Cryosauna is a medical and cosmetic procedure, the purpose of which is to rejuvenate and improve the body. During the exposure, the basic physiological processes are activated, but before the session it is necessary to find out what indications and contraindications exist, get acquainted with the technology and the nuances of the procedure.
- What is cryosauna
- Mechanism of action
- The benefits and harms of cryotherapy
- Types of cryosauna: cryo room, cryobasin, cryocapsule
- Do I need training
- Stages of the procedure
- How long does the session last, how often can you do
- How many procedures are needed for treatment, weight loss
- Adverse reactions
- Session price in New York, Los Angeles,
- Patient reviews and doctors’ recommendations
- Video on the topic: cryosauna, indications and contraindications
What is cryosauna
Cryosauna (indications and contraindications to the procedure can be found later in the article) is a method of treatment and rejuvenation with cold. Technology is an integral part of the cryotherapy program. The cryo effect distinguishes the technique from a standard sauna.
The modern cryosauna is a hardware installation in the form of a capsule, pool or room, where a special microclimate is created using vapor of liquid nitrogen. Immersion takes place in the temperature regime up to – 266°F, while the patient’s head remains outside to continue to breathe warm air calmly.
The cryo-exposure technique can be used at any time of the year, it allows you to solve many physiological and cosmetic problems, improve overall health, get rid of psychological disorders, depression, insomnia, pain syndromes.
Mechanism of action
The main feature of the mechanism of action of the cryosauna is the installation of a low temperature regime to such a value that the human body can withstand. In this case, the internal organs are not damaged, a surface effect occurs. Liquid nitrogen is cooled to extremely low temperatures of 202 – 32°F, the cooling process occurs abruptly.
After the temperature drops to a critical point, it is restored to normal, as a result of which there is a sharp surge of adrenaline, activation of all physiological processes and reserve forces of the body, and immune defense is activated.
Cold creates severe stress, as a result of which all life functions begin to work with a vengeance, which positively affects overall well-being, the state of the epidermis and psychological health. Due to the fact that the cryo effect is created instantly, exposure to low temperatures does not harm health.
The exposure time is calculated individually, based on medical indications, body characteristics. On average, staying in a cell does not take more than 180 seconds.
How the cryosauna works:
The benefits and harms of cryotherapy
Cryosauna is an effective way of high-tech hardening of the body. It is important to consider indications and contraindications before undergoing a course of procedures.
The technology of treatment and cold rejuvenation has a positive effect on all physiological processes, the benefits of the procedures are as follows:
- After the first cryo-procedure, one feels cheerfulness, a surge of vitality, an emotional upsurge.
- There is a strengthening of immunity, stimulation of the most important physiological processes.
- The activity of metabolic processes improves, which contributes to weight loss.
- Exposure to cold activates circulation, which contributes to overall rejuvenation, strengthening turgor, eliminating cellulite.
- The enlarged pores are narrowed, the work of the sebaceous glands is normalized, and the severity of age-related changes is reduced.
Cryotherapy has a beneficial effect on the psycho-emotional state, helps to improve sleep, get rid of depression, increased irritability. Procedures in the cryosauna are used in the treatment of many chronic diseases. In addition to many advantages, the technology of healing and rejuvenation with cold can cause serious harm to health.
If the technology is not followed, a burn may develop, damage to the organs of vision may occur. Also, if the patient is in a room with liquid cooled nitrogen, an oxygen deficiency is created, which leads to loss of consciousness, asphyxiation, hypoxia. In general, the procedure is fully approved by doctors, but before conducting it is necessary to get advice in order to exclude negative consequences.
There are many indications for cryo-procedures:
- The presence of diseases of a dermatological nature – psoriasis, dermatitis, seborrhea, acne, eczema and allergies of various etiologies.
- Diseases of the spine, joints (intervertebral hernia, rheumatism, arthritis, arthrosis, acute osteochondrosis).
- Failure in the reproductive function in women, decreased potency in men.
- To renew the body, in preparation for the conception of a child.
- Signs of skin aging, age-related changes, loss of tone, the presence of facial and age wrinkles, ptosis, loss of firmness, elasticity, unhealthy complexion.
- Sagging breasts after pregnancy and lactation, after sudden weight loss or due to age-related features.
- The presence of “orange peel”, the treatment of cellulite at any stage.
- The desire to improve overall health, restore vitality and vitality.
- Depressive psycho-emotional state, malfunctions of the nervous system, loss of healthy sleep.
- Physical overwork.
- Painful conditions during menopause.
- Relief of painful conditions after surgical interventions, injuries, long-term illnesses.
- Ulcers, colitis, pancreatitis, other gastrointestinal diseases.
- For the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases of internal organs, renal failure, diabetes mellitus, neuritis, recovery from strokes.
In addition to general indications, doctors recommend conducting cryotherapy sessions as an effective method of eliminating binge states and relieving a deep hangover syndrome.
Cryosauna, the indications and contraindications to which are indicated below, is an effective procedure. Exposure to extremely cold temperatures contributes to the overall strengthening, creates a persistent therapeutic and anti-aging effect.
Despite the general safety, there are a number of strict contraindications to its implementation:
- the presence of cancer;
- claustrophobia, fear of confined spaces;
- with inflammatory processes, chronic diseases in acute form;
- with colds, accompanied by fever, fever, swollen lymph nodes;
- cardiovascular pathology;
- acute mental disorders;
- severe hypertension;
- predisposition to thrombosis, hemolytic diseases;
- acute infections in active form;
- with severe lesions of the nervous system, respiratory organs.
In the presence of contraindications, it is worth refusing to conduct cryotherapy sessions, the course is allowed to be carried out after consultation with a specialized medical specialist.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for short hair. Photo, front and rear view.
Types of cryosauna: cryo room, cryobasin, cryocapsule
Cryosauna is a collective term that combines several types of specialized equipment for complex cryotherapy. There are several modifications that may differ in functional content, method of placement and capacity of patients.
The main types of cryosauna:
- Cryo rooms. Special facilities that can accommodate and serve multiple patients at the same time. Such a modification is the most expensive, since the area of the room is vast. For the patient, this method of cryotherapy is cheaper, but less effective. The effectiveness of the impact is reduced due to the uneven distribution and cooling of the gas, so the temperature may not reach the desired therapeutic value. When finding a cryocomputer and not observing the technology of the procedure, the risk of colds of the respiratory tract is high.
- Cryobasins, or cryobanks. A more compact modification of the cryosauna designed for individual sessions. A feature is an open conical shape. The patient is immersed in a special tank, leaving his head and shoulders open. In this case, the person should be protected from possible negative effects of nitrogen vapor. Of the minuses of this equipment, there is a large variation in temperature in the tank, as well as insufficient coverage of the patient’s body.
- Cryocapsules The most effective apparatus for covering the body and creating the necessary microclimate, designed for individual procedures. The capsule is a closed reservoir with an open hole for the face. Provides uniform cryo-exposure, covering the entire body, eliminating the risk of burns and injuries to the respiratory tract. Modern capsules are equipped with automatic thermoregulators, which helps to ensure a high degree of efficiency, as well as the safety of procedures.
One of the representatives of modern equipment for cold therapy is the certified and tested ICE Queen apparatus – a high-tech, safe, economical and effective cryocapsule.
One of the latest developments is air cryosaunas. Unlike standard modifications, such cabins are designed to serve 2 people at a time. The main cooling component is cold air, devoid of moisture, the optimal temperature regime for air cryo-sessions is -85 degrees.
Do I need training
The cryosauna, the indications and contraindications to which are described above, is a simple but effective technology for stressing the body with low temperatures. Special preparation before conducting is not required, but it is important to observe a number of simple requirements.
The first thing to do before the “ice bath” procedure is to undergo a preliminary examination and get a doctor’s consultation. The specialist may recommend taking tests and undergoing a cardiogram to identify pathologies of the cardiovascular system.
After collecting an anamnesis, the specialist calculates the optimal course of procedures, their number, the interval between procedures and the time of exposure to cold.
For moral and physical preparation of the body, a contrast shower can be taken for several days before a session.
Stages of the procedure
Body cryotherapy is carried out according to the standard algorithm:
- To protect the limbs from hypothermia, the patient put on warm mittens on his hands, woolen socks on his legs. If the session takes place in a cryo-room, the head must be protected by wearing a warm hat.
- The patient is immersed in an individual chamber, then there is a supply of liquid nitrogen, instantly (in 15 seconds) cooling to a temperature of -130-160 degrees. The temperature is regulated by a specialist, based on the indications and characteristics of the body.
- The contact of cold gas with the skin occurs, which lasts no more than 3 minutes. The temperature of the epithelium during the session does not drop below 0.
In the process of cryotherapy, patients are under the constant supervision of a specialist in order to respond in time to the slightest negative changes and reactions of the body.
Due to the analgesic effect of low temperatures, there is no acute sensation of cold, slight tingling can be felt. After the session, the skin may acquire a slight reddish tint, after 15 minutes a pleasant warmth spreads through the body.
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable haircut for medium hair. Photo, front and rear view.
How long does the session last, how often can you do
A body cryotherapy session can last, as a rule, from 1 to 3 minutes, sometimes up to 5 minutes. For the first session, exposure for 40-50 seconds is enough. The exposure time with chilled gas is determined individually by a specialist. The full course includes from 15 to 25 sessions.
Procedures can be performed daily or after 1 day, but at least , since therapy is cumulative in nature, so the effect can be reduced.
A second course can be taken no earlier than 3-4 months.
Safety measures are a mandatory protection of limbs from hypothermia. Carrying out is admissible only in clinical conditions under the supervision of a certified specialist. Non-compliance with the technology can lead to negative consequences for the body.
Women are recommended to wear a swimsuit, hat before the session, if the procedure is carried out in a cryo-room, as well as a gauze bandage that prevents injury to the respiratory tract. It is important to observe precautions so as not to get severe hypothermia.
How many procedures are needed for treatment, weight loss
The cryosauna (indications and contraindications before the procedure is taken into account by the doctor) can be used as monotherapy or in a comprehensive program of weight loss, rejuvenation, and healing. To achieve a therapeutic or aesthetic result, patients are advised to undergo a full course of procedures.
For treatment, 10-15 sessions are enough. For weight loss and elimination of cellulite – from 15 to 25 procedures with an interval of 1-2 days , up to 2000 kcal is lost in one session, after a full course the volumes decrease by 1. 2 – 1’6 inch. The effect of the “ice bath” is noticeable after a few procedures, well-being improves, the relief is smoothed, the skin returns tone and elasticity.
With strict adherence to the technology, cryotherapy is safe.
In rare cases, the following adverse reactions may occur in patients after visiting the cryosauna:
- allergy to cold, accompanied by the appearance of pink spots, general redness, irritation of the epidermis;
- frostbite of varying degrees, but only if precautionary measures are not followed;
- burns of the organs of vision when liquid nitrogen enters the mucosa;
- injury to the respiratory system when gas enters.
In contact with a wet surface, nitrogen tends to adhere, so avoid contact with lips and other parts of the face.
Session price in New York, Los Angeles,
The cost of one procedure may vary depending on the level of the clinic, specialist qualifications, modifications of the cryosauna and the location of the salon providing this service.
A brief comparative table of the cost of the of USA:
|City (region)||Cost of 1 procedure||Subscription (10 visits)|
|New York||From $ 14 – $ 50.||From $ 109 – $ 163.|
|New York (region)||From $ 9 – $ 14.||From $ 82.|
|Los Angeles||From $ 20 – $ 34.||$ 136.|
|Los Angeles (region)||From $ 11 – $ 24.||From $ 102.|
|Washington||From $ 11,56.||From $ 109.|
|Atlanta||From $ 14 – $ 41.||From $ 122.|
Do not miss the most popular article in the rubric:
Fashionable bangs of the new season for medium, short, long hair. Photo.
Patient reviews and doctors’ recommendations
Patients after the first procedure note the positive effect of cryotherapy, improving well-being, strengthening tone, emotional tide, feeling of cheerfulness.
After completing the full course in order to eliminate aesthetic problems and losing weight, there is:
- weight loss by 7 -11 pounds;
- skin turgor improvement;
- decrease in the severity of cellulite;
- elimination of age-related changes;
- decrease in volumes by 0’8 – 2 inch.
Doctors also note a positive effect, which manifests itself in strengthening the protective function of the body, normalizing circulation and metabolic processes, increasing immunity, improving the functioning of joints and all physiological life support systems.
Despite the high score, doctors do not recommend abusing visits to cryosaunas
It is recommended that you strictly adhere to the individual course and the general therapeutic program developed individually for the patient.
Cryosauna – effective cold therapy to treat, rejuvenate and eliminate age-related changes. To achieve maximum effect, it is important to consider indications and contraindications, as well as precautions before the sessions. This will help to avoid negative consequences.
Video on the topic: cryosauna, indications and contraindications
Cryosauna for rejuvenation: