Bergamot oil, due to its properties and an exquisite smell, is used in perfumes, cooking and aromatherapy. Raw materials are mainly obtained from leaves, inflorescences and multilayer peels. Due to the fact that there is not so much oil extract in the end, the product is valued quite expensive.
- Chemical composition
- Useful properties of bergamot oil
- Applications for Bergamot Oil
- The magical properties of bergamot oil
- Aromatherapy with bergamot oil
- Bergamot oil inside
- Bergamot oil to fight colds
- Cold sore
- From inflammation of the oral mucosa
- With psoriasis
- From eczema
- With chickenpox in children and adults
- From varicose veins
- With cystitis
- Bergamot oil in gynecology
- Bergamot oil from Giardia
- Bergamot oil for cellulite
- Aromatic baths
- Application in cosmetology
- For Tan
- During pregnancy
- Contraindications and limitations
- Possible harm
- Where can I buy
- Bergamot Oil Video
Bergamot (bitter orange) contains the following components:
- linalool and linalyl acetate give the extract a special aroma, and also have useful and healing characteristics;
- limonene (terpene hydrocarbon) is a disinfectant and is used for the preparation of cosmetics;
- furocoumarins have a photosensitizing effect, activate skin pigmentation and help to acquire a uniform tan;
- such substances as bergaptol, nerol, pinene and bergapten are used in cosmetology, pharmaceuticals and perfumes;
- alimentary fiber;
- a small amount of protein and fat;
- trace elements.
Useful properties of bergamot oil
Bergamot oil, the properties and application of which have been studied by specialists, has such useful characteristics:
- strengthens the immune system;
- normalizes blood pressure;
- improves appetite;
- stabilizes blood circulation;
- activates metabolism;
Applications for Bergamot Oil
|Cosmetical tools||Degreases||Relieves fat without damaging the skin|
|Alcohol industry||Destroys toxins||It has a tonic effect, reduces the risk of alcohol intoxication|
|Pharmacology||Disinfects||Increases the effect of certain drugs|
|Perfumery||Flavoring||Use as a fragrance, has a citrus smell|
|Pest protection||Repellent||Protects from insects|
|Cookery||Natural ingredient||It has a pleasant taste and aroma|
|Cosmetology||Tones up||Refreshes the skin, improves its elasticity and tone.|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
The magical properties of bergamot oil
Oily extract from bergamot is used in the implementation of magic rituals. Citrus extract attracts love and helps to keep it.
It is also used in the following cases:
- to eradicate longing for a loved one;
- to improve peace and understanding;
- restore peace of mind;
- when carrying out rituals on material well-being, health and good luck;
- to enhance the aura;
- extract promotes success in creativity and learning;
- cleans the space;
- destroys an aggressive human environment;
- baths with ether will help to protect from damage and the evil eye.
Aromatherapy with bergamot oil
Bergamot oil has healing properties and is used in aromatherapy.
The tool helps:
- relieve fatigue, emotional and physical stress;
- stabilizes the state of the nervous system;
- eliminates headaches;
- relieves drowsiness and self-doubt;
- improves mood and mental activity;
The method of conducting a treatment session:
- Combine 5 drops of oil extract with a small volume of water.
- Pour the composition into the aroma lamp.
- Perform the procedure for 15-20 minutes.
- In the future, the dose can be increased to 15 cap.
So that a citrus aroma accompanies a person throughout the whole day, it is necessary to pour 3 cap. essential fluid.
To make an aromatic bath, you must:
- Combine 1 large tablespoons of fat sour cream with 6 cap. bergamot oil
- Dilute the composition in 1 tablespoon. some hot water and mix thoroughly.
- The resulting liquid should be poured into a bath of warm water.
- The duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes.
Bergamot oil inside
An oil extract from a bitter orange is taken orally. You can consume the product only if the instructions indicate that the product is suitable for internal use.
A few recipes for using essential oil in this way:
- It is necessary to combine 4 drops of bergamot extract with 1 large tablespoons of honey and consume for 30 minutes. before meals 3 time. per day for a month. This method helps to cure urogenital diseases, colds, reduce appetite and increase immunity.
- Mix 2 cap. funds in 1 small tablespoons of raspberry jam. This combination will help:
- get rid of dystonic signs;
- increase the protective activity of the body;
- stabilize digestion;
- improve blood circulation;
- relieve spasms in the intestines.
Bergamot oil to fight colds
You can cure a cold in the following ways:
- Rubbing. It is necessary to add 10 drops in 2 large tablespoons of base oil (any). bergamot oil and 3 cap. eucalyptus hood. The prepared composition needs to grind the body for 10 minutes. Manipulation should be carried out at the first sign of a cold, with a frequency of 1 day. This activates a weakened immune system, relieves inflammation in the airways and lowers the temperature.
- Rinse. In 1 tablespoon. slightly heated water you need to dilute 1 small spoonful of honey and 3 drops. oily extract from bitter orange. Gargling with liquid is recommended every 4 hours. The procedure should be carried out until the pain disappears.
- Inhalation. In a small saucepan, heat the water and drip there 4 drops. ether. Soar at a distance of 5’9 inch from the dishes, while covering your head with a towel. Inhalation should be done daily for 7-10 minutes. with eyes closed. You need to breathe with your nose and mouth in turn.
Bergamot oil, the properties and application of which help to cure herpes, is used in this way:
- When the first signs of herpes appear, it is recommended to apply a little bergamot ether to the affected areas of $ 0,03. per day. Stop using the product when the itching and blisters disappear. The antiseptic characteristics of the drug will help get rid of the virus that causes the disease, and the anti-inflammatory properties produce point cauterization of existing inflamed foci.
- To prepare a medicinal product, you need to combine 3 cap. ether of bitter orange and tea tree, 4 cap. lavender and 5 small spoons of tincture of marigolds. Mix all components thoroughly. Then moisten a cotton swab in the solution and apply it to the problem area.
- If the rashes are located on the genitals, it is recommended to take a healing warm bath, adding a mixture of eucalyptus, bergamot and tea tree oils to it. In order to cure herpes of type 2 in the same zone, in this composition you need to increase the content of bitter orange ether.
- Blisters are advised to lubricate with alcohol tincture made from alcohol and bergamot oil extract in the ratio of 0,17 fluid ounce of alcohol to 4 drops. healing fluid. For local treatment of the affected skin surface, this solution should be diluted in 0,3 gallon. slightly warmed up water.
From inflammation of the oral mucosa
In inflammatory processes of the mucous surfaces in the oral cavity, the following solution is used:
- In 1 tablespoon. drip water 4 cap. ether of bitter orange. Rinse the prepared solution with a mouth should be 2 time. per day, until the abscesses disappear.
- Rinse the oral cavity with a tool made from 1 tablespoon. warm water or herbal infusion, 1 teaspoons honey and 4 cap. bergamot ether. Procedures must be done every hour.
The treatment of psoriasis involves a prescription:
- You need to make a composition of 2 large tablespoons of almond oil and 5 drops. oil extracts from bergamot.
- Then, the finished composition should cover the affected skin areas until the rashes completely disappear.
This method does not harm the skin and the general condition of the body, and also does not provoke addiction, and therefore it can be used for any period.
Therapeutic techniques for eczema suggest:
- Applications. Need to drip in 1 tablespoon. slightly warmed water for 2 cap. ether of bitter orange and juniper. In the resulting solution, moisten gauze folded in 3 layers. Keep on the affected area for 25 minutes. Manipulations should be performed daily, they will relieve inflammation, itching and relieve irritation.
- Bergamot oil extract will help get rid of the fungus . For this, 5 cap. funds must be added to any emulsifier and used as one of the components of the foot baths.
- A bath with this healing component will remove inflammation and have a beneficial effect on the skin. To do this, 6 cap. dissolve ether in sea salt, honey or cream and pour into the prepared bath. The therapeutic session is not more than 30 minutes.
With chickenpox in children and adults
Bergamot oil, the properties and application of which contribute to the healing of chickenpox, is taken as follows:
- A bath will help get rid of itching in children, where they add a mixture of essential oils: 2 drops each. chamomile and tea tree, as well as 1 cap. eucalyptus, lavender and bitter orange. Using this bath reduces the risk of skin scars. Do the procedure should be 2 time. per week until final recovery.
- In adults, the disease is severe, with high fever, soreness, and blistering. To improve health, you need to add 3 cap. tea tree ether and 1 cap. lavender, chamomile and bergamot.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
From varicose veins
For the treatment of varicose veins, compresses are made to improve blood circulation and eliminate fatigue.
- Connect 10 cap. oil extract of bitter orange and 1 tablespoon. water.
- In the resulting solution, moisten a gauze swab and put on areas with an expanded venous network.
- After rewinding the treated areas with elastic tape.
- Hold the compress for 30 minutes.
- The procedure to perform 3 time. per week for 1 month.
With cystitis do healing baths:
- In 2 tablespoon of sea salt you need to dilute 5 cap. sandalwood, tea tree and bergamot oils. Pour the finished composition into slightly heated water and take the procedure for 20 minutes. The treatment course is 1 time. per week for 2 months.
- Oil mixture of 3 cap. bitter orange, fennel, juniper and lavender dissolved in special salt, cream or honey. Add the mixture to the hot tub and take it in a sitting position for 15 minutes. The same composition is used in the sauna.
Bergamot oil in gynecology
Recipes that use bergamot extract in gynecology:
- With thrush. 2-3 cap. the remedy must be mixed in 0,3 gallon of heated water. Flush irritated areas of the vagina with a liquid. It is not recommended to do this procedure often.
- To facilitate PMS. It is necessary to mix 4 cap. ether of bergamot and sage 2 cap. petitgrain. Combine the mixture with 0,34 fluid ounce jojoba oil. The finished composition should be applied in the solar plexus and wrists.
- For the treatment of inflammatory processes in the female urogenital apparatus, 6-10 cap. oily bergamot liquid and 1 teaspoons baking soda in 0,1 gallon of boiled water cooled to a warm state. The resulting liquid is recommended to be douched.
Bergamot oil from Giardia
To heal giardiasis, an oil bergamot extract is additionally prescribed:
- Combine 1 small spoonful of honey with 3 cap. oils. Instead of a honey product, you can use refined sugar.
- Take the drug inside, do not eat or drink for 40 minutes. after taking.
- Course duration – 1 week.
To get rid of parasitic giardiasis, you can prepare a decoction of rhizomes of dandelion or aspen leaves in combination with ether of bitter orange.
Bergamot oil for cellulite
Bergamotic oily extract narrows skin pores, stabilizes the activity of sweat and sebaceous glands, and also activates natural cleansing processes and renews the skin. Against cellulite, a composition of 10 g of the base component and 5-7 cap. the above means. The solution is applied to problem areas with massage movements.
Types of aromatic baths with bergamot:
- Soothing. Relieves emotional stress and moisturizes the skin of the body. Combine 11,83 fluid ounce of warmed milk with 10 drops. ether. Take a bath for 15 minutes. 1 time. per week for 1 month.
- Salt. It removes excess fluid from the body, fights stress and nourishes the skin. 200 g of bath salt mix with 10 drops. oil hood. Reception time – 15 minutes. 2 time. in Week.
- To relieve fatigue and depression, make a solution of 11,83 fluid ounce of wine (preferably white) and 3 drops. ether of bitter orange and rosemary. Take a bath should be in the same way as in the previous recipe.
- Anti-inflammatory. Eliminates various spots, acne and irritation. To prepare it, mix 11,83 fluid ounce of apple cider vinegar with 3 drops. oily substance. Perform the procedure for 10 minutes. 1 time. per week for 3 months.
Application in cosmetology
Bergamot oil, the properties and application of which are well established when performing home cosmetic procedures, is indicated for strengthening and shine of hair:
- Mix 0,51 fluid ounce of burdock oil with 2 cap. oily bitter orange extract. Cover with curls, put on a rubber cap and wrap your head in a towel. Leave the mixture for an hour, then rinse with shampoo.
- Take a wooden comb and drip a few drops of oil on it. When combing, it is necessary to disperse the composition over the entire hair surface.
- To deeply nourish the skin, you need to make a mixture of 0,17 fluid ounce of jojoba and 0,51 fluid ounce of grape oil, diluting them with 3 drops. bergamot oil. Cover skin for 10 min.
- To narrow the pores, beat 1 protein and add 5 cap. bitter orange. Apply on face for 10 minutes.
- To enrich skincare cosmetics, experts advise adding bergamot essential oil in the amount of 4 cap. extract per 1 serving.
- You can make baths for hands in which to drip 3 cap. oily hood. The duration of the manipulation is 20 minutes.
- To strengthen the nail bed, before the manicure should make a mask of 2 cap. ether of myrrh, 3 cap. bergamot and ylang-ylang, 4 cap. lavender and 1,01 fluid ounce of almond oil.
- Every day you need to usd for 1 minute. in nails and cuticle area 1-2 cap. medicinal oily extract.
Specialists do not recommend using a bergamot hood for tanning. The product is considered to be phototoxic and, under the influence of ultraviolet light, can release elements of the decomposition of toxic substances that provoke the appearance of pigmentation, dermatological rashes and tumors on the skin.
Bergamot is used in cooking, and is used as a flavor for such products:
- Tea can relieve stress and fatigue. This drink is not advisable to combine with milk and lemon. It should be brewed at the rate of 1 small tablespoons of the bergamot mixture per 6,76 fluid ounce of water. Keep clean water on the stove until bubbles begin to rise to the surface. Then cool the liquid a little and pour into the teapot. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Flavored dessert wines. Here for 1 bottle you need to add 1 cap. ether. Hold the corked container for 3 days, then open.
- Salad. To prepare it, it is necessary to rinse the herbs and place for 3 minutes. in dishes in which 1 drop of oil extract is diluted in 1 teaspoons. salt.
- Jam. During cooling, cooked foods 1 cap. Bergamot extract must be dripped into it and mixed thoroughly.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
During pregnancy, bergamot essential oil is used as a therapeutic flavor; it is not recommended to be taken orally.
Ways of treatment:
- You can gargle with a solution prepared from 1 small tablespoons of honey dissolved in 1 tablespoon. warm water. 3 drop
s should be dripped into the mixture. ether.
- To reduce body temperature during colds, a cold lotion should be applied to the calves. It is made from 0,1 gallon. water, 1 teaspoons milk and 10 cap. oil extract from bitter orange.
In undiluted condition, essential bergamot oil is forbidden to use, since it can provoke a burn of the mucous membrane.
Contraindications and limitations
Bitter orange oil is contraindicated in such cases:
- acute ailments of the gastrointestinal tract;
- internal intake during pregnancy;
- children under 12 years old;
- lactation period;
- lack of potassium in the body;
- kidney disease.
Bergamot can be dangerous:
- furocoumarins contained in the product cause a large pigmentation of the epidermis;
- on sensitive skin, the substance can cause burns, especially in the summer;
- apply oil to the skin surface at least 1 hour before exposure to the sun;
- Healing tea is not recommended for people with sensitive dreams, because it tones up too much;
- with excessive intake, aggressiveness, allergy, depression and gastrointestinal irritation may appear.
Where can I buy
You can buy essential bergamot extract in a pharmacy network, a specialized cosmetic point of sale or an online store. The cost of the product varies in the price range from $ 0,68 – $ 2,7. per 0,34 fluid ounce.
Criteria for choosing a medicinal product:
- Label. The inscription should indicate that this is a natural product, and in addition to indicate from which botanical plant the oil was made. In Latin, it sounds like “Essential oil”. If the product contains synthetic substances, then “Fragrances oil” is written.
- The bubble should be dark. Sunlight reduces the quality of the drug.
- Structure. The instruction should inform about the content in percentage of the base and essential oil.
- The aroma. The smell should be clean, not very pungent, without unnecessary impurities.
Bergamot oil has a very large list of useful properties. The tool has found wide application in various fields and is deservedly popular.
Bergamot Oil Video
About the beneficial properties of bergamot oil: