Ultrasonic toothbrush reduces the risk of problems with the dentition due to their regular and high-quality cleaning. This device makes the whole process simple, but at the same time highly efficient.
- How does an ultrasonic toothbrush work
- Ultrasound Brush Efficiency
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Are there any contraindications
- How to choose the ultrasound brush
- How to choose a brush for a child
- Proper use of the brush
- How does ultrasound affect enamel
- Ultrasonic Toothbrush for Diseases of the Oral Cavity
- Ultrasonic or electric: which brush is better
- What nozzles exist
- Review of popular ultrasound toothbrushes
- Philips Sonicare
- Donfeel HSD-005
- Emmi dent
- Asahi Irica AU300D
- Omron Sonic Electric Toothbrush Chou Micro Vibrato Ht-b201 by Omron
- VES Kenwell RST2062
- EMMI-DENT 6 Professional
- Colgate 360 °
- Dentists Recommendations
- Ultrasonic Toothbrushes Video
How does an ultrasonic toothbrush work
The toothbrush, which works using ultrasound, almost does not differ in appearance from ordinary heads with bristles. The difference is the presence of the motor, which is responsible for its operation and the safe range of the ultrasonic wave.
Each brush has a built-in microprocessor, which once every 30 seconds creates sound vibrations at a frequency of 1.6 MHz. Oscillations are created by a piezoceramic plate at a distance that does not exceed 5/32 inch from the bristles. The speed of the bristles can be equal to 100 million in 60 seconds.
Such work provides the following:
- mechanical cleaning of the dentition from plaque;
- impact on inaccessible places due to 5/32 inch of capture of space around a brush.
Ultrasound Brush Efficiency
In the process of cleansing the teeth with a brush that works with ultrasound, an increase in the temperature of the oral cavity by 1 degree occurs. Due to this, the course of all processes is accelerated, this is achieved due to the expansion of blood vessels and improved blood microcirculation in the tissues of the oral cavity.
This process increases the effectiveness of all tools for cleaning teeth and caring for them. In addition, the effect of ultrasound allows you to effectively remove all types of plaque on the teeth, even tobacco.
Proper use of this tool benefits the mucosa:
- the manifestation of pain syndromes is reduced;
- vasospasm is relieved;
- scars on the gums dissolve.
Advantages and disadvantages
Experts argue that a toothbrush that acts on the oral cavity through ultrasonic waves is more effective than ordinary brushes.
This is evidenced by its numerous advantages:
- in addition to teeth, a thorough cleaning of the entire oral cavity occurs;
- bacteria are destroyed;
- the whole process of toothbrushing is reduced by 2 times, and its quality is improved;
- due to the heat generated during the operation of such a brush, there is an improvement in blood circulation, due to it, fluorine present in pastes penetrates better into enamel;
- suitable for use when wearing braces, for owners of sensitive teeth and problem gums.
Disadvantages of an ultrasonic brush:
- the occurrence of bleeding gums due to their increased sensitivity;
- high cost of the brush (from 3000 to $ 0,16 – $ 204);
- the likelihood of acquiring a fake, which may not bring any benefit or even harm the teeth and oral cavity.
Are there any contraindications
You should not purchase such a device if there are such contraindications:
- Period of pregnancy.
- Wearing a pacemaker.
- Tumors of a benign nature in the oral cavity.
- The initial stages of caries.
- Inflammation of the gums and mucous membranes of various kinds.
- The fineness of tooth enamel of a natural nature.
- The presence of fillings, dentures and veneers.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to choose the ultrasound brush
An ultrasonic brush differs from the dental complexity of the device, you need to choose it carefully, paying attention to such points:
- convenience: the model should fit well in the hand, not be too bulky or heavy;
- the presence of an indicator that will count the time of operation, and emit a sound signal;
- if necessary, you can purchase a tool equipped with a head that can rotate;
- the presence of a device on which the brush will be charged;
- consider the presence of children in the family for whom the purchase of a special model is required.
How to choose a brush for a child
An ultrasound brush can also be used in childhood. The main thing is to do without it at a time when the dentition is not fully formed (teeth change from milk to permanent), because ultrasound may well disrupt the metabolism responsible for bone growth.
In general, ultrasonic cleaning is acceptable in children from 3 years of age, under the constant supervision of parents, the constant use of this device is possible no earlier than after 9 years.
Choosing a tool for children should be given the following:
- if the child is being brushed by an adult, the handle should be of a size that is convenient for the parent;
- the bristles should be soft or very soft;
- the timer is considered a mandatory function that allows you to correctly distribute the time of toothbrushing.
Proper use of the brush
An ultrasonic toothbrush, like an ordinary toothbrush, requires proper use:
- first you need to familiarize yourself with the instructions;
- apply toothpaste to the surface of the bristles;
- turn on the device;
- divide the entire oral cavity into 6 equal sections, each of which needs to be processed sequentially;
- after the timer signal, you need to start a new section;
- after completion of the process, you need to rinse your mouth;
- wash the brush and dry thoroughly.
How does ultrasound affect enamel
The likelihood of damage to the enamel is almost 0, but the degree of cleansing significantly exceeds the work of an ordinary brush.
Ultrasound affects only the tooth surface, enamel is not exposed to absolutely no danger on his part.
Ultrasonic Toothbrush for Diseases of the Oral Cavity
A toothbrush that has an ultrasonic effect on the oral cavity can have a po
werful therapeutic effect on the mucosa. It consists in enhancing blood circulation, due to which tissue regeneration processes are faster.
However, the use of this device during a period when an active phase of an inflammatory disease of the oral cavity is observed (the presence of gingivitis, stomatitis or periodontitis) is unacceptable.
Because it can lead to an aggravation of an existing problem. It is better to wait until the disease goes away and only then, after consulting with the dentist, use such a brush.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Ultrasonic or electric: which brush is better
Going to purchase a modern device for cleaning teeth, each buyer faces a difficult choice: which brush to prefer, ordinary electric or working, by means of ultrasonic exposure.
Electric view is the most common. This brush carries out rotational movements with the help of an electric drive . Models of more complex structures, in addition to rotations, can carry out pulsation, due to which mechanical cleaning of the tooth surface is carried out.
An ultrasonic brush uses the same type of effect, due to which it allows to achieve such goals:
- qualitatively clean the tooth surface;
- choose the optimal speed;
- save time spent on dental hygiene;
- spend less toothpaste;
- accelerate blood circulation in the vessels of the oral cavity;
- apply it to a sensitive category of teeth;
- prevent the development of bacteria in the oral cavity.
However, this type of brush is able to adversely affect sealed teeth. The smallest ultrasonic vibrations erase the boundaries between bone tissue and filling material, which significantly reduces the life of the latter. In addition, such tools are not recommended for use in the presence of dentures and crowns.
In general, both types of brushes are able to qualitatively clean the surface of the teeth. In the presence of limited cash, it is better to purchase an electric option, in the opposite case – ultrasonic.
What nozzles exist
Toothbrushes that create an ultrasonic effect have several types of nozzles, each of which can be used in a particular case.
Types of nozzles:
- with soft bristles: the degree of hardness is minimal, which makes it possible to use in the oral cavity with sensitive teeth. Such a nozzle allows you to brush your teeth up to 5 times a day, in addition, it can be used by children and patients after recently transferred dental operations;
- with medium stiff bristles : the bristles are a little stiffer here, they can be of the same or zigzag length. Such a nozzle has good flexibility, perfectly cleans the interdental space and the surface of the teeth. In addition, it is absolutely safe for gums.
Ultrasonic brushes do not have hard nozzles, as they can damage the surface of the teeth and mucous membranes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Review of popular ultrasound toothbrushes
This brand is today among the leaders in the dental products market; all dentists actively recommend brushes of the company.
- speed of movements (in 2 minutes more than a simple brush performs within a month);
- elimination of plaque in the interdental space;
- removal of germs on the gum line;
- after 14 days of use, mucosal health improves;
- removal of the maximum amount of plaque on the teeth;
- return of lost teeth whiteness;
- average price category (from $ 41 – $ 163, depending on configuration).
Such a brush is used at home for daily cleaning of the tooth surface.
Advantages of the model:
- careful removal of plaque, including from tobacco, as well as tartar of medium strength;
- high-quality cleaning of the surface of the teeth in the presence of braces, as well as inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity;
- excellent job in cleaning hard to reach places;
- decreased tooth sensitivity;
- the presence of several nozzles in the kit.
- compliance with international standards and excellent test results at the international level;
- High quality plastic outer casing.
The price of such a device is about $ 204.
The device of this model has an important distinguishing feature: antibacterial effect on the surface of the teeth and gums, which prevents the development of inflammatory diseases and caries.
- effective cleansing due to the combined effects of: sound and ultrasound;
- high antibacterial effect;
- beneficial effect on the mucous membrane, gums and tooth surface.
The cost of such a set varies between $ 29 – $ 80.
This model is at the peak of popularity. This is one of the latest developments by specialists from Germany.
- simultaneous cleaning and polishing of the tooth surface;
- removal of tartar;
- oral disinfection;
- prevention of oral diseases;
- ideal for cleaning teeth on which orthodontic structures are installed.
The cost of this toothbrush is about $ 170.
Asahi Irica AU300D
The ultrasonic brush of this model actively cleanses the dentition due to 96 million vibrations per second.
This device has 3 operating modes:
In addition, the model is distinguished by the presence of 3 nozzles, each of which is stored in a separate case. The charging station for it is a non-contact device, and the brush itself has an original design.
Advantages of the model:
- preventive action to prevent the development of inflammation;
- decreased sensitivity and bleeding of teeth and gums;
- destruction of plaque on the smallest atoms and its removal;
- elimination of bacteria.
This brush is distinguished by the support of GOST of USA, the presence of ultrasonic exposure is documented. The average cost of the device is $ 116.
This is not just a brush, but an entire device equipped with several functions that allow you to turn home dental care into a professional. This device can work both from a network, and from the accumulator. The cleaning head is closed by a cap that reliably protects it from dust particles.
The brush has 2 operating modes, having tried which, you can choose the optimal one for yourself.
- wide range of functions;
- high frequency ultrasound;
- the presence of a 30 second timer;
- auto power off after 2 minutes of standby mode;
- work without recharging up to one and a half months.
The cost of such a brush is $ 129.
VES Kenwell RST2062
Ultrasound-based brush from KENWELL includes the latest developments from leading scientists and dentists. This model is charged through an induction device, which eliminates the presence of wires. This feature ensures complete safety of its operation, even in conditions of high humidity in the bathroom.
The device includes: a charging device and interchangeable nozzles.
Features of the model:
- the presence of a timer for 2 minutes;
- the ability to set an intermediate signal after 30 seconds;
- indication of operating modes on the device handle;
- the ability to change modes, including ripple, normal and soft cleaning options.
The cost of such a brush is $ 34.
EMMI-DENT 6 Professional
This ultrasonic brush incorporates 2 replaceable heads, a special nozzle to eliminate tartar.
In addition, the kit comes with toothpaste and special pills that allow you to determine the presence of plaque.
The piezo plate in this brush is located directly under the removable head, which confirms the manufacturers statement about the presence of ultrasound in this device.
Features of the device:
- lack of harmful effects on enamel;
- the presence of microbubbles ensuring sterility of cleaning;
- the ability to clean periodontal pockets;
- ability to handle braces;
- applicable in the presence of implants.
The average cost of the product is $ 171.
This manufacturer has long established itself as an expert in the dental industry.
Toothbrush has a number of positive aspects:
- ultrasound safety;
- suppression of pathogenic microflora in the oral cavity;
- the possibility of delicate brushing;
- the presence of 5 nozzles;
- more than 40000 ripples in 1 second;
- breath freshening.
Such a device can be purchased for $ 204.
Colgate 360 °
The ultrasonic brushes of this brand are distinguished by such advantages:
- compactness and convenience of storage;
- the presence of corrugations on the handle, which prevents its accidental slipping;
- the presence of non-standard heads that have a stable and rotating nozzle;
- effective plaque removal;
- the oscillation frequency is 20000 units that destroy bacterial plaque and loosen tartar;
- bristles have smooth tips, which excludes cases of trauma to gums and enamel;
- low consumption of toothpaste.
The price of such a model starts at $ 20.
Acquiring an ultrasonic-sensitive toothbrush is a serious step towards a healthy smile. To make it as safe as possible, you need to follow some recommendations of dentists.
These are the following expert advice:
- compulsory examination of the dentist before buying the device;
- inadmissibility of using nozzles with hard bristles to preserve the integrity of enamel;
- obligatory supervision of children during brushing with a similar device;
- analysis of the features of different models and thoughtful choice of your own instance.
Ultrasonic Toothbrushes Video
How it works: ultrasonic toothbrush:
Ultrasonic toothbrush: how to choose the right one: