- Rub your ears in a circular motion with your finger.
- Use tapping movements to draw lines from the nose to the forehead and from the nose to the temples.
- Massage the lines from the chin to the temples and from the nose to them.
- It is easy to tap along the line above the upper eyelid, then under the lower eyelid.
Another name for this type of massage is “plastic without a knife”, which describes its effect.
His technique is as follows:
- Start from the forehead, smoothing it from the point between the eyebrows, gradually heading towards the hairline.
- The movements need to be repeated several times, then go on to the eyelids, which should also be massaged with light smoothing movements. The skin of the eyelids is very delicate, so special care must be taken.
This technique requires a course application: every 6 months for 15 procedures.
Vacuum massage allows not only smoothing the skin, but also accelerating the release of toxins and other harmful substances from it. The essence of this massage is that with the help of special rubber jars or an electric appliance, a vacuum is created in a certain place on the face.
After that, the jar or device moves throughout the face, maintaining a vacuum throughout its area. Thus, the skin comes in tone and straightens.
It is important to follow the procedure to observe the correct pressure inside the jar so that there are no bruises from strong retraction. To purchase such jars is an opportunity in a pharmacy.
For massage, gently squeeze the jar before applying to the face, leave it for a few seconds and also gently release the jar, easing the vacuum. Do not do vacuum massage in the eye and eyelids.
This massage allows you to make lymph circulate faster, thereby removing excess fluid from the body. Beauticians use two options for this type of massage:
- Manual . It is important to have strong hands that can withstand stress for a long time.
- Using the device . The tool adapts to each individually.
The technique of performing facial massage is feasible at home:
- First you need to warm your face with a light rubbing of your palms.
- Next, the massage smoothly moves from the top of the face down through rubbing, working out every inch of skin.
Thus, the movement of lymph will be directed in a given cycle, and harmful substances will come out much faster. During the massage, you can use light oil so that movements along the face do not bring discomfort.
The advantage of this type of massage is that it can be done at any age. It is advisable to start at 23 years old, when the skin is still young and easy to correct.
Lifting massage is the same lymphatic drainage massage with the use of additional nutrients. To make it, you need to decide which mask will be used as the basis. Then apply a mask and perform the same movements that are used with lymphatic drainage technique.
The essence of this massage is in the force effect on the active points of the face. To do this, it is important to know where these points are and correctly press on them:
- The left side of the forehead.
- Right eyebrow.
- The outer and inner corners of the right eye.
- Interbrow area.
- Lines above and below the left eye.
- Line parallel to the wings of the noses on the right cheek.
- The left wing of the nose.
- Points above and below the center of the lips.
- The right corner of the lips.
- Line on the chin on the left side.
- Neck lines.
For each point, certain fingers are used. This type of facial massage should not be repeated at home, as there is a high probability of erroneous movements.
If the massage is done by a professional, then by properly acting on active points, he will be able to make the body begin the process of self-rejuvenation and self-healing.
This massage technique can be applied to teenagers with problematic skin. Plastic facial massage should be done exclusively in the salon, only after the salon course the result will be noticeable. Due to the active effect on the face, the skin turns red after massage and may swell. But it goes away after a couple of days.
At home, from this massage it is not always possible to achieve the desired effect.
This type of massage is used not only to rejuvenate the skin, but also to help people who have had a stroke. Its essence is the effect on the muscles of the face by smoothing and kneading.
Sometimes when performing this technique painful sen
sations are possible.
It is allowed to start this massage from the age of 25, for younger girls cosmetology prohibits such procedures.
Sculptural facial massage is simple in technology, and it is really possible to repeat it at home:
- Steam the face and apply massage.
- Gently stretch your face.
- Massage the cheeks with circular motions of the fingertips.
- Make tingling along the contour of the face.
- Make light strokes all over the face.
Myofascial massage is a method of circular facelift without the use of a scalpel. The essence of this massage is that it acts on the membrane of muscles and tissues – myofascia. The movements of the master make the blood and lymph move more actively through the skin cells, thereby tightening the muscles.
This type of massage has contraindications:
- Problems with the vessels;
- Recent heart attack or stroke;
- High or low blood pressure.
If there are no contraindications, massage should be performed in this way:
- Apply massage product and stretch your entire face.
- Make twisting movements under the chin and in the ear area.
- Massage with stretching movements of the forehead and cheekbones.
It follows from the name of the massage that its main technique is pinching the skin. The tweaks can be of different strengths, but you should not overdo it with them, this will not help to achieve the desired effect in a short time.
You can start doing such a massage from 22-23 years old, it will help maintain skin tone, and will always give it a healthy glow. Before starting the massage, the skin should be thoroughly cleaned of cosmetics and moisturized with a light cream.
A pinch massage starts from the forehead and gradually descends. Extreme care must be taken with the area under the eyes, as there is very delicate skin, which may cause bruising. Upon completion of the massage, calm the skin with strokes.
Massage with spoons
This type of facial massage is easy to carry out at home. There is one important requirement: the spoons for the procedure must be clean and treated with an antiseptic.
Before the massage, you need to cleanse the skin of impurities and prepare the mixture, which will be used for massage. It can be honey and olive oil or any other cosmetic oil.
spoons need to be heated and maintained at their temperature throughout the massage, periodically dipping them in oil or cream.
They need to tap and stroke the areas in turn:
- Nasolabial folds;
- Nose bones.
This type of facial massage is the most convenient for performing at home. It can be made with pieces of ice or frozen herbal decoction with the addition of oil.
The skin should be cleaned before massage. The massage itself is a stroking of the skin of the face with ice along the classic massage lines. It is best to do the procedure in the morning: a massage will energize the skin and give it a fresh look for the whole day.
Results and effectiveness of procedures
A facial massage performed at home will be effective only in the case of a course. A minimum of 10 procedures must be performed.
Also, do not rely on one massage as a way to quickly rejuvenate. You also need to more often walk in the fresh air, switch to a healthy diet, do physical exercises. This will help the body tune into an active lifestyle and start the processes of maintaining muscle tone of the body and face.
Facial massage at home: video
Classic facial massage
How to do facial massage
At home, you can carry out facial massage in the most suitable technique and remain beautiful and well-groomed. It is important not to harm the skin by excessive pressure on it and to comply with all the requirements of the selected technique.