Modern cosmetology offers many ways to prolong the youth of the face. One of the most popular is the laser skin rejuvenation procedure. Choosing this method, among other cosmetic procedures, it is worth understanding what it is. It will not be superfluous to study in detail the pros and cons, as well as see the results: before and after photos.
- What is laser facial rejuvenation
- Benefits of Laser Rejuvenation
- Indications for laser rejuvenation
- Side effects
- Types of Procedure
- Ablative resurfacing
- Non-ablative lift
- Fractional Laser Rejuvenation
- Laser biorevitalization
- Rejuvenation of the skin around the eyes
- Preparation for the procedure
- Stages of laser rejuvenation
- Vascular laser
- Neodymium laser
- Procedure Efficiency
- Recommended Frequency
- Skin care after the procedure
- Possible complications of rehabilitation
- Opinions of cosmetologists about the procedure
- Laser face rejuvenation video
What is laser facial rejuvenation
We begin to understand the issue of laser facial rejuvenation, what it is, the pros and cons. Before and after the procedure, the skin of the face looks completely different. Manipulations on the skin of the face with a laser trigger the natural process of cell rejuvenation in the deep layers of the dermis.
The basis of this method is the thermal effect on the skin. Each patient is individually selected temperature and depth of exposure to the beam. The consequence of this effect is the death of obsolete skin cells, microscopic wounds are formed, which are forced to “tighten” the remaining viable cells.
Thus, the very process of skin rejuvenation is launched. The production of collagen and elastin increases. The results of the procedure are noticeable immediately after its completion, but to obtain the desired result, it is necessary to conduct a course of procedures.
Benefits of Laser Rejuvenation
While studying the question of what is laser facial rejuvenation, you need to carefully familiarize yourself with the pros and cons of this method. It may happen that the result before the procedure is better than after it.
The benefits of laser rejuvenation are as follows:
- A good alternative to surgery;
- The minimum period of rehabilitation. Compared to plastic surgery, it shrinks significantly;
- Lack of pain and discomfort during the procedure. Before it begins, the patient’s face is covered with a special anesthetic composition;
- Elimination of cosmetic defects. Using a laser, you can get rid of warts and moles, as well as make invisible scars that appear from injuries or operations.
Negative moments in laser rejuvenation are few, but they are still there:
- lesser effect in duration compared with plastic surgery. After an average of 5 years, the procedure must be repeated;
- the laser, most likely, will not cope with sufficiently deep wrinkles;
- cost. If you take into account that one procedure cannot be dispensed with, but you have to take a course, then the final cost can hit your pocketbook.
Indications for laser rejuvenation
It is worth considering laser rejuvenation, as an option to correct the appearance by eliminating age-related changes.
The procedure is shown if available:
- wrinkles, both deep and not too much;
- moles, warts;
- vascular patterns on the skin of the face;
- age spots;
- enlarged pores, blackheads and acne.
It is worth refusing to carry out laser correction, in case of:
- pregnancy or lactation;
- the presence of chronic diseases;
- tendency to high / low blood pressure;
- mental disorders;
- sensitive skin;
- oncological diseases;
- heart diseases;
- skin diseases such as psoriasis, dermatitis, etc.
Despite all the charms that this cosmetic procedure suggests, certain side effects are also characteristic of it.
Side effects include:
- redness of the skin;
- after about 2 weeks, the separation of dead cells begins, the result of this process may be peeling of the skin;
- the development of dermatitis;
- scarring or fine mesh formation on treated skin areas;
- hyper / hypopigmentation.
Types of Procedure
Depending on the apparatus used in a particular situation, there are several types of laser facial rejuvenation. Each of them has its pros and cons. In order to make a choice, you need to know what each of them is, it will be useful to familiarize yourself with the images before and after.
Depending on the apparatus and the action that it has, the following types are distinguished:
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) . The most affordable device with the highest processing intensity. After its application, the skin looks most smooth and supple. It helps get rid of moles, warts, small wrinkles. Sometimes it helps in the fight against skin cancer (in the initial stages).
- Erbium. Not as intense, but more accurate than a carbon laser. The chance of hypopigmentation with him is less. Suitable for rejuvenating the skin around the eyes, as well as for dealing with fine wrinkles.
- Diode laser. The most modern device. Heats the deep layers of the skin, so the process of synthesis of elastin fibers starts.
- Fraxel. A device based on a gas laser with a wide spectrum of action. It helps in rejuvenating the skin of the face. Stimulates cells to self-renew.
Which of all varieties of lasers is the best Each provides a proper result depending on the condition
of the skin and individual physiological characteristics.
This procedure is aimed at eliminating small visible imperfections in the skin. Such as facial wrinkles, age spots, scars from acne or chicken pox. An ablation laser removes the upper layer of the skin, due to which the process of restoration of the skin is started, the skin is rejuvenated. After healing, she looks younger.
A correctly performed procedure has several advantages, such as:
- slowing down the aging process of the skin. The laser removes the upper layer of the dermis, as a result of which new cells begin to multiply actively. As a result, the skin becomes young and toned.
- improved skin texture. With this effect, the skin of the face evens out, the scars go away.
- improved complexion. Age spots and freckles will leave the skin after this procedure.
- narrowing of pores. This is the result of skin rejuvenation.
Among other things, this method of laser exposure has its drawbacks:
- painful sensations. Despite the use of analgesics during this procedure, discomfort is felt. In some cases, they even recommend deep anesthesia.
- lengthy rehabilitation process. After such a hard effect on the skin, it will recover longer. The recovery period can last up to 1 month.
- contraindications. You need to carefully read them in order to avoid possible consequences.
Non-ablative type of exposure is aimed at working with deeper layers of the skin than ablative. In the course of all manipulations, an electric current is applied to the deep layers of the epidermis, the cells are heated to a certain temperature and collagen fibers are compressed. They form spirals that make up a dense frame.
The skin is tightened after the procedure, wrinkles are smoothed out and become invisible.
Among the advantages of this procedure are:
- absence after the procedure of any bruises or scars;
- complete painlessness;
- compatibility with any type of skin.
Disadvantages also occur:
- potential harm to internal organs. The time for this procedure is minimal, despite this, experts do not give a guarantee of harmlessness;
- the possibility of redness, swelling and hyperpigmentation;
- quite high price.
Fractional Laser Rejuvenation
The essence of this process resembles ablative resurfacing, only the effect occurs on the deeper layers of the skin. And the exposure temperature is slightly higher than when grinding. For a more gentle action during fractional rejuvenation, one laser beam is divided into several small ones.
To prevent burns, the laser is moved quickly enough. It acts pointwise, the remaining skin cells begin to multiply actively to cover the micro damage left during this rejuvenation.
- universality – the method is suitable for all types of skin;
- minimization of consequences – the development of hyper / hypopigmentation is practically excluded;
- in one session, you can process a sufficiently large area of the skin.
- strong effect on the skin of the face;
- the effect of the procedure is not immediately visible;
- the cost of this type of rejuvenation is quite high.
This method is aimed at enriching the subcutaneous layers of the epidermis with hyaluronic acid. Instead of injection, this technique involves delivering acid to the needy layers using a laser. Under its influence, the pores expand and, specially applied gel, enters the lower layers of the skin, replenishing the supply of necessary acid.
After the procedure, the elasticity of the skin increases, small facial wrinkles are smoothed, the skin looks younger.
The advantage of this technique can be attributed to a quick result, which is noticeable after 1 session and a lasting effect. There are also disadvantages: metabolic processes are accelerated only in the upper layer of the skin, unlike injection, laser biorevitalization is less effective.
Rejuvenation of the skin around the eyes
On the skin around the eyes, signs of aging appear first. During the procedure, the laser rays penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating the enhanced production of necessary substances such as elastin. It helps to tighten the skin on the eyelids and under the eyes.
The procedure helps to get rid of dark circles under the eyes.
The benefits of such an intervention are many, the main ones include:
- skin type does not matter;
- very short rehabilitation period (up to 1 week);
- the effect is achieved from 1 procedure;
- the absence of any risks, whether infection or skin burns.
Preparation for the procedure
After it turned out that such a laser rejuvenation of the face, all the pros and cons of this procedure were examined, the photos were studied before and after laser correction, a positive decision was made as to whether or not to take this step, it remains only to prepare the skin for subsequent procedures. Serious preparation is not required, but there are several key points that must be observed.
ocess of preparing for laser rejuvenation is as follows:
- a week before laser facial rejuvenation, it is not recommended to clean it.
- exclude a solarium, when going out in the sun, be sure to use sunscreen.
- for 2 days you can not use makeup. On the day of the procedure, the person should be clean.
- it is necessary to pass general tests to identify or exclude inflammatory processes in the body.
Stages of laser rejuvenation
The laser rejuvenation procedure is carried out in the following order:
- A special anesthetic cream is applied to the treated surface of the skin.
- After setting up the laser for a particular patient, they go directly to the rejuvenation procedure. It lasts from 30 to 60 minutes.
- Upon completion, a soothing cream is applied to the treated areas.
It should be noted that at the end, small red dots and slight swelling may appear on the face. Therefore, you need to take care of the method of returning home in advance.
This laser is designed to remove vascular networks and asterisks from the skin. This type of apparatus must have a cooling system, which eliminates the risk of burns.
The principle of its operation is to influence on the problem areas not one but two laser beams at once. One creates a specific target for the other. When rays affect the vascular pattern, hemoglobin is heated, resulting in a sealed vessel and its disappearance from the skin.
The difference between this laser and the rest is the radiation power and the depth of penetration into the skin. It helps to effectively deal with all kinds of scars, scars and vascular patterns.
Neodymium laser is used in hair removal.
Due to its ability to exert influence on blood vessels, it helps to permanently get rid of unwanted hairs. The principle of its work is to seal the vessels that feed the hair bulb. Without the receipt of vital substances, the follicle dies, and the hair no longer grows.
Laser facial rejuvenation helps:
- visually rejuvenate the skin for several years;
- remove scars and other existing scars;
- to overcome acne and acne;
- deeply cleanse the skin of the face;
- eliminate fine wrinkles and make less noticeable deep ones;
- improve complexion, eliminate age spots;
- straighten the oval of the face.
Depending on the general condition of the skin, the signs of aging visible on it and the age of the patient, the frequency of such procedures is set individually in each case.
The average statistics indicate the following frequency of laser manipulations: 3-4 sessions of procedures are carried out with an interval of 1-2 months. After achieving the desired effect for the purpose of prevention, 1 session per year is sufficient.
Skin care after the procedure
It is not enough to know what laser face rejuvenation is all its pros and cons. It is also necessary to know how to properly care for the skin before and after the procedures. To avoid side effects, you need to provide the skin with proper care after the procedure.
Experts recommend observing the following rules:
- for the prevention of purulent diseases, it is recommended to undergo a course of antibacterial therapy;
- before the onset of skin healing, ointments containing dexpanthenol should be used. For example: “Bepanthol”, “D – Panthenol” and others;
- on the day of the procedure, it is advisable to exclude the sauna and pool;
- It is recommended to wash your face with boiled or ozone-rich water;
- until the skin gets its normal shade, it is recommended not to use scrubs and gel peels;
- to speed up healing, it is advisable to drink a course of strengthening vitamins.
Possible complications of rehabilitation
If you neglect the tips for skin care, then after a course of laser rejuvenation, unpleasant consequences can occur. For example, such as the formation of ulcers or the death of the skin.
Before you agree to the procedure, you should also check the licenses for this activity and for the equipment that will be manipulated. Otherwise, there is also a high risk of serious complications.
Opinions of cosmetologists about the procedure
Beauticians pay attention: the ablative resurfacing method effectively copes with age spots, scars and acne scars. When polishing is carried out, the upper layer of the epidermis is burned, and in its place after a while a new one is regenerated – without scars
and increased pigmentation.
A feature of the procedure is that immediately after it, redness and small swelling forms on the skin, itching is possible. But after about 2 weeks, the face will acquire the desired healthy appearance.
To prolong the anti-aging effect, enough attention should be paid to skin care: use cosmetics made from natural ingredients, do not forget about a balanced diet with enough vitamins and nutrients, and monitor your lifestyle.
The question of what laser facial rejuvenation is is revealed, its pros and cons are considered, photos before and after are compared. Based on the foregoing, it is possible to determine in relation to the expected effect to possible risks and decide on the need for the procedure.
Laser face rejuvenation video
What is laser rejuvenation and how does a laser affect the skin can be found in the video clip:
Video about laser removal of capillaries and blood vessels: