Beauty blender is a special device for applying liquid cosmetics. This tool has a specific shape, made of hypoallergenic, pleasant to the touch material. There are several varieties of beauty blender, as well as several nuances for the use and care of professional sponge.
- Beauty blender: what is it, cost
- What is made of
- Types of Beauty Blender
- How to choose a beauty blender
- What creams and makeup products are suitable
- How to use a beauty blender
- The way to cleanse the beauty blender in 1 minute
- Cleansing immediately after makeup
- Using the special Blendercleanser
- Economical ways to cleanse
- Double cleansing
- How to make a handmade DIY blender
- Video on the topic: beauty blender, what it is, how to use it
Beauty blender: what is it, cost
A beauty blender is not an ordinary sponge, but a specific device used for professional makeup. The original is the product that BeautyBlender produces.
The sponge has a recognizable original shape, it is used for applying cosmetics with a creamy texture – proofreaders, foundation, liquid eyeshadow, blush. Specially designed form and soft velvety structure provides a uniform coating without irritating the skin upon contact.
The beauty blender has a special shape resembling a drop of water, which provides maximum functionality to the tool:
- with the help of a pointed end, you can work out small inaccessible areas of the face – the corners of the eyes, the wings of the nose, the area under the eyebrows;
- the wide oval end of the sponge makes it possible to evenly distribute the funds, adjusting the density of the coating;
- rounded shape prevents the appearance of blurry sloppy lines or sharp borders when applying tonal means.
The cost of the brand beautyblender makeup device on the official website varies from 16 to 22 US dollars.
What is made of
The original beautyblender gadget is made of a unique synthetic nanomaterial, in structure resembling finely porous foam rubber. It has a bactericidal property, has no smell, is not conducive to the multiplication of bacteria and microbes.
The composition does not contain latex. For this reason, sponge in contact with the epidermis does not cause an allergic reaction.
Due to its unique structure, it absorbs water very well, therefore, when wet, it can almost double in size. The more water sponge absorbs, the softer and more supple it will be, while absorbing a smaller amount of cosmetic product.
Wet sponge provides a uniform thin coating, masks peeling, cares for skin prone to dryness and irritation . The pleasant elastic structure to the touch is similar to velvety suede, the texture is uniform, without lint, therefore, unlike brushes, it does not cause irritation. The tool can be used for the most sensitive areas.
Beauty blender is an indispensable tool for creating professional makeup.
He has a lot of advantages:
- Convenience. To use the sponge does not require special professional skills.
- Functionality. Thanks to its special shape and soft texture, the Beauty Blender distributes decorative and skin care products on the skin in an even layer, including in hard-to-reach areas.
- Compactness. The original cosmetic device has miniature dimensions: when dry, it is 5. 2 inch high and 1’6 inch wide.
- Universality. The device is used at every stage of the creation of makeup, with it it is convenient to apply the foundation, tonal correctors, liquid blush and shadows, highlighter and other means.
- 5 in 1. Able to replace a few brushes for applying this or that tool, which significantly saves space in the cosmetic bag.
- Natural effect. After applying and blending the correctors, blush, highlighter, as well as many other products, natural makeup is obtained without creating an artificial mask effect.
Sponge can be used both for applying decorative means, and when removing its excess. To remove the excess, it is enough to wet the areas with the dry side of the sponge.
Despite most of the advantages, there are several disadvantages to using a beauty blender:
- The cost of the original beautyblender can reach more than $ 20, which not everyone can afford.
- The term of use of the tool, subject to the rules of storage and care, is not more than 6 months.
- The tool requires quality care, otherwise the service life is significantly reduced.
- When applying creamy products, their consumption can increase significantly.
- With the help of a sponge, only liquid products are applied, preferably one shade and texture. Their mixing can give mixed results.
It is worth noting the determining functionality of using a beauty blender – only when wet. The more it is saturated with water, the more economical the expense of the product. It is water, filling it from the inside, that prevents the excessive absorption of the cosmetic product.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Types of Beauty Blender
The American manufacturer “beautyblender” offers several models of sponge:
- The first model of the line, its distinctive features are a characteristic neon pink hue. Use the original beauty blender for professionals in the field of makeup, as well as for everyone, using the device at home. It is used mainly for tonal foundations, primers, proofreaders with a liquid base.
- Sponge carbon black, made of a similar patented material, but with a denser structure. With its help, the application of cosmetics with a denser coating is facilitated, which is valuable when creating professional makeup for photo shoots, video filming.
- The tool from the original line. It is characterized by a bright lime shade, a delicate, delicate finely porous texture, more miniature dimensions. It is used for applying funds on small areas of the face (in the periorbital, in the brow zone), as well as emphasizing color correctors for individual zones.
- The model is presented in white, a feature is the particularly delicate texture of the sponge. Such a sponge is used to apply BB or SS creams, tonal means in the form of a thin uniform veil. Not used to correct problem areas.
- Royalty, Red Carpet – alternative models-new to the original Sponga, the difference is only in the color scheme, but at the same time all the properties and characteristics of the original model are preserved.
All models of the original line are delivered to the world cosmetic market only in the form described above, other vari
ations of the color gamut, properties, and structural features of the material are fakes.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How to choose a beauty blender
The cult device is marked by various international certificates, but popularity entails many fakes of a beauty blender. To choose a branded soft makeup gadget, you need to know the basic characteristics and differences of the beautyblender device.
These are the following characteristics:
- The standard size of the branded sponge (except for the Mini model) is 2’2 x 1’6 inch.
- The form is strictly drop-shaped; in another modification, beauty blenders are not available.
- The color scheme is presented strictly neon pink, light green, black and white. New shades – purple and red, as well as a limited collection of marble-pink shade.
- When dry, the material is soft, similar in texture to velvet or suede, the texture is finely porous. Sponge easily changes and instantly restores its original shape without deforming during use. Fakes are made of a denser material with larger pores.
- When wet, the original sponge doubles in size. The fake will be poorly saturated with moisture, in contact with the skin can give a feeling of pressure. The original product is soft, delicate, supple, almost not felt on the skin.
- The original sponge is delivered in a transparent cylinder packaging marked “allure”, the kit can include two sponges or 1 sponge + Solid (cleaner), as well as a stand for storage and drying.
When choosing a high-quality branded device, you need to pay attention to the country of origin, the original beautyblender is made exclusively in the United States.
What creams and makeup products are suitable
Beauty blender is a universal tool. This device is used for applying various creams, decorative cosmetics.
Depending on the selected modification, you can apply:
- Primers, bases for make-up, liquid tonal bases-proofreaders, creamy powder and blush. For these purposes, a neon pink beauty blender is used.
- Serums, cosmetic emulsions, BB and SS creams, masks, any liquid-based makeup products. They can be applied with a white (Pure) sponge designed for sensitive skin and delicate care.
- Resistant pigments, tonal products with a dense coating. For this purpose, a black sponge with a dense texture is used.
- Liquid shadows, concealers, concealers, blush, highlighter and bronzer with a creamy base. For ease of application, you can choose any sponge, depending on the density of application and skin features.
How to use a beauty blender
The beauty blender has the property of an ordinary sponge, so the basic principle of manipulation is a simple algorithm that includes 3 steps: soak, squeeze and apply.
- Moisten the sponge with slightly warm water. The density of the coating will depend on the degree of wetting. A wetter beauty blender applies a less dense coating.
- Wring out the water, pat the surface with a dry cloth. The sponge should be moist enough, but not wet.
- With the prepared device, a cosmetic product is put on the back of the hand.
- The product is applied by driving in, the entire area around the perimeter is processed. Do not usd, as you can spoil the structure of the sponge, and the coating does not work out neat.
- Wide facial areas are treated with a wide part, with small points on the pointed end.
After applying the product, it is necessary to shade it over the entire surface, walking the clean side. For uniform coverage, you need to act with quick short movements.
The way to cleanse the beauty blender in 1 minute
Beauty blender can be cleaned in different ways, one of the most popular is the express method in 1 min.
Sponge quick cleaning algorithm:
- Put the tool in a non-metallic bowl of hot water.
- Add a few drops of dishwashing detergent.
- Put the container in the microwave for heating mode (for 1 min).
After express cleaning, the sponge is cleaned of germs, bacteria, stains of fat, and residues of cosmetics.
Cleansing immediately after makeup
Beauty blender is a cosmetic device in contact with the skin. Therefore, it is extremely important to clean it in time, without putting it off for later.
The algorithm is simple:
- Immediately after makeup, the sponge can be cleaned with a special cleaning agent.
- You can use any eco-liquid to eliminate greasy stains.
- Leave to dry on a flat surface.
- The longer the sponge does not wash, the faster it loses its properties.
Using the special Blendercleanser
It is recommended to clean the beauty blender with the professional Blendercleanser, which gently cleans any contaminants without disturbing the delicate finely porous structure.
- Apply a couple drops of liquid to a
- Beat in foam, actively kneading.
- Massage movements to remove dirt stains, rinse with warm water.
- Squeeze out the water thoroughly and leave to dry completely on the small tray in the kit.
- It is forbidden to use heaters for drying – hair dryers, batteries or heaters.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Economical ways to cleanse
Given the high cost of professional means for cleansing sponge, care is not budgetary.
There are no less effective, but more economical alternative methods of purification:
- Use an inexpensive cleanser for oily skin.
- Use regular soap to cleanse. It is recommended to make a soap solution from products that do not dry the skin.
- Apply soap cream for cleaning, for example, Dove (Beauty Bar).
- Clean with dishwashing detergent. It is advisable to use products containing softening balm or conditioner.
- Wash with regular shampoo, thoroughly massaging the sponge.
A beauty blender is a delicate, caring cosmetic product. As with the standard facial skin care program, the principle of double cleansing can be used to cleanse the sponge.
The algorithm is simple:
- Carefully treat the device with natural cosmetic oil.
- Massage the sponge, removing dirt stains.
- Apply gel or foam to wash, massage, then rinse with water.
How to make a handmade DIY blender
Beauty blender has repeatedly received the title of “Best Cosmetic Gadget.” It has a certain structure and shape, so it will not be possible to produce exactly such a sponge at home. You can make do-it-yourself simple devices for applying liquid cosmetics, using finely porous soft foam, cardboard templates and scissors.
- On a sheet of cardboard draw a pattern of the future fixture.
- Transfer the template to the foam cloth.
- Cut the workpiece with scissors or a clerical knife.
Using foam rubber of different density and thickness, it is possible to make sponges of any size and shape for the convenience of applying makeup.
A beauty blender requires compliance with the rules for applying funds and special care. This will help extend the life of the cosmetic tool.
Such a professional product must always be in a cosmetic bag, as makeup with a beauty blender is impeccable.
Video on the topic: beauty blender, what it is, how to use it
Beauty blender: what is it:
How to use a beauty blender: