Zinc ointment is considered an effective and affordable remedy for acne on the face and body. It can be used by owners of any type of skin and people of all age groups. Ease of use and safety of the ointment are its main advantages.
- The benefits of zinc ointment in the fight against acne
- What problems can I use zinc ointment
- Recipes for cosmetic formulations with acne zinc ointment
- For oily skin
- For dry and normal skin
- For combination skin
- A mixture of clay and zinc ointment
- A mixture of clay and zinc ointment for oily skin
- Zinc ointment from black dots
- For acne on the back
- Treatment duration
- How to e nhance the effect after applying the product
- The cost of zinc ointment
- Skin Care After Using Zinc Ointment
The benefits of zinc ointment in the fight against acne
Zinc is a trace element necessary for the body. It helps stand out and function about 200 enzymes, many of which are part of the skin cells. Zinc ointment is very affordable: the price is about $ 0,27, and you can find it in any pharmacy.
With local use of zinc ointment for acne on the face, the following effects are achieved:
- The amount of sebum produced is reduced.
- The irritation is removed and the inflammatory process calms down.
- Skin disinfection in inflamed areas.
- Rashes are dried.
- The healing and restoration of epidermal cells is accelerated.
- Increases the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
A direct indicator of a lack of zinc and the advisability of using an ointment based on it is considered to be long healing of wounds. The tool is absolutely harmless even for infants and does not cause allergic reactions.
Zinc ointment consists of the following components:
- The active substance is zinc oxide, 10%. The action is aimed at reducing the level of oily skin, which bring inflammation and rashes.
- Excipient – white soft paraffin. It absolutely does not cause an allergic reaction, its action is aimed at:
- recovery – paraffin nourishes and moisturizes the skin, eliminating peeling;
- rejuvenation – moisturized skin becomes elastic, small and large wrinkles are smoothed out, the facial contour becomes clearer;
- cleansing – tightening the skin, paraffin helps to narrow the pores.
What problems can I use zinc ointment
The main indications for use:
- Contact dermatitis, diaper rash, streptoderma, irritation – in these cases, the ointment soothes the inflammatory process.
- Acne and similar rashes on the skin – thanks to the regulation of sebum and narrowing of pores, zinc ointment is effective when used against acne on the face, neck, back and shoulders. The maximum effect is achieved if, in addition to it, antibacterial agents are used and proper balanced nutrition is observed.
- Scratches, wounds, burns – contributes to the rapid regeneration of skin cells.
- Melasma is a skin defect, which is manifested by the formation of age spots on the brown face. Ointment evens out the tone of the skin.
- Hemorrhoids – relieves the patient’s condition by relieving tissue inflammation and promoting healing.
Use the tool also as a protection against ultraviolet rays.
Recipes for cosmetic formulations with acne zinc ointment
The great advantage of using zinc ointment for the treatment of skin defects is the availability of procedures at home. The recipes are simple and involve the use of ingredients that are either always at hand or without problems they can be purchased for little money at any pharmacy.
For oily skin
Zinc ointment by itself dries out oily skin and helps to narrow the pores, but as part of masks in combination with other ingredients of a similar action, it gives an effect equivalent to salon procedures.
Recipe 1 , lotion with alcohols and sulfuric ointment.
You will need : 1,69 fluid ounce of boric (3%) and salicylic (2%) alcohol, a teaspoon of zinc and sulfur ointment.
Preparation : combine 2 types of alcohol, shake the solution in a sealed container. Divide it into 2 equal parts and pour into 2 different containers. Add zinc ointment in the first, sulfuric in the second.
Application : after the hygiene procedures, use the cotton swab to apply the first product in the morning, and the second – at night every day. Do not rinse, allow to soak.
Effect : drying, destruction of bacteria, removal of inflammatory processes.
Recipe 2 , with ground licorice roots.
It will take : a teaspoon of licorice root powdered, the same amount of zinc ointment.
Preparation : mix the ingredients until a porridge-like homogeneous state.
Application : apply to the skin of the face for a third of an hour, then remove by washing with warm water.
Effect : healing accelerates, inflammation is relieved.
For dry and normal skin
On dry and normal skin, comedones are often formed – a rash, similar to acne, resulting from blockage of hair follicles. They are white (closed), poorly squeezed and black (open), which are squeezed easier.
The basis of skin care with such rashes is moisturizing and cleansing.
Therefore, it is advisable to use moisturizers in the composition of home care products.
The recipe for a moisturizing night cream familiar to the skin.
Need : 5 g of cream and zinc ointment.
Preparation : mix the ingredients until smooth.
Use : smear cleansed face skin before bedtime daily.
Effect : the oily skin decreases, its plasticity increases, the contours of the face become more beautiful.
For combination skin
Combination skin is characterized by fatness in the forehead, nose and chin and dryness of the remaining parts of the face. An effective tool to combat rashes with this type of skin will be a mask, which includes green cosmetic clay and zinc ointment.
It will take : a teaspoon of clay, water and zinc ointment.
Preparation : mix a mask from clay and water, add ointment.
Application : apply with a thick layer on previously cleansed skin for 10-20 minutes. Time depends on the sensations – if the skin tightens too much and the mask is already dry – it’s time to rinse with warm water, then moisturize with the usual means. Use every 2 days for a month.
Effect : less oily skin, which is manifested by the absence of greasy shine, smoothing complexion, reducing the number of acne and black spots.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Facial massage according to the Japanese doctor Asahi Zogan.
A mixture of clay and zinc ointment
Acne zinc ointment helps much better if mixed with cosmetic clay. The type of clay needs to be shaved based on the type of skin – for combination, green, for oily – black and pink.
A mixture of clay and zinc ointment for oily skin
It will take : black, pink clay and ointment – a teaspoon, water – on the eye.
Preparation : mix 2 types of clay until smooth, add water and knead to a paste-like consistency so that there are no lumps in the mask. Introduce zinc ointment and mix thoroughly with clay. You need to act quickly so that the mixture does not have time to dry. It is best to take warm water. Cook the mask at once.
Use : after water procedures, apply to problem areas of the skin for 12-15 minutes. After they wash off with water comfortable for the body temperature and moisturize the skin with cream.
Effect : regulation of sebum, deep cleansing of pores, smooth matte skin color.
Zinc ointment from black dots
In addition to acne, many people of different ages form so-called black spots – contaminated pores. Zinc ointment helps from them. You can use only ointment or in combination with clay masks.
The algorithm for using ointment to get rid of black dots:
- Cleanse the skin from cosmetics with a special tool, after washing with antibacterial soap.
- Tonic and cotton sponge to remove sebum.
- Steam your face over water vapor or a pair of decoction of herbs for 5-7 minutes, until the pores are fully expanded.
- Apply generously ointment to skin areas with black dots for 8-12 minutes.
- Wash yourself until the ointment is completely eliminated with water of a comfortable temperature.
- Dry the skin with a napkin, treat with the usual cream.
With an integrated approach to getting rid of black dots, the algorithm for applying the necessary tools looks like this:
- Cleanse the skin with special cleansers. The folk method is well suited – tar soap.
- Treat greasy places with tonic or peroxide to get rid of excess fat.
- Knead a mask from any type of clay suitable for the skin type, apply it to the desired skin areas.
- Wash with water at a comfortable temperature until the mask is completely eliminated.
- Apply a mixture of moisturizer and zinc ointment to the problem areas overnight.
Procedures can be carried out 1-3 times a week, depending on the condition of the skin.
It should be said that the causes of black spots in addition to heredity and an unhealthy lifestyle can be serious health problems: hormonal imbalance, disorders of the nervous and endocrine systems. Therefore, if the problem is acute, then it is necessary to be examined to exclude diseases before starting home procedures.
For acne on the back
An improved version of zinc ointment – zinc-salicylic ointment or Lassar paste – will help get rid of comedones on the back. It is also available in price – the bottle will cost $ 0,34 – $ 0,48, but even more effective due to the action of salicyl – a decrease in fat content and local acceleration of blood flow.
The product is used as follows: on the cleansed skin of the back, the product is applied pointwise overnight for acne and acne. In the morning, wash the pasta with warm water. If the paste has dried up and is not washed off, scraping may be necessary to remove it. To avoid mechanical damage, it is better not to apply it to inflamed acne.
I must say that Lassar paste has a number of contraindications, the main of which are pregnancy, anemia, renal failure, problems with blood coagulation.
The course of application of zinc ointment for acne on the face and body depends on the condition of the skin and the speed of the appearance of positive results. Since the tool is practically harmless, it can be used for a long period of time – up to several months and with the necessary frequency.
Chatterboxes and clay-zinc masks can be used on an ongoing basis from 1 to 3 times a week.
A mixture of moisturizer and ointment is also suitable for long-term use. When eliminating defects in combination skin and acne on the back, dermatologists and cosmetologists recommend continuing the course of treatment for a month, provided that the ointment is applied every 2-3 days.
If zinc ointment does not give positive results or even exacerbates the condition of the skin, then it should be replaced with another agent. Competent specialists will help you pick it up.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Face fitness for lifting the face contour, rejuvenation, muscle tone. Master class from Elena Karkukli
How to e
nhance the effect after applying the product
In order for the use of zinc ointment to bring the expected effect, you need to remember several important points:
- Skin problems are always associated with a state of health. Therefore, they can occur in people who suffer from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, nervous, excretory, endocrine systems.
- During periods of hormonal changes – adolescence, pregnancy, lactation, menopause only local use of any means will not give a positive result.
- Zinc ointment alone will not help if the cause of acne is an infectious skin disease.
- Lifestyle affects the cleanliness of the skin – an unhealthy diet with an excess of sweet, flour, fatty, salty, smoking, alcohol, non-observance of personal hygiene rules will necessarily appear on the skin.
Therefore, to enhance the effect of the use of zinc ointment from acne on the face and body, it is necessary:
- Establish the cause of the rash, having passed the examination by qualified doctors and cosmetologists.
- Refuse harmful products, alcohol and cigarettes. Make your diet in such a way that it contains a lot of vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, herbs, dairy and protein products. It is very important to moisturize the skin from the inside by consuming a large amount of plain clean water.
- Apply complex treatment of acne using medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements. But additional topical preparations for treatment with zinc ointment are not recommended.
- If necessary, visit a beautician for a facial cleansing procedure.
- Follow personal hygiene rules, rinse thoroughly with makeup and wash in the morning, use disinfectant wipes throughout the day.
- Use only high-quality, suitable type of skin decorative and care cosmetics. If there is such an opportunity – stop using decorative cosmetics for the treatment period.
- Apply the ointment only with clean hands, avoiding the area around the eyes.
The cost of zinc ointment
One of the main advantages of zinc ointment is its availability and price. It can be purchased at any pharmacy in USA live or online at a cost of $ 0,2 – $ 0,68 . The same price range for salicylic-zinc paste. Speaking about the cost-effectiveness of the product, it should be said that the tube will last for a long time – from 6 months to several years, depending on the frequency of use.
Skin Care After Using Zinc Ointment
Zinc ointment for acne on the face and body will give a quick positive result, if after using it you follow simple rules:
- Do not apply makeup – zinc oxide can give a reaction by interacting with a powder or foundation. Therefore, the tool is best used at night and on those days when you can do without makeup.
- You can dispose of the ointment with a dry cloth, tar soap, vegetable oil.
- After the procedure, you need to moisturize the skin with the usual means. If the ointment was removed from the skin using vegetable oil, there is no need to use the cream.
The advantages of using zinc ointment for acne and blackheads on the face are obvious: accessibility, effectiveness, cost-effectiveness.
Video about the use of zinc ointment for acne:
Video about acne treatment with zinc ointment: